[Drama 2019] The Fiery Priest, 열혈사제 - "WE WILL BE BACK !"

Admin

“The Fiery Priest” Ratings Rise As Comic Murder Investigation Gets Underway

Feb 24, 2019
by E. Cha

SBS’s new drama “The Fiery Priest” is quickly gaining steam!

According to Nielsen Korea, the February 23 broadcast of the unconventional comedy continued the drama’s upward trend by seeing an increase in viewership ratings from the previous night. “The Fiery Priest” scored average nationwide viewership ratings of 13.0 percent during its first half and 15.7 percent during its second, with a peak of 20.1 percent.

Notably, the episode marked the second night in a row that the drama managed to surpass 30 percent with its peak viewership ratings.

Spoiler

The most-watched minute of the night was the moment when hot-tempered priest Kim Hae Il (played by Kim Nam Gil) reluctantly agreed to partner up with bumbling detective Goo Dae Young (played by Kim Sung Kyun) to investigate the murder of elderly priest Lee Young Joon (played by Jung Dong Hwan). In a hilariously childish standoff, the two men agreed to make a bet—if Goo Dae Young managed to solve the case, Kim Hae Il would treat him to an expensive cut of steak.

“The Fiery Priest” airs on Fridays and Saturdays at 10 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1305848wpp/the-fiery-priest-ratings-rise-as-comic-murder-investigation

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Is that really his name? So long?? I am going to just call him Som from now on :lol:

Its something start with S so I make it long , I don’t want to hurt his feeling :yum:

but I did my research in MDL his name is 

Ssongsag Tekalatanapulaseoteu  :D:lol:

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

4 hours ago, triplem said:

Very positive k netz comments for Friday’s episode 

[The Fiery Priest] Eps 5 & 6 spoilers, Kim Nam Gil x Lee Honey

may i ask from where do you get this trans? since i didn't see any link/creds :sweatingbullets:

------

lee honey's coffee truck

51221665_280318336200730_1385215815803762496_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.cdninstagram.com
51454506_1437334973070256_8936966402051637961_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.cdninstagram.com
Spoiler

• Like 5

Episode 4

Wow!

Father Mikael Kim wrote to Holy Father Pope (Papa, Pope in Greek & common address) Francis via a electronic translator (Italian) & gets a reply as the Pope write a personal letter to President of Korea, presume to be Moon Jae In who is a Catholic to look into the matter

Cheongwadae (President Office) breathing down on the Prosecutor Office

• Like 5

6. [+71,-1]
It's amazing. 16.2% ratings. Kim Nam Gil saves the public tv channels. There are no makjangs, no acting holes, it's light and there are sad scenes too. These days, there's nothing else to watch other than this. I'm tired of couples with age difference and cheap romance stories. 

is that means there won't be a romance between the leads? even a bit? sighhh:unsure:

Related image

• Like 2
  • LOL 6

8 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Is that really his name? So long?? I am going to just call him Som from now on :lol:

His name, SomSak, ends with the last name. Tadruttanaparset I believe that this name is a signature. Top rank in the name of Thai people. Believe me. I'm from Thailand. HAHAHA !!!:love:

2uhfx9.gif

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

:joy: turned out that the ET touch at the end of the episode was just about their deal if Gu helped Kim to solve the case... ROTFL...

Park remains to be a questionable character till now. Although I'm sure before the drama ends, all three of them will band together, I'd rather they work together as early as possible.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, sushilicious said:

:lol: I really like where the story is going. Finally we are getting the two guys together :) 

I like the same:thumbsup:

I want the police, rapper girl Participate to complete the team Because she is the same crazy power as the priest Kim :D

[Spoilers] The Fiery Priest E05-08 + Rating

Spoiler
priest.png?fit=772%2C429&ssl=1

[Spoilers] The Fiery Priest E05-08 + Rating

•  
  •  
  • 0002763274_001_20190222231401230.jpg?fit
1-40.png?w=640&ssl=1
1-41.png?w=640&ssl=1

Naver – Star Mt: ‘The Fiery Priest’ Kim Nam Gil begins his revenge…

1.[+639, -7] ㅎㅎㅎ The kick was the highlight~!! The drama is fun~

2.[+431, -8] The taser scene was really funny ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ The lines are also funny, i’m looking forward to tomorrow too!!!

3.[+377, -6] Kim Nam Gil’s acting is so charming ㅋㅋ the drama is so fun

4.[+151, -8] ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㄱ It’s really so fun

5.[+94, -2] Jung Dong Hwan-nim…originally he is good at acting but the role fits him so well, It really didn’t feel like acting, it was so good and it made me feel warm…he left too fast ㅠㅠ like the Grand Empress Dowager in The Last Empress..I wanted to keep seeing him, what a pity ㅠㅠㅠ

6.[+80, -1] Kim Nam Gil’s facial expression when he got hit by the taser ㅋㅋ

7.[+73, -2] This is so fun ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Kim Nam Gil’s comics, anger, action, they are all the best. Now give us something refreshing

8.[+67, -4] The gang member is so funny ㅋㅋ I thought he was Kim Hee Chul…

9.[+58, -1] Kim Nam Gil’s kick was the highlight, It was a cool priest kick

0003957388_001_20190223232009945.png?fit
1-42.png?w=640&ssl=1
1-43.png?w=640&ssl=1

Naver – Osen: ‘The Fiery Priest’ Kim Nam Gil x Kim Sung Kyung, convinced the pope + the president…They will invastigate together Jung Dong Hwan’s death case

1.[+2207, -26] This drama is so fun ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ and when it’s gets serious it gets funny again, what the scale of the president and pope ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

2.[+1599, -21] Kim Nam Gil is the best actor in making the character become his own. Thriller, comedy, melo, he is open to chose all genres ㅋ

3.[+1095, -19] The president’s details are crazy ㅋㅋㅋㅋ Except his voice, i already know who he is ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

4.[+957, -34] Nam Gil is doing everything he wants, Today too, the time flew by while watching Handsome Kim Nam Gil~^^

5.[+293, -4] Today’s twist was Priest Lee didn’t die in a waste but died while fighting honorably ㅠㅠ I hope Priest Kim will get revenge from those bad guys

6.[+243, -4] My stomach burst with the pope and the president ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

7.[+212, -8] I’m watching it because of Kim Nam Gil’s acting but the drama keeps getting more fun. The letter to the pope was really refreshing

8.[+207, -7] When I saw the president scene, I really thought it was the president. But when I heard his voice, It turned out to be an actor who resembles President Moon.

9.[+182, -1] The order coming from the Blue House was refreshing ㅋㅋㅋㅋ I thought the pope was just for fun but as expected ㅎ

10.[+159, -10] When Vatican came out I burst laughing, It’s really fun ㅋㅋ

Ratings:

E05-06: 12.8% | 16.2% 
E07-08: 13% | 15.7%

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

Serious case of Kim Nam Gil-itis :love:  here ...what a guy....plus my happy happy come when he was praying ep 4 @ 40.37 ...that he will do his duty as a priest forever ...and then he tilts his head slightly and amends that for the rest of his life he will not get angry LOL   .   This was my  squeal :w00t:   since God would not deny all of his daughters our sincere appreciation /hots  for  this gorgeous man :)

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

15 hours ago, jadore1 said:

Serious case of Kim Nam Gil-itis :love:  here ...what a guy....plus my happy happy come when he was praying ep 4 @ 40.37 ...that he will do his duty as a priest forever ...and then he tilts his head slightly and amends that for the rest of his life he will not get angry LOL   .   This was my  squeal :w00t:   since God would not deny all of his daughters our sincere appreciation /hots  for  this gorgeous man :)

:sweatingbullets:Don't really want to burst your happy bubbles actually... but I think you should know that he tilted his head because there was a mosquito... and it's not so much an amendment but a continuation of his prayer... :P

• LOL 2

7 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

:sweatingbullets:Don't really want to burst your happy bubbles actually... but I think you should know that he tilted his head because there was a mosquito... and it's not so much an amendment but a continuation of his prayer... :P

Optimism lol 

• LOL 3

n conclusion, he was injured during the shooting of the fighting scene. Each posture in the fight It is a perfect:thumbsup: beautiful scene. He is dedicated to making the show come out. Is attractive I would like to express my regret about the injury. Hope that he will recover from injury And come back to work continuously For your drama fan club
Kim Nam Gil Fighting:thumbsup:

Does the drama still broadcast on the channel? For Friday and Saturday to arrive:wub:

• Like 6