[Drama 2019] The Fiery Priest, 열혈사제 - "WE WILL BE BACK !"

Admin

It would be funny if the special episode got English subbed before the latest episodes of Confession :lol: we have been waiting since Saturday! And now its Friday! (I understand it is difficult but it would still be interesting if the special was subbed first:lol:)

• LOL 2

Ahhhh I cant read Chinese :bawling:...can only understand some Chinese by listening. I really wanted to know what they were talking about with regards to Kim Nam Gil when Kang Ho Dong asked them to point to the person and he kept mentioning ‘Cider’. 

Just watched Happy Together. Hwang Cheol Beum and Prosecutor Kang are much funnier on this show then they were on the special interview episode. The focus of the show was pretty much the 2 of them. Prosecutor Kang did the voice-overs and JYP impersonation as well.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, sassybella said:

Ahhhh I cant read Chinese :bawling:...can only understand some Chinese by listening. I really wanted to know what they were talking about with regards to Kim Nam Gil when Kang Ho Dong asked them to point to the person and he kept mentioning ‘Cider’. 

Just watched Happy Together. Hwang Cheol Beum and Prosecutor Kang are much funnier on this show then they were on the special interview episode. The focus of the show was pretty much the 2 of them. Prosecutor Kang did the voice-overs and JYP impersonation as well.

Do you remember around which minute that was? I will translate that bit for you. 

Edit: I found it. Not too sure but the word cider is translated into soda in Chinese. And it seems to be a cultural thing, they are asking who is your cider/soda while doing the drama. It's like the person who "refresh" you... Need someon who knows about Korean culture to explain this usage of cider/soda. 

Yes, both of them funny. At the beginning of the Special, KNG teased them for wearing pink-pink. They defended themselves that it was a coincidence, they didn't make a plan to wear the same color :lol:

• Like 2
  • Love 1

@ktcjdrama Thank you soooo much for the translation! Finally i can piece their conversation together. 

I actually hope Hwang Cheol Beom and Prosecutor Kang gets to act in a comedy drama as brothers. It’ll be really funny. 

Just watched We Will Channel You. Its really insightful with interesting bits about the show. Not sure if I’m allowed to spoil it here...

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, sassybella said:

Just watched We Will Channel You. Its really insightful with interesting bits about the show. Not sure if I’m allowed to spoil it here...

Go ahead... I think we'll be grateful if you can share whatever there is to know about this drama....

Btw, just sharing some interesting stuff from the Special about the actor playing Kang and actress playing Jung. They both are voice actors as well. Kang does the narration for many advertisement. And Jung is doing the Korean dubbed Disney movie!! In Frozen, Moana, and Beauty and The Beast!! The rest of the gang didn't know and only found out then and were impressed.

And actor playing Father Han is actually a musical actor....

For Go Jun and Kang actor, it's their very first time being on a variety show.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Kim Nam Gil’s reaction was funny when he heard about the voiceovers, he looked like he was starstrucked hahaha @ktcjdrama

Ok I shall write as many interesting bits as possible. I watched on Viu so the translation is theirs hehe

- Alot of the funny bits they did in the show that ultimately became their character’s signature were thought of themselves or among the 3 of them. 

- Bobby’s capoeira was an idea of Yo Han’s.

- Bobby’s clothes were bought by the actor himself from the markets. He chose it himself and got the approval from the director.

- The bread was made for the show but it became such a hit that the bakery negan selling it and its sold out everyday.

- The 3 of them went through auditions and they had to think how to portray their character without a script. Song Sac did the Thai voice in his audition and pretended to send a video letter to his mom in the same manner that Song Sac behaves in the show. So I guess the director and writer liked it so much that they didnt actually change Song Sac much from how Ahn Chang Hwan actually portrayed him. 

Eum Moon Suk sent in a video of him portraying Bobby and it seems the Bobby we see is the same as the one he portrayed in his audition too, albeit more expressive. 

This got me thinking about the special interview show where they had a question to answer regarding Detective Seo’s audition. I didnt understand the part well, was it that they actually didnt think she suited the role? 

- Song Sac learned Muay Thai for the show. The slap in the scene where he first fought and won against Bobby was a real slap. 

- The actor playing Yo Han told the director he did not want to work only in the convenience store, so thats how his character worked in several places. He then came out with the idea for his character like being a spy in the factory. 

- Song Sac got a spray tan starting in November until 1-2 weeks before the last shoot.

The rest of the show was about their struggles as an actor. You really feel for them and feel happy that they finally got recognised. What made me love the show even more now is the fact that despite being smaller roles in the show, they had alot of freedom to give ideas as to how to portray their characters and that they were actually used in the show. It was not scripted but was their own doing and it actually got really popular. Shows also that the director and writer are really nice to trust them with it.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Can someone tell the writers to the sequel to keep all the minor characters like my favourite mobsters( now, diarrhoea will always be associated with fireworks and 1812 Overture), Thai immigrant, fancy dress cult leader and his sassy underling, Russian club owner, steel-head detective. Ohhhm , pls bring in more multi-talented nuns and priests.

• Like 2

I've been lurking on this thread for a bit haha nice to meet you all~

It's been really fun and entertaining to read your thoughts :D 

I really loved the drama! & I believe my MDL article (azyjtevol's review) was shared too? Thanks to the user that did!

I just really wanted to share this special that got subbed!

It has Song Sac, Yo Han & Jang Ryong aka Long Dragon ;) I'm still searching for the other special though! If anybody does find it subbed give me a sign :P 

Edited by triplem
No illegal streaming/ sub sites allowed. You can pm this user for the link
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, AzyJT Evol said:

I've been lurking on this thread for a bit haha nice to meet you all~

It's been really fun and entertaining to read your thoughts :D 

I really loved the drama! & I believe my MDL article (azyjtevol's review) was shared too? Thanks to the user that did!

I just really wanted to share this special that got subbed!

It has Song Sac, Yo Han & Jang Ryong aka Long Dragon ;) I'm still searching for the other special though! If anybody does find it subbed give me a sign :P 

Ahh so you are Azyjtevol? I’m Wonkee on MDL as well! I remember reading your article and commenting on it :blush: waving-gif.gif

And thank you for the subbed special *-* I haven’t watched that one yet so I’m glad i get to watch it for the first time subbed. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, Wonkee said:

Ahh so you are Azyjtevol? I’m Wonkee on MDL as well! I remember reading your article and commenting on it :blush: 

And thank you for the subbed special *-* I haven’t watched that one yet so I’m glad i get to watch it for the first time subbed. 

Hello there~ Yeah I do remember your username :) Enjoy!

PS: Sorry I didnt know bout not sharing links, lmk if you can't find it! The show's called We Channel You Ep.22! Omo Go Joon on Knowing Bros? I'm so excited about this !!

Edited by triplem
Pls don’t quote images. Thanks
  • Like 3

This is too cute ..bobby teaching them to dance

The teaser for Knowing Bros ! 

Spoiler

So happy to see recognition for a lot of the cast members after this drama 

Edited by Guest

Bolded and underlined part: fun fact..Kim Sung Kyun (Det Goo Dae Young) has a whole lot of popular and well recieved projects, eg Reply 94, Reply 88, Fiery Priest, a whole lot of movies under his name ^_^. He is often in award winning movies.

Kim Nam Gil Talks About The Success Of “The Fiery Priest,” Friendship With Co-Stars, And More

Kim Nam Gil Talks About The Success Of “The Fiery Priest,” Friendship With Co-Stars, And More

May 5, 2019
by S. Park

Kim Nam Gil shared his thoughts on his latest drama “The Fiery Priest.”

On the May 4 broadcast KBS 2TV’s “Entertainment Weekly,” the actor appeared in the studio for an interview.

“I didn’t know that I would appear [on the show] like this, but I came here because [the viewers] gave so much love,” began Kim Nam Gil. “It’s an honor to receive so much love.”

He was asked if he could feel the popularity of “The Fiery Priest” and about his thoughts on drama’s highest viewership ratings of 22 percent. Kim Nam Gil answered, “I didn’t really get a chance to experience [the popularity] after going on a reward vacation, promoting, and appearing on ‘Entertainment Weekly.’ I honestly don’t really know yet.”

The cast and crew of “The Fiery Priest” went on a reward vacation to Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia after the end of the drama. “I thought it was boot camp,” commented Kim Nam Gil. “Since all of the staff went, we all moved around together.”

He continued, “It was my first time going, but Kim Sung Kyun said that it was his third reward vacation and told me many tips. I didn’t know, but Kim Sung Kyun is quite a successful actor,” and added, “He said that not doing anything is resting. He told me to stay in my room because it’s tiring to go shopping and hang out with others.”

Kim-Nam-Gil1.jpg

Speaking about his chemistry with his co-stars, Kim Nam Gil said, “I previously appeared in a drama with Honey Lee. Kim Sung Kyun and I have friends in common so we became close.”

He added with a laugh, “I actually thought that he was older than me. When I first met him, if was difficult to speak informally. Even though I met him after hearing that we were the same age, I greeted him respectfully.”

When the reporters asked if he agreed to the statement, “Out of Go Joon, Kim Sung Kyun, and Kim Nam Gil, [Kim Nam Gil] is the most handsome,” the actor confidently replied, “Yes.”

Kim Sung Kyun then appeared on the show via a surprise phone call. He introduced himself as his character, saying, “It’s Goo Dae Young who suffered for the last six months. I want to work with Kim Nam Gil in my next project.”

• Like 3