[Drama 2019] Love in Sadness, 슬플 때 사랑한다

0ly40

2 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

I hope so. Besides needing more supporters on YMR's side, we really do need someone who can rein KIW in. But at this point, I can't see any fangs from the younger brother yet. He seems to be rather weak and helpless for now. It will take some time before he would find out that YMR has a new face now. And even then, will he have the same feelings of closeness as with the YMR with old face? We haven't been shown enough to determine how close is the bond between them...

I doubt the younger brother will be able to stand up to In-Wook; he seems very sheltered by his mother and completely intimidated and overpowered by his father and brother. So far the only person that In-Wook shows wariness is his father, he and his secretary are both careful to keep the search for Ma-Ri quiet so that his father won't find out, for some reason. He even said that if his father found out, they'll both be finished. Hmm, I wonder why. :huh:

Ma-Ri and the brother seem close, she even tried to protect him from getting slapped by the father. And it's clear that the siblings don't talk, yet he still mustered up courage to ask In-Wook about Ma-Ri. 

~

Just one more rant about Hae-Ra: I was never able to pinpoint what it was that bugged me so much about her behavior towards Jung-Won, but now I can say that it's her lack of respect towards his feelings. She needs to stop denying and finding excuses for what he's feeling, regardless of whether she feels that Ha-Kyung and even Ma-Ri are worthy of his love, dedication, and sacrifices. The important thing is that Jung-Won is doing this because he wants to, so she needs to respect his wishes and back off.

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JWs house is so warm and cozy.

The part with the flowers, the sound of the teapot...

MR could have stayed, but she didnt want to make use

of the situation.

JW wanted her to stay, but he didnt hold her back.

He let her decide on her own what she wants to do.

15 hours ago, MidnightRain said:

There was absolutely nothing that he could have done when his father threatened him with a golf club forcing him to call his mother home. Nothing. But that doesn't stop him from feeling guilt and all sorts of other emotions that are eating at him and still affects him till this day. 

Sadly, he would repeat his father's behavior. Like his father said, he raised In-Wook up to be completely like him, and even when other people are uncertain about his motives and reasonings, his father understands him. I don't think In-Wook wants to follow his father's footsteps, but I don't think he can help or stop or control himself either. 

I totally agree with you. He will not change without psychological/ psychiatrist help , but I don't know if he will be able to do it without Ma-Ri by his side.

13 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

I hope so. Besides needing more supporters on YMR's side, we really do need someone who can rein KIW in. But at this point, I can't see any fangs from the younger brother yet. He seems to be rather weak and helpless for now. It will take some time before he would find out that YMR has a new face now. And even then, will he have the same feelings of closeness as with the YMR with old face? We haven't been shown enough to determine how close is the bond between them...

I think the only person who could control it, after all, is Ma-Ri herself. The problem is that now she has changed her face, so we don't know how IW will react when he finds out. Being so dependent on her, I don't know how he still manages to focus on work with the absence of his obsession.

26 minutes ago, juli® said:

I totally agree with you. He will not change without psychological/ psychiatrist help , but I don't know if he will be able to do it without Ma-Ri by his side.

I think the only person who could control it, after all, is Ma-Ri herself. The problem is that now she has changed her face, so we don't know how IW will react when she finds out. Being so dependent on her, I don't know how he still manages to focus on work with the absence of his obsession.

KIW needs to first acknowledge that he has a problem that requires professional help. Without this first step, he will continue to be a tyrant in the relationship, on top of being the male.

I see no love from him for YMR, only a blind possessiveness, and I don't see MR as having any kind of feelings for him except for fear, much less love. So I really doubt that YMR will be able to stay beside him or qualify as his supporter. Especially since YMR is the object of his violence, it is best that she is removed far away from him.

@ktcjdrama @JuliR YMR is actually the trigger for his obsessive behavior and his violence hence she can be no help for WIK by remaining by his side. I would compare her to a "drug" hence her husband needs to cut ties with her in order to be able to heal. But like you mentioned it above, first KIW needs to realize his own issues (his obsession, his abusive behavior) which will never happen. He has already internalized his father's teaching. 

@MidnightRain Yes, the brother looks weak and young compared to KIW hence he doesn't look like a real thread. However, I see some potential here because he has the support of his mother who will do anything in order to have her son recognized as heir. Secondly, the moment he realizes that his own brother has even abused YMR and she was even able to stop his own father to beat him, he might change and become stronger. I also believe that since YMR views KIW as her enemy, her mother-in-law could see in YMR a potential tool in order to weaken KIW so that her son can get the inheritance, the company.   

13 hours ago, MidnightRain said:

I doubt the younger brother will be able to stand up to In-Wook; he seems very sheltered by his mother and completely intimidated and overpowered by his father and brother. So far the only person that In-Wook shows wariness is his father, he and his secretary are both careful to keep the search for Ma-Ri quiet so that his father won't find out, for some reason. He even said that if his father found out, they'll both be finished. Hmm, I wonder why. :huh:

Ma-Ri and the brother seem close, she even tried to protect him from getting slapped by the father. And it's clear that the siblings don't talk, yet he still mustered up courage to ask In-Wook about Ma-Ri. 

~

Just one more rant about Hae-Ra: I was never able to pinpoint what it was that bugged me so much about her behavior towards Jung-Won, but now I can say that it's her lack of respect towards his feelings. She needs to stop denying and finding excuses for what he's feeling, regardless of whether she feels that Ha-Kyung and even Ma-Ri are worthy of his love, dedication, and sacrifices. The important thing is that Jung-Won is doing this because he wants to, so she needs to respect his wishes and back off.

I would like to know too... 

I like Hae-Ra, I understand her frustration at not being noticed when she likes SJW so much.

On 3/11/2019 at 3:42 PM, bebebisous33 said:

But I have the impression that KIW's younger brother might become another protector of YMR. KIW is nothing without the company, so if he doesn't become the heir, KIW can no longer search for YMR and even will have trouble to buy people. In the beginning, we saw a person in white with two bodyguards living in a huge villa and KIW drove his car there. Later he got shot... so what if the bodyguards were hired by his brother and they had received the order to protect YMR at any cost.

Not quite, KIW appeared on TV as the talented CEO and heir of the empire. Even if the father thinks about it, he will never give up being the heir. Other than who, who will the father choose? Because his brother has no conditions, he does not even work!

That's the big question, who kills KIW? It's because? And why did SJW run after him? And it was the same house? Many questions...

5 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

KIW needs to first acknowledge that he has a problem that requires professional help. Without this first step, he will continue to be a tyrant in the relationship, on top of being the male.

I see no love from him for YMR, only a blind possessiveness, and I don't see MR as having any kind of feelings for him except for fear, much less love. So I really doubt that YMR will be able to stay beside him or qualify as his supporter. Especially since YMR is the object of his violence, it is best that she is removed far away from him.

Maybe only Ma-Ri can do it. Now with a new face, I don't know anymore.

Yes, but seeing how he acts with all the other people, I think the only person who calms him is her. And what did he mean by "Cannot you live the way I want for my good and for a little while?" What did he mean with this?

5 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

@ktcjdrama @JuliR YMR is actually the trigger for his obsessive behavior and his violence hence she can be no help for WIK by remaining by his side. I would compare her to a "drug" hence her husband needs to cut ties with her in order to be able to heal. But like you mentioned it above, first KIW needs to realize his own issues (his obsession, his abusive behavior) which will never happen. He has already internalized his father's teaching. 

@MidnightRain Yes, the brother looks weak and young compared to KIW hence he doesn't look like a real thread. However, I see some potential here because he has the support of his mother who will do anything in order to have her son recognized as heir. Secondly, the moment he realizes that his own brother has even abused YMR and she was even able to stop his own father to beat him, he might change and become stronger. I also believe that since YMR views KIW as her enemy, her mother-in-law could see in YMR a potential tool in order to weaken KIW so that her son can get the inheritance, the company.   

I personally don't believe it, but let's see how the story unfolds.

Interesting Considerations

Is it harsh to ask what kind of age range you are Juli? I find your point of view and sympathy pretty disconcerting to say the least, especially with what we know and have been shown so far in the show.

And to clarify my point before - I have no issue with the lead character being nice, I just think the looks/voice/mannerisms of the lead exacerbate it too much, and in a show where you want him to be able to protect/help the female lead . Basically I'm not the biggest fan of the actor.

1 hour ago, anony12345 said:

Is it harsh to ask what kind of age range you are Juli? I find your point of view and sympathy pretty disconcerting to say the least, especially with what we know and have been shown so far in the show.

And to clarify my point before - I have no issue with the lead character being nice, I just think the looks/voice/mannerisms of the lead exacerbate it too much, and in a show where you want him to be able to protect/help the female lead . Basically I'm not the biggest fan of the actor.

What actor? What does this have to do with age? For me, the best of this show, at this stage, are KIW and JHR. Just a matter of opinion. Respect it as I respect your own. And to be honest,  And to be honest, if you refer to So Young, I no even know the actor, I've never seen a show from him before, I just saw some YouTube videos indicated by his fans and just to compare the characters. And, I should say, your opinion is a minority, most are loving the work of the two actors, PHN and SY. Like I said, it's just a matter of opinion. If you refer to the actor who plays SJW, well, it's not his that I do not like, it's the character. Different opinion, nothing more. No offense

Any news about OST? They said they were going to release one per week. I didn't see anything on the Web.

16 minutes ago, juli® said:

What actor? What does this have to do with age? For me, the best of this show, at this stage, are KIW and JHR. Just a matter of opinion. Respect it as I respect your own. And to be honest,  And to be honest, if you refer to So Young, I no even know the actor, I've never seen a show from him before, I just saw some YouTube videos indicated by his fans and just to compare the characters. And, I should say, your opinion is a minority, most are loving the work of the two actors, PHN and SY. Like I said, it's just a matter of opinion. If you refer to the actor who plays SJW, well, it's not his that I do not like, it's the character. Different opinion, nothing more. No offense

That second paragraph was for someone else and not directed at you which might have made my post confusing - not a fan of this quoting system, my bad.

The point of view of yours I find disconcerting is in regard to the character KIW and his relationship with MR - nothing about the actors as I don't really care for any of them

1 hour ago, anony12345 said:

That second paragraph was for someone else and not directed at you which might have made my post confusing - not a fan of this quoting system, my bad.

The point of view of yours I find disconcerting is in regard to the character KIW and his relationship with MR - nothing about the actors as I don't really care for any of them

It's OK, I'm sorry, I had no intention of being rude.

10 minutes ago, juli® said:

It's OK, I'm sorry, I had no intention of being rude.

You weren't being rude so nothing to be sorry about - I'm just struggling to understand how you've ended up viewing KIW and his relationship with MR the way you have.

8 hours ago, juli® said:

I think the only person who could control it, after all, is Ma-Ri herself. The problem is that now she has changed her face, so we don't know how IW will react when he finds out. Being so dependent on her, I don't know how he still manages to focus on work with the absence of his obsession.

The first healthy step for In-Wook would be to realize and acknowledge that having Ma-Ri around will not be the end solution to all his problems and issues. She is not the cure-all drug to his unresolved childhood trauma, he needs to know that only he can help himself. 

I don't think Ma-Ri can reel In-Wook in, if she could, she would be having a much different marriage, career, and life with In-Wook. The only way she can "calm" him down is to live according to how he wants, which is basically becoming completely and solely dependent on In-Wook. Ma-Ri is not In-Wook's stepmother though, she refuses to part with her own identity and self-esteem for the sake of wealth and status. 

32 minutes ago, MidnightRain said:

The first healthy step for In-Wook would be to realize and acknowledge that having Ma-Ri around will not be the end solution to all his problems and issues. She is not the cure-all drug to his unresolved childhood trauma, he needs to know that only he can help himself. 

I don't think Ma-Ri can reel In-Wook in, if she could, she would be having a much different marriage, career, and life with In-Wook. The only way she can "calm" him down is to live according to how he wants, which is basically becoming completely and solely dependent on In-Wook. Ma-Ri is not In-Wook's stepmother though, she refuses to part with her own identity and self-esteem for the sake of wealth and status. 

Maybe something will change because this time he cannot find her like other times she tried to run away.

Well, so far, and so on, I'm sure of one thing: one of them will have to die for the other to start life again.

Didn't you, guys, notice something? KIW is aggressive with everyone, but it is especially with women.

The theme of this drama is not something I seek out to watch but I have a soft spot for Ryu Soo Young so I took a peek.  My contradiction is I want to watch this for the crazy husband but then I can't bear to see his bad ending.  I just hope that this drama will not make him a bad guy through and through until the end.  It will be nice to see him change gradually into a man with a healthy mentality and live a happy life with a woman he loves.

2 hours ago, anony12345 said:

You weren't being rude so nothing to be sorry about - I'm just struggling to understand how you've ended up viewing KIW and his relationship with MR the way you have.

It's because his case is specific. I don't condone violence against women, but there is more to KIW's behavior than we all know. I think the show will not follow that line of reasoning, but I still think Ma-Ri is the only one who can change his behavior. He only gets violent when she tries to escape. She would need to rescue that affectionate man from before. There is hope because he still remembers the happy moments.

1 hour ago, Shinobu said:

The theme of this drama is not something I seek out to watch but I have a soft spot for Ryu Soo Young so I took a peek.  My contradiction is I want to watch this for the crazy husband but then I can't bear to see his bad ending.  I just hope that this drama will not make him a bad guy through and through until the end.  It will be nice to see him change gradually into a man with a healthy mentality and live a happy life with a woman he loves.

I wish it was Ma-Ri. I do not think he's going to love another woman the way he loves his wife, he's crazy about her and he's out of control, trying to find her. He had several crises of nonconformity inside his car. She cried and asked her to come back and comfort him.

I really do not believe KIW can love another woman other than Ma-Ri. There is no denying that he has feelings for her, not just obsession. He even cared about her when night fell in torrential rain and he said she was out in the rain, cold and terrified.

And several times he was affectionate with her, praising her, embracing her with ardor, saying that she liked when she smiled, asking her to smile ... He needs to understand what he does and not repeat his father's behavior.

Now, people, what interpretation of the actress who does the Hae-ra when she spoke of Ha Kyung to SJW, huh... :glasses:

On 3/11/2019 at 10:42 AM, bebebisous33 said:

But I have the impression that KIW's younger brother might become another protector of YMR. KIW is nothing without the company, so if he doesn't become the heir, KIW can no longer search for YMR and even will have trouble to buy people. In the beginning, we saw a person in white with two bodyguards living in a huge villa and KIW drove his car there. Later he got shot... so what if the bodyguards were hired by his brother and they had received the order to protect YMR at any cost.

Hmmmmm....interesting twist of the origina' " “Utsukushii hito”,s high school kid, hope they make it not so apparent as in the original. 

Yes, I'm hoping that the more he interacts with her, SJW will become less passive and more active/aggressive in protecting YMR from WIK

@ktcjdrama  yes he will because as we see here with IW, the "rescue" with the facial reconstruction is not going to be the end game and he will soon know and  how he tries to get MR back and his reaction go her changed face. I suspect, HR will have a lot of involvement here. Maybe there will even be a reversal of roles where JW will be the one "chasing" to save Ma Ri and MR trying to save him from IW. 

3 hours ago, zenya22 said:

Hmmmmm....interesting twist of the original' " “Utsukushii hito”,s high school kid, hope they make it not so apparent as in the original. 

@ktcjdrama  yes he will because as we see here with IW, the "rescue" with the facial reconstruction is not going to be the end game and he will soon know and  how he tries to get MR back and his reaction go her changed face. I suspect, HR will have a lot of involvement here. Maybe there will even be a reversal of roles where JW will be the one "chasing" to save Ma Ri and MR trying to save him from IW. 

Well, in the past SJW never intervened between WHK and HR because he thought, they were best friends. Since her outburst, I hope that SJW is starting to realize that HR is not the person he thought she was. So if he has to chase, then he needs to go after HR. I hope, this week we will see him putting some boundaries. The mantis needs to leave its flower... she hides behind SJW, therefore the latter needs to chase her away. 

Archived