[Drama 2019] The Fiery Priest, 열혈사제 - "WE WILL BE BACK !"

Admin

Thanks @triplem for sharing the summary.... I've watched ep.7 with subs. To be honest, I'm kinda losing interest in the story... It's moving too slow for my taste. There isn't really new development for me. It seems like they're still only setting up the stage until now. I do enjoy the wackiness and some laughs, but I'm not feeling the tension/excitement anymore about fighting the baddies. It's like we're just circling around... I'll give it another try with ep.8, to decide whether I will continue watching properly or just watch it casually (ie. skipping scenes)

• Like 5

4 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Thanks @triplem for sharing the summary.... I've watched ep.7 with subs. To be honest, I'm kinda losing interest in the story... It's moving too slow for my taste. There isn't really new development for me. It seems like they're still only setting up the stage until now. I do enjoy the wackiness and some laughs, but I'm not feeling the tension/excitement anymore about fighting the baddies. It's like we're just circling around... I'll give it another try with ep.8, to decide whether I will continue watching properly or just watch it casually (ie. skipping scenes)

I kind of agree , it’s too slow for me as well , I was nearly skipping scene , we need serious scene &  less comedy :) 

we need more scenes for these two really 

5c83929daaf1b311670231.gif?download

I liked he is a ware of our priest now , that he see he can fight :mrgreen: - but Isn’t he a good looking guy for evil really :blush:

These guys  , can I have them in my bucket , they are killing it :joy: 

5c8390e9bb2f4545333811.gif?download

5c839123f2291322151217.gif?download

Spoiler

5c83925ec2a4c924344459.gif?download

Edited by Jillia
Please put more than 3 pics/IGs in spoiler tags, thanks!
  • Like 6
  • LOL 2

The next episode should be the return of KNG after the injury. Notice that the hand still has a tangled cloth. Show that the drama has not been filmed in reserve for him to receive recuperation during the injury period. The shooting during this time was actually fresh. Hope that he will not have the wrong scene queue That repeatedly hurt him:(

703755eda70e72be.png

• Like 7

Well, I've seen the raw of today's episode and I was watching the last eps in ff and... honestly? there was NO development of the story ... The last 4 chapters feel rather like filler than story properly told.
It is a pity that this drama is suffering (*) with a slow and muddy development of the story, there are already eight episodes, and what happened could have been told in 4-5 ep max. And yet, we are almost half of all the chapters and the progress of the plot was minimal...

I guess I'll keep watching the series on ff until I see some progress... what a shame, it was a nice start. :wacko:

(*) yes, I say that the drama's story is "suffering" despite the good ratings since good rating doesn't mean a good story (or development of the story) and viceversa.

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

Watched the latest 4 episodes in 1 go and I really liked it despite not much is going our dear Father Kim's way except the final few minutes and the start of the preview for next week.

I really detest Detective Koo previously.

I mean.. OMG.

He and his fellow colleagues really made me sick. They are the police for God's sake!

But these few episodes lately showed us why he is behaving this way.

It did somehow manage to squeeze out some pity tears from me and I wanted to give him a pat and ask him to man up already and start being awesome again!

As for Prosecutor Park.... is she not doing undercover job for someone???

I'm having the feeling that she is doing undercover and trying to expose the corruption in Gudam. I mean... she can't be the bad person here right?

SS and YH.. the bromance of these 2 innocent men... Omg! :wub:

And seriously, what does digging out Father Kim's past have to do with the whole issue?

He did not commit treason or anything. So I doubt (finger crossed here) it will do any harm.

It's not as if CB (that Hwang) will fall on his knees and pee in his pants after knowing his real identity.

We already know how corrupted the town- Gudam is and how bad the big villians are.

What I don't need to see are them eating and be merry. Or counting cash or just seeing them smiling.

So I want the story to move faster in favour to Father Kim's side. I want to see Father Kim taking down each and every corrupted idiots every episode and flush them and their damn foundation and cult down the toilet bowl every episode.

I come for justice and I do not want to be rob of my pleasure.

I want the feeling of going YES at every episode seeing the good is making progress and not getting nowhere and getting road blocks.

It sucks that 90% of the time is about the villians and them plotting and 5% is Father Kim being awesome and cool and 5% is when the richard simmons gets real and then BOOM! Wait for next episode....

So I really hope to see more development and more justice being served to the villians.

And please... please get rid of that annoying cult and their "ulkta"... 

That Moon and that snow white's step mother...

If only....

tumblr_pn08fcGNE61r8sro0o3_250.gif

(Credits to ryn-s from tumblr)

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, mrsj3n said:

We already know how corrupted the town- Gudam is and how bad the big villians are.

What I don't need to see are them eating and be merry. Or counting cash or just seeing them smiling.

So I want the story to move faster in favour to Father Kim's side. I want to see Father Kim taking down each and every corrupted idiots every episode and flush them and their damn foundation and cult down the toilet bowl every episode.

I come for justice and I do not want to be rob of my pleasure.

I want the feeling of going YES at every episode seeing the good is making progress and not getting nowhere and getting road blocks.

It sucks that 90% of the time is about the villians and them plotting and 5% is Father Kim being awesome and cool and 5% is when the richard simmons gets real and then BOOM! Wait for next episode....

So I really hope to see more development and more justice being served to the villians.

And please... please get rid of that annoying cult and their "ulkta"... 

That Moon and that snow white's step mother...

Agreeing with what you've written... I know Father Kim's fight for justice and bringing down the corrupt foursome is still a long way from being completed, but I want to see little victories for our good guys once in a while... Like you said, that feeling of YES! every episode, no matter how small it is. Eg. I really love it when the Pope responded to Kim's letter.

For me, ep.8 is much better than ep.7... SS and YH are helping Kim, we see more of Gu's past, and we are also finally shown a little bit of Park's past.

Anyway, can anyone confirm if this is a 32-episode or 40-episode drama? (I have checked the first page, but have heard varying information). Judging from Chief Kim and Good Doctor, which both are of 20 episodes (one-hour format), I'm guessing this is most probably a 40-episode drama.

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

[Spoilers] The Fiery Priest E13-16 + Rating

•  
0003872140_001_20190308231402899.jpg?fit
1-15.png?w=640&ssl=1
1-16.png?w=640&ssl=1

Naver – News1: ‘The Fiery Priest’ Will Kim Nam Gil fall into Lee Moon Sik’s trap?…Lee Honey got transferred

1.[+633, -5] Kim Nam Gil was so handsome today too~

2.[+374, -8] Ah…It’s been a long time since I laughed this much ㅋㅋㅋ It’ so fun, everyone is so good at acting ㅎㅎㅎ

3.[+225, -8] Don’t fall into the trap!!! ㅠㅠ I wanted him to break the phone with the bat ㅜㅜ

4.[+138, -5] It’s so fun

5.[+111, -0] I thought I will die of laughing when Kim Sung Gyun said ‘konnichiwa’ ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

6.[+90, -4] Wow ㅋㅋㅋ The Fiery Priest is really crazy, why is it this fun ㅠㅠ It’s been a long time since I cried laughing while watching a drama…All the actors are so good, It’s the best, this is why it has good ratings

7.[+73, -1] Ah I really like the priest ㅠㅠㅠ He is really so handsome, his voice is so good, his action and acting are the best ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ I really love Priest Hae Il…♥

8.[+69, -1] Kim Nam Gil is so charming

9.[+61, -3] Kim Nam Gil is so good at acting ㅋㅋ The Fiery Priest was fun today too

Spoiler
2019031001000669500049852_20190309232106
1-17.png?w=640&ssl=1
1-18.png?w=640&ssl=1

Naver – Sports Chosun: ‘The Fiery Priest’ Kim Nam Gil x Kim Sung Kyun, stood against Go Joon…Lee Honey ended up gaving in

1.[+861, -18] It’s really so fun

2.[+495, -16] Time flew by. There is no character that needs to be thrown away. This week we got Kung Sun and Dae Young’s story, I hope we get Song Sak and Yo Han’s story next week

3.[+384, -17] The Fiery Priest is so fun. How can I wait till next week…

4.[+318, -23] I’m disappointed in Prosecutor Park Kyung Sun ㅡㅡ

5.[+216, -1] The main character’s job is a priest but he is so sexy ㅜㅜ I’m glad it’s not real, I could wrongly change my religion because he is so handsome and sexy ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

6.[+202, -3] Finally an actor is born to carry Lee Byung Hun’s trend. As for his gaze acting, he is the top in Korea. He can do any genre from action to comedy to melo, etc. I hope Actor Kim Nam Gil doesn’t get hurt and get well soon ᆢ

7.[+172, -2] KoKunKab is so cute~~ Gangjang Gongjang ㅋㅋ This guy is good at acting too~

8.[+155, -2] Watching Detective Koo Dae Young’s past, it hurt my heart ㅜㅜ Kim Sung Kyun is so good at acting! His fool acting and cool detective acting too ㅠㅠ

Ratings:
E13-14: 15.3% | 17.7% 
E15-16: 12.5% | 16.1%

https://www.netizendrama.com/spoilers-the-fiery-priest-e13-16-rating/

• Like 6

@sushilicious lol. This priest is so damn fine so you know it's hard to keep me away!

tenor.gif?itemid=4412301

@ktcjdrama Yes!! I was crying and laughing when they went PAPA! (At least that's what the subs said.. lol)

That triumph moment is what I want!

But only giving us less than 5% every episode or sometimes we gotta wait till 2 or 3 episodes later to get that 5%.... I'm frustrated!

All those fightings may look cool but getting nowhere after those fights?

I might seriously need anger management next.

Lol

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

Finally I was able to watch episodes with the sub :joy:

Of Father , Father :mrgreen:

I feel your pain Father Kim , you’re only one person , there are a lot of scums needed to be wipe of this planet. I like that these episodes is an eye opener of the people around Father Kim & to know how scums these gang are & the depths they will go to get rich I am glad Father Kim’s got patience now with people around him now to even ask for help & willing to listen to them - he growing on everyone now :wub:

One of of my favorite scene is how innocent these two were & how Father Kim try to explain to them , the cult are not after children to increase their number of believers but to build a foundation that help them cover their money laundering & dirty work - nice to watch them getting out of their character & bad mouthing the bad birds :joy:

Its really sad to watch  the world these innocent orphans living in , when no one care about them when they get hurt or poisoned by dirty food for other to save money , hopefully next week everyone will notice thanks to the finest work of ST the delivery guy & his best friend and his ability to hear everything while eating. 

Finally Dae Young , how pitiful his life is , I kind feel sorry for him now , he is between a rock & a hard place , either choice there is a child that destined to be hurt , he isn’t coward as I thought   :sweat_smile:

Watching this guy do this was second best highlight of me in this week episodes :lol:

5c859dc53e80b109347110.gif?download

• Like 2
  • LOL 7

I super super love this show.... What a great cast! The Nun should get an acting award for her fab comedic timing and she is so underrated but what a GEM she is.... rem her outburst on the cult?  Hahahaha...  

I'm trying to find out if the Thai guy is Korean ... anyone has shots of him without the brown makeup on from other series? 

• Like 5

The Fiery Priest: Episodes 9-10

by LollyPip

Priest0910-00212-1.jpg

Our poor pitiful priest is in a bad place emotionally, still torn up about the loss of his mentor and the campaign against his good name. He’s trying to do what he can to help his friend, even after death, but his poor life choices aren’t doing him any favors in the meantime.

EPISODE 9

more http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/03/the-fiery-priest-episodes-9-10/

• Like 5

4 hours ago, inner said:

I super super love this show.... What a great cast! The Nun should get an acting award for her fab comedic timing and she is so underrated but what a GEM she is.... rem her outburst on the cult?  Hahahaha...  

I'm trying to find out if the Thai guy is Korean ... anyone has shots of him without the brown makeup on from other series? 

Yup the nun is my favorite character so far. Totally love her.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1