[Drama 2019] Haechi, 해치

0ly40

• Replies 794
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am expecting this week Shinim literati purges to happen and that the riff between YN and the King will be even bigger. His brother perceives more and more YN as a thread. Based on wikipedia, YN leaves the palace saying that he will live as a commoner. I do think that this is about to happen.

@bebebisous33 that would be great!  And maybe they will also show how Yeoning will be asked to govern in place of the King because of the latter's poor health. If the drama can focus on those important events, it doesn't really matter that much to me if Yeoning and Yeo Ji don't end up together. 

But I would still want the drama to handle that break in a logical way and not just let Yeo Ji's character fade away. :)

Preview to Episode 14

Yesterday Yi Geum is taking a massive political beating.

Preview...fake news spreading that Yi Geum is not the late King (Sukjong) posterity

Dal Mun is looking like a love sick puppy with dire consequences

Yi Geum better comes up with some counterattack

Most likely Yi Yi Gyeom will be the casualty of this purge

History

Shinim Sahwa Literati Purge (신임사화, 辛壬士祸 1721-1722) played out in episode 13 that Noron pushed Yi Geum who is Crown Prince should act as Regent for the ailing Gyeongjong (in the drama doctored by Prince Milpunggung Yi Tan, nor Gyeongjong looking ailing). Soron of course opposed & propose to have Yi Geum deposed citing to accuse Yi Geum from making pact to attempt to assassinate Gyeongjong to usurp the throne . This result in massive Noron casualty mainly Yi Yi Myeong (in drama Yi Yi Gyeom) & Noron Prime Minister Kim Chang Jib (in drama Kim Chang Jong) lives was claimed. Queen Jeongseong (in drama Seo ssi & presently Crown Princess)'s family was also indicted in the literati purge. A total of 60 officials, 4 Noron leaders lost their lives (Min Jin Heon will not be one of them since he seems to be singing the same song sheet with Soron Jo Tae Gu) & about 170 people were exiles

Soron Jo Tae Gu become Prime Minister from 1721-1723 during Gyeongjong reign after the execution of Kim Chang Jib (Prime Minister from 1717-1721)

Haechi2324-00479.jpg

Jo Tae Gu (조태구, 趙泰耉, 1660 - 1723) in the drama, refer by @lightbringer06 as the "new" old geezer

In the end Yi Geum was never made Regent, nor although precarious he was never deposed as Crown Prince

It's really frustrating that those haters never seem to give Go Ara a break. Be it whatever drama I watched with her, it's either she "looks fat", she "has no expression" and blah blah blah. :unamused:

I have no issues and I like what i see in those characters she has to play.

It's just sad that now she is injured and she sort of got push back to "behind the scene" type of character.

I really hope they won't rewrite her character as someone who falls in love and forgotten about her duties.

I'm already prepared for the heartbreak between Crown Prince and her. I'm not ok with the heartbreak of her losing her strong character!

(To the writer / producer of Haechi, remember I said I will smack you like what YJ did to MS? It will hurt.........)

Now back to Haechi.

I usually binge watch the latest 2 days drama together but I just can't stay off this time.

My poor heart.

Our dear Crown Prince just couldn't take a break to enjoy the glory and peace yah?

So.. I'm gonna bite.

Who fed that irritating Prince YT brain?

How did he get to scheme and has the audacity to plot against our Crown Prince?

Aargh!! Die already!

And DM. OMG.

That betrayal stings. All for a woman who is still manipulating him.

Someone throw him a bone pls.

Aargh!!!

Hoping tonight's episode will be better for our Crown Prince and our hearts.

About Dal Moon, all the drama writeups I've come across so far describe him as a famous street clown but I see no hint whatsoever of this being his background. These are the things that really annoy me sometimes about these dramas. Little plot holes and important details taken for granted. :mellow:

@Josephine Safowaa

i tot the crown prince is called SEJA in korean but the lead actor here is called in a different way.ooh but it's still starts with SE

It is Seje (세제, 世弟, Heir apparent Brother) or people address him as Seje Jeoha (세제저하, 世弟邸下). If you address the Crown Prince as Seja (세자, 世子) as it was earlier with Gyeongjong, the person must be the son (Ja, 자, 子) of the reigning King

@akhenaten

"What I find hard to reconcile, though, is the alleged cruelty of Yeongjo towards his son, Crown Prince Sado, which was said to have caused the prince's mental instability. Yeongjo put his own son to death and made his grandson the next heir.  It doesn't seem to jive with what history also said was Yeongjo's kindness, humility and benevolence."

Yeongjo was a Sage ruler toward his people but was indeed "brutal" towards his son.

Yeongjo had Crown Prince Sado when he was 41 years old prior to Crown Prince Hyojang Yi Haeng (1719 - 1728), Yeongjo's posterity were mainly daughters. As the average age span for Joseon King was 47 years old when the average age expectancy among the people in Joseon was male 24 years while 26 years for female while the upper class with better nutrition average at 35 years.

Yeongjo felt short-handed in time & being a pragmatist tries to push his aspiration & expectation to made Crown Prince Sado an image of himself by providing his son "hard knocks" lessons on statecraft but his son shown none & could not take the pressure & succumb to mental stress & push his son into retreat, that turns into bitter resentment & anger, not being a help that Yeongjo was overly critical & unhelpful. This left a great disappointment for Yeongjo who felt his son didn't made the grades he set up which left unresolved pain & wound between Yeongjo & Crown Prince Sado which also create an environment of fear & instability. To make matter worst, Soron faction decided to place their political support on Crown Prince Sado which trigger Yeongjo's caution, having suffer the trauma of political strife in 1721-1722. Crown Prince Sado sword wielding tactics around the palace was no help either

Yeongjo even sideline his Crown Prince by making Crown Prince Sado & Princess Hyegyeonggung first born son Crown Prince Uiso Yi Jeong (1750-1752, Jeongjo was their 2nd son born in 1752) as Crown Prince. But the early death of Crown Prince Uiso also left the searing psychological struggles between Yeongjo & Crown Prince Sado & without emotional buffer & referee in Queen Inwon who died in 1757.

Crown Prince Sado was force to his death in 1762 as Yeongjo knew he had an heir apparent in Jeongjo, just need to tweak Jeongjo's lineage. Poor Princess Hyegyeonggung had to force to chose between her husband & son we know that she chose her son over her husband then having her son being posthumously adopted by his deceased Uncle Crown Prince Hyojang to make him eligible as Crown Prince in 1764

I recommend the movie "The Throne" (사도,思悼)

Looks like YG didnt get anything from his ancestor Bang Won.

If its the same line of kings at all.

I thought that YG will kill MP way earlier.

DM reminds of that musketeer from the novel, that lost everything

for the woman he loved, but she didnt manage to trick him the second time.

I think the same will happen with DM.

@yoo1 And I wonder why it took so long for Il Woo to post a pic of him and Go Ara :D...lol. I know Ara usually post with all of his co-actors, on the other hand.

@akhenaten Idk why they referred to Dal Moon's character as a famous clown. Actually, he's more of like a 'king' on the street, he manipulates and control the homeless. He even said so himself after YN was proclaimed as Crown Prince.

2 hours ago, yoo1 said:
Haters gonna hate, but our crown prince loves YeoYeo! :wub: 

The chemistry is just undenible! I love both of them and I am satisfied on how they portray their roles. 

Happy to see ilwoo uploading his picture with Goara... That will help on the romance side..

Brother king, u need to trust your CP.... sigh, you were so nice to make him your CP and now you're stabbing him at the back.. sigh..

Stills with PMS and DM... 

Dal Moon needs to wake up! 

3 hours ago, realistic2280a said:

Happy to see ilwoo uploading his picture with Goara... That will help on the romance side..

I'm glad to read positive comments as majority on his post. :wub: 

@lightbringer06

"And I wonder why it took so long for Il Woo to post a pic of him and Go Ara ...lol. I know Ara usually post with all of his co-actors, on the other hand. "

>>>Maybe because he feels her absence and misses her now. :D Kidding aside, he maybe knows Yeoji's absence will affect Ara's fans now. This is the best timing to post. 

@akhenaten Idk why they referred to Dal Moon's character as a famous clown. Actually, he's more of like a 'king' on the street, he manipulates and control the homeless. He even said so himself after YN was proclaimed as Crown Prince

>>>> The term clown is confusing, I also read that description before. Maybe it's just wrongly translated. 

2 hours ago, Yongzura said:

Watching this drama make me tense sometimes ... not sometimes but most of the time.  When are they going to give the Crown Prince a break.... but this is the part that I like to watch.   Be strong!

Right, the twists are happening so quickly. Last week, the King is so eager to protect Yeoning,  and now this happens. It's hard to breathe, but yes,  that makes Haechi a must-watch. 

Just finished episodes 25-26 and I must say....I'm just at a loss right now.

But dang.  Jung Il Woo is in the zone!  He's his character through and through.  I checked out some clips of his earlier dramas (particularly the ones set in the modern day) and the way his characters were and the way he acted then were not even close to this.  His Yeoning is strong, flawed, broken.  You can see the tension on his face in these last few episodes.  His eyes often look haunted and sad, yet there is a determined glint in them.   

I don't know why this drama doesn't have as many viewers as it should, given the storyline and the acting.  I find it very strange.  :mellow:

42 minutes ago, akhenaten said:

I don't know why this drama doesn't have as many viewers as it should, given the storyline and the acting.  I find it very strange.  :mellow:

Maybe it's due to:

The lightings. Damn... I always ALWAYS need to brighten my screen just so that I can SEE their faces!! :lol:

Also... Not much kiss-su,  kiss-su.

No obvious hand touching, hugging.

They only showed Jung Il Woo abs 1 time (How dare they! Where's the obligatory bathing scenes for all Male lead in k drama???? :joy:)

And all those cotton candies and fluff that makes ladies heart flutter... hehehe

To be serious?

I suspect it got to be due to the politics, the scheming.

Might be hard for some to digest.

I mean for goodness sake.. didn't we have some casualties at the first few episodes? 

IF I didn't like Go Ara and has some interest in history especially such storyline, I might also not watch this.

But of course. I don't speak for the public or the rest. Just my personal opinion. :)

@akhenaten

"Idk why they referred to Dal Moon's character as a famous clown. Actually, he's more of like a 'king' on the street, he manipulates and control the homeless. He even said so himself after YN was proclaimed as Crown Prince"

The word Gwang Dae (광대 廣大), known from the previous drama as "Clown", general term for a "street performer"

Episode 14

Yi Hwon's ghost pay a visit to Yi Geum to give him support

Dal Mun is playing mole agent for Yi Geum by playing code words with the "wall notice"

Park Mun Su now knows that Wi Byeong Joo is behind Han Jeong Seok's death & had buried evidence of his death

Queen Inwon gave Yi Geum one of Sukjong's possession which is a pair reading glasses, currently known in Joseon as "aids" to affirm that he is indeed Sukjong posterity 

Min Jin Heon step out in Yi Geum's defence in Court Tribunal (Show Trial) & why are all the official wearing "black stole" over their official robes

No preview

Our prince takes so many hits again and again and again :( (he's like kaneki in tokyo ghoul always loosing ^^).

The issue with the king beside the fact that he's not strong and he cannot have children is that the gap age between them is too short so of course he will be more suspicious even if he's a kind king but he's human and has his weaknesses.

I really love Min jin Won he's smart and charismatic, here he will have no choice but side with our prince i mean he knows that mil poong

will kill him and his whole clan if he became the king.

Dal moon won't betray his people in the end (even if he's nostalgic of his first love).

I've been busy the past week, but I finally caught up! Yay! So many revelations. 

Spoiler

Ahhh a noh young hak appearance! Nice to see him again. Seriously, he's just so damn good, especially in sageuks- it just pierces the depths of my soul. Not being dramatic or anything. 

Damn, looks like moon soo finally found out about wi byung joo and han jung seok's death. 

I love how smart min jin heon is. Yes, there have been many "clever" villains in the past(i mean, they wouldn't be a serious threat if they were stupid), but min doesn't just try to take down [important] people he dislikes using drastic measures. He's a step ahead of the other officials. And the way yi geum pretty much read his mind...

And the twist! dal moon actually working for yi geum this whole time under the guise of a betrayal. He and yi geum who found out about it in the letters- wow. Ridiculously clever.  

jung moon sung is so damn good(can you believe he was the same guy in chief kim?) and the all the amazing actors here are just one of the reasons why haechi needs to rise! People need to get some taste. :D 

You know it's going to be real good next week when there's no preview. And I can't wait for the shin im sa hwa. If they're putting that in the drama, of course. 

*insert obligatory justice-for-haechi-comment here*

in conclusion, all the acting awards for haechi and the cast, ratings be damned. 

Archived