Real time rankings: 

1. Haechi

2. Drama Haechi

5. prince yeoning

6. haechi meaning

8. haechi relationship chart

9. sukjong genealogy 

10. prince milpoong 

LOL they've taken over search early on. I'm not sure how good ep 1 is, but it's getting people talking and curious which is good. Personally, I'll probably keep watching whether it's good or bad for the cast, as long as it's not boring, haha. But of course, all the best to this drama! 

• Replies 794
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, spark101 said:

Real time rankings: 

1. Haechi

2. Drama Haechi

5. prince yeoning

6. haechi meaning

8. haechi relationship chart

9. sukjong genealogy 

10. prince milpoong 

LOL they've taken over search early on. I'm not sure how good ep 1 is, but it's getting people talking and curious which is good. Personally, I'll probably keep watching whether it's good or bad for the cast, as long as it's not boring, haha. But of course, all the best to this drama! 

Yay! Good luck Haechi! 

I don't plan to watch this yet. But i'll be here to see updates and spoilers hehehe

• Guest changed the title to [Current Drama 2019] Haechi, 해치 - Mon & Tue @ 22:00 KST

I'm loving how many familiar faces from past sageuks I'm seeing amongst the minor supporting characters that weren't listed. 

Not looking forward to Prince Yeonryung's soon death :tears: why couldn't noh young hak get a more permanent role! 

I love how they portrayed yeoning's dynamic with his wife. In the drama, she gets mad at chohong for coming into her home, calling her a lowly thing, and of course he hears. In real life, there was an event where he asked why her hands were so pretty and soft(implying she hadn't done work), and his wife answered the wrong way and he misunderstood her as looking down on low class people/insulting his mother. You know, his humble background his relationship with the wife thing. Honestly, though, I feel sorry for her(future first queen of yeongjo). Many people were against him for his background, especially early on, and that didn't work favorably for her for sure either. On top of that, she never received any love or warmth from her husband. 

Ep 1 thoughts: To be honest, go ara's acting is the weakest link. To be clear, it doesn't detract from the drama as a whole imo, plus she's just surrounded by other people really, really good at their jobs(particularly the veterans like noh young hak). Also, we've seen relatively little of her thus far, so a conclusive judgement is premature. At any rate, ep 1 went above my expectations- I was engaged from beginning to end, without "drifting off"(losing focus during the drama- maybe this has happened to y'all before) at all. Maybe I've just missed historically based political sageuks, lol. Solid start; hope it gets even better. 

“Haechi” Premieres With Strong Ratings, “The Item” Trails

Monday this week brought two new K-dramas to the fold: SBS’s “Haechi,” starring Jung Il Wooand Go Ara, and MBC’sThe Item,” starring Joo Ji Hoon and Jin Se Yeon.

According to Nielsen Korea, “Haechi” shot to No. 1 in the Monday-Tuesday drama race with its premiere episodes, which recorded 6.0 percent and 7.1 percent respectively.

cr: soompi

----

[Haechi] PILOT Eps 1 & 2 spoilers, Jung Il Woo x Kwon Yool x Go Ara

haechi.png

Article: Naver 'Haechi' Jung Il Woo saves Go Ara's life  first meeting that's like fate 

1. [+255,-34]
This drama is really interesting~^*^~ Been a long while since I've watched a saguek drama~*~?!

2. [+184,-12]
But it's fun? I thought it'd be a heavy drama, but I smiled whenever Park Moon Soo appears because he's cute. ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

3. [+154,-11]
Kwon Yool's acting is the most stable one.. I think it's interesting. I look forward to the next episodes. 

4. [+81,-2]
Park Moon Soo and Lee Geum are cute. I hope to see them appear more often. 

5. [+57,-4]
Park Moon Soo's character is funny. ㅋㅋㅋ He's nosy. 

6. [+35,-2]
I feel like watching sageuk these days, it's been so long since I've watched a drama on a public tv channel. Moon Soo matches that Gat [t/n: traditional hat] the best. 

7. [+31,-2]
The Jung Il Woo and Kwon Yool combination is good. ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ It's so fun. 

8. [+24,-3]
This is so interesting~ Hit big, Go Ara!

Spoiler

yeoning.png

Article: Naver 'Haechi' Jung Il Woo's first meeting with Kwon Yool and Go Ara 

1. [+142,-7]
Kwon Yool is cute. He matches his role Park Moon Soo so well. 

2. [+97,-13]
SBS made their sageuk drama well this time. 

3. [+64,-10]
The chemistry between Park Moon Soo and Prince Yeoning is good.. They brighten up the mood in this sageuk whenever they appear together.. Haechi is fun. 

4. [+60,-9]
Kwon Yool is so cute. He's adorable when he's with Jung Il Woo. I hope the both of them appear more often together. 

5. [+29,-0]
Park Moon Soo ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ A super insider [t/n: someone who has a good relationship with their society such as work and school] from the Joseon Dynasty. ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Kwon Yool is cute. 

6. [+27,-4]
Jung Il Woo matches historical dramas better than modern ones. I had this thought since his 'Moon Embracing The Sun' days. 

7. [+20,-1]
I didn't have many expectations for this, but this seems interesting. Young Jo [t/n: Prince Yeoning/ Lee Geum]'s days when he was young and Park Moon Soo.. Kwon Yool is cute. Jung Il Woo matches well too. When will Go Ara age.. She looks good when she disguised herself as a man too. 

8. [+15,-2]
I really like the chemistry between Jung Il Woo and Go Ara~~♡ Let's go for the loveline quickly. 

9. [+14,-2]
Park Moon Soo ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Appear more often. I like him. 

cr

39 minutes ago, spark101 said:

@AlexandraReidIt has 48. All official sources, including the sbs homepage for haechi reports as such. Not sure why articles are saying 32, they must have assumed it was just like the other dramas with 32. 

yea as i also seen at the 1st page in this forum stated 32 eps :unsure:

-----

29 minutes ago, 12blbl said:

Will there be any romantic relationship between Yeoning and Yeoji? But Yeoning will eventually be king, so it probably a sinking ship 

Yep, there will be a romantic connection (see relationship chart) but I'm also thinking they won't end up together. Which I'm fine with as long as no one dies, lol. 

ep 2 ratings: 6.4, 6.9. Last week was 6.0, 7.1. Initially expected a bigger increase, but then again, there's a ton of dramas competing. 2 cable dramas, 3 public for mon-tue. I felt that the response (from article comments) was even better this episode, so hopefully word-of-mouth will spread and it won't be long before we break 10%. Though the crowned clown is also a sageuk, and in the latter stages of its run, so logically it has a big share of the ratings right now. 

On 2/12/2019 at 2:43 AM, spark101 said:

Ep 1 thoughts: To be honest, go ara's acting is the weakest link. To be clear, it doesn't detract from the drama as a whole imo, plus she's just surrounded by other people really, really good at their jobs(particularly the veterans like noh young hak). Also, we've seen relatively little of her thus far, so a conclusive judgement is premature. At any rate, ep 1 went above my expectations- I was engaged from beginning to end, without "drifting off"(losing focus during the drama- maybe this has happened to y'all before) at all. Maybe I've just missed historically based political sageuks, lol. Solid start; hope it gets even better. 

@spark101 totally agree with you. So far I really hook with this drama, looking forward for next week.

Gotta add, I love the costumes here. The quality and details are on point. That was my only gripe with crowned clown(which i also love and watch, btw)- there, the fabric and construction is nice looking but some details are a bit off, like the dragon pattern on the royal crest, and the lack of a second gilded band on the queen's skirt. It's a picky thing but I do love how they did the costumes here, though I've heard good things about the costume aspect of this director's past sageuks as well.  My favorite is the tiny little haechi(or haetae) figures on the shoulder pads of the saheonbu. 

Ratings: EP3-4::  6.4% | 6.9%

-----

haechi.png

Article: Naver 'Haechi' Go Ara X Kwon Yool, realizes Jung Il Woo's real identity, "The prince of this country" 

1. [+111,-3]
Park Moon Soo ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ When he realized who the Prince of Yeoning is, he collapsed. ㅋㅋㅋㅋ Adorable. His acting is one of a kind. 

2. [+96,-2]
The chemistry between Jung Il Woo and Kwon Yool is budding. I thought that the cast is fresh at first, but as expected, it's because they can act. 

3. [+49,-1]
Kwon Yool and Jung Il Woo have so many funny scenes together. 

4. [+44,-2]
I'm watching it now. "Why are you blowing into my ear?" Cute. 

5. [+22,-2]
Haechi's real-time ratings today are higher than yesterday's. I think Haechi is going to rank first among the other dramas, including tvN's and JTBC's. 

6. [+19,-0]
Going to watch Haechi on Mondays and Tuesdays. 

7. [+12,-0]
It's really fun. 

8. [+12,-1]
Honestly, this is going to hit 20% ratings... This is a hundred times better than a totally unrealistic drama which doesn't make sense. 

9. [+11,-1]
Ohhhhh I've fallen for this drama right at the beginning of it. Park Moon Soo's character is charismatic. 

haechi1.png
Article: Naver 'Haechi' Jung Il Woo-Go Ara confront each other to capture the 'murderer' Prince Mil Poong 

1. [+53,-2]
Haechi is getting more interesting. Moon Soo almost collapsing from shock when he realized Lee Geum is a prince was so funny. He's cute. 

2. [+31,-1]
Lee Pil Mo's voice matches sageuk so well~

3. [+26,-1]
I didn't had expectations when I started watching this, but the dramas airing on SBS are good. Haechi, The Last Empress, Fiery Priest. I'm going to keep watching SBS for now. 

4. [+23,-1]
I was worried that I won't have anything to watch on Mondays and Tuesdays. But Haechi is interesting. The colors are similar to the movies. The male actors' visuals are nice too. 

5. [+9,-0]
I wanted to watch Han Ji Min, but I didn't like the male lead. I wanted to watch Ju Ji Hoon, but didn't like the female lead. Then there is Haechi, which has no acting holes. 

6. [+6,-0]
Wow. I did the right thing watching Haechi. It's really interesting. 

7. [+6,-0]
Haechi is fixed on my Mondays and Tuesdays now. Go Ara's acting as a damo is good. She's cool. 

8. [+6,-1]
Alright, let's go for 15% ratings.. 

9. [+5,-0]
Kwon Yool's good at roles like this one too. As expected, actors have to be good at all kinds of acting. He's handsome too. 

cr

so far, so good!

the cinematography is really beautifull and the drama is well done.

since this is my first Go Ara's drama i really liked her. she's charismatic, her charc is interesting, competent and i do hope she gets more development.

i have to say that Kwon Yool charc. didnt get me. mb bc he's there to be the comic relief since this drama is very dark. so i thought sometimes he looked a little annoying. just my view, mb it'll chance.

something that i don't remember: did they mention the name of the women who  Yeongjo brings with him to Hanyang?

7 hours ago, mari_may said:

so far, so good!

the cinematography is really beautifull and the drama is well done.

:thumbsup: i agree

since this is my first Go Ara's drama i really liked her. she's charismatic, her charc is interesting, competent and i do hope she gets more development.

Unlike you i'm familiar with Go Ara and her work and i like her very much...no doubt she'll do great :)

Girl here is smart and fearless (and funny...that scene when she's looking down at her breasts wondering if they r to small was great :lol:)..well our our guy almost choked then :lol:...looking fwd to their future scenes 

i have to say that Kwon Yool charc. didnt get me. mb bc he's there to be the comic relief since this drama is very dark. so i thought sometimes he looked a little annoying. just my view, mb it'll chance.

In a way you r right...mostly in the beginning...but for me even more annoying was evil prince :rolleyes:...acting like spoiled brat...if he really wish to be the king can't he hold himself for a bit and not to be so obvious

something that i don't remember: did they mention the name of the women who  Yeongjo brings with him to Hanyang?

I think they didn't...

As for our 'low-birth' prince...i felt sorry for him...his life was hard...really glad his father finally said to him some right words..though i don't see him as a leader in palace, he's more like free spirit...but he could help other good prince 

11 hours ago, mari_may said:

I don't think they did, but in the character descriptions on the sbs site her name is cho-hong. 

zagigirl

thank you for the comments. it's nice that you already familiar with Go Ara. and yes, was very funny. i also like she's quick and already was very upfront with Yeongjo about his ID.

i bet wil we see more blood and bratty behaviour from Milpoong.

yes and ep 2 really let scary about his thoughts. plus i'm afraid that something bad will happen with the lady he came along.

finally, what i fnd compelling is Jung Il woo acting. it's balanced. he's sarcastic, petty, funny, lovely... not over the top. i say h=this bc i have issues with his char in "moon the embraces the sun".

anyway,  kudos to the writer and directing!

spark101

oh thank you. now i remember, if i'm no mistaken, it was you that posted about her character. :)

edit: i just read she's a musical theatre actress.

Archived