[Drama 2019] Haechi, 해치

0ly40

• Replies 794
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The pretty epic 19-person image on the homepage: 

WE16062820_ori.jpg

I'm so used to the cheopji hair style (low bun with the little ornament atop the head) in this era in dramas I forgot the big wigs weren't actually banned until during yeongjo's reign. I'm trying to Identify yeongjo's official wife and concubine(whom he had before he was even crown prince), but I can't figure it out... is it the rightmost two women with the lavender skirts? 

@spark101

"I'm trying to Identify yeongjo's official wife and concubine(whom he had before he was even crown prince), but I can't figure it out... is it the rightmost two women with the lavender skirts? "

According to the cast list at the website there is a few Royal Ladies

Queen Inwon

Seo ssi - Prince Yeoning's principal wife

Crown Princess - Crown Prince later Gyeongjong's wife

Queen Inwon of Gyeongju Kim clan - Sukjong 3rd Queen, played by Nam Ki Ae who played Cha Soo Hyun's mother in Encounter

Cast list only have Yeongjo or Prince Yeoninggun principal wife listed as Seo ssi played by Choi Su Im (최수임)

History lesson

Yeongjo's Queen Consort, Queen Jeongseong of Dalsung Seo clan, married Prince Yeoninggun at age 10 in 1703. 1721 when Gyeongjong ascended the throne, she was Crown Princess. In 1724, she was Queen Consort when Prince Yeoninggun ascended the throne as Yeongjo. She died in 1757 age 66 years

As for Royal Noble Consort Jeong of Hamseong Lee clan, mother of Crown Prince Hyojang is not mentioned in the cast list. She borne Prince Gyeonguigun (경의군, 敬義君) later Crown Prince Hyojang in 1719. She died in 1721

In the reign of Sukjong, one have to remember that Gyeongjong was Crown Prince & he is in the cast list played by Han Seung Hyeon (한승현)

Crown Princess (Crown Prince's wife) is in the cast list played by Song Ji Min (송지인) 

History lesson

Crown Princess married Crown Prince at age 14 in 1718, becomes Queen Seonui of Hamjong Eo clan when Gyeongjong ascended the throne in 1721. In 1724 during Yeongjo reign, she was Queen Dowager Gyeongsun. She died in 1730 age 26

@spark101

"They also list 초홍, who yeongjo/yi geum meets and brings her in(says so under seo-ssi's description- she gets mad that he did this). presumably she is the one concubine he had before being crown prince. "

I can only quote Yeongjo's Consorts that is listed in the Joseon annals

According to the Cho Hong (초홍) description, she is a Gisaeng that Yi Geum, Prince Yeoninggun later Yeongjo frequent in the brothel which is more his confidant & a person he can find solace & comfort

She is a fictional character

10 minutes ago, gerrytan8063 said:

@spark101

"They also list 초홍, who yeongjo/yi geum meets and brings her in(says so under seo-ssi's description- she gets mad that he did this). presumably she is the one concubine he had before being crown prince. "

I can only quote Yeongjo's Consorts that is listed in the Joseon annals

According to the Cho Hong (초홍) description, she is a Gisaeng that Yi Geum, Prince Yeoninggun later Yeongjo frequent in the brothel which is more his confidant & a person he can find solace & comfort

She is a fictional character

The details of her character are fictional for sure, but I was thinking the writer loosely based her on Consort Jeong of the Lee Clan- after all, she was his one concubine that he had before becoming heir to the throne. Of course, the actual 정빈 had already had three kids before dying at the age of 26/27, and cho-hong is listed as already being in her late 20s. Though on that note, while the character descriptions say that seo-ssi would be later queen jeongseong, it didn't say anything about cho-hong becoming jeong-bin later, so who knows how much the writer decided to change up the more minor real-life characters. 

Hello everyone~

I came here for Park Hoon hehe. And i watched the latest episode of Running Man to see more PH, and found out the 4 main cast are charming in their own ways. I've seen all of them in other dramas before. I hope Haechi is a success too!

Fighting Haechi!

I'm not much a saeguk fan, but my dad is. He likes history and the tactics in saeguks. I might promote this drama to him eventually hahaha :lol:

New stills. It's from their first meeting at the gisaeng house, where go ara's character is investigating Prince Milpoong. Looks like she's going undercover in the gisaeng clothes. Comical mole aside(just to make extra sure of the disguise, I guess, ha), she's really a stunning woman. 

201902060804223942957_20190206080323_01_

Source: https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=112&aid=0003127923

Just wanted to share a more closeup picure of the one I just posted: 

While she definitely doesn't suit this overly heavy makeup (but I think the disguise is supposed to be over-the-top on purpose, and a bit comical/clownish to contrast and almost emphasize the boyishness of her usual getup and demeanor), her eyes are just too stunning to ignore, wow. Just had to point this out, lol. 

interview/behind-the-scenes

Jung il woo says he and go ara have worked together before in a commercial. :) Didn't know that; looking forward to their chemistry. While this may not be a traditional sageuk in the strictly-following-history, KBS way, it's been a while since there's been a sageuk with actual historical figures and based on real events, so I really want this to be good!

Archived