[Drama 2019] Haechi, 해치

0ly40

• Replies 794
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, mari_may said:

@spark101 yes, i think you're right!

now i was thinking: there's a scene in one of the teasers that shows Yeongjo drunken and then crying, like something happen to someone close to him.

Hm, good thinking, I wasn't thinking of that scene. Though that might also be his reaction to prince yeonryung's death. (also in real life, yeonryung died at age 20.)

After a while faind good Saeguk drama:blush:

Excited to follow the story this prince is Dong yi son:wub:

He will become a good King does he?

Watching all the cast look like this drama very outstanding, event the soldiers they chooses the experience actor and the good one.

Very promosing:thumbsup:

Okay, I actually didn't have high expectations, but this is shaping up to be  quite good. I was only meaning to watch the first episode and see how is it but I didn't suppose I'd finish all the eps^^. 

I love the addition/emphasis of the inspectors, this is somehow different from a lot of sageuk dramas. This is my second sageuk this year alongside its time slot rival The Crowned Clown. I never imagine I'd get hooked to sageuk dramas nowadays. This drama seems fast paced as well, too much going on in just 2/4 episodes.

Glad Go Ah Ra's character here is not another damsel in distress, she's fearless, strong willed, smart and good at fighting as well. I hope it stays like that, or get better even. I actually like her disguise as a man, she looks cute in it :wub:. Pretty boy.

Haechi-Episode-3-4-Watch-Haechi-Episode-

I'm liking Kwon Yul's character here, only watched him in Bring it on, Ghost and he's such a villain there. He's the comic relief here. I hope they still maintain these kinds of scenes to balance its pretty dark theme, we need some light scenes from time to time. Kdramas usually start with some comic scenes which I tend to get hooked with but then afterwards, it's going down the road of depressing-sad scenes. 

Spoiler

Lee Tan, I still don't know what to make of his character. One moment, he's kinda stupid, then scary, crazy, I find myself laughing at him whenever Yeoning outsmarts him.  He's like a bomb who doesn't need to tick, he just explodes. Quite a handy villain he is.

Now, I wonder how Yeoning and Yeoji will be romantically involved here since he is already married. As someone mentioned in a previous post, this is already a sinking ship before it even begins. We all know what happens if a female lead is not of royal blood or not even a royal concubine, there's zero chance. But yeah, I just hope they all survive in the end. And oh, just a random thought, if this ship has a name, it's quite weird because it'll be either YeoNing/YeoJi..which is exactly just their name even if combined :P.

The scary thing about yi tan right now is not the man himself, but the people supporting him(noron and minister min). It'll be very interesting to see how the writer evolves the conflict from yeoning vs noron+yi tan to after he becomes crown prince then king, where he's struggling against the noron having too much power in the government. In history, I believe the noron hoped to use yeoning as a puppet king(this is why they supported yeongjo/yeoning) to control the government. Of course, it didn't go that way and yeongjo became an effective ruler, though the noron did hold considerable power throughout. 

I'm of two minds about how to end the love line(either way, it does look like it'll be a very minor part, so those who don't like romance needn't worry, I think). On one hand, it would be cool to have her just keep doing her thing as an investigator. However, given the time period, there's no way she is going to get a higher/more influential position as a woman in that department, and I doubt it would do much good to remain a damo, where she would be bossed around by others, some less capable than her. The only way she'd be ranked  is as a court lady in the Naemyungbu(of which the queen is head, comprises all the court ladies of the palace, with various departments/roles). There, she could do a similar line of work as an investigative court lady, like in dong yi, but she would be in charge of inspecting women of the court. Another alternative ending would be for her to become a concubine. Now that may seem like a cliche ending, and seems limiting to yeoji, but given the role of women in those days, this would actually give her the biggest opportunity to really wield influence, though in a different capacity(see: all the consorts in joseon dynasty that became famous one way or another). 

Sorry for the extended rant. xD

only check this drama because of Go Ara, so far so good 

i hope this drama can be something like "Nirvana in Fire" where the focus is on power struggles and not romance (although it would be better if Liu Tao's character has more screen time)

@spark101  Yeoning and YeoJi is a sinking ship and i do not mind YeoJi dies at the end as long as her character plays important role in helping him get the throne, reform the system and shape his philosophy as a king.

A good and well meaning love story is always better than empty HEA romance.. 

I like how these three met.

They made me laugh.

Prince YG first saw that YJ is beautiful, but I think that he

already realised how smart and brave she is. :)

MS is a bit loud, but he doesnt give up easily when

he has a goal set.

DM tries not to stand out, but its clear that he sees

and knows everything.

I like that YG will have people like that around himself. 

On the romance side, I kinda agree with @spark101. It may go down like, Yeoning might offer her to be his concubine, YeoJi will decline. She will remain as an investigator who will keep supporting him from behind, and keeping things safe and in place so that he can successfully reign as a king. I'm 1000 percent sure they won't end up (just like most sageuks out there), so I just hope no one dies. Unless, okay, unless the writer may tweak it a little bit and might surprise us. I'm not quite sure if this drama will have potential plot twists along the way (since I'm not familiar with the writer), but we'll see. I just hope it won't be too predictable tho. 

I'm not familiar or knowledgeable about the history in Korea but is this how it usually goes? Kings don't necessarily marry for love, just like these Kdramas seem to portray or is it because they only wanna torture their viewers...ha ha. It's kind of sad if it is the case. Very befitting of those classical romance tragic English literatures.

1 hour ago, lightbringer06 said:

On the romance side, I kinda agree with @spark101. It may go down like, Yeoning might offer her to be his concubine, YeoJi will decline. She will remain as an investigator who will keep supporting him from behind, and keeping things safe and in place so that he can successfully reign as a king. I'm 1000 percent sure they won't end up (just like most sageuks out there), so I just hope no one dies. Unless, okay, unless the writer may tweak it a little bit and might surprise us. I'm not quite sure if this drama will have potential plot twists along the way (since I'm not familiar with the writer), but we'll see. I just hope it won't be too predictable tho. 

I'm not familiar or knowledgeable about the history in Korea but is this how it usually goes? Kings don't necessarily marry for love, just like these Kdramas seem to portray or is it because they only wanna torture their viewers...ha ha. It's kind of sad if it is the case. Very befitting of those classical romance tragic English literatures.

Of course the marriages of royalty and the noble class is arranged and not for marriage, but I think this is accurately portrayed in the dramas- see the official wives. In nearly all the dramas, the king's first/offical wife(the queen) is not loved, and it's other people they end up falling for. It was important that the first/official wife be from a good family/background for power and stability. Feelings were secondary with them. The king/noblemen could have consorts/concubines if they liked someone, and this is where we have the love story aspect of most historical kdramas.  

I want everyone to stay alive too, lol. That's all I ask, however they choose to end things on the romantic end. But again, from all indications the drama seems to focus a lot less on this side than Kim yi young's previous dramas. Yi san's main premise was definitely not romance, though that aspect that was very well done(seriously, anyone who likes sageuks and hasn't watched this one yet- do it!), and more of a presence than in haechi. Dong yi was pretty much all about romance- yes, there were other parts, but this one ended up being joseon era cinderella story(though to be fair, choi suk bin's real story is basically joseon cinderella). So romance haters have little to fear with Haechi. :D

On 2/14/2019 at 9:31 PM, mari_may said:

zagigirl

thank you for the comments. it's nice that you already familiar with Go Ara. and yes, was very funny. i also like she's quick and already was very upfront with Yeongjo about his ID.

i bet wil we see more blood and bratty behaviour from Milpoong.

yes and ep 2 really let scary about his thoughts. plus i'm afraid that something bad will happen with the lady he came along.

finally, what i fnd compelling is Jung Il woo acting. it's balanced. he's sarcastic, petty, funny, lovely... not over the top. i say h=this bc i have issues with his char in "moon the embraces the sun".

anyway,  kudos to the writer and directing!

I like that she's not pushy...she's smart...from the first moment she knew how far she can go with prince and that by force she can't do anything...patience is hard at times...but only thing we can rely sometimes

O yes MP will never change..he'll become even worse i'm afraid

About  our prince...he's funny, lovely a joker...but deep down he's so hurt by people putting on his nose his background, and his father behaviour

On 2/15/2019 at 3:42 PM, lightbringer06 said:

Okay, I actually didn't have high expectations, but this is shaping up to be  quite good. I was only meaning to watch the first episode and see how is it but I didn't suppose I'd finish all the eps^^. 

Now, I wonder how Yeoning and Yeoji will be romantically involved here since he is already married. As someone mentioned in a previous post, this is already a sinking ship before it even begins. We all know what happens if a female lead is not of royal blood or not even a royal concubine, there's zero chance. But yeah, I just hope they all survive in the end. And oh, just a random thought, if this ship has a name, it's quite weird because it'll be either YeoNing/YeoJi..which is exactly just their name even if combined :P.

I agree...first 2 eps were good...me like :D

I'm definitely for some romance...always :D...but he does have a wife, not the one he loves but anyway...they might be just buddies that will support the other prince to beat MP for crown...or maybe his wife elopes with another man soooo :vicx:

9 hours ago, lightbringer06 said:

7 hours ago, spark101 said:

Of course the marriages of royalty and the noble class is arranged and not for marriage, but I think this is accurately portrayed in the dramas- see the official wives. In nearly all the dramas, the king's first/offical wife(the queen) is not loved, and it's other people they end up falling for. It was important that the first/official wife be from a good family/background for power and stability. Feelings were secondary with them. The king/noblemen could have consorts/concubines if they liked someone, and this is where we have the love story aspect of most historical kdramas.  

Hmm...they got married for power and throne without love then had women aside and children with them..children that never had rights and chance like ones from first marriage..they even got killed...but selfish royals did it anyway :rolleyes:

BTW...looking fwd to new 2 eps :D...i miss them

32 minutes ago, lightbringer06 said:

Is no one streaming by the way, chingu-deuls?^^ I'm so used with TVN and JTBC because they always upload clips, but I forgot this is SBS :D. I don't mind bits of spoilers ^-^.

Don't understand much without subs...our prince made quite a speach infront of king and ministers...our girl and inspectors came to arest evil prince...then others came, stop them for a while...our girl got  a slap to let prince go but then that other guys  arrest prince anyway...there was touching scene between king and our prince...both had tears in their eyes...seems our prince's wife tortured a servent...wifes crying now infront of prince he might scold her i miss part.. .then joins them that girl who prince brought of boat...its not easy for our prince...to many women arround him :P...our girl comes as well...to rescue him seems to me...she calls him somewhere it seems...aaa business meeting...her superiors, her and prince...and funny guy (don't know his name yet)

Another story was placed on main squre again...our guys don't like it...wonder what it is

10 minutes ago, lightbringer06 said:

Is no one streaming by the way, chingu-deuls?^^ I'm so used with TVN and JTBC because they always upload clips, but I forgot this is SBS :D. I don't mind bits of spoilers ^-^.

Too lagging from my side..... have to give up ha ha...

Below the highlight from last week's episodes:

Credit to the owner

Archived