[Drama 2019] Love in Sadness, 슬플 때 사랑한다

0ly40

@zenya22 A girl and two guys. A girl ended up loving both of them in some way and went together with the poor guy and rich guys comes and sees them in bed and killed them both. When she is dying, she told the rich guy she loves him. She loved him but the pressure from the rich family of the guy and her own pride didnt allow to love and she understands she loves the rich guy more or she only truly loves him after lying in bed with other guy. Unfortunately it was too late. Then rich guy ended up killing himself too. The Rich guy is played by Jo In Sung. He is a bit similar to In Wook here, both were beaten by their fathers and doesnt know how to love properly and push themselves on the girl etc... he wasnt beater of women though. This drama catapulted Jo In Sung, Ha Ji Won and So Ji Sub's careers and very memorable even still. Till this day Jo In Sung is my ultimate bias.

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, juli® said:

@zenya22 I saw some scenes of LMIH and I found the husband a lot more scumbag than KIW. Much more, actually. And yet, I heard that he redeemed himself.

In LMIH the couple had a beautiful 7 year old daughter which was one of the reasons why the wife went back to the husband was to fight for custody of the daughter and also  to find the evidence which when was found on the phone of the gardener with the help of the doctor, the woman downloaded into her brother's computer. The daughter was also the reason why the husband who was going to commit suicide changed his mind because he was a scumbag husband but he loved his daughter. He ended in a correctional facility where he got treatment for many years and was released. His mother was also chaebol but was not a bad person like IW's father. So at least it is understandable that the woman in LMIH had legitimate reasons for going back to the husband. And reasons why the husband who loved his daughter decided to change. 

2 minutes ago, Moroodliin said:

@zenya22 A girl and two guys. A girl ended up loving both of them in some way and went together with the poor guy and rich guys comes and sees them in bed and killed them both. When she is dying, she told the rich guy she loves him. She loved him but the pressure from the rich family of the guy and her own pride didnt allow to love and she know who she loves the rich guy more or she only truly loves him after lying in bed with other guy. Then rich guy ended up killing himself too. The Rich guy is played by Jo In Sung. He is a bit similar to In Wook here, both were beaten by their fathers and doesnt know how to love properly and push themselves on the girl etc... he wasnt beather of women though. This drama catapulted Jo In Sung, Ha Ji Won and So Ji Sub's careers and very memorable even still.

Thank you. This will be my next watch. 

3 hours ago, tiMadam said:

How is that love?

He did not died to save her. When someone sacrifice their lives for you is because they are trying to save you.

Iw killed himself because he could not live without ymr. This is not love for someone. He is not or ever been in love with Ymr.  First he would have to understand what is love.  I understand that we may have different ways of showing love and different levels of love but killing yourself for that reason is not love.  

I think everyone loves in their own way, we are not to judge them of their ways to love and he thought he killed Ma Ri and killed himself becoz he cant be without Ma Ri. So in a way, it is his own way to showing his love to Ma Ri. Too bad she is all happy with the doctor and talking about flowers. Doctor had loving mom and friends. In Wook had abuser dad, mom who killed herself leaving young boy, a wife who doesnt love his husband and zero friends, such a pitiful character...

Ryu Soo Young as Kang In Wook stole the show in the last four episodes.

Be it the In Wook in denial or the one who is madly in love to a point of self destruction.

I loved how In Wook destroyed his dad before destroying himself.In a way he brought his mother's culprit to justice.

I would have liked it more if he had just let YMR go,shown the middle finger to everyone and left the country with his secretary,the female detective and his dog away from the entire circus.Imagine In Wook enjoying his life in Hawaii with the secretary and the detective.I am sure he would have made money as well given how intelligent and capable he is.

Jokes apart everyone turned out as a loser except SJW.He got a woman who suits his temperament with Ha Kyung's face aka the face he loved.On top of that he became a hero.

Funnily enough he didn't care that Dr Ha left Ha Kyung to die in that accident and brushed it off like Ha only stole an ice cream.So much for loving Ha Kyung and blah blah.He didn't want to be bitter? Gimme a break.It was more like he got what he wanted so who cares about the real Ha Kyung? 

19 minutes ago, PhoenixEmpress said:

Ryu Soo Young as Kang In Wook stole the show in the last four episodes.

Be it the In Wook in denial or the one who is madly in love to a point of self destruction.

I loved how In Wook destroyed his dad before destroying himself.In a way he brought his mother's culprit to justice.

I would have liked it more if he had just let YMR go,shown the middle finger to everyone and left the country with his secretary,the female detective and his dog away from the entire circus.Imagine In Wook enjoying his life in Hawaii with the secretary and the detective.I am sure he would have made money as well given how intelligent and capable he is.

Jokes apart everyone turned out as a loser except SJW.He got a woman who suits his temperament with Ha Kyung's face aka the face he loved.On top of that he became a hero.

Funnily enough he didn't care that Dr Ha left Ha Kyung to die in that accident and brushed it off like Ha only stole an ice cream.So much for loving Ha Kyung and blah blah.He didn't want to be bitter? Gimme a break.It was more like he got what he wanted so who cares about the real Ha Kyung? 

Yeah, I loved that he destroyed his dad and given the death of his mother some justice. That was my dream ending for IW, that the secretary, the detective and his dog would have pulled him out of the pool of richard simmons he was in and leave his past behind to be somewhere he can get rehabilitated and start anew..

but dumb woman kept going back to IW and doc dumb enough to make it worse .....the thriller made into a holler ugghhh,

4 hours ago, Moroodliin said:

I think everyone loves in their own way, we are not to judge them of their ways to love and he thought he killed Ma Ri and killed himself becoz he cant be without Ma Ri. So in a way, it is his own way to showing his love to Ma Ri. Too bad she is all happy with the doctor and talking about flowers. Doctor had loving mom and friends. In Wook had abuser dad, mom who killed herself leaving young boy, a wife who doesnt love his husband and zero friends, such a pitiful character...

@Moroodliin I agree! Actually, I've been talking a long time ago.

2 Again, I agree with you. She showed no regard for the man she had lived with for five years and who, though violent and abusive, did her best to please her. She could be separated from him, as she did, but I found she was very cruel at various times, in a way he never demonstrated to be with her, taking away the violence.

So I never judged KIW. I've always thought it wrong to beat her, unjustifiable, but only to throw stones at him, I cannot. Look at the life he had, look at his father's endless pressure. He grew up without love and insecurity. He was raised by his father to be the successor to the Gunha Group, so it's natural that he acts abusively with everyone, authoritarian, selfish ... Everything in that house revolves around him as the Group's future single president. I've really felt for KIW since the beginning of the drama. And I found some of the things YMR said to him unnecessary. She really was very cruel. And yet I said I did not hate him, imagine if I hated him!

On 4/28/2019 at 12:49 PM, PhoenixEmpress said:

1 Ryu Soo Young as Kang In Wook stole the show in the last four episodes.

2 I loved how In Wook destroyed his dad before destroying himself.In a way he brought his mother's culprit to justice.

Jokes apart everyone turned out as a loser except SJW. He got a woman who suits his temperament with Ha Kyung's face aka the face he loved. On top of that he became a hero.

Funnily enough he didn't care that Dr Ha left Ha Kyung to die in that accident and brushed it off like Ha only stole an ice cream. So much for loving Ha Kyung and blah blah. He didn't want to be bitter? Gimme a break. 4 It was more like he got what he wanted so who cares about the real Ha Kyung? 

@PhoenixEmpress

RSY stoles the whole show!

2 I loved too. And his stepmother running away with money and her son? :joy:

Yes, I found this ending very unfair to KIW. And SJW did not even care that his wife died because she had no help from Dr. Ha.

Yeah, I felt that too.

On 4/28/2019 at 1:09 PM, zenya22 said:

Yeah, I loved that he destroyed his dad and given the death of his mother some justice. That was my dream ending for IW, that the secretary, the detective and his dog would have pulled him out of the pool of richard simmons he was in and leave his past behind to be somewhere he can get rehabilitated and start anew..

but dumb woman kept going back to IW and doc dumb enough to make it worse .....the thriller made into a holler ugghhh,

@zenya22 Like I said, YMR was very cruel with KIW. Every time she came back, she gave hope to KIW. She even told in the hospital that they were the perfect couple (to save SJW) and then, when he threatened to kill himself with the Russian roulette, she said that she loved him only to go out arm in arm with SJW. Think of a character that made me angry. :rage: Each time she did that, KIW was filled with hope of a happy return.

I know a couple who split up, but he didn't accept the end of the relationship. That ex-wife never treated him badly, she was sure she didn't want to go back, that the marriage was over. And he tried to go back to her several times, but she was always firm in her decision, saying that she wasn't going to go back with him, that the marriage was over... She told me herself, that she always sorry for the end of their relationship because she loved him too much, but couldn't insist on him. They had no children. To this day, when they meet, he feeds hope of a return, but she rejects him with gentleness and education.

YMR used KIW, she never loved him, so she was so cruel to him. She wanted the security that KIW was supposed to provide. When security came with a price she was not willing to pay, a high price, there was nothing left. KIW is there, humiliating herself, begging, but she has an expression of contempt and contempt.

Again, even though the ending turned to be tragic for the best actor of the drama RSY, I give him credit and thank him for giving us stellar performance. Again, I must say that Ryu Soo Young was ther reason I watched the drama to the end. Thank you. 

On 5/6/2019 at 1:02 AM, crystaltears said:

loved watching Ryu Soo Young in this! He deserves an award for acting :D 

still waiting for that male version of "Stay with me" OST 4. Why'd they release just the female version when it was sung by a male singer first? :huh:

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/28/2019 at 11:52 AM, Moroodliin said:

I agree. KIW's life was very different from the SJW lifestyle. It does not justify his violence with his wife, but that doesn't mean he cannot love his way. And he loved the YMR. His attitudes are the result of insecurity, because he always knew that the YMR didn't love him. In the second part of the drama, I thought the YMR was even cruel to KIW. In the scene where he stands in front of her to protect her from his father, he cut off his arm and she did not even help him take care of the wound. It's a question of humanity, people! Sad scene, among so many in this drama, is when she tells him that she doesn't love him and he says he is aware of it. He expression of sadness and desolation that he makes is touching

I can see that for many of us this drama lingers  ... many thoughts about what love is What IW did is not love, I can see the comments of many people that think it is but that is romanticizing, a type of brainwashing that so many women are still suffering from: Always to try to understand a guys behavior, how they just have to find the right button to push to get them to heal and show love - and the brainwashing that little boys still suffer from that tells them they cannot have emotions or vulnerability, that they have to constantly prove their masculinity and all those suppressed emotions often turn into control and violence but, no it is not love.  IW could not see MR, he did not know who she was or even really care to find out, it was only his deep seated fear and insecurity that he wanted her to stop,  he looked to her to give him his worth and became violent every time he felt she did not give it ....

In the all too often real cases of so-called ‘domestic’ violence where someone kills his partner or ex partner, then himself, we cannot know the thoughts right before they end their lives but in this fictional version  it seemed to be that he thought, yes he had succeeded in killing her so he could just go and join her,  not because she dared to try to save another guy 

I still wonder, also, if the ‘happy’ ending was not just some sort of dream version because of the heart rate machine flat lining ...

I still find the last episode went way too melodramatic and feel unsatisfactory with the ending 

At least K dramas are trying to broach such serious matters, so these are all baby steps

• 9 months later...

Archived