Episodes: 40

Network: MBC

Genre: Romance, Drama

Airdate: February 23rd - April 27th, 2019

Airtime: Saturdays @ 21:00 KST

Director: Choi Yi Sub

Writer: Song Jung Rim

Synopsis:

The drama is described as being the story of a romance with life and death consequences. The main leads are a woman who is being chased, a man who is chasing after her, and the man who helps to hide her from her chaser. There will be perilous pursuits, secret desires, and social commentary.

Cast:

Ji Hyun Woo as Seo Jung Won

300_400_s.jpg

Park Han Byul as Yoon Ma Ri

300_400_ma.jpg

Ryu Soo Young as Kang In Wook

300_400_kang.jpg

Wang Bit Na as Joo Hae Ra

300_400_j.jpg

Character Chart:

cast-v1.jpg

01.Soompi code of conduct SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!

Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. 

Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

OST

part 1

part 2

Spoiler

part 3

part 4

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2019] Love in Sadness, 슬플 때 사랑한다 - Saturdays @ 21:00 KST - Ji Hyun Woo, Park Han Byul & Ryu Soo Young - Premieres on February 23rd, 2019
  • Guest locked this topic
  • Guest unlocked this topic
  • Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/11/2019 at 8:36 PM, MidnightRain said:

I've been waiting for this show ever since they announced it, since I have seen a bit of the original and enjoyed it. Although I find it funny that the abusive husband in the Korean remake version is a chaebol lol. Kdramas love their chaebols

yeah, me too, saw the J original and was thinking the husband would be like that in the jdrama but he is chaebol, and yeah it is kdrama 

On 2/17/2019 at 1:24 PM, zenya22 said:

I am curious to see this show as I saw the original and also because of the comparison to LMIH which had the same premise as this show. The original is short and to the point. The teasers are intense. Can't wait

I remember reading somewhere that LMIH is getting sued by the Japanese production company for plagiarism. This is supposed to be the official remake.

1 hour ago, zenya22 said:

yeah, me too, saw the J original and was thinking the husband would be like that in the jdrama but he is chaebol, and yeah it is kdrama 

Yup, I thought they were gonna follow the original and make the husband a poor policeman, but it ain't a proper kdrama without a chaebol in the mix lol. Although I guess it makes sense in a way since he's supposed to have unlimited resources dedicated to hunting down his wife and the ability to terrorize the protagonists. I have never seen Ryu Soo Young in a full out antagonist role so it'll be interesting. :)

On 2/20/2019 at 5:49 PM, MidnightRain said:

I remember reading somewhere that LMIH is getting sued by the Japanese production company for plagiarism. This is supposed to be the official remake.

Yup, I thought they were gonna follow the original and make the husband a poor policeman, but it ain't a proper kdrama without a chaebol in the mix lol. Although I guess it makes sense in a way since he's supposed to have unlimited resources dedicated to hunting down his wife and the ability to terrorize the protagonists. I have never seen Ryu Soo Young in a full out antagonist role so it'll be interesting. :)

Yes, I am a fan of LMIH and there was a discussion about the suit against LMIH because of the similraties to the original J drama which is true except that LMIH added some other stories of other characters however the main premise were very similar but the abusive husband was also chaebol in LMIH. I think that suit actually gained attention to this remake Love in Sadness. I was also surprised but delighted to see Ryu Soo Young playing the antagonist. I agree, it will be interesting. In the Jdrama the policeman also had resources, being that he is a  policeman who had access to information. However, this remake with chaebol makes for a more engaging story especially when played by a veteran actor who played nice guy roles before. 

• Guest changed the title to [Current Drama 2019] Love in Sadness, 슬플 때 사랑한다 - Saturdays @ 21:00 KST - Ji Hyun Woo, Park Han Byul & Ryu Soo Young - Premieres TONIGHT
  • Guest changed the title to [Current Drama 2019] Love in Sadness, 슬플 때 사랑한다 - Saturdays @ 21:00 KST

Whoa, this drama started with a BANG literally... bang, bang and someone falls bloodied in the swimming pool. The drama is exploding intensely dark. Funny that Dr Seo was reading Wuthering Heights and the a soliloquy from Heathcliff talking to Cathy. Yet, Heathcliff was once in love with Cathy until she dumped him and married a more afluent man. Heathcliff goes to seek his fortune and comes back to mete revenge on his once loved Cathy and her ilk. Here, our obsessed man, Kang In Wook is a born chaebol who blazes fifty shades of darkness, not even gray, just dark. His mom was abused by his dad who tried to run away unsuccessfully so kills herself to get free. Her son now marries a woman who looks like his mother and that poor woman gets treated much the same as his mother. Man... In Wook is unbelievably warped. I was screaming at the screen when In Wook first proposed to Mari after a month of knowing each other and not even given time to properly date her and make her fall in love with him. But In Wook already got all the information he needed to convince her to marry him and it was more like a business proposal, no confession of love. All his actions and words screamed DANGER, run, girl, run. But it was too late, much too late. 

In the meantime we have the beautiful, gallery owner but stupid Ha Kyung married to the kind, handsome and princely plastic surgeon who seems to adore her. But she drives away to the airport with her stupid lover in tow who tries to make out with her while she was driving. I mean, hire a driver and  make out in the back of the car or get a room. Geeezzzz. Ha Kyung and lover gets into an accident hit by the white truck of doom and beautiful but foolish woman ends up in a coma. 

Mari in the meantime learns about Dr. Seo, the well known plastic surgeon whose mission is to help his patients have a better life with reconstructive surgery. She goes to plead for him to help her change her face therefore save her life. Ahhhhh, the suspense heightens... what will happen to Ha Kyung... will Dr Seo finally help Mari and change her face? 

I must say, that the weekend dramas are really getting good. Have to wait till Saturday to see what happens next. 

8 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

that summary that you posted sounds so similar to Let Me Introduce Her. Hmmm. I don’t know if I want to watch it if it’s too similar.

@celebrianna similar to LMIH except there seems to be no amnesia plot here and the actors who play the before and after surgery wives look similar unlike in LMIH where the after surgery wife seemed like a whole different person. And here there is no holding back of the obsessed man from the start of the drama, he shows his darkness. I think there will be more suspense generated between the 2 men, obssessed husband vs surgeon unlike in LMIH where the suspense was created by the crazy butler. I think this will be more "watching at the edge of the seat" kind of suspense. Hope that helps

Watched the first hour and it has peaked my interest - some interesting plot threads and can see it getting a bit twisted. Will watch the second hour later.

Can I just say that despite having to look depressed for 99% of the first hour the lead actress is drop dead beautiful. How have I never come across her before. Jeez

Have never come across any of the leads on this show before actually - wish the man guy was a bit more masculine? his looks, voice and even down to his mannerisms are very feminine. Probably answered in the second hour but i wonder if the girl in the coma is his sister or wife

Anyway will write my proper thoughts after I've finished the second hour, really just wanted to drop by to say the lead female actress is an absolute beaut.

Archived