Quantcast
LyraYoo

[Drama 2019] The Fiery Priest, 열혈사제 - "WE WILL BE BACK !"

Posted (edited)

Thanks @ktcjdrama for the recaps . 

@sushilicious looking forward too , waiting for subs .

@nidcha202 This scene was  hilarious ..Park was jealous :D . And I would be like Seo , feeling all giggly if Father Kim stood in front of me . Lol , why must he be a priest @Ameera Ali 

But based on what I read & the ig cuts , Father Kim is really getting to them . He’s able to corner the Mayoress here 

Spoiler

Some comic relief tongue  twisters ..:joy:

But the fact that the bad guys are doing everything they can , going all out to get Father kim , shows that the latter is making some inroads to revealing the truth. It is still a  Long journey ahead of course , and this final scene here seeing the previously invincible Father Kim being hit so hard , is painful to watch . 

(The action scenes here make me worry for KNG, I hope he takes proper precaution)

Edited by triplem
  • Like 6
  • Love 2

I just hope that something will spark in Kim after that terrible beating and start destroying those bad guys. I feel like in order to beat them, Kim have to be on the same level as them. Based on what I’m seeing....Kim could shake them to their knees yes, but I don’t think he could beat them just like this...he needs to get into political stuff to win...his bare fist can’t win this war without it....

• Like 8
  • Love 1

11 minutes ago, triplem said:

But the fact that the bad guys are doing everything they can , going all out to get Father kim , shows that the latter is making some inroads to revealing the truth. It is still a  Long journey ahead of course , and this final scene here seeing the previously invincible Father Kim being hit so hard , is painful to watch . 

(The action scenes here make me worry for KNG, I hope he takes proper precaution)

Yes, I love that we have the little victories... even though he was set back again. It's still a long way considering this is a 20-hour long drama... I still expect Hwang to turn his back on the Foursome btw...

I really love to see the action scenes but that last part got me cringing in pain, I kept thinking about KNG's physical condition... Is this where KNG got his ribs hurt? Do you remember at which point of shooting was he hospitalized? If this is the shooting after his recovery, then it's not good either, for him to be hit by the rod (I know it's just acting, but still.....) :confounded:

• Like 2
  • Love 5

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, sushilicious said:

I just hope that something will spark in Kim after that terrible beating and start destroying those bad guys. I feel like in order to beat them, Kim have to be on the same level as them. Based on what I’m seeing....Kim could shake them to their knees yes, but I don’t think he could beat them just like this...he needs to get into political stuff to win...his bare fist can’t win this war without it....

You’re right. So far Kim has been emotional & reactive . He was of course initially clueless that the entire justice system in Gudam is non-existent. However now he’s well aware  So he really does need to be a lot more strategic in his thinking . I think the press con scene tonight is a good start .  He needs to use the press & social media to his advantage- gain the support of the masses & the average person to put pressure on the federal government to step in .

Edited by triplem
  • Like 6
  • Love 2

2 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Hwang to turn his back on the Foursome btw...

Oh yes, me too.Somehow I felt that while hwang is embezzling those money for them, he might have given an inaccurate amount. And just take some for himself. Who knows? I mean, he is a gangster afterall...

Do you think Kim would fight dirty? Like how those political figures are doing? Fight fire with Fire..

• Like 7
  • Love 1

I have been wondering how he can get out of the fight, but now I remembered his bandaged arm. I thought I heard a loud clang when it was hit by Hwang's rod. I think he might have stashed some weapon under the bandages..... hmmm :ph34r:

3 minutes ago, sushilicious said:

Do you think Kim would fight dirty? Like how those political figures are doing? Fight fire with Fire..

I don't think so... He will use his wits, but I'm sure he won't stoop to their level of dirty.

• Like 5
  • Love 2

4 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

still expect Hwang to turn his back on the Foursome btw...

That’s a good point you make there . He’s still their running dog & they hold the leash.

Did you watch Lawless Lawyer? 

Spoiler

His character reminds me very much of Choi Min Soo’s character in Lawless lawyer . He played this head honcho & gangster who was the running dog for the corrupted Chief Prosecutor & he too turned his back on her when he knew she had no qualms sacrificing him to save herself & advance her own goals 

• Like 5
  • Love 2

4 minutes ago, triplem said:

Did you watch Lawless Lawyer? 

No I haven't actually... time did not permit then, although I am a fan of LJG and the law/crime genre.

But just like you mentioned, we're also seeing Hwang being belittled even more and more, usually by Park's boss, today by the Congressman as well, and especially his relationship with Jung is starting to crack now.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

Just worried on how long will kim last emotionally and mentally with all this fight going on..

At the same time something must change the detective as well. I can see that at the end of the drama, he won't be that...useless..weak guy anymore. I think he must step away from the past and of his colleagues death in order for him to be strong and fearless of huang. Let's hope for that.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

So, they are putting KyungSun as the antagonist? And the police girl as the quasi romantic complement? :neutral:

Also, I loved how KS fought, she's a tough cookie (or should I say tough baozi?) :mrgreen:

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

“The Fiery Priest” Ratings Peak As Honey Lee And Kim Nam Gil Face Off In Hilarious Fight

by E. Cha
060fd2274027482eb1b9262cc2a901ab.jpeg?s=

The Fiery Priest” continues to entertain its viewers with the hilarious chemistry between its eccentric leads!

According to Nielsen Korea, the latest broadcast of the SBS drama maintained its strong viewership ratings, scoring a nationwide average of 15.4 percent during its first half and 17.5 percent during its second. “The Fiery Priest” performed even better in the Seoul metropolitan area, where it scored average viewership ratings of 17.4 percent and 19.5 percent for its two parts.

The drama also continued to perform well with the key demographic of viewers ages 20 to 49, scoring average ratings of 5.8 percent and 7.8 percent for the night.

more

https://www.soompi.com/article/1310730wpp/the-fiery-priest-ratings-peak-as-honey-lee-and-kim-nam-gil-face-off-in-hilarious-fight

The Fiery Priest: Episodes 11-12

by LollyPip

Priest1112-00047.jpg

The priest with fists of steel finds an unexpected ally in his fight to avenge his mentor and bring the killers to justice. Unfortunately, their enemies are soon onto them, and it doesn’t help that his so-called partner deliberately blocks him at every turn. A new threat rears its ugly head, and to an angry but devout priest, this one gets a little personal.

http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/03/the-fiery-priest-episodes-11-12/

• Like 6
  • Love 3

2 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

The door of heaven open Soon for us :blush: 

You sure we’re not headed for hell for ogling at God’s servant? :naughty:

Lip biting action summore ...:P

• Like 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1

Live-caps...

After Hwang deliver the last blow, he kicked Kim to the ground, and a few more kicks. Kim was lying on the ground, but started laughing, Hwang picked up the baseball bat and saying that he will send Kim to Father Lee, then there is sound of siren, some paramedics coming in with nets, saying they received some report about victims at the warehouse. They looked confused. Hwang just hid the baseball bat behind his back and walked out nonchalantly. Turned out that it was Gu, who was hiding outside.

Park and her boss having drink, as in preview.

Kim is waking up in hospital, YH and SS staring down at him and startled him. They assured him that they're okay. Kim apologized to them. They told him they will leave first. Gu was there too and told them to go home. As they walked out, YH expressed his happiness to SS, but SS got rather upset, I think about YH talking back to Bobby (what I will call the bobbed hair guy),  YH got upset and left SS.

Park at her home, thinking back to her convo with boss earlier. I think he's asking her to come back, but she looked hesitant. She took her phone, I didn't catch the name, but it seems like she wants to call Kim to find out his condition. She didn't though.

At hospital, Gu is feeding Kim. Kim wondered what's got into him. They had more talk, Gu looked a bit reflective. Kim wanted to see the little girl, so they both went to see her. She is off the pipes now.

Seo at her desk, working happily, as she flashback to Kim trusting her with ledger. She is going through it and found something in it related to Father Lee.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

Sister Kim and Father Han at the hospital visiting Kim. She is scolding him so much that he looked sideways, while Gu is eating at the next bed like nothing happened. They scolded Gu also, but Kim told them that it's because of Gu that he's saved. So they thanked him. Bobby then came bearing fruit basket from Hwang. Sister was angry and kept asking them to leave. They finally left when Kim was about to get up from his bed to hit them. Kim thought of someway to take revenge, which is the scratches on Hwang's car.

Chief Kang is talking to Jung, I think about bringing down Congressman Park and Chief Nam.

Kim is back at the church, they received a guest from the archdiocese. It's something in relation to Kim's behavior. All thanks to Park. Kim accepted it, but turned his head sideways and started cursing Park silently without anyone seeing, lol.

Park is given some documents by Chief Kang, it's about Congressman Park and Chief Nam.

Hwang is meeting with Jung. He was told a little bit about some plans to be carried out by Kang's subordinate, but he asked if she is now keeping things from him. He walked out and talked about some stuff with his assistant.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4