[Drama 2019] Haechi, 해치

0ly40

Episode 11

Min Jin Heon in this episode is now Jwauijeong (좌의정,左議政, Second State Councillor or literally left State Councillor), commonly refer/address as Jwasang (좌상 左相), it is a officialdom that immediately below Prime Minster (영의정,領議政, Yeonguijeong)

Jwauijeong (좌의정,左議政, Second State Councillor or literally Left State Councillor) is an officialdom of Senior 1st rank (정1품,正一品). It looks like he had been promoted from Hanseongbu (한성부 漢城府, Capital Magistracy)'s Panyun ( 판윤 判尹, officialdom Senior 2nd rank 정2품 ,正二品)

The introduction of Historical figure Jo Tae Gu (조태구, 趙泰耉, 1660 - 1723, played by Son Byeong Ho) who came to the capital dress in a satgat headgear & was carrying a kitten, is the leader of Soron who went to discuss alliance with Min Jin Heon. Min Jin Heon address him by his pen-name Ha Guk (하곡, 霞谷). He is consider a moderate Soron

In the drama his officialdom is Uuijeong (우의정 右議政, Third State Councillor or literally Right State Councillor). General address is Usang (우상 右相). It is also an officialdom of Senior 1st rank (정1품,正一品).

Gyeongjong orders Yeongjo to participate in Giroyeon (Banquet to honour the Elders), where in that platform, he gave his great soapbox oratory on land tax that arouse public sentiment, voice their protest on Yi Geum deposition by surrendering their identity tag (Hopae, 호패,戶牌, 號牌)

The custom of respecting the elderly can be traced to the necessity of their abundant leadership, and such a spirit of respect continued from the royal courts of the Three Kingdoms to Goryeo and Joseon. In particular, the Joseon Dynasty strengthened the Giro system in order to stably maintain and develop a centralizing system based on Confucianism as a governing ideology, and King Taejo instituted it as a part of a policy of respecting and serving one’s parents.

Giroso (기로소, 耆老所, Office of Elders) refers to a social bureau for civil ministers at the senior officialdom of 2nd court rank & of 70 or more years of age consulting the King and participating in important national affairs to help the King. When senior officials over 70 years entered Giroso, the King granted them jingwejang (궤장 進几杖) that comprise of a leaning chairs known as "anseok" - 案席, & a cane known as "gwejang" -  궤장,几杖 ) and held a feast, which is referred to as Giroyeon. Giroyeon was held in spring on March 3 of the lunar calendar and on Jungyangjeol (the ninth day of the ninth lunar month).

In this drama, Gyeongjong is seen as a fair ruler with conscience. One must remember that he was investiture as Crown Prince at the age of 2 years old in 1690 & received his statecraft education since then & was indeed groom to be King. In history Sukjong never wanted to deposed Gyeongjong as Crown Prince even the aftermath of his mother. Sukjong just want to safeguard his lineage with Yeongjo to succeed his childless brother

• Replies 794
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, oceluna said:
After 11 eps, I find that PD's arrangement is so interesting:
- When YN is at the court with JS at the first time to accused Prince MP, YJ and MS catch the witness as YN orders.
- When YN faces with his father and brother death, YJ and MS are crying for JS death.
- While YN is fighting with assasins, YJ has to fight with the dumb old man.
- When YN is at the court again for himself, YJ and MS are at the new courtesan house and face with Prince MP.
- And when YN is arrested, MS is protecting the commoners from Saheonbu soldiers.

Haven't watched ep. 11 yet but I agree with you about the director. I was meaning to mention it as well but keeps forgetting..lol. I think the director likes to put two certain scenes side by side to keep the intense in those ending scenes. I thought I was the one who actually noticed that :D

I might agree with @bebebisous33 that a kiss might happen tonight (hope Moon Soo being there isn't just another hint it won't). As oblivious as she is, YJ needs to experience it firsthand so that she will realize it herself that she is a woman and being a court lady isn't just as simply as she thinks it is (I don't even know what a court lady means to her^^). Because in the preview, A-Bong's voice (I think) said, "If a man 'does" that to a woman, it means one thing". We need the romance to be moving as well esp. on JY's part and her self-awareness of the matter is the first step. Now that we won't be seeing her for 3 eps, the writer needs to do some major twist to fill her absence.

@hahanzyy Yes! We all know she ain't a good cook :tounge_xd:. Someone needs to tell her that.

Happy to see this thread is moving along.... 23 pages.... happy to know that what i playfully predict that YJ will enter palace just to be with YN seemed to be happening...

I'm sure they are gonna make Noron capture YJ hence that will make it easier for YJ to be absent for at least 3 episodes and make YN frantic to find her. How else to be missing for 3 long episodes? :D

Haechi1920-00186-1.jpg

Soron historical figure Jo Hyeon Myeong (조현명,趙顯命, 1690 - 1752) express his willingness to enter Sigangwon (시강원, 侍講院, in full known as Seja Si Gang Won 세자시강원 世子侍講院, Crown Prince Tutorial Office). It is a fully function administration institution which staff officialdom from 1st rank to 7th rank.

He most probably will be holding the designation of Director (사, 師).

At the moment, there are vacancy aplenty in this office

4 hours ago, oceluna said:

So touching episode. I really love it. Sometimes I smile, sometimes I cry. I like the way they build our characters here, especially the three mains. Besides the close link between them, their common ideal and the same path they share, they have their own fights. After 11 eps, I find that PD's arrangement is so interesting:
- When YN is at the court with JS at the first time to accused Prince MP, YJ and MS catch the witness as YN orders.
- When YN faces with his father and brother death, YJ and MS are crying for JS death.
- While YN is fighting with assasins, YJ has to fight with the dumb old man.
- When YN is at the court again for himself, YJ and MS are at the new courtesan house and face with Prince MP.
- And when YN is arrested, MS is protecting the commoners from Saheonbu soldiers.

In this ep, the scene I like most is the talk between YN and MS. Yeah, sometimes in life, you feel like you're so small and can not do what you intend to from the start. 

The kiss, uhm, I don't think it's romantic although it's not a how-a-court-lady-be lesson neither. In this scene, our YJ is still clueless and naive, and I don't know, but YN looks so sad. From now on, their relationship will be different. Perhaps, they really know that their feeling will not lead them to happiness. OK, I'm ready for that. But I hope they will be brave enough to love each other no matter what awaits them ahead. And I really like the line YJ says. "I will protect you no matter what". It's so touching. And I think YN heart can feel it.

@oceluna  "I will protect you no matter what"?  That sounds ominous.  From the looks of it, Yeo Ji might ultimately show her love for Yeoning by giving her life to protect him.  Being the way she is, a woman who's not very used to expressing herself like a woman yet having the heart of one, that would fit right in with her personality.  

I think I have to get myself ready for the ultimate heartbreak when this drama ends.  :unsure:

In the meantime, sharing this video that I saw on YT.  No english subs though.  

@lightbringer06 are you talking about the kiss?  I'm not surprised. When I watched "Dong Yi",  i was often irritated and frustrated at how proper and formal Dong Yi and Sukjong acted towards each other when she became his consort. You would have expected them to act more affectionately by that time coz they were already married. 

I just hope the writer quits with the longing gazes and flustered Yeoning act. He's married and if you look at historical records,  by this time he already had three children. He was in no way a "blushing,  shy virgin" despite what Cho Hong thinks. 

Never been addicted to saeguk drama in a while. And Haechi bring me here now!! Wohoo.. Interesting stories afterall!! The histories, politics, friendship, really mix well! Oh also dont forget about the romance..But yes, i do think writernim need to improve yeoji's side on this romance part. Cause too many dragging might became really bored to watch.. though it will be a sink ship for yeoning n yeoji, but i hope they really could show some deep feeling love towards each other...

I wish more people watched this drama.  There seems to be very few discussions and very little mention about it online.  And to think it's based on one of Joseon's greatest kings. And it has all the formulas for a hit drama.  I wonder what's the reason why. :P:huh:

There something off about that scene between our crown prince and yeo ji like the doki doki part is missing, i just felt nothing...

i don't know...that love of him is too rushed  and lately i began to hate the way he always crying

Please don't disapoint me mister Haechi there everything in that drama to be a great one!

And Crown prince just focus on politics! you don't need that teen love story right now!

@akhenaten i think one of the reason why it mention very little online is because sbs do not let the other easily share the contents. Sometimes they blocked it too, so its kinda hard to promote and let people see the clip scenes.. 

Hahahahahahaha.

Sorry but let me laugh till death, chingus. I can not utter a word after watching this ep with sub. I'm fine. I'm really fine. Oh our YJ. And that fool guy Ah Bong too. Hahaha. Poor our Crown Prince. Hahaha.

What's the true feeling of MS? I'm not sure. Maybe he's worried about YJ? He khows that this relationship will end in tears?

Im back.. Miss this thread so much..just read spoiler in here because I busy like crazy right now.. 

I just read about love.. Its ok.. Just put to smile audience.. In reality we also need love and shy to impress.. Or it just only me... Lol

Politics aside... I can never stand those aristocrats and the nobles.

Back to our YN and YJ..

*starts background music*

My heart..

My tears...

This clueless YJ...

This tender YN...

~enter MS~

Is he?

That look?

That questioning?

Oh my heart... :cry:

5 hours ago, Few said:

@akhenaten i think one of the reason why it mention very little online is because sbs do not let the other easily share the contents. Sometimes they blocked it too, so its kinda hard to promote and let people see the clip scenes.. 

This is kinda true. I can only view very few sbs drama clips on SBSdrama YT channel, the resy are blocked. I can watch clips on SBS now or SBS catch, but its not the actual drama clip, and usually edited. Huhuhu

I'm reading everybody's comments here, but my poor gadget wouldn't work to react. So I will post this as a reply for all of you here, chingus:

Thank you for your love for Haechi. Woooooooh!

Btw, Who have watched Yi San here? I heard the love story there is tragically great? Is that true? It's a drama written by Kim Yi Young aside from Dong Yi. Just for reference how is the romance was developed in there compared with Dong Yi and to Haechi. 

Ok.... 

So,

no one between YN and YJ would speak about their true feelings for each other? And YJ for once had the hint but A-Bong reversed it? You boy!>_<" Now PMS is showing us his concern for YJ. 

What's next to their relationships? One thing is certain: YG will be a king. Lol. 

I hope Haechi will attract more viewers. The whole drama is worth to watch and follow, despite the fact Ara would be having lesser screentime, as her fan I would still recommend Haechi, even though after watching Ms. Hammurabi I'm expecting her to take a role like that where she is the main focus of the story, but still, the role of Cheon Yeo-Ji is refreshing to watch on her. 

Next week again, chingus! Keep sharing your thoughts. Thankieeees! 

Archived