[Drama 2019] Love in Sadness, 슬플 때 사랑한다

0ly40

So FAR, the drama is really slow, but that may not be a bad thing. I do think that they should have spent a bit more time as it relates to the doctor's wife>that cheating hoochee (lol :D), but perhaps it will be fleshed out later. I am souring for the Japanese version without success.

The only complaint I have about this drama is the horrendous music soundtrack/OST; make it stop! Otherwise, I am able to connect with all of the characters so much. I felt the torture supremely with all of the characters. This drama reminds me of the film that Julia Roberts starred in titled, "Sleeping with the enemy."

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/24/2019 at 7:38 PM, MidnightRain said:

What kinda weirds me out is the emphasis that he puts on her appearance -- he even dictates her outfits, and he talks an awful lot about being the only one to see her, whether it's her smile or the outline of her body. And couple that with her looking like his mom... :huh::unsure:

I think she just mirrrors his mom's demeanor and not literally that she looks like his mom. She is weak and having a change in her face will make her grow stronger.

18 hours ago, foreverempress said:

I am souring for the Japanese version without success.

Here is the info for the Japanese version. Just search for the Japanese title Utsukushii Hito. It is in You Tube 

• Title: 美しい人
  • Title (romaji): Utsukushii Hito
  • Also known as: Le Bel Homme / Beauty

Even though I still can't wrap my head around the mom look alike and wife look alike, I forgot to say this.

One of the best quotes and every woman should say:

"I don't want to live as your woman. I want to live as me."

giphy.gif

Thank you, MR!

To all women out there, don't ever let a man try to control you or tell you what you should be! Live for yourself! Be what you want, do what you want! Love yourself!

I watched this because of LMIH, but wow this drama is so intense right off the bat. I want to watch the original one now too.

You know there's something wrong with the guy when he wants to propose so soon like that :crazy:  he was more creepy in that scene than romantic...

I knew he was behind that phone call, this guy is more psycho than the anchor guy even though I hate them both. Her reason for wanting to change her face makes more sense in this than LMIH.

The OSTs are good but that rock song playing (whenever something bad happens) feels out of place? 

I can't wait for more episodes! Anyone recommend other dramas like this?

On 2/23/2019 at 9:43 PM, anony12345 said:

Can I just say that despite having to look depressed for 99% of the first hour the lead actress is drop dead beautiful. How have I never come across her before.

Yes, she is beautiful and no wonder the psycho fell for her. The actress Park Ha Na also is so good in the first episodes as the abused wife. I can see feel her desperation and fear. I have not come across her either in any dramas I have watched. I hope to see more of her. 

Anyway back to the drama:

Jung Won played the L'elisir d'amore? while drinking his tea amidst his plants, the opera he was going to take his wife to see. In L'elisir d'amore, the story revolves on the courtship of a man of the woman he loved to prove his love for her against his rival. The ending of the opera was happy ending as the hero won the love of his woman. So, Jung Won wanted to see the opera with his wife to prove a point that he loved his wife more than his rival? Later he got a call from "mom" whom was caring for his comatose wife to visit. While there, he started reading Wuthering Heights, the part of the book where Heathcliff asked why Cathy betrayed him while the background OST instrumental music was playing and he was holding his comatose wife, Ha Kyung's hand. So, that scene seems to be hinting that  Jung Won knows that  Ha Kyung did betray him. Also the man Cathy married in Wuthering Heights was a neighbor and both known to Cathy and Heathcliff, so it could also mean that the man Ha Kyung was cheating with is close to both of them and that could be the surgeon partner of Jung Won as was already posted by others and Jung Won is aware of him and Ha Kyung.  

Also in the J drama, the surgeon had a high school daughter and here there is no daughter but a friend of Ha Kyung, the art gallery curator. I hope they don't make the curator same as butler Jang in LMIH because it could diminish the intensity of the suspense. I hope the drama focuses on the thriller, the means by which the husband will look for his run away wife.

The actress Park Ha Na is doing a good job.

I have been thinking about her remark: she complained that her "face" was the reason for her unhappiness and tragedy. Now, she is about to get a new face and this time, she will look like the doctor's wife. Someone might think that she is definitely cursed due to her face. However, I have the impression that the doctor won't give her the face of his wife because he misses his wife, it will be more for a strategic reason. She doesn't need a new ID with fake documents. So with the face of the "wife", YMR will experience how a husband takes care of his wife... she will experience normality and even love. Sure, at some point, she will question if the doctor fell in love with her due to her face or due to her personality. Moreover, YMR will discover what the wife did in the past: the lover will try to rekindle with her... 

I watched the beginning of the first episode again and this time, something caught my attention: there are three persons in the villa. Two men dressed in black with one person dressed in white. So the men are standing like bodyguards which made me realize that the man falling into the swimming pool, YMR's husband will be shot by the bodyguard after being warned not to approach YMR.

YMR is actually working on it, when her husband Kang In Wook enters her painting studio. He remarks that this painting and this flower resembles her a lot, hence she decides to title this picture “a self-portray”. image.pngLooking at the painting itself, the beholder observes two things:

• the darkness of the picture: we see a dead wood, she even used a lot of black and brown
  • First, we have two flowers. Furthermore their white color contrast so much to the surrounding. Since the flowers are blossomed, they indicate that their withering is about to happen, especially due to the environment.

So since it is a self-portray, it actually symbolizes her actual situation: she is in a terrible situation. Her husband is embodied by the dead wood, he can not bring her happiness and life, actually he is the reason why she is perishing. Her world is cold and she feels lonely. There is no light, so there is no hope. If you look now at her painting studio, you’ll notice the disparity between this painting and the others hanging on the walls. All of them represent flowers but the choice of the color is totally different: a lot of green, red…. to conclude, she used bright colors in the past. So after being married for 5 years, this painting reveals her own mental state: she is depressed and desperate. But here is the question: why are there two flowers, if it is a self-portray?

Then in the same episode, shortly after, the director uses these takings

image-2.png?w=660
Yoon Ma Ri looking out the window
image-3.png?w=660

As you can notice, there are two Yoon Ma Ri, yet it looks like the second version is fading away, she is disappearing. And this is no coincidence. YMR is about to lose herself, her soul by remaining by her husband. She is not even allowed to choose her own clothes. She lives trapped in a cage hence the window with the bare reflects her actual position: she is a prisoner. She is not even allowed to paint outdoors which explains why her latest painting looks so gloomy and depressing. She can no longer paint as she has run out of energy and inspiration. So this explains why the second YMR is disappearing and why there are two flowers. The bigger one represents her own body, she is about to become a living corpse.

Striking is the finale version of her painting “a self-portray” is different.

image.png 
In this scene, we learn that the meaning of the flower is “I will die tomorrow”.

So the first version wasn’t just depressing because of the dark colors and the environment. Even the choice of the flower was pessimistic. However, in the finale version, the beholder observes a huge difference: the flowers are burning. This indicates that not only her situation has even worsened but also her despair has increased. The moment she called it a self-portray, YMR revealed that she was actually waiting for her own death. In the finale version, the beholder is actually witnessing her death. Sure, she is announcing her death but it also shows that she even prefers burning than living in the dark for too long. This indicates that she is even willing to risk her life in order to escape from this misery. She will do anything, even if this means her death: the fire creates some light, it can even be seen by someone. So she is not giving up.      

As you can see, Love is Sadness is not different from Encounter as it uses a painting to give a message, illustrate a situation and the state of mind of a character.

Then in the same episode, we see the male protagonist, the plastic surgeon Seo Jung Woo, reading a page to his wife YH who is in a coma. The chosen book is Wuthering Height written by Emily Bronte in the 19th century, a tragic and painful love story. The protagonist Heathcliff loved Catherine, but the latter chose to marry someone else, Edgar Linton, as he came from a higher social status. Heathcliff had been raised in Catherine’s family. Due to her rejection, Heathcliff decided to get revenge on her and Edgar Linton. Interesting is that SJW chose to read the extract where Heathcliff is talking about the betrayal and the heartbreak. Catherine ripped off his heart and her own heart… So here again, this reveals that SJW is well aware that his comatose wife hurt him in the past by her betrayal. Later, we discover that she had an affair and lied to him. Due to this novel, we can already imagine what will happen to her: she will die, just like Catherine died before Heathcliff. The latter did torment her for marrying Edgar Linton but here, SJW married her hence he had no reason to torment her and she had no reason to betray him.

@xu_lyfe @zenya22 @dukesa1122

6 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

I have been thinking about her remark: she complained that her "face" was the reason for her unhappiness and tragedy. Now, she is about to get a new face and this time, she will look like the doctor's wife. Someone might think that she is definitely cursed due to her face. However, I have the impression that the doctor won't give her the face of his wife because he misses his wife, it will be more for a strategic reason. She doesn't need a new ID with fake documents. So with the face of the "wife", YMR will experience how a husband takes care of his wife... she will experience normality and even love. Sure, at some point, she will question if the doctor fell in love with her due to her face or due to her personality. Moreover, YMR will discover what the wife did in the past: the lover will try to rekindle with her... 

I watched the beginning of the first episode again and this time, something caught my attention: there are three persons in the villa. Two men dressed in black with one person dressed in white. So the men are standing like bodyguards which made me realize that the man falling into the swimming pool, YMR's husband will be shot by the bodyguard after being warned not to approach YMR.

@bebebisous33What is going to happen to Ha Kyung though for YMR to fully be able to take her HK's identity as hers?

Yes, YMR in time will question why the doctor gave her the face of his wife but I think this is the right opportunity and time for both the doctor and Mari to discover the love that both of them have missed from their former spouses. But it won't be easy what with the obsessed In Wook frantically looking for his wife and the art gallery curator who seems to be crushing on Dr. Seo, probably against MR taking the identity of Ha Kyung and taking a chance of her ever being noticed by Dr. Seo.

I noticed the bodyguards in the first scene too. However, I have a different view of the scene. I think that the bodyguards assigned by In Wook found out where Mari, now taking the identity of Ha Kyung is hiding. It seems to be in a remote villa where probably the real comatose Ha Kyung used to be in and cared for. The guards notified In Wook who came rushing in and got shot.

Spoiler

I don't think the guards would have shot In Wook, that there was someone else there who shot In Wook and the target was not In Wook but Mari? 

@zenya22 But the person in white is moving freely in this scene, while the bodyguards are on standby position. Secondly, this is a different villa, not the one where Ha Kyung was living as a vegetable. There was no swimming pool and the road looks different.

After giving some thought, I have the impression that this could be a revisited version of Wuthering Heights, where the main character is not Heathcliff but Edgar Lindon. So the story is told in a very different perspective. Yet the constellation is similar. Let me explain:

Catherine : Ha Kyung

Edgar Lindon: SJW

In the novel, Edgar loved his wife, while Catherine loved Heathcliff but chose to marry Edgar due to his social status. So while in the novel Catherine never cheated on her husband, in our century, it is a little different. She married SJW for his money/status that's why we hear her sacarsm with the jewel, while she loved doctor Ha, SJW's best friend.  

Doctor Ha: Heathcliff came from a poor social background and made sure to become rich in order to get his revenge. Here, doctor Ha is working so hard... he wants to surpass SJW (skills and reputation).

the art gallery curator, Im Yun Hwa: Isabella Linton. Here, IYH is treated like a sister by SJW's mother. However, she is not his real sister and she would like to marry SJW. On the other hand, we see that doctor Ha is quite close IYH too. In Wuthering Heights, Heathcliff approached Isabella Linton in order to get revenge. The latter fell in love with him... and the man used her feelings in order to hurt others. So doctor Ha might approach IYH too, if he has been HK's lover (like I assume). 

What do you think? 

Even though I hate that she's being abused, I'm kinda glad that they didn't show it. Had they shown us him hitting her, I feel like I would have thrown something at my tv. The whole situation sucks because she's trapped by him tricking her and the only way that she can get out of it now would be by changing her face. It's either that or dying.

5 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

After giving some thought, I have the impression that this could be a revisited version of Wuthering Heights, where the main character is not Heathcliff but Edgar Lindon. So the story is told in a very different perspective. Yet the constellation is similar. Let me explain:

Catherine : Ha Kyung

Edgar Lindon: SJW

In the novel, Edgar loved his wife, while Catherine loved Heathcliff but chose to marry Edgar due to his social status. So while in the novel Catherine never cheated on her husband, in our century, it is a little different. She married SJW for his money/status that's why we hear her sacarsm with the jewel, while she loved doctor Ha, SJW's best friend.  

Doctor Ha: Heathcliff came from a poor social background and made sure to become rich in order to get his revenge. Here, doctor Ha is working so hard... he wants to surpass SJW (skills and reputation).

the art gallery curator, Im Yun Hwa: Isabella Linton. Here, IYH is treated like a sister by SJW's mother. However, she is not his real sister and she would like to marry SJW. On the other hand, we see that doctor Ha is quite close IYH too. In Wuthering Heights, Heathcliff approached Isabella Linton in order to get revenge. The latter fell in love with him... and the man used her feelings in order to hurt others. So doctor Ha might approach IYH too, if he has been HK's lover (like I assume). 

What do you think? 

I am not sure. I think that Dr. Seo was referring to betrayal of Cathy of Heathcliff and I think he refers to himself as Heathcliff not as the literal Heathcliff but the betrayed one, even though what you said makes sense. And in the the opera L'elisir d'amore where Dr Seo, was going to take his wife to see, the man Nemorino who was in love with the heroine Adina a wealthy landowner, was a poor farmer and his rival was an army officer and Nemorino goes through a lot to convince Adina of his love even as they go through a lot of push and pull and the army officer almost marrying Adina, but in short, at the end Nemorino wins Adina's love. Here, I think he wanted them to see the opera to show and convince his wife that he was more worthy of Ha Kyung's love. It could be true that IYH is Isabella Linton and Ha, Heathcliff, but would that not take away the story from the leads?

2 hours ago, zenya22 said:

I am not sure. I think that Dr. Seo was referring to betrayal of Cathy of Heathcliff and I think he refers to himself as Heathcliff not as the literal Heathcliff but the betrayed one, even though what you said makes sense. And in the the opera L'elisir d'amore where Dr Seo, was going to take his wife to see, the man Nemorino who was in love with the heroine Adina a wealthy landowner, was a poor farmer and his rival was an army officer and Nemorino goes through a lot to convince Adina of his love even as they go through a lot of push and pull and the army officer almost marrying Adina, but in short, at the end Nemorino wins Adina's love. Here, I think he wanted them to see the opera to show and convince his wife that he was more worthy of Ha Kyung's love. It could be true that IYH is Isabella Linton and Ha, Heathcliff, but would that not take away the story from the leads?

Dr. Seo might see himself as Heathcliff due to the betrayal, however he is forgetting one thing: Catherine did hurt her husband too. She recognized that her love for Heathcliff was deeper but marrying him would have degraded her in her eyes, since her loved one was not educated and was an orphan. Here, doctor Seo was married to HK. Secondly, Edgar Linton loved Catherine just like Seo, yet Catherine married him more for his social status and we can assume that this might be the case for HK too. Like I said, the story could be told from a different perspective. In the novel, Edgar Linton overhears the argument between Catherine and Heathcliff... imagine his pain. Heathcliff might be the main character of this novel, yet he is not a good man. He is full of hatred and even shows some cruelty. Sure, Edgar Linton wasn't a nice man either. Then Catherine had not a good relationship with Isabella Linton, just like in the drama.

Besides, I would like to add that Jean Rhys wrote a prequel of Jane Eyre, called "Wide Sargasso Sea", where the first wife of Mister Rochester is the main character, the future madwoman from the attic. So a story can be written in a different perspective. Wuthering Heigths is more about Heathcliff... but if Edgar Linton had to write his own story, he would describe Heathcliff in an even worse way: the one who caused his wife to die, the one who tormented Catherine, the one who stole his wife's heart... the one who hurt his own sister. 

As for Nemorino, you are right. SJW perceives himself as Nemorino and Adina as HK as Nemorino never gives up on his love for Adina. Yet, he could be wrong with his interpretation. Nemorino believes in the love potion, unaware that he has been conned. Due to that, he ignores Adina as he is drunk which had an impact on Adina. However, SJW never showed any indifference towards his wife, moreover he is not innocent and naive like Nemorino. SJW kept acting as the loving and understanding husband, yet he knew about her infidelity. Hence it is possible that he is the army officer, Adina even wrote a marriage contract with him... only at the end, she married Nemorino. To me, SJW has a false image of his wife. He thought, loving her would be enough but his love for her couldn't stop her from cheating on him. The accident was her punishment... Moreover, the other couple KIW and YMR is also linked to that opera. In the same episode, they also listen to that music indicating that this opera was special for them as well. So what if Nemorino is actually KIW, as the latter is so obsessed to have YMR by his side. Nemorino's love could have been changed and transformed into an obsession. Adina doesn't show any love for him at the first place... It takes her a while, until she realizes it. Then she uses the officer in order to test Nemorino's love for her. Nemorino's foolishness to believe in the existence of a love potion corresponds to KIW's belief that his physical strength will be the reason why YMR will decide to remain by her side. KIW still believes that at some point, she will smile for him.     

On 2/24/2019 at 8:05 PM, MidnightRain said:

In addition, I'd say he's trying to "protect" Ma-Ri, because it was something that he couldn't have done for his mother. I wonder if some of his anger also comes from the fact that while he so despises the way his father treated his mother, he's come to do the same to Ma-Ri -- and that he acknowledges that he now believes what his father done is right. So maybe in his mind, if Ma-Ri obediently goes along with him, then he wouldn't have to act like his father.

Just watched the last 4 episodes. I really feel the contortion of In Wooks mind. He grew up with only his father as his model for behaving and his father is a horrible man. He witnessed the abuse of his mother and like his father told him, he was also the reason for his mother to return to his father even when she got beaten. His father threatened him with a golf club to call his mother to return home. So when she found Mari who looked like his mother, he was trying to "protect" Ma RI whom he mentally associates with his mom, except that his "protection" turned into obsession and control. There were scenes in the beginning of their marriage or even before they got married where they looked happy and in love. Yet he had this image of his mother running away and he associated it with Ma Ri thus the controlling behavior. I agree that his anger may also come from realizing that he ended up doing the same thing as his father did to his mother and he can't help it. Yet it is only Ma Ri who can "comfort" him as his father cruelly reminds him about his mother while swinging a golf club. The man needs intensive counseling. Now, he frantically looks for his wife. 

Hae Ra the curator makes a lot of judgement about situations she knows nothing of. Jung Won told her before he went abroad to attend a conference to look after Ha Kyung and if Mari calls to tell her that he is in a conference and he will be back. Instead Hae Ra tells Ma Ri that she will get Jung Won in trouble and to call the police. She has no idea who the woman is, or what situation she is in and told her that even if she changes her face she still can be traced from her social security etc. The problem is, obsession and domestic abuse is psychologically and emotionally complex and calling the police is sometimes not the proper solution. Many women get killed from trying to leave their abusive partners. Sometimes it takes a whole identity change to get away but it gets more complicated with children. I am not surprised and I understand why she is shocked and maybe angered at why Jung Won chose to change the face of Mari into Ha Kyung's face. Ha Kyung afterall was her best friend, the wife of Jung Won and she just died. She maybe feeling betrayed for Ha Kyung and may even question Jung Won's state of mind. It is understandable. However, I think the more she tries to get Mari away from Jung Won, the more JW will defend and protect Mari. Hae Ra also is right to be concerned about Jung Won's medical license if people will know about what he did. People may defend him and others condemn him for malpractice. 

How will Hae Ra react though, when she realizes the artist she has been looking for is Mari/Ha Kyung? I wonder when In Wook will visit the gallery and see the "Self Portrait" in there. Not to mention Jung Won's mom. How will she react? 

The problem here too I think is that Mari has not yet gotten the confidence of a person who is free. Psychologically and mentally, she still carries the mindset and emotional state of an abused fearful person. In Wook is also very familiar with those reactions. She may have changed her face but her reactions to In Wook did not, her body will automatically react and In Wook will pick up on that. Hae Ra also will be more angered at Ma Ri when she thinks that Jung Won will be in danger because of her. I hope that Jung Won will be prepared and realize from Ma Ri's description of her husband that In Wook is a dangerous and unstable man. I wonder if we will see In Wook's reaction when he says his wife's face changed and does not look like his mom's anymore?

Jung Won and Mari are facing too many problems

1 hour ago, zenya22 said:

Just watched the last 4 episodes. I really feel the contortion of In Wooks mind. He grew up with only his father as his model for behaving and his father is a horrible man. He witnessed the abuse of his mother and like his father told him, he was also the reason for his mother to return to his father even when she got beaten. His father threatened him with a golf club to call his mother to return home. So when she found Mari who looked like his mother, he was trying to "protect" Ma RI whom he mentally associates with his mom, except that his "protection" turned into obsession and control. There were scenes in the beginning of their marriage or even before they got married where they looked happy and in love. Yet he had this image of his mother running away and he associated it with Ma Ri thus the controlling behavior. I agree that his anger may also come from realizing that he ended up doing the same thing as his father did to his mother and he can't help it. Yet it is only Ma Ri who can "comfort" him as his father cruelly reminds him about his mother while swinging a golf club. The man needs intensive counseling. Now, he frantically looks for his wife. 

Hae Ra the curator makes a lot of judgement about situations she knows nothing of. Jung Won told her before he went abroad to attend a conference to look after Ha Kyung and if Mari calls to tell her that he is in a conference and he will be back. Instead Hae Ra tells Ma Ri that she will get Jung Won in trouble and to call the police. She has no idea who the woman is, or what situation she is in and told her that even if she changes her face she still can be traced from her social security etc. The problem is, obsession and domestic abuse is psychologically and emotionally complex and calling the police is sometimes not the proper solution. Many women get killed from trying to leave their abusive partners. Sometimes it takes a whole identity change to get away but it gets more complicated with children. I am not surprised and I understand why she is shocked and maybe angered at why Jung Won chose to change the face of Mari into Ha Kyung's face. Ha Kyung afterall was her best friend, the wife of Jung Won and she just died. She maybe feeling betrayed for Ha Kyung and may even question Jung Won's state of mind. It is understandable. However, I think the more she tries to get Mari away from Jung Won, the more JW will defend and protect Mari. Hae Ra also is right to be concerned about Jung Won's medical license if people will know about what he did. People may defend him and others condemn him for malpractice. 

How will Hae Ra react though, when she realizes the artist she has been looking for is Mari/Ha Kyung? I wonder when In Wook will visit the gallery and see the "Self Portrait" in there. Not to mention Jung Won's mom. How will she react? 

The problem here too I think is that Mari has not yet gotten the confidence of a person who is free. Psychologically and mentally, she still carries the mindset and emotional state of an abused fearful person. In Wook is also very familiar with those reactions. She may have changed her face but her reactions to In Wook did not, her body will automatically react and In Wook will pick up on that. Hae Ra also will be more angered at Ma Ri when she thinks that Jung Won will be in danger because of her. I hope that Jung Won will be prepared and realize from Ma Ri's description of her husband that In Wook is a dangerous and unstable man. I wonder if we will see In Wook's reaction when he says his wife's face changed and does not look like his mom's anymore?

Jung Won and Mari are facing too many problems

Yeah, it seems like In-Wook himself was a victim of abuse by his father, plus the guilt of leading his mom to her eventual demise... no wonder he is so messed up. He sees Ma-Ri as the cure to his problems and issues, and he is very much in denial but he really is thinking and acting the same way his father treated his mother. Ma-Ri is practically his lifeline at this point, and he's starting to unravel with her gone, I wonder how unhinged he will become when he finds out that Ma-Ri has changed her face and is living with Jung-Won. :unsure:

Hae-Ra's attitude really annoyed me as well, from what Jung-Won has told her, she knows how desperate Ma-Ri is. I understand that she wants to protect Jung-Won and not get him into trouble, but instead of offering help like she had promised, she tells Ma-Ri to go to the police. The way she treated Ma-Ri through the phone almost felt... flippant, and this is someone that has no where to go, no where to hide. I'm not saying that she's obligated to help Ma-Ri, but a little sympathy, respect, and kindness would be nice. With some people (and In-Wook is definitely in this category), even the police would not be able to help, even a restraining order would not deter him. So it's really crass of her to tell Ma-Ri to go to the police without even knowing the full scope of the situation. 

Ma-Ri herself needs plenty of therapy after those five years of marriage, plus she's still living in legitimate fear of In-Wook discovering her, since he already knows she's still alive. 

~

Poor Ma-Ri, her plan to fake her death to fool In-Wook didn't even last an episode and he's already onto her trail. The fact that In-Wook already immediately knows which dress didn't belong in her wardrobe shows just how tight his control on her is. Also, Ji Hyun-Woo wailing at Ha-Kyung's funeral made me tear up as well, his pain felt very real in that scene. Although it's weird watching him interact with Ma-Ri in Ha-Kyung's face, it's clear that from their interactions, this is what he wanted in his marriage life. Now I'm just getting mixed feelings because nobody seems to care about Ma-Ri as a real live person yet. It's all about her appearance so far. :mellow:

Also I'm loving the OST with the woman singing stay with me... hope they release it soon, it's very haunting and beautiful. 

Whether the males leads are to be identified with tragic or comic figures of fiction & opera, both males have an obsession. Even if for strategic reasons ( and storyline) doc recreates his wife's face , it's creepy,,,, poor Mari, like the women in opera and the classics, her options depend so much on the whims of the male figures. For both Catherine and Adina, "respectable' marriage was almost the only option,. Imagine no real say on with whom you will spend your intimate life with. To say Catherine rejected Heathcliff because he was beneath her, is not to understand the story. She understood the destruction in that "love", was indeed destroyed by it...all the characters comic & tragic, try to break out of the confines society imposes - the sicker ones do so violently ...

It is hard to see such domestic abuse, it is a matter most serious. LMIH was done, for the most part, well. May LiS do as well 

The husband has too much of an upperhand. It seems he catches on real quick that MR is HK. Despite having received the operation she still can’t rest. It’s that darn purple dress!

Hi all, I haven't really watched the series, because not really in the mood for a melo now, but am very intrigued by the story. 

So, if Mari's face already changed to one that is not resembling the face of Inwook's mother, what's the reason/point of his continued obsession with her then? 

19 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Hi all, I haven't really watched the series, because not really in the mood for a melo now, but am very intrigued by the story. 

So, if Mari's face already changed to one that is not resembling the face of Inwook's mother, what's the reason/point of his continued obsession with her then? 

He doesn't know her face has changed though, he just thinks that she's in hiding right now. But he does seem to have some major codependency issues going on with Ma-Ri, like he'll spin out of control without her around.

~

I kinda already miss Park Ha-Na, she did a very good and memorable performance of the fragile yet resilient Ma-Ri. 

Also, In-Wook's father looks and acts like a mobster than a ceo. I'm sure he's real proud that he raised In-Wook to be exactly like him. He seems really controlling with In-Wook too, the way he kept tabs on him in his personal and professional life. 

One thing that popped up in my head was all the comments from In-Wook proclaiming that he was the only one who could lay his hands on her. Seeing as how he got jealous from her smiling at another man, I worry for Jung-Won since they're living under the same roof and going to pretend to be a married couple.

Ahh, I'm so obsessed with this show. I already cannot wait for next week and also they need to release the ost lol.

Archived