Director: Liu Xin

Broadcast Period: 7/31/2019

Cast:

Deng Lun

Ma Sichun

Ni Hongjie

Han Tongsheng

Synopsis:

Ten years ago, Hao Ze Yu (Deng Lun) thought he was on his way to stardom. His appearance on popular talent competition led to widespread adulation, but fame proved fleeting for him. A decade later, he has all but left behind his dreams of becoming a top-level celebrity.

But things change quickly when he meets a motley crew of supportive individuals who want to help him turn his career around.

The group comprises a taxi driver (Han Tong Sheng) and his daughter Fu Zi (Sandra Ma). Fu Zi is a bright spark but has long been criticized for being overweight. Their number is made up by Mei Li (Ni Hong Jie), a beautiful woman now entering middle age.

Fu Zi decides to become Hao Ze Yu’s agent, and the trio forms a support network for him – trying to propel him back to stardom.

But the path to fame will not be smooth, and things get complicated when romantic interests threaten to derail their quest – and put an end to their budding four-way friendship.

Will Hao Ze Yu get another shot at stardom? Or will love send him down another, very different path?

Cr Viki

Click here to watch on Viki

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

[spoiler ]enter your spoiler here without the spaces inside the brackets[ /spoiler]

Preview:

OSTs:

Additional Links:

Mr. Fighting 加油,你是最棒的 Viki Episodes

Deng Lun Official Soompi Thread

Mr. Fighting Weibo

Mr. Fighting Baidu

Click here to watch on Viki

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here. Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their ID/IDs reported to the mods. Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs (those without permission from the original subbers and doesn't have copyrights like Viki, Dramafever or Crunchyroll) will have their ID reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions. PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

For any Issues and Abuse
Please report to moderators @angelangie
 l  LavelyShai

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, angelangie said:

another trailer released on the lovelines between Fuzi (Sandra Ma) & Hao ZeYe(DengLun)

First of all, thanks for the trailer Angie! I'm looking forward to this drama -- missing Sandra on my screen! :D

Secondly, giggling as I watched the trailer, and the first background song is the same one used in My Best Summer's trailer!  (calling @epinklyn and @Lbpg). Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the song! It's just weird to hear it in the trailer of another drama :lol:

This is confirmed to air starting July 31st!!! I am so excited! Another Deng Lun drama to look forward too. Hope this gets picked up for subtitles quickly!! :)

I love it when DL sings one of the theme songs! :wub:

Two subbed episodes have been uploaded on YouTube... and I love it!

Since it's legal, there's no fear it will be taken down.. hurrah!

According to Huace, 2 episodes will be uploaded everyday at midnite, and 1 ep on Sat & Sun.

23 hours ago, angelangie said:

it had been a long times since we last see her in a long hair styles right?

just like it had been a long times since i cut my hair SHORT :D 

hahahaha

yes that is true, i want to see her in long hair again :) it makes her look younger/youthful with longer 'neat' hair lol

• sugarplum892 changed the title to [Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Mr. Fighting 加油,你是最棒的

I've been watching the drama up to the latest subbed ep and from my observation it's got warm reception from netizens. I love it: it's down to earth, realistic, Deng Lun and Ma Sichun -- as well as the actors who play Sandra's father and Auntie Niu -- deliver very natural performances, and they all show great chemistry with each other! A story about a struggling actor and his support system is normally adapted to big screen, so I'm curious how they are going to adapt it to 45 episodes. I hope the writing doesn't suck,  so there won't be too much fillers, although product placement is already rampant, hahahahh! 

Really liked the first three episodes. This is so much better than Go Go Squid. I struggled to finish a single episode of that drama.

Interestingly enough, I found dramas set in Beijing to be on average better than dramas set in Shanghai. Beijing dramas have somewhat real people facing somewhat real problems, whereas dramas in Shanghai are often just pretentious (Snail House was an exception).

3 hours ago, RSMasterfade said:

Really liked the first three episodes. This is so much better than Go Go Squid. I struggled to finish a single episode of that drama.

Interestingly enough, I found dramas set in Beijing to be on average better than dramas set in Shanghai. Beijing dramas have somewhat real people facing somewhat real problems, whereas dramas in Shanghai are often just pretentious (Snail House was an exception).

Right??? I'm quite surprised there's not much discussion about this series, which I found very lovable, with lovable & rootable characters as well! It does have a slice-of-life vibe, so some people may think it's a little slow. 

I was hyped when it was announced that MSC and DL were gonna be in a drama together and I’m so so so glad that it’s actually good lmao. And bless the Viki subbers because *cries in Love and Destiny*

The characters are so lovable (as someone else said) and the actors have great chemistry together, where their interactions all seem natural. Fu and Zeyu just click right away and their bickering/exchanges makes their relationship so much heartwarming and real. Even the relationships between Fu, Zeyu, Aunt Meili and the Father are fun to watch. Their undying support Zeyu MAKES ME SOFT.

Spoiler

The part after Fu got the part for Zeyu and she started crying after calling him, this was me after watching that scene tumblr_pkfbemvJmp1umj8af_250.gifbecause I FELT THAT

I found this BTS video, which showed how they built the set for the Fus' house. I've also seen another video showing them constructing the neighborhood, but I couldn't find it in my YT history. Will post it here when I find it. Their attention to details is amazing. I thought they actually shot in a Beijing neighborhood!

And also, apparently even this scene was also taken with a green screen??? If I hadn't seen this video, I could've sworn a real running taxi was filmed!

• 3 months later...
On 8/5/2019 at 11:22 PM, RSMasterfade said:

Loved the series, but it was a hard watch (hard on my heart)

Oh I tried to watch GGS for Yang Zi & dropped it eventually.   The biggest problem for me was the relationship b/t an 18/19 y/o & a 30 y/o :crazy: and her whole life revolved around him gah, so icky.    

• sugarplum892 changed the title to [Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Mr. Fighting 加油,你是最棒的

Archived