Quantcast
LyraYoo

[Drama 2019] The Fiery Priest, 열혈사제 - "WE WILL BE BACK !"

I can understand how some people feel it's slow but I agree with what someone said earlier. The showing the flaws and the obstacles before people like Gu and the lawyer come good. Things are coming together nicely. 

• Like 5

Poor citizens ...to have the leaders like that no wonder the men  lost their b...s and the poor women are trying to fight any which way they can to survive .   A bit depressing episodes this week . :weary:

• Like 5

Funny that the knets reaction on episode 9-10 is not quite linear with the ratings that hit almost 20% in Seoul. 

I understand the frustration of some stating that the show got slower but i think so far the flow is still fine. The writer need to break down the characters specially Detective Koo who had revealed in 10th episode why he acted that way . The lost of his partner brought him to behave lesser concerned with how justice works in Gudam. Also Kyung Sun. I still don’t know what makes her stick to corruption and power. What motivated her? 

The drunk Haeil is another side of him that we don’t know. Just how vurnerable he was when he went beyond his limit. His state of happiness is quite sad to watch. 

• Like 11

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

Is it possible to resume filming next week with a fractured rib? I’d rather he not push himself . This sort of injury needs time to heal & I really hope he does not do anymore fight scenes for this drama . Just use a double . 

Anyway according to this site , the broken ribs was already there when he hurt his wrist . Seems he didn’t realise it 

https://dramacurrent.com/2019/03/02/kim-nam-gil-hurt-what-will-happen-fiery-priest/

Spoiler

Earlier this week (February 26) Kim Nam Gil’s agency C-JeS Entertainment announced that Kim Nam Gil was hurt while working on a group action scene for “The Fiery Priest.” At the time, the doctors believed he only injured his wrist & fingers, so he was released quickly and returned to set. 

However, today Kim Nam Gil discovered that he was also in pain in his side. The drama team again rushed him to the ER where the doctors discovered he had fractured his rib also. 

Everyone has been very concerned for Kim Nam Gil, but the production team has promised that they will make the actor’s healing a sincere priority. Filming was paused yesterday while he visited the hospital and won’t start again for the next two days while he takes time to recover.

What Will Happen to “The Fiery Priest?”

So what does this mean for “The Fiery Priest?” As of right now, the production team does not expect that the delayed schedule or Kim Nam Gil’s recovery will interfere with the drama’s airing schedule. Everything should continue as normal. However, they have cautiously added that there could be delays in the future depending on how Kim Nam Gil heals.

Our Thoughts:

Poor Kim Nam Gil! Rib fractures can be very painful, even making it hurt to breathe. [WebMD] We’re so grateful that he gives his all when he acts, but we also want him to be careful not to hurt himself!

It is a relief that this production team is trying to do its best to protect Kim Nam Gil. Many times in the past we’ve seen actors rushed to return to set before they were well. We hope this time they will give him the rest he needs to recover. Honestly, two days doesn’t seem like enough time to us, but maybe if they bring in stunt doubles to handle the action scenes he could still recover and film. Here’s hoping. As viewers, we love our dramas, but our actors’ health is the priority above all else.

• Like 11

@triplem following his career for ten years now and i say this again—

Spoiler

He is simply stubborn sometimes he will push himself to the extreme. That is why Lee Honey even got goosebumps watching him act because he does method acting + total immersion of the character at the same time. 

He admit it himself that he will take the character as if it is him entirely to the point he will got depressed about it (mentioned this in particular in Goodbye Solo when his character has unrequitted love) . 

He refused to be called Bidam anymore because it stuck to him.

I honestly got skeptical when i saw his stunt in episode 11 during the first teasers because I wish it was not him who did that and surprisingly he did when in fact he already had a rib injury in 2014 ! Sigh.

I was laughing and in tears at the same time when I sAw this. The pun. I hope PD learned his lesson not to let KNG himself do the stunts . I really don’t mind a double. Even high profile stars do it. 

• Like 6
  • LOL 7

~Father Bear says UKKKHHAAA~ Deepest voice possible 

Rolls on the ground laughing.

Feel bad for Dae Young...Maybe because he lost his partner he ended up becoming a weakling... :( 

Hae Il and Dae Young. They are so funny :joy:

• Like 8
  • LOL 1

To be fair, I'm frustrated that the baddies are getting the upper hand and nothing seems to be going Father Kim's way.

And the police all being blind to what they have swear to and not upholding justice?

It irked me badly and I do feel like Father Kim.

The urge to smash anything that I see.

• Like 4
  • LOL 4

Posted (edited)

We’re not the only one feeling frustrated for Father Kim. So are the domestic audience . Perhaps that’s the aim / intention of the writer , so that when the good side starts wining , victory will be sweeter :sweat_smile:

K nets comments credit to

https://melohwa.blogspot.com/2019/03/the-fiery-priest-eps-11-12-spoilers-kim.html?m=1

[The Fiery Priest] Eps 11 & 12 spoilers, Kim Nam Gil x Lee Honey

fiery%2Bpriest.png

Article: Naver 'The Fiery Priest' Lee Honey to Kim Nam Gil who gave her advice, "You should do well yourself" 

1. [+1374,-67]
Wow, the story is the worst these days. Nothing is developing. It's all because of Kim Nam Gil's face, Kim Nam Gil's height, Kim Nam Gil's acting, Kim Nam Gil's voice, Kim Nam Gil's eyes, etc. It's all because of Kim Nam Gil that the ratings are high. A drama that Kim Nam Gil saved on his own. 

2. [+721,-9]
I heard that Hae Il got injured the third time. I hope he takes care of his health~ I hope he finishes the filming safely and have a quick recovery. 

3. [+632,-18]
The development is too slow. How frustrating. I hope they begin their investigations officially next week. 

4. [+406,-20]
Today's episode was interesting. ㅋㅋㅋㅋ Ah, I really like the sister. 

5. [+251,-5]
The sister was refreshing today. Jjang. 

6. [+137,-7]
I'm watching this for Kim Nam Gil, but it's boring and there's no story. 

7. [+121,-1]
The endings and previews are always baiting viewers, but whenever the next episode comes, it's just some boring content... The endings are all similar, aren't they.. 

8. [+111,-2]
I hope Kim Nam Gil appears in Kim Eun Sook's next drama. He is good at acting, it would be daebak as long as he gets a good story. Of course, he does shine in this drama too. 

9. [+103,-1]
I like everything, but the development is too slow and meaningless.. Those damn detectives are cancerous. And they kept getting bullied... Ha... I like the gags, but please give us something refreshing now. 

——————

Still gets good buzz

Edited by triplem
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

New behind the scene 

Kim Nam Gil really did the stunts .

• Like 8

Kim Nam Gil Resumes Filming For “The Fiery Priest” Despite Injuries

by E. Cha
197fc19fb8e14013b55eebad3cdf70d2.jpeg?s=

In spite of his multiple injuries, actor Kim Nam Gil has decided to resume filming his drama “The Fiery Priest.”

Last week, filming for SBS’s “The Fiery Priest” was put on hold after star Kim Nam Gil suffered a rib fracture while shooting a group action scene for the drama. The actor had previously also suffered injuries to his fingers and wrists during filming. Due to Kim Nam Gil’s hospitalization, filming was cancelled for two days, though the drama’s broadcast schedule was not affected.

On March 7, Kim Nam Gil’s agency C-JeS Entertainment announced that the actor had personally decided to return to filming earlier than required, in order to prevent any changes to the drama’s broadcast schedule.

A representative of the agency explained, “Kim Nam Gil participated in this morning’s shoot for ‘The Fiery Priest.’ Although SBS postponed Kim Nam Gil’s shoot until this weekend out of consideration for the actor’s safety, the actor was determined to prevent a hiatus, so he left the hospital yesterday and returned [to filming].”

C-JeS Entertainment added, “[Kim Nam Gil] will continue to receive treatment at a hospital while filming [for the drama], so that he can make a complete recovery. The support shown by many people has been a huge source of strength. We will do our utmost to prevent another such accident in the future.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1308447wpp/kim-nam-gil-resumes-filming-for-the-fiery-priest-despite-injury

• Like 8
  • Sad 2

Urgghh @LyraYoo ...you’re right about the stubborn part . I’m certain his injury is  barely healed & he will need tones of painkillers to resume . He really should not push himself at the expense of Long term health repercussions. 

• Like 9

Hi Chingus... Love to see familiar IDs.

Hope KNG is ok now. As a professional actor, he didnot want to delay everyone. But I dont want him to rely on painkiller so much. Not good for his body. 

This man is stubborn, he will go the extreme to perfect his act. Hope he know when to stop and listen his body.

I think there will some changes for his parts.

Cant wait for tomorrow episode.:)

• Like 8

Upcoming tonight, the kimchi slap gals :lol:

Spoiler

D1GJYtQVAAAGtRq.jpg

• Like 1
  • LOL 8

I love Songssak & Yo Han's scenes, they are so good w/each other and their friendship it's so cute, sincere and about those small things/gestures... their scenes feels like a cut of warm tea just when you need it.  :blush:

• Like 4
  • Love 1

I'm not surprised that he will come back again. I believe he is a real stubborn person. I would like to guess that about 70% he has in the stubbornness Like the priest Kim LOL !!!:joy:

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • LOL 5