[Drama 2019] Haechi, 해치

0ly40

22 hours ago, yoo1 said:

Can I ship both? Don't sue me, Judge Im :D 

The RM guesting.... yeah I laughed at il-woo when he said he felt crying. Ara is too honest to mention Jo In-sung. And what does she mean "passionate" romance genre? Il-Woo's reaction when she says that, he is blushing while saying lots of kissing scenes (something like that). :P:D 

I think he mentioned the first taping or the first scene they did together... RM hosts should asked them further but the focus shifted to their resident love.

Ha ha...were you shipping LAra  as well? :D

I think Ara used the word 'melo' during that RM ep..and yeah, it means lots of 'passionate scenes'...ha ha..I was hoping they ask Il Woo further about them if only JongKook didn't interfere, and so the focus shifted to them :).

Thanks for the photo stills :kiss_wink:. Here's more...

20190318-181505.png

• Replies 794
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, lightbringer06 said:

Ha ha...were you shipping LAra  as well?

*off-thread-topic* I believe those who love Ms. Hammurabi would surely fall for LAra in that drama eventhough the main focus of the story is not romance. I hope Haechi will achieve the same development. :heart:

Thanks for sharing all stills. 

And finally Go Ara updated on IG today. She is back on taping... Hope she will be fully recovered. Eventhough her role is fictional, with lesser Yeoji in the scene will never be the same. 

https://www.instagram.com/ara_go_0211/p/BvJA7b1Fr2o/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1d8k268w3d1f0

2 hours ago, lightbringer06 said:

Ha ha...were you shipping LAra  as well? :D

I think Ara used the word 'melo' during that RM ep..and yeah, it means lots of 'passionate scenes'...ha ha..I was hoping they ask Il Woo further about them if only JongKook didn't interfere, and so the focus shifted to them :).

Thanks for the photo stills :kiss_wink:. Here's more...

Hmmm.  Yeo Ji seems a bit reluctant to touch Yeoning in that scene.  Her hands are closed into fists and her upper body is stiff, as if she's trying to keep herself away from him.  

I actually like the idea of Yeoning and Yeo Ji falling in love.  Whether or not it prospers is another story altogether, because we all know Yeoning was a real person and I don't really know if Yeo Ji's character was based on someone he really knew then.  From what I've read, he had around 6 wives (i.e. queens and consorts) in his lifetime, and I wouldn't put it past the realm of possibility that he probably had several unnamed and unaccounted for concubines as well.

Even if their ship were to eventually sink, though, I just hope the writer and director develop it in such a way that it's organic to the story and their characters' development.  I want to feel with them as they fall in love, and not to be told that they are.  I want their romance to be developed and acted in such a way that the viewers like myself would find ourselves immersed in it, and when it ends, I want my heart to get really broken along with theirs.  I want Yeoning and Yeo Ji to feel real.  Right now,  Yeoning is already aware of her as a woman and is starting to feel more for her than he did for the other women in his life.  All he needs is a bit of a push and he's just gonna tumble down into love with her.  Yeo Ji is still a bit of a mystery in so far as how she perceives Yeoning.  I can't really tell yet if she's starting to like him as more than one of her comrades, or if she's starting to see him as a man and not a crown prince.  At least I know she respects him and likes him as a person.  

I'm still waiting for that sucker-punch-in-the-gut moment between Yeoning and Yeo Ji, but I don't want the writer to rush it.  I want her to build it gradually and make it worth the wait so that when they finally come together, it will be beautiful.  And please, please, please, PD-nim:  no close-lipped kisses that look as if their faces just got smashed together.  And writer-nim, please don't do what you did with "Dong Yi".  So many scenes wasted when we could have had more than just touching hands and smiling at each other.  I'm not asking for any love scenes, but just nice intimate scenes that will show how deeply and strongly Yeoning and Yeo Ji feel for each other. :)          

@yoo1 Yes, I am so happy to see her updates on her IG..I'm following her so I'm always waiting for any posts she has..and glad she's finally back..I hope her ankle's better now because I still wanna see YJ kicking some bad asses :D.

@akhenaten Coudn't agree with you more. It's actually a slow burn romance because YJ is very oblivious in terms of it. I prefer it this way as well rather than feeling too rushed about it, I just don't know how the writer will actually develop it considering it is not the focal point of the story and we only have 28/14 eps left. Haven't actually watched DongYi so idk how this writer works. As long as the romance progress is well written and is satisfying, I don't think I'll be complaining of them not ending up together. A bittersweet ending, if you will. And like I said again and again, their survival is of utmost important.

EDIT: That photo still of YeoYeo was actually the ending part of tonight's episode :tounge_xd:. I saw the clips!!...YN was teaching YJ I think about what a 'palace maid'?...don't know if that was right cause I don't understand what they're saying. And then...:kiss_wink:..cut..to be continued..ha ha :D

Just finished ep 11. Seriously, this drama keeps getting better and better.  I like the strong bond between royal brothers; and the king is getting more and more confident. I applaud the drama of how it portrays king GJ. He could do so much more for Joseon with YN's helps if history was on his side.

I read that someone wonder why Saheonbu arrests YN and not MP, since he killed so many people.

The reason is that who is the killer and who is the victims. In Joseon, not all people are treated equally.

MP killed salves, who, in the eyes of the nobles, mean nothing ( although MP killed YH, but that case was not investigated and to most people, YH died of illness).

However, although YN does not kill anyone. There is a eye-witness, and the victims are nobles and are killed by slaves.

To those nobles, it is not a crime to kill salves, but it is a crime to kill nobles. It is just a f-k up caste system.

It's unfortunate to not see Go Ara for 3 eps but I am glad that they are giving her time to rest well and that there will be no negative effect on the story. I wonder, though, how will they fill her absence in those episodes cause a lot can happen even in just one episode. 

At times like this, I wish this was a preproduced drama..:huh:

Here's the full article...

https://www.soompi.com/article/1311196wpp/go-ara-to-not-appear-in-haechi-temporarily-due-to-ankle-injury

And here's the ratings...

Wow. Some incredible moments this episode. 

Spoiler

That scene where all the people threw in their identification in the pile... and even just stones and pieces of wood with their names from those who don't have an i.d. tag. 

The relationship between the officials of the different factions, and within factions, is so compelling to me. 

And when yi geum was reading out the names(well, not actually their names- the slaves are i.d.'ed with certain physical characteristics) of the slaves... 

And the bgm...swoon. Give that music PD a raise! 

Edit: I love that yeoji's obliviousness to yi geum's feelings (well... oblivious up to the end of this episode, haha) aren't without a reason though. Having been a saheonbu damo, serious business is always first on her mind- girl has priorities! 

7 minutes ago, lightbringer06 said:

It's unfortunate to not see Go Ara for 3 eps but I am glad that they are giving her time to rest well and that there will be no negative effect on the story. I wonder, though, how will they fill her absence in those episodes cause a lot can happen even in just one episode. 

Here's the full article...

https://www.soompi.com/article/1311196wpp/go-ara-to-not-appear-in-haechi-temporarily-due-to-ankle-injury

Yep their wellbeing always comes first.

Practically spoiled myself for episode 11. Agh. Saw the end of that still @lightbringer06 and I so hope the writer and PD won't turn it into an almost-but-not-quite moment,  although knowing how these Kwriters swing,  Moon Soo is bound to interrupt that moment. :huh:

It's just strange that I don't see as much hype or comments in the media about this drama. Ratings aren't too low but I would've expected them to be higher,  given how Koreans are known to love their sageuks. And besides,  it's the comeback drama of Jung Il Woo who seems to be well-liked and well-respected as an actor.  

I do read quite a number about Go A RA's acting,  though. It seems they find something wrong with it.  I personally don't see anything much wrong with it,  although I must say that in some scenes where Jung Il Woo is showing so much intense emotion,  she can be very poker-faced. Or maybe that's how Yeo Ji's character is supposed to be.  

@Yongzura aw. That's too bad. I'm glad she's taking a rest but with the drama more than halfway done (how many episodes do we still have to go?),  I'm afraid the development of her relationship with Jung Il Woo in the drama will be half-baked and it will just fizzle out. I'm hoping this drama will take Yeoning's story up to the point where he becomes king and a little past that so there's still some time to develop his romance with Yeo Ji even if it ends tragically.  But I don't see how they csn do that without extending the drama which from the looks of it,  is very remote. :mellow: 

I haven't seen the latest episodes yet. Thanks for all the spoilers... 

btw, sad to hear Go Ara can't make it for a few episodes. At least she tried to do it. I applaud her dedication. Hope the situation doesn't make her upset.

I'm able to watch, maybe later this week... hope everything will be all right. 

If it's just 3 half-hour episodes, it shouldn't be a problem. Especially since this isn't a regular miniseries like other dramas. 

Anyways, deep, serious plot content aside, let me fangirl over that last scene: EEEEEEEE

Yeah, I'm a sucker for (tastefully done!!) romance in sageuks, sue me. :D This is loads better than dong yi could ever aspire to be and I don't even need to be halfway through the series to conclude it. Justice for haechi's ratings! 

/endrant

i cracked up when YJ told YN that she can work in the palace kitchen because she is a good cook :D

Though i hope for a kissue, at the moment YJ still seem very unaware of YN's feeling ( and probably unaware of how 

much she cares for him). Tonight, the show may start with MS crashing into the scene 

Based on the preview, it looks like a kiss might have happened because the court lady and friend noticed some changes. I guess, the kiss will be more a peck because PMS is about to appear.

I was surprised how YT/MP's mistress got shocked, when she heard the name DM. So maybe she thought that DM had died due to her betrayal... and she just realized that DM was still alive and could be after her. 

So touching episode. I really love it. Sometimes I smile, sometimes I cry. I like the way they build our characters here, especially the three mains. Besides the close link between them, their common ideal and the same path they share, they have their own fights. After 11 eps, I find that PD's arrangement is so interesting:
- When YN is at the court with JS at the first time to accused Prince MP, YJ and MS catch the witness as YN orders.
- When YN faces with his father and brother death, YJ and MS are crying for JS death.
- While YN is fighting with assasins, YJ has to fight with the dumb old man.
- When YN is at the court again for himself, YJ and MS are at the new courtesan house and face with Prince MP.
- And when YN is arrested, MS is protecting the commoners from Saheonbu soldiers.

In this ep, the scene I like most is the talk between YN and MS. Yeah, sometimes in life, you feel like you're so small and can not do what you intend to from the start. 

The kiss, uhm, I don't think it's romantic although it's not a how-a-court-lady-be lesson neither. In this scene, our YJ is still clueless and naive, and I don't know, but YN looks so sad. From now on, their relationship will be different. Perhaps, they really know that their feeling will not lead them to happiness. OK, I'm ready for that. But I hope they will be brave enough to love each other no matter what awaits them ahead. And I really like the line YJ says. "I will protect you no matter what". It's so touching. And I think YN heart can feel it.

Archived