[Drama 2019] The Fiery Priest, 열혈사제 - "WE WILL BE BACK !"

Admin

The thought had occurred to me that it would be funny if SS had been a champion muay thai fighter. :P

And, here's my wacky interpretation of Kim sitting higher than everyone.  In his capacity as a priest standing at the pulpit, he's accustomed to overlooking the flock/congregation seated below him.  Therefore, in his capacity as leader of the fight against the bad guys, which is not being very priestly, he no longer can stand above  the team.  Instead he is midway between  being a priest and the rest of the team. Half-priest and half-special opts agent. :blink:

• Like 4
  • LOL 5
  • Insightful 1

I love the competition that going between these two :joy:

Father kim thought : :mrgreen:

15538912191553891211.gif

.. let me get out my glasses  , I need to play cool :sweat_smile:

15538919151553891895.gif

.. what the hell ! why is she copying me ,  let me flip my coat :smirk:

15538915851553891571.gif

... OMG she is over the top , can’t compete :mrgreen:

• Like 2
  • LOL 10

2 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

I love the competition that going between these two :joy:

I had great laughs in this episode... these two are so funny. When they left the police station too... Kim was supposed to be Hope, I think. I haven't watched with subs. 

@triplem about SS, I remembered he said children though... whatever... admiration of oppas are allowed globally ;) 

@Ameera Ali Father Kim was more concerned about saving the statue out of that rotten club than fighting the men :lol: I thought it was great that sometimes the drama still show us little things to remind us of that he is a priest. Him praying because they stole the super expensive wine bottle, him asking Park to thank God instead of him saving her life. Then this statue rescue... 

• Like 7
  • LOL 2

I just finished watching with subs.... :D I am all psyched up for tonight's episode...

"The Birth of the Avengers"

Even Father Han is going to join in the operation, woohoo....!!

This is what I've been waiting for

oHI9nU6.gif

• Like 9
  • Love 1

On 3/24/2019 at 3:50 PM, triplem said:

I don't think it's Hwang. The assassin works for a guy called Ivan (as per the name on the phone) , that's why he does not know who sends him .I suspect Ivan is the agent that sends these killers out and the one that deals with the clients . I have a feeling it's Kim Kang Yeung  ,whom I am guessing is  the Rising Moon boss that contracted Ivan to kill Park . He met with Park and her boss Kang , and he was unhappy with her  investigations into the club. Rising Moon club is the main cash cow that brings in the money for the entire gang because of sale of meth. I believe that lunch meeting was for him to find out who was digging - whether it was Kang's order or Park herself. 

So I am halfway watching last night's subbed episode and need to correct myself . I was right about Kim Kang Yeung being the one to call for Park's demise but I am wrong about him being the owner of the Rising Moon. He is a loyal customer and a druggie himself , and more importantly son of a chaebol group - Han Joo Trading. Two separate orders for assassinations were made on the night of Park's attack- one for Congressman ( this is by Hwang carrying out Kang's orders) and the other by KKY who was not happy with Park sticking her nose in some investigations linked to him/ his father. The assassins are both friends from the same the Diabol gang which had defected from Russian ahjussi's gang. Kim Kang Yeun and the idol that is lying in the hospital are all customers of Rising Moon. So people like them are the important revenue streams to the Savings Day gang who are the owners of Rising Moon. RM club is practically untouchable since the they have the law enforcers as owners.  

Father Kim is finally able to connect why there is so much interest in the orphanage / foundation. The meth money earned from RM Club needs to be properly channeled / laundered for it to see the light of day. 

Among the Savings Day gang, the most dangerous and manipulative one is Kang, something I had said much earlier. He is betraying everyone even curly hair lady, and he has the backing of Han Joo group in some ways . This means he has financial resources and business connections apart from being able to manipulate the law to his own advantage. Not forgetting he also has access to the NIS thanks to Kim's ex -boss.  

I found myself laughing so much - this drama has the ability to slip in some comedy even in the most dire of situations. And what do you know SS and YH are every where - the best part timers. I agree with @ktcjdrama that every character here is well written and developed . Even the infighting within the baddies has depth and is interesting. 

Edited by Guest

24 minutes ago, triplem said:

I agree with @ktcjdrama that every character here is well written and developed .

:PI don't remember ever saying this... but I too agree that all characters here are well written and developed. We're still waiting for Sister Kim to join in the action ;):D

The drama Chief Kim did not disappoint, and I believe our Fiery Priest Kim also will not disappoint.

A few more hours to go. In the mean time, here's our hero of the day.

Guardian Tiger of the King

gYkOscW.png

• Like 7
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

18 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:
30 minutes ago, triplem said:

I agree with @ktcjdrama that every character here is well written and developed .

:PI don't remember ever saying this... but I too agree that all characters here are well written and developed. We're still waiting for Sister Kim to join in the action ;):D

ahahaahha..was it not you ...okay someone mentioned this...I must have mixed up:joy:

Big love for SS - every eps different side characters have a chance to be the MVP. I am dying to know Sister Kim's secret background :D 

@triplem , @ktcjdrama , @sushilicious I watch it with sub I like father Kim is so resourceful & always thinking ahead  the idea of calling  Choco was a genius :joy:

15539349511553934945.gif

l agree that every characters is written beautifully , we can see how much they grow , and they change by time , especially  I am loving the confidence in these guys 

15538973381553897299.gif

• Like 5
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2

@Ameera Ali what do you think Father Han’s specialty is ? They made him wear a wig right ? Sis Kim was a former swindler/ gambler of sorts . Her slate of hand was a surprise to me ! 

@triplem sister Kim , sure she look like swindler , she had a personality for it , but father Han is a mystery he comes cross geek/educated guy so maybe he will turn to be a hacker:mrgreen: wouldn’t they need to access to the money :sweat_smile:

@sushilicious or miss park surprise about Choco & asking how many people inside him :joy:

• Like 2
  • LOL 6

Now our Kim Tsunami doesn’t have to fight and get hurt on his own again because there’s a group full of formidable fighters (detectives, prosecutor, swindler, muay thai champion, forever part-timer lol) ready to back him up!

So happy TFP reached a peak rating of 23.8%!!! Plus I just want to say that I feel like some of the issues covered in this drama are slightly similar to the currently-hot issue in South Korea (ya know which one I mean kkk)

• Like 8
  • Love 2

1 minute ago, ktcjdrama said:

One thing I am surprised is Hwang's comment to the Terrible Trio, or rather Kang, that killing people is not the way out. I wonder how he will turn out as we progress in the story.

Actually I wonder... did he really kill Father Lee or he was forced to clean up after those 4 greedy villains killed him.

• Like 9

Okay, it's starting... Let's get it!!! (it's supposed to be let's get them, but I am copying Phoenix Seon :P)

We backtrack a bit to Tiger SS taking down the thugs. He gave a bow with hands together in front. Police van came with Team Leader and his men. Gu and Seo very touched to see him. He apologized for being late.

Kim asked how SS know how to fight. He explained that he used to be the guard of the King back home (I think)... Seo started calling her Oppa like in preview. He said he will teach her. Gu and YH started calling him Oppa also. LOL...

Park is on the phone with Kang who is scolding her. She didn't back down and just firmly answered him. After she hang up, she still scolds him.

At the police station, the team reported back to Leader that all is booked because of drugs. Gu even brought in the son of Chairman, who is screaming and struggling. He accidentally hit Gu's face and that got Gu into a rage and he started scolding him while the team members smiled at the back. Kim came and started scolding him and hitting him as well. Park came and asked Gu to bring him into the room for interrogation. His lawyer came, and he has funny name combined with his title, which Park and Gu kept repeating to mock him. Park was fierce with Chaebol Son, she is not afraid of him. He got released though. but Gu and Park still cheered together happily.

Outside, Chief came out and kicked Team Leader for what he did. TL defended himself that if he didn't go, Gu and Seo will die at the scene. The other members were saying how terrible those guys were also, but Chief Nam still so mad. Kim said something, and Nam said something that gave away to Gu he knew more than necessary.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

20 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

One thing I am surprised is Hwang's comment to the Terrible Trio, or rather to Kang, that killing people is not the way out. I wonder how he will turn out as we progress in the story.

I see that evil group are divided, I am glad he ask for money now but I don’t understand wasn’t he planning something with woman , why everything changed now between them 

• Like 4