[Drama 2019] The Fiery Priest, 열혈사제 - "WE WILL BE BACK !"

Admin

1 hour ago, ktcjdrama said:

Drunken Kim microwaved the buns he bought from the convenience store, he served them to Han and Sister Kim. So funny here, because it's still piping hot and he kinda fed the buns into their mouth. Then he poured some sauce and spilled them all over. They both hurried him inside, promising they will eat the buns.

Priests frantically look funny:joy:

I watched it many times. He is a real funny person.:mrgreen:

2uyhy4.gif

2uyi9i.gif

2uyj8h.gif

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

Congratulated the ratings very well:heart:

image.png

https://twitter.com/NetizenDrama

The Fiery Priest” Achieves Its Highest Viewership Ratings Yet

Mar 2, 2019
by E. Cha

SBS’s new drama “The Fiery Priest” shows no signs of slowing down!

Viewership ratings for “The Fiery Priest” have been on the rise ever since the mystery-comedy’s premiere on February 15, and they soared to an all-time high with the drama’s latest episode. According to Nielsen Korea, the March 1 broadcast of “The Fiery Priest” scored average nationwide ratings of 14.0 percent during its first half and 17.2 percent during its second, with viewership peaking at an impressive 22.6 percent and setting a new personal record for the Friday-Saturday drama.

MBC’s variety show “The More You Eat with Don Spike” scored an average rating of 2.3 percent during the same time slot, while KBS 2TV’s “Music Shuffle Show: The Hit” scored average ratings of 2.2 percent and 2.3 percent for the night.

“The Fiery Priest” is an unconventional comedy about a hot-tempered Catholic priest and a bumbling detective who join forces to solve a murder. The next episode of the drama will air on March 2 at 10 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1307235wpp/the-fiery-priest-achieves-its-highest-viewership-ratings-yet

• Like 6
  • Love 2

Gosh, after watching with subs, my blood is just boiling hot with the police and prosecution office... These people totally manipulated the evidence to mess up the re-investigation by editing the CCTV footage. I can totally understand the rage of Kim when he pushed those cartridges off the table and destroyed the cardboard figures.

I still don't know what will make Park turn around, although I'm seeing signs that Gu might turn around soon. She totally understood she is doing wrong things and chose to do so. At least with Gu, we are sometimes shown some of his reluctance and inner conflict of doing things as instructed. He has no choice but threatened/blackmailed into doing so.

Can we have a slight hope that the Chief Prosecutor who called Park's boss be someone upright and not corrupted??

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

I guess we're still in the set up phase of this drama before Father Kim, Detective Gu, and Prosecutor Park join forces to be the team for good, but I have to say that the last few episodes have been depressing in terms of how crooked the system is when the police chief and the prosecutor general are both intent on lining their own pockets without regard to the society that they are supposed to serve and protect, and the people beneath them fall into line, including Detective Gu and Prosecutor Park. That is just so depressing that I can't find any humor in the broad comedy that this drama uses to alleviate some of the darkness of the subject matter.

I see how Detective Gu has been beaten down into accepting that he can't go against his superiors if his partner died for going against the established order. And, Prosecutor Park feels helpless because she doesn't have enough power yet to go against the status quo. I wonder if the suicide of the young Idol who was made to take the fall instead of the son of the influential family in the drug bust has changed something in Prosecutor Park about how cavalierly she was following orders to frame this or that person instead of charging the actual ones who commit crimes? Also, I hope that nothing happens to Detective Gu's newbie partner because she's zealous about stopping crime and pursuing justice. Then again, something further probably has to happen to shake Detective Gu out of his pessimistic determination to do nothing other than as ordered by his superiors and the loan shark.

I'm glad that Father Kim at least has the support of the younger priest when everyone else is so relentless about distracting him and getting him to quiet down. Btw, I'm also so done with the nun who is just disapproving of everything about Father Kim. And, actually, I guess Father Kim also has the support of the rookie detective in trying to get justice for Father Lee.

I trust this writer since I loved Chief Kim so much, but I suppose I'm just antsy for the Team of Righteousness to form up and tackle the bad guys.

In total agreement with everything you've written above. After watching this last episode, I'm beginning to lose interest in continuing the show unless they quickly put the trio together, by tonight's episode if possible, at least put two together first, the other one I guess I can still wait for it to happen next week.

I sure hope nothing happen to Seo as well, but now that you mentioned it, and seeing how Gu's previous partner was killed, I fear for her. Especially also because she isn't really mentioned in the cast line-up, meaning that her role will be minimal in the story... ?? I hope Father Kim can protect her from the baddies.

• Like 3

“The Fiery Priest” Filming Is Put On Hold As Kim Nam Gil Suffers Rib Injury While Filming Scene

by J. Lim
1ba6b351249f4967b994f6fb83475ecb.jpeg?s=

Kim Nam Gil has suffered another injury while filming for SBS’s Friday-Saturday drama “The Fiery Priest.”

On March 2, it was reported that the actor had suffered from a rib fracture while filming a scene for the drama. His agency C-JeS Entertainment confirmed the news and stated, “While filming a group action scene for an upcoming episode, Kim Nam Gil suffered a fracture in his ribs and is currently hospitalized. Filming for tomorrow has been canceled.”

They went on to explain, “The broadcasting company and medical staff are currently in talks about when he will be able to return to the set. We are waiting for a full diagnosis after CT scans and other tests in the afternoon before we make a final decision about his schedule.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1307267wpp/the-fiery-priest-filming-is-put-on-hold-as-kim-nam-gil-suffers-rib-injury-while-filming-scene

I am so sorry that he was injured. Action scenes are dangerous. This is the third injury of Kim Nam Gil while filming this drama and this one is more severe. His health is the most important thing, and I wish they would have provided a stunt double for action scenes for the drama. Get well soon.

• Like 2
  • Sad 5

:tears: I like seeing him in action, but seriously, the production team needs to prohibit him from doing the stunts himself. He's even suffering from dyspnea already from the rib injury :scream:

I hope they will give him enough rest, and most importantly, he himself will be obedient to the medical team and not insist on going back to filming by forcing on his condition... I really don't mind not having new episodes airing next week, which I'm sure all the fans are of the same thought.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

:tears: I like seeing him in action, but seriously, the production team needs to prohibit him from doing the stunts himself. He's even suffering from dyspnea already from the rib injury :scream:

I hope they will give him enough rest, and most importantly, he himself will be obedient to the medical team and not insist on going back to filming by forcing on his condition... I really don't mind not having new episodes airing next week, which I'm sure all the fans are of the same thought.

had to look up that word as I didn't know what dyspnea means -- it is shortness of breath or difficulty in breathing :scream:.... hope the crew and PD takes the actor's well being and safety in mind before filming.. so many injuries -- didn't the stunt master choreograph the fight scenes taking the actor's abilities in mind??

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

didn't the stunt master choreograph the fight scenes taking the actor's abilities in mind??

I think KNG wanted to do it himself, not wanting stuntman to do it in his stead... :(

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Prior to this, he was able to fully rest. I think it was too early for him to return. His body is not 100% ready. It may cause him to get injured more easily than usual. With cold weather, the body is not ready It is a risk for him more. I want him to be restored on the physical side. Before he returns again:(

• Like 6

Okay, live-caps starting...

Kim kicked the Russian Oppa and asked if Seo is okay, then gave her a hand to help her up. The guys tried to hit him but he fought back and they ran in fear. The two witnesses tried to sneak away but got called by Kim.

Bad guys counting money again. Hwang came and scolded them for something, then he got a call informing him about what happened, complete report of the presence of Father Kim

Police station. The chief in the middle of praising Gu for job well done, then he got a call, face changed immediately. Sound of things smashed from inside the room and Gu came out shocked. He spoke to Seo on the phone and she informed him how long before they will arrive.

In the car, Seo driving with Kim beside. The two witnesses handcuffed at the back. They claimed that they're not criminals, they're witnesses, why are they handcuffed. Kim then received a call that he is needed in the church, so Seo dropped him off somewhere.

In the church, a man gave the three of them (Kim, Han, Sister) some documents. They are not happy about it, but the man quite insistent about it. Kim just picked up the document and tore it in two, the man left, but Sister Kim this time is so mad that she kept tearing the document to smaller pieces. Kim left and Sister Kim followed him out.

Seo got ambushed in the middle of the way, by two cars, and many men. She amazingly managed to fight them off, but just as they are taking the witnesses away, she got hit real hard in the tummy with a pipe and not able to get up to stop them from getting away.

• Like 5

Kim and Sister went to see the lady (I still can't remember her name). They're trying to bring the case to her, I think, she is not being helpful at all though. Before Kim got angry, the Sister was the one who started yelling after hitting the table hard. The two ladies started shouting and arguing with each other at the top of their voices while Kim got a text message. I think telling him that witnesses got away. He left after assuring that Sister is okay dealing with the lady herself. The lady asked her to leave but she politely refused to leave saying they still have to talk.

Gu outside of police station waiting for Seo, shocked to see the towing truck instead with Seo inside. He asked what happened? where are the witnesses? Seo ignored him and just stormed inside the station. Police chief got a call in his office and happy about it.

Eyeliner Guy at Hwang's office, apologizing and assuring him that there won't be any more problem. Hwang wanted to smash him with a glass ashtray. He left and Hwang got a call from the lady. He got summoned to another cafe, grilled by the foursome again, for the problems that kept happening.... haha, I really do think he's going to switch side later on. Park's boss is really giving it to him, that he actually had to kneel down to all the foursome.

Seo is packing her stuff. She is leaving but the guys are trying to hold her back. She said stuff angrily and said a word I don't understand, and Kim repeated the word announcing his arrival. He asked who is it? The other guys slowly one by one find excuses to leave. Only Gu and Seo left. Seo explained something, and we see Kim and Gu outside in a dark alley. Kim asked Gu, are you really not being an obstacle? He took over his weapon and started to intimidate Gu. But didn't really hit him, he left in a huff. In front of the station, Kim asked if Seo is alright? and apologized for leaving her alone. She said she is fine, then asked how Kim knew the location of the witnesses. Kim replied he will tell her some other time. They're heading somewhere, asking Gu whether he is coming or not. At first he didn't want to, but he went with them.

• Like 5

Park leaving her office late at night, but still swarmed by the reporters asking about the attempted suicide of the idol.

Kim led Gu and Seo into the Russian cafe. Eyeliner Guy recognized Seo from before, he challenged her, she isn't afraid, but Kim stopped her. Kim just asked directly where the two witnesses are. Eyeliner Guy feigned ignorance. Kim gave him a thoughtful look.

We see the two witnesses being thrown into a container and locked inside.

In the car, Kim told Gu and Seo to just give up. Then Gu asked Seo how she knows the location. She just said that she has informant, after exchanging looks with Kim, who is seated next to her. Kim is dropped off then.

Park is at a claw machine by the roadside. Kim walked pass and said some stuff to her, about a human's right and stuff. Judging by the BGM used, it's important stuff to get to her heart/conscience. She was half listening, busy trying to get the stuffed toy inside, and managed to get it. She said some stuff in response to Kim and gave him the stuffed toy. Kim took it and looked at her walking away. End of first part.

• Like 5

Park paying for her stuff at the mini-mart. Yohan kept telling her about the promotions of the stuff she bought, but she refused them all, and flared her temper again. Just as she left, Somsak came with food for two of them. They shared the food.

Kim arrived at the church. Sister and Han waiting for him with sad expression. They saw the toy in Kim's hand and asked about it. He just dismissed the question. They knew about the witnesses getting away, and sighed that they will never get to the bottom of Father Lee's death. Kim just quietly drank his water.

Park arrived in her apartment, turned on the TV and saw news about her and the case, switched it off, and picked up a photo of Lee and her. She flashback to Father Lee giving her encouragement in the past.

Kim sitting in a bench outside, joined by Han. They had a calm encouraging each other talk.

Gu in his room sitting in the dark, looking at a cross necklace in his hand. Flashback to his partner giving him the cross while on a stakeout. Followed by him rushing his injured partner into the emergency room. He passed with the cross in his hand which Gu held as well. Next morning, Gu went to pay a visit to his partner at the columbarium, pouring his heart out. He then got a text message, with a dooming BGM.

Park is walking towards her office building, she saw many reporters standing by. She turned and walked away while making a call.

Gu is at Hwang's office. He asked him how the police get information about the whereabouts of the witnesses. Gu said he didn't know. Hwang gave him an envelope, suggesting him to use it for something. He pushed the envelope back though, and left.

Park at her boss' office. She is being reprimanded by her boss, then another prosecutor came in. I think it's the other guy she had dinner with. She looked unhappy. The boss purposely being very friendly with the other guy. She finally left the room after rolling her eyes, and when outside, she kept making hitting gestures and saying foul language that got censored away, lol...

Seo called Kim to the police station. They're up to something. While he sat there, Seo is pleading with the team leader that they really need to find the witnesses, if needed, let's involve the Interpol. The chief came out while screaming Interpol, what?? and balked at the idea. Kim just laughed at all these, and he left in anger. Gu quickly went to protect the water dispenser from his kick, but he just walked past, Gu got suspicious, that's unlike Kim. so he ran after Kim. True enough, in the corridor, Kim had another cardboard figure in his hand and he destroyed it in front of despairing Gu, lol.....

• Like 5