[Drama 2019] Haechi, 해치

0ly40

each ep is getting much better.

Yeo-Ji and Cho-hong drinking together made my night. i was wishing for them have a chance to talk. i wanted a friendship between them.

i like how we got to see more of Cho-hong, Cheon Yoon-Young, Crown Princess and Queen Inwon and their importance too. 

maybe i'm mistaken, but  Han Jung-Seok (Lee Mil po) mentioned a little bit about Yeo-Ji and their connection in the early eps, right? or no? i'm trying to remember here....

• Replies 794
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, mari_may said:

each ep is getting much better.

Yeo-Ji and Cho-hong drinking together made my night. i was wishing for them have a chance to talk. i wanted a friendship between them.

i like how we got to see more of Cho-hong, Cheon Yoon-Young, Crown Princess and Queen Inwon and their importance too. 

maybe i'm mistaken, but  Han Jung-Seok (Lee Mil po) mentioned a little bit about Yeo-Ji and their connection in the early eps, right? or no? i'm trying to remember here....

I don't think he did? However, according to Yeoji, she considers his family her own family. I believe she might have been with them for so long. Idk if Yeoji is an orphan or what. I hope they can also at least provide a little background on the main characters. It seems they all don't have families, well, except for Yeoning.

26 minutes ago, lightbringer06 said:

I don't think he did? However, according to Yeoji, she considers his family her own family. I believe she might have been with them for so long. Idk if Yeoji is an orphan or what. I hope they can also at least provide a little background on the main characters. It seems they all don't have families, well, except for Yeoning.

thank you @lightbringer06 !

i think that was this mentioned. i also do hope they show more of her background.

her charc. devel. in the latest eps has been great. hopefully she gets more screentime.

50 minutes ago, mari_may said:

thank you @lightbringer06 !

i think that was this mentioned. i also do hope they show more of her background.

her charc. devel. in the latest eps has been great. hopefully she gets more screentime.

I believe there will be episodes to unveil Yeoji's past. It should have since her character is fictional, we have no idea and reference what her past is unlike those who are figures in history, so the writer should tell/show us. 

3 hours ago, rocher22 said:

WB and BY in the drama SFD were in love with eachother.

She was there for him until he became king and then they split. 

Oh yeah, I remember now..I actually started that one but forgot to finish. It's plausible it might end the same way, since Shin Se Kyung's character there, I believe, is also fictional, right?

1 hour ago, lightbringer06 said:

Oh yeah, I remember now..I actually started that one but forgot to finish. It's plausible it might end the same way, since Shin Se Kyung's character there, I believe, is also fictional, right?

Yes, BY is also a fictional character. 

Hmm..it's been too quiet here :D.

Finally caught up with the latest eps. I have to say, this drama has been moving too fast, I feel like there's not enough time to breath..lol. So a year has already passed, and man, Yeoning really is a clever and smart prince. In just a year, he already knows how to play with politics. His leadership potential that his father sees in him is transpiring. He actually join hands even with his enemies. One thing I love with the latest eps is that I enjoy how MJH and Wi Byung Joo are being played by Yeoning, even Mil Poong. The enemies crashing with each other, there isn't actually just one enemy, but even each of them doesn't actually side with one another. This is quite refreshing to see. I usually hate watching antagonists plotting or scheming, but I somehow enjoys all of them here. 

And may I also say I enjoyed watching Yeoning and Yeoji fighting each other in that reference room :wub:.

Haechi-Episode-09-10-1.gif

Haechi-Episode-09-10-2.gif

(I wonder if it was Go Ara who did that side flip B) or if it's a stunt). But...I mostly like it when they were fighting together.:D

Spoiler

Haechi-Episode-11-12-1.gif

Haechi-Episode-11-12-2.gif

I was about to start to wonder who is stronger between Yeoning and Yeoji when it comes to fighting, however after watching their fight together, I think they may be on par. I love how they protected one another, it's like they already have that mutual understanding. A perfect tandem. The fights are also very realistic, they aren't that really super strong but not weak either. 

I will say this and might say it again, but I really love Moon Soo!^^ Did you guys see those motivational posts on his wall? Ha ha...I was laughing at that. Moon Soo, to me, is like a certain color which will never be tainted. He has a very strong sense of justice to a fault.

Spoiler

Haechi-Episode-09-10-4.gif

Now to Dal Moon...it seems he and Yeoning built some kind of a relationship within the past year. Though it's more of like buying each other some information. I like how Yeoning is so straightforward when it comes to Dal Moon. He's very clear to him what he actually wants, and how he wanted Dal Moon to be on the same path as him. Dal Moon is still on the fence in terms of Yeoning, however he appear to understand Yeoning quite well too. Is he totally MJH's dog? 

I was also quite surprised on eps 11-12 when Yeoning has been thinking of Yeoji already. I know that we will eventually see the loveline, but I thought it was too sudden. Or perhaps, within that span of one year keeping an eye on her, he prolly gotten to know more about her? Though I did somehow get a bit of it during the conversation b/w Cho Hong and Yeoji, where Cho Hong said Yeoji doesn't seem surprised when she said she used to sell alcohol...and her saying "Now, I get it..No wonder he.." I'm not sure what exactly could have triggered Yeoning to start feeling that way, although even from the start he's been almost unnoticeably flirting with her.

As for the preview, I believe we will be able to see this mysterious man again, who seems to be working for MJH. 

Spoiler

Haechi-Episode-05-6-1.gif

Looks like Yeoji will have an encounter with him.

After watching this week's episodes, I was reminded of that famous saying, No Man is an Island. As intelligent Yeoning may be, he of course needs people who can give him support (and vice versa) now that he's starting to walk a dangerous path. And can they make Dal Moon be a part of the group already? I wanna see his interactions with Yeoji or Moon Soo too! And that man Yoon Hyuk, I'm guessing he will be Inspector Han 2.0. He might as well become part of Yeoning's group down the road.

Anyways, I'm loving this drama and excited for more! :kiss_wink:

Same thing here, @lightbringer06. I'm enjoying this drama.

Will have to continue watching this and blog some more. I've been a bit distracted with another drama. 

I'm liking Go Ara's character here. Hallellujah! We've a strong,THINKING female in a kdrama once again. I don't mind if she doesn't end up as a romantic interest of the Prince, MoonSoo or Dalmoon (lol). It would be nice if she did, but she's her own woman. 

As for the bodyguard of the Minister, yes, I wonder what his backstory is. He was there in the beginning when the Minister was discussing the Haechi symbolism with the Bad Investigator (at 3:04). 

hRpCLeI.png

I think Dalmoon will eventually side with Prince Yeoning. I often give myself the creeps when I make predictions on my "First Impressions" post, but I think we'll end up with the four main people on the "Avenger's Team" that is The Prince, Moonsoo, YeoJi and Dalmoon. If you noticed I didn't include the Good Investigator on the list because I knew he was going to die soon in the script. (His name wasn't on the top billing. lol.)

Okay, I'm off to review the next episodes....

@packmule3 I know Yeoji is Yeoning's love interest, idk about Moon Soo or even Dal Moon though..ha ha. Moon Soo clearly sees her as 'namja' :D. I love Go Ara's character here as well, not just a strong female lead but, yes, certainly smart.

Oh no...I was hoping that Yoon Hyuk will stay for long but, yeah, you might be right...ha ha. But at least kill him off at the end..lol.

I actually didn't notice that mysterious man when they discussing about Haechi.

@lightbringer06 @packmule3 I believe that YK will become PMS's sunbaenim and mentor but I am also expecting that YK dies at some point. It is described that YN took a dangerous path and while we know that he will end up as king, along his way to the throne, he will lose some people. I am also sure that PMS succeeded this time but became a victim of that corruption.

DM is not really working for MJH, he only chose his side because the Noron leader was powerful. However, MJH is about to lose some power. Secondly, YN was the only one who showed empathy to the weak, which is something unusual for a prince. Strangely, YN hurt his "people" by not clearing the misunderstanding and DM knew about that. DM knew that by doing so, YN was trying to protect them... he didn't want them to be involved in his fight. This was the other clue that the prince had a heart. YN made DM realize that only power is not good as there is always someone who gets hurt. YN made him realize that he wasn't really different from the ones DM despises.      

8 hours ago, lightbringer06 said:

I was also quite surprised on eps 11-12 when Yeoning has been thinking of Yeoji already. I know that we will eventually see the loveline, but I thought it was too sudden. Or perhaps, within that span of one year keeping an eye on her, he prolly gotten to know more about her? Though I did somehow get a bit of it during the conversation b/w Cho Hong and Yeoji, where Cho Hong said Yeoji doesn't seem surprised when she said she used to sell alcohol...and her saying "Now, I get it..No wonder he.." I'm not sure what exactly could have triggered Yeoning to start feeling that way, although even from the start he's been almost unnoticeably flirting with her.

i was surprised about YN's feeling  toward YJ as well. However, when i compare the translation between VIU and Viki, and i can see the different. In VIU version, it looks like YN has strong romantic feeling toward YJ. But in Viki version, it feels more platonic.

Can someone understand Korean explain it?

6 hours ago, lightbringer06 said:

@bebebisous33 Agree, when good people die for the greater good :tears:.

I love how complex DM is. He's the most interesting character for me, well, actually all of them :D. But for now, I'm leaning towards him seeing he is mysterious up to this time.

Same here. I like what DM brings to the table: the ambiguity: will he or won't he? 

I recognized belatedly that the actor who plays DM also played a bad character in the last kdrama I was watching, Memories of the Alhambra. It was a non-speaking role so I'm glad he has lines now. 

As for MoonSoo, I think the actor playing him is killing it. I only saw him in Let's Fight  Ghost where he played a creepy killer. I didn't know that he had it in him to play a light-hearted role. MoonSoo is too earnest though. I hope he doesn't lose that optimistic zeal as he deals with politics. 

My new post for Episodes 7 and 8 is here. I'm still behind four episodes but I should catch up this weekend. 

http://bitchesoverdramas.com/2019/03/01/haechi-episodes-7-and-8/

9 hours ago, lightbringer06 said:

(I wonder if it was Go Ara who did that side flip B) or if it's a stunt). But...I mostly like it when they were fighting

If I remember correctly, the director mentioned in an interview (it's an article but I can't remember where I read it lol) that Go Ara did her scenes without double. We will confirm this once they release the making/bts. I hope they'll post it. But knowing other works of Ara, she did stunts on her own. She did wire scenes in Pacemaker that broke her ankle before,  and in Black she tried risky scenes too, and in Hwarang. 

9 hours ago, packmule3 said:

I'm liking Go Ara's character here. Hallellujah! We've a strong,THINKING female in a kdrama once again. I don't mind if she doesn't end up as a romantic interest of the Prince, MoonSoo or Dalmoon (lol). It would be nice if she did, but she's her own woman

I second the motion! 

6 hours ago, star2010 said:

i was surprised about YN's feeling  toward YJ as well. However, when i compare the translation between VIU and Viki, and i can see the different. In VIU version, it looks like YN has strong romantic feeling toward YJ. But in Viki version, it feels more platonic.

Can someone understand Korean explain it?

I'm not sure what version I am watching. Can you tell me the difference?^^

6 hours ago, packmule3 said:

I recognized belatedly that the actor who plays DM also played a bad character in the last kdrama I was watching, Memories of the Alhambra. It was a non-speaking role so I'm glad he has lines now. 

As for MoonSoo, I think the actor playing him is killing it. I only saw him in Let's Fight  Ghost where he played a creepy killer. I didn't know that he had it in him to play a light-hearted role. MoonSoo is too earnest though. I hope he doesn't lose that optimistic zeal as he deals with politics. 

My new post for Episodes 7 and 8 is here. I'm still behind four episodes but I should catch up this weekend. 

http://bitchesoverdramas.com/2019/03/01/haechi-episodes-7-and-8/

Oh yeah, I think I saw DM in MOA..am not watching that drama tho. As for Kwon Yul, I think this drama is good for him because he can finally break out from his usual serious, villain roles. I didn't know he can actually be funny :D. Thanks for the post, will check later, but can you possibly repost again the link, it seems it's not a direct link? :P

@yoo1 I think it was an article from Soompi where it was stated she's doing scenes without a double. I just wasn't sure if she can do side flip, I know she's pretty flexible too. Yeah, I hope they release some BTS too. SBS is too stingy with regards to video clips and even BTS videos. This is why I like JTBC and TVN more because they, on the other hand, are so generous. They know how to promote their dramas :D.

@mari_may Did you mean you really want to learn, like making gifs? :)

Archived