[Drama 2019] Love in Sadness, 슬플 때 사랑한다

0ly40

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, zenya22 said:

Kang In Wook's father needs to die or Kang In Wook will have no hope of recovery and will end tragically. 

Yep! He worsened everything by living in the same house as his father.

I do not believe that there is enough material to stretch for this many episodes (40 epi); I do not believe that the writer, director, or network fully thought this through. It has now become over-redundant. Come to find out the original version of this drama was 10 episodes. At this point, at least for me, enduring eight more episodes has me feeling like I am Ma Ri & am being dragged down, but not in a "I can't wait until next week" kinda way, but more of a "the finale should have been yesterday" kind of way. I could skip next week because it would be more of the same and maybe a reverse face change. I just cut out until the last 10 minutes of the finale.  I was interested up until now. If they would have extended the chase until one week before the finale with a cliffhanger for the reveal then it might have had a chance, but not now.

That fear is one that the KIW has of his father, it seems child!

Close to his father KIW gets paralyzed by the fear!

Spoiler

Looking the preview, I'm pretty sure that KIW hit YMR again in the drawing  room. :cry:

12 hours ago, zenya22 said:

Kang In Wook's father needs to die or Kang In Wook will have no hope of recovery and will end tragically. 

In my opinion, KIW's father is abusing his son mentally because he is actually covering up his crime. From my point of view, KIW has been brainwashed by his own father who told him that his mother abandoned him by committing suicide. However, I suspect that in reality his mother tried to protect her son, she came back to take him and her husband shot her. She was killed by him. And his own son could have realized that hence he told KIW these lies. He knew what his mother meant to him. By telling him that she committed suicide therefore she abandoned him, the chairman hurt KIW so much so that he wouldn't pay attention to the details and his own memories. That's why the father can insult KIW as weak. He expected, KIW would come to resent his mother for leaving him behind. 

The reason why I suspect that his mother was killed is this:LIS episode 16 KIW mother 1.pngLIS episode 16 KIW mother 2.png

Notice that her wound is on her chest and not on her head. Secondly the way she is holding her gun. In an earlier episode, I had seen the blood on the chest but I thought, this could have been a mistake. However, this time the scene was much longer. KIW never saw his mother's suicide, he only heard the gun shot. And notice that in the preview, he is trying to act like "his mother", point the gun to his head....

The reasons why I suspect the father for killing his wife are the following:

- He was bothered that YMR looked like his wife... he was afraid that this might trigger KIW's memory of this night

- Secondly, he was happy that his son would treat YMR like he did with his wife. Her running away revealed that the lies he had told KIW had worked. 

- Furthermore he talked about betrayal to KIW once while he was hunting. In my opinion, he was talking about betrayal as if he had experienced it himself. So the mother came back to take her son... and she would leave him for real. 

- Finally, he shows so much concern for YMR. Why? Because she could trigger something KIW which would make him realize that he had been manipulated by his father all along.

Therefore I come to the conclusion that KIW could be shot by his father, as the latter is trying to kill YMR. that's how he will realize what happened back then. Now, we know where KIW went in the first episode. The villa looked a lot like the villa YMR was sent after KIW took her from the hospital. The secretary told him that this villa is used by the chairman. That's how KIW will realize what true love is. His mother loved him so much that she risked her own life to take him away from his father.

@zenya22 @lu09 @tiMadam @ktcjdrama Let me know what you think about it!

4 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

@bebebisous33 I like your theory... but why would the father want him to find YMR back then? Wouldn't it better that KIW is without YMR? Why is he insisting that he find her and bring her back?

Because he can control him better. Notice that after her last action, KIW started acting like crazy... with YMR by his side, KIW will release his anger towards her, instead of confronting his father. While YMR was away, the father threatened KIW but the latter didn't move one bit. The father couldn't use fear to his advantage. With YMR by his side, KIW is like a puppy. But since YMR has a different face, it will never go back the way it was. That's why KIW will blackmail YMR by threatening her to commit suicide. I guess, the father will realize that he needs to get rid of YMR. She doesn't look like his wife any longer.

I wanted to know why the Press is in clinical SJW. 

Does the Park Ha-Na will back to drama?

Now i'm liking the performance of Han-byul.

The father of KIW is a handler, lied to the son who didn't care with YMR have the face of his late wife. And that stepmother ... liked that the chairman put it in her due place.

@bebebisous33

I had not thought of that before and I assume she died from suicide.  Looking at it now, I see that make sense.  The father seems suspicious at times and not able to figure him out as far as him letting KIW marry MR.  He also demanding to see her...does he feel a sense of repentance for allowing the marriage?

Also not sure if you notice the painting with the mother with child. 

20 minutes ago, tiMadam said:

@bebebisous33

I had not thought of that before and I assume she died from suicide.  Looking at it now, I see that make sense.  The father seems suspicious at times and not able to figure him out as far as him letting KIW marry MR.  He also demanding to see her...does he feel a sense of repentance for allowing the marriage?

Also not sure if you notice the painting with the mother with child. 

No I didn't. Could you tell me in which scene it appeared?

However, I can not write any analysis any longer because I am about to travel for one week.

2 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

No I didn't. Could you tell me in which scene it appeared?

However, I can not write any analysis any longer because I am about to travel for one week.

It's fine .  it was when Mari was running away from KIW.  here is a pic.  I gues I thought a mother's embrace as I looked at it.  For me it shows what KIW is missing.  His mother's embrace...that love.

IqE0F0d.jpg

14 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

In my opinion, KIW's father is abusing his son mentally because he is actually covering up his crime. From my point of view, KIW has been brainwashed by his own father who told him that his mother abandoned him by committing suicide. However, I suspect that in reality his mother tried to protect her son, she came back to take him and her husband shot her. She was killed by him. And his own son could have realized that hence he told KIW these lies. He knew what his mother meant to him. By telling him that she committed suicide therefore she abandoned him, the chairman hurt KIW so much so that he wouldn't pay attention to the details and his own memories. That's why the father can insult KIW as weak. He expected, KIW would come to resent his mother for leaving him behind. 

The reason why I suspect that his mother was killed is this:

14 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

Notice that her wound is on her chest and not on her head. Secondly the way she is holding her gun. In an earlier episode, I had seen the blood on the chest but I thought, this could have been a mistake. However, this time the scene was much longer. KIW never saw his mother's suicide, he only heard the gun shot. And notice that in the preview, he is trying to act like "his mother", point the gun to his head....

The reasons why I suspect the father for killing his wife are the following:

- He was bothered that YMR looked like his wife... he was afraid that this might trigger KIW's memory of this night

- Secondly, he was happy that his son would treat YMR like he did with his wife. Her running away revealed that the lies he had told KIW had worked. 

- Furthermore he talked about betrayal to KIW once while he was hunting. In my opinion, he was talking about betrayal as if he had experienced it himself. So the mother came back to take her son... and she would leave him for real. 

- Finally, he shows so much concern for YMR. Why? Because she could trigger something KIW which would make him realize that he had been manipulated by his father all along.

Therefore I come to the conclusion that KIW could be shot by his father, as the latter is trying to kill YMR. that's how he will realize what happened back then. Now, we know where KIW went in the first episode. The villa looked a lot like the villa YMR was sent after KIW took her from the hospital. The secretary told him that this villa is used by the chairman. That's how KIW will realize what true love is. His mother loved him so much that she risked her own life to take him away from his father.

It makes real sense. I have always doubted if KIW's mom really committed suicide but I just went with what IW said that he saw his mother shoot herself with a gun. But after reading your analysis I went back to the two scenes as KIW remembered it and now I see that he really did not see his mother shoot herself but rather he heard the gunshot and ran to what seems to be his parents' bedroom and saw his mother on the floor and his father standing over her body. On both scenarios, nowhere does it show that IW witnessed his mother shooting herself, rather he saw his mother on the floor. The reason why he remembered it was a gunshot was because he heard the shot. If that is the case then I agree that It makes sense that Kang Il Kook told his son that his mother shot herself in the head. And it seems that Kang Il Kook hurriedly buried his wife and made the incident hush hush and removed all traces of her memory inorder to put the incident under the rug. But he could not erase the memory of the death of his wife from the son and the loving memories between the mother and her son from IW's consciousness. In fact what the father did made the memories of his mother stronger for IW, but yes, the father telling IW everytime he had a chance, that IW's mother left and only came back because of IW and then killed herself hurt the young IW deeply. Not only did the young IW feel guilty that he was the reason for her mom returning to the abuse of his father, and he could not protect his mother but also feels abandoned when mom "killed herself". Now, it makes sense when he says to Ma Ri "I will protect you" is about protecting MR from his father. 

I think though that the father might be aiming to kill Ma Ri and drive the son crazy. Kang Il Kook tells IW, "your mother killed herself and left you, that is why you are like this". It is as if KIK is punishing the dead wife for leaving him through the son. Killing Ma Ri would be more cruel. "your wife left you and gone to the arms of another man". KIK also says to himself that IW glares at him the way the mother did and it torments him. I think what torments him is what he did to his wife that he might have murdered her?

But however and whoever shot IW at the swimming pool, I think that and hope that the dog, the secretary and the detective will team up to save him. I do hope that when IW realizes what happened to his mother that he will leave his father.

The cat and mouse scenes has become routine that it is no longer a thriller but a filler. I hope they get to the pool scene next weekend already. These weekends episodes with MR and JW were written so poorly for both characters. It is as if go ahead go back to the man who is trying to kill you. 

One scene though with IW and Ma Ri that underscores the importance of the former Ma Ri's face to IW was when Ma Ri was alone in the bedroom and IW arrives and Ma Ri was standing with her back to him. IW embraces her from the back saying "I love the times when I come home and I find you here waiting for me like this". Then he turns her around and saw HK's face on Ma Ri and IW actually withdraws as if shocked. Something he never did with the former MR. He can't get used to that face. 

17 hours ago, tiMadam said:

It's fine .  it was when Mari was running away from KIW.  here is a pic.  I gues I thought a mother's embrace as I looked at it.  For me it shows what KIW is missing.  His mother's embrace...that love.

Cool, I had not noticed that either.

12 hours ago, zenya22 said:

It makes real sense. I have always doubted if KIW's mom really committed suicide but I just went with what IW said that he saw his mother shoot herself with a gun. But after reading your analysis I went back to the two scenes as KIW remembered it and now I see that he really did not see his mother shoot herself but rather he heard the gunshot and ran to what seems to be his parents' bedroom and saw his mother on the floor and his father standing over her body. On both scenarios, nowhere does it show that IW witnessed his mother shooting herself, rather he saw his mother on the floor. The reason why he remembered it was a gunshot was because he heard the shot. If that is the case then I agree that It makes sense that Kang Il Kook told his son that his mother shot herself in the head. And it seems that Kang Il Kook hurriedly buried his wife and made the incident hush hush and removed all traces of her memory inorder to put the incident under the rug. But he could not erase the memory of the death of his wife from the son and the loving memories between the mother and her son from IW's consciousness. In fact what the father did made the memories of his mother stronger for IW, but yes, the father telling IW everytime he had a chance, that IW's mother left and only came back because of IW and then killed herself hurt the young IW deeply. Not only did the young IW feel guilty that he was the reason for her mom returning to the abuse of his father, and he could not protect his mother but also feels abandoned when mom "killed herself". Now, it makes sense when he says to Ma Ri "I will protect you" is about protecting MR from his father. 

I think though that the father might be aiming to kill Ma Ri and drive the son crazy. Kang Il Kook tells IW, "your mother killed herself and left you, that is why you are like this". It is as if KIK is punishing the dead wife for leaving him through the son. Killing Ma Ri would be more cruel. "your wife left you and gone to the arms of another man". KIK also says to himself that IW glares at him the way the mother did and it torments him. I think what torments him is what he did to his wife that he might have murdered her?

But however and whoever shot IW at the swimming pool, I think that and hope that the dog, the secretary and the detective will team up to save him. I do hope that when IW realizes what happened to his mother that he will leave his father.

The cat and mouse scenes has become routine that it is no longer a thriller but a filler. I hope they get to the pool scene next weekend already. These weekends episodes with MR and JW were written so poorly for both characters. It is as if go ahead go back to the man who is trying to kill you. 

One scene though with IW and Ma Ri that underscores the importance of the former Ma Ri's face to IW was when Ma Ri was alone in the bedroom and IW arrives and Ma Ri was standing with her back to him. IW embraces her from the back saying "I love the times when I come home and I find you here waiting for me like this". Then he turns her around and saw HK's face on Ma Ri and IW actually withdraws as if shocked. Something he never did with the former MR. He can't get used to that face. 

I agree with you, KYW will never get used to the new face of YMR. I don't even get used to it, it seems strange to see her with him.

I also want to see what he's going to do about his father. I think it would be right for him to leave here at home. He will be removed from the position of President of the company. But maybe he tried to kill himself, because he wouldn't have anything else to lose, anyway.

The curious thing is that KIW didn't destroy JHR, but he is destroying the life of Dr. HA and, of course, he will destroying the life of SJW.

2 hours ago, juli® said:

The curious thing is that KIW didn't destroy JHR, but he is destroying the life of Dr. HA and, of course, he will destroying the life of SJW.

JHR has no significance in his life except for her use as an informant but HR lied and withheld information from him. JHR wanted his money for her ambition and that is how KIW can destroy her. All KIW has to do is void the contract since HR breached the contract when she lied and did not fulfill her part of the business agreement. That is how he can destroy HR where she will lose her small gallery and business reputation. No one will ever hire her again. IW's attention is now focused on Ma Ri and his father whom he is trying to pacify . Dr Ha destroyed his life on his own when he abandoned HK unconscious at the scene of accident. Ha's misdeed would have been found out and his life as a doctor finished if not by IW by someone else, the golden rule.Remember that the other driver in the collision had the tape and gave a copy to IW.  I don't know if JW will have the guts to confront him when he will know the truth but He Ra would have.

13 hours ago, zenya22 said:

JHR has no significance in his life except for her use as an informant but HR lied and withheld information from him. JHR wanted his money for her ambition and that is how KIW can destroy her. All KIW has to do is void the contract since HR breached the contract when she lied and did not fulfill her part of the business agreement. That is how he can destroy HR where she will lose her small gallery and business reputation. No one will ever hire her again. IW's attention is now focused on Ma Ri and his father whom he is trying to pacify . Dr Ha destroyed his life on his own when he abandoned HK unconscious at the scene of accident. Ha's misdeed would have been found out and his life as a doctor finished if not by IW by someone else, the golden rule.Remember that the other driver in the collision had the tape and gave a copy to IW.  I don't know if JW will have the guts to confront him when he will know the truth but He Ra would have.

But that's what I'm talking about. JHR got his money, but I think KIW is so focused on YMR and getting revenge on SJW, he did not even remember her.

And @zenya22 I need to give you the credit, you were right when you said the YMR had intimacy with KIW before she ran away. I thought they did not because she did not get pregnant. Good girl!

@zenya22 You said "The PD and writers have implied, suggested denoted in many ways the many times she was beaten, therefore they really don't have to show them doing, either the beating or the bedding. The writers and the PD assume that we read between the lines, (my thinking)."

I have admit it I'm too much practice to understand between the lines. The situation has to be direct, shown or spoken in the drama. I struggle, but I assumed that if it is not so, I don't understand.

Archived