Quantcast
LyraYoo

[Drama 2019] The Fiery Priest, 열혈사제 - "WE WILL BE BACK !"

• Like 2
  • Love 3

The Pope scene, they played the Gabriel's Oboe from the Mission theme song

Then later the song was sung with lyrics known as Nella Fantasia by Sarah Brightman & the song was popular in Korea, those who can remember the the variety show - Qualification of Men

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1

I am going to miss Prosecutor Park and her 'Stress' and 'Fresh air' comments...

• Like 4
  • LOL 4

giphy.gif

It's over??

I'll catch up the thread later then! 

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

They kinda tease Honey and Nam Gil together lol. 

Spoiler

Honey stood so close to Nam Gil. Practically her jaw is on Nam Gil’s shoulder lol.

• Like 4
  • LOL 3

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, sushilicious said:

With Love. I was out of my mind that day. Decided to change up the music and make a PSA out of it lolllllll

Please watch what you eat people...Before you poop roses okay?

Gal , you have a bright future in film making . You need to make more of this . 

@Ameera AliThis scene was daebak . Haha can’t believe they faked the congressman’s death , smart move . Even the nurse was in cahoots with them  . Lol! 

Edited by triplem
  • Like 2
  • LOL 7

You know that hoodie men at the hospital, when I first watched it, I already felt that the police wasn't even hit properly and they went down on the ground. I had wanted to comment on it because I thought it was just bad acting, bad directing... Turned out that it was indeed purely an act.... LOL.....

16 minutes ago, triplem said:

Thanks with much love to @ktcjdrama one my favourite recappers here on Soompi for doing the recaps for us week in week out . I wait in great anticipation for them each weekend 

You're most welcome chingu :kiss_wink: I enjoy watching dramas with you. Pray that my vocabs can keep improving so that the recaps can be more accurate! :P 

• Like 2
  • LOL 5

2 minutes ago, triplem said:

Gal , you have a bright future in film making . You need to make more of this . 

Lolll..if time ommits :) Probably will do one for FP one day!

• Like 4
  • Love 1

The cast seems to have a blast shooting. And they do seem to bond well. I'm all for happy cast and crew both in front and behind the cameras. Pretty sure everyone is in if they are offered to join FP 2.0. Heh

I was late joining the fun. @ktcjdrama invited me earlier but I was reeling over TLE and got myself tangled in a Shin Sung Rok spider web. I binged his old dramas and ran out of stock lol. So I decided to watch FP, and the decision was also supported by FP's high ratings. And it was a hoot! It made me laugh a lot. Except ep 37-38. Those eps were so dark. 

Thank you everyone! It has been so much fun posting here. I miss live recapping, so I invited myself to live recap the final ep haha.

Thank you for making FP watching experience more fun. I'll linger in the thread. I usually do. :joy:

• Like 3
  • Love 3

• Like 4
  • Love 2

B7485197-8467-42-E5-8-CDF-BC0-FDB107-DB7

E2361-C3-A-2-FE1-4-F8-D-8-C11-DA78-E56-E

C8146-AD7-CF1-B-4-FE9-A5-F4-07-CD1428283

• Like 4
  • Love 4

11 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

@triplem @Lawyerh  @ktcjdrama ...we all need to buy this bread , it help hearing , now vision   :mrgreen:  

I will definitely try to find it in a Korean mini-mart!

I've actually eaten something like that, cut in half to show off the filling, but in an artisan bakery. I'm guessing it's not the same kind, which is why there is no effect on my hearing nor vision :P

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

Ain’t that a accurate depiction lolll

Spoiler

3523-F9-AB-8682-4974-9-A57-9479-D1809-C3

4-F37-C1-D6-717-E-4-AF9-A37-E-ECCFF497-D

Spoiler

E8-DB7-E5-F-FA04-408-C-B91-B-B4839-D617-

00324852-E6-B6-456-B-A82-C-D121-D2664886

All I uploaded here is from Weibo. :) 

• Like 3
  • LOL 4

1 minute ago, ktcjdrama said:

I will definitely try to find it in a Korean mini-mart!

I've actually eaten something like that, cut in half to show the filling, but in an artisan bakery. I'm guessing it's not the same kind, which is why there is no effect on my hearing nor vision :P

I’m not sure if I understood it correctly, but I think when YH got hit while protecting Prosecutor Park, it suddenly triggered something in him and that’s how he found the planet? Not very sure about this though. A lot of guesswork just looking at the sequence of the scenes. :lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

This drama really gave emphasis on each of character's desperation. Everyone of them is either hungry of justice, fame, power, acceptance in the society,respect, ambition, money. I mentioned earlier how the writer had made the characters eat almost in each scene as if this is a mukbang show.

On 2/17/2019 at 11:36 PM, LyraYoo said:

I am on mobile so I can not screencap the scenes but did anyone notice how everyone surrounding Hae Il are always.. craving for food? 

- Kyung Sun in episode 1 when she said “I am hungry”

- Detective Koo watching the adjumma cooking pancakes (extending to the police station where everyone is always, eating food)

- Thug CEO Jung Bum who ate after beating the land owner

- church fellows ‘ dinner scene (which is ironic because Hae Il is full but he has to eat)

the most prominent, the poor bread teenage boy who got yelled during homily :D 

And our Monsignor Lee who provides food to Hae Il when he even presented to cook food for Hae Il’s return . Same goes when he went to Hae Il’s room and gave him food to pair with soju.

That scene reminds me of the Parable of the Prodigal Son.

It is like an underlying representation on how people of Gudam are morally and spiritually lacking. This also speaks about the Christian value of “eating your Daily Bread”. Given the writer is explicit to represent Hae Il as being orthodox about the canon law, he again represented /food/ as another symbol for “malnourished society”

Reveal hidden contents

But then , like Father Lee, he accepts people who need refuge in the Church. He gives food and even cooks for them. (Haeil for one) , that became a legacy beginning to Detective Goo's changing ways. (remember that epic egg scene?) ; to Kyung Sun 's correction of moral compass (she always want to have her share until the time when she offers food too , reference episode 18) ; to Song Sak and Yohan extended friendship with Bobby;

And to Haeil's first take home mandu to Father Han and Sister Kim. 

This scene culminates what Father Lee was preaching to Haeil, giving comfort, warm and love to those who seek for it. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 3