[Drama 2019] The Secret Life of my Secretary / I love you from the beginning, 초면에 사랑합니다

0ly40

Just finished episode 2 with sub .  I enjoyed this drama once again. I like their acting too. Jin Ki Joo as  JGH  funny adorable and good. It's not the 'annoying' type of female lead. And KYK.. great with the changing ecxpression of confusion. They have good dynamics and tandem is something enjoyable.

I feel like the second lead DJ is being used  to ruin DMI in the company. We see frwom the cctv footage, he met with the attacker prior then left. The one tried to hurt DMI is now the new driver.. recommended by DJ.. the attacker is clean cut already... and young. And this all happened after DJ met with the elders in the company... w/c based on ep 1 he was suprised to be metting them and wasn't happy.  DJ is suspicious but... need more episoded to see if my hunch is right about him.

What I'm confused abou is DMI sickness. When he sees people he doesn'g recognize they alway show  no face t all and it's kind not scary but I find it weird. What exactly happened to him.  Is it caused by the brain aneurisym? When his head got hit,  something from brain remove his ability to recognize faces. Is it treatable?

I enjoyed ep 2 wanted ep 3 already but... I'll wait with sub.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, jongski said:

What I'm confused abou is DMI sickness. When he sees people he doesn'g recognize they alway show  no face t all and it's kind not scary but I find it weird. What exactly happened to him.  Is it caused by the brain aneurisym? When his head got hit,  something from brain remove his ability to recognize faces. Is it treatable?

From what I recall (maybe someone has better details that I do), the doctor had to insert a clamp into DMI's brain when he repaired the anueryism (I can't spell that) years ago.  Then he told DMI to be sure not to do anything strenuous and to avoid situations where there were crowds.  I think there might have been something else he shouldn't do, too. 

The first indication that something might be wrong was when DMI bumped his head, and he felt like something was changing but the doctor basically ignored him.  Then later when DMI was assaulted and knocked out, the trouble began and it seems that the clamp in his head might have shifted somehow.  It's in the area of the brain that controls facial recognition.

It my first time watching Kim Young-kwang. He is so humourous :D I am laughing all the time at his expressions and the co-actress is so funny :D

follow the Instagram user "windleelove", she has many photos for the actor (but says " ☆ Unauthorized copying and distribution is strictly prohibited. ☆ " ) so I didn't paste her posts here

https://www.instagram.com/windleelove/

Haven’t had the time to watch all the cuts today ,did anyone ? 

Love their chemie  off screen as well. They are really having a lot of fun filming 

Tomorrow’s preview

new ost 

13 minutes ago, turtlegirl said:

Won't be able to watch till tonight (my time) at earliest. I am so curious to find out how he comes to believe she is Veronica. If anyone knows, please spoil me! Haha

Me, too!  Raw version is up on sites I use but I have to wait for subs because I don't understand Korean at all.  I can watch some Japanese shows raw but never Korean.  So frustrating.  I wanna know what is happening.

So now we know why he couldn't recognise her in that outfit :w00t:

Explained here:

Spoiler

The reason he could only 'see' her is because she always wore the same thing - the read cardigan, with her glasses and her ponytail! He made her wear his jacket and tie to check out that hypothesis and realised he can't see her face too, just like every one else's. MAKES SENSE.

Also she decided to 'con' him as VP because Secretary Lee (creepy vibes btw) told her that MI basically manipulated her into coming back to work for him by providing her 'perks' that are actually normal for secretaries. She got upset hearing about that and decided that she wants to find out if he treats other women like how he treats her as GH...

btw JKJ looks so gorgeous as VP :wub:

I am actually scared for Do min ik as everyone seem to use him as he is in a vulnerable position now.... Also the fact that even his secretary is into kinda using him.... I mean I do like Gal hee and can see why she start to do act as veronica. But this can also backfire big time as the lies gonna grow bigger.... well I trust writer gonna handle this with heart and respect for both characters :)   

Yaay I just finished watching epi 3 with subs. A couple of take aways:

- DJ became much less suspicious...until he told the police detectives to close the investigation into Dominique's assault. 

- Wait now, so is Gal Hee's sister's acceptance letter fake? Dominique mentioned Pennsylvania is spelled incorrectly on the envelope. Oh please don't be fake, that will be so sad. Who would fake such a thing? 

- They played a song by Damien Rice in the show. Wow, I saw him in concert like...15 years ago haha. Wasn't expecting to hear one of his songs, but his voice is beautiful. 

- Secretary Lee is shady as _______

- So the bad Uncle's secretary/Gal Hee's friend is the sister or gf to the assailant/Dominique's driver?? Also why did she tell him he couldn't be there? Interesting plot twist. 

- Lastly I just have to say Dominique and Gal Hee are just adorable together. 

"If you make a mistake and get all tangled up, you just tango on"

Spoiler

Damien Rice song from show....

Spoiler

@turtlegirlI noticed a completely different kind of music, when Veronica Park came for the first time. It is La Campanella, if I remember right

The piano version

Spoiler

Then the violin version

Spoiler

Compare, there are two parts, one with the piano, then the shift to the violin, the next clip is from the drama

Spoiler

Gosh, these two are too cute!! They're not like boss and secretary, more like good friends goofing around each other... I couldn't imagine having a handsome boss who likes to have such close facial proximity... I wouldn't be able to last a day working for such a boss without fluttering heart, you know what I mean?? :joy:

The misunderstanding at the end is just so hilarious to cause their fateful encounter. At least we're explained now about how he could not have recognized GH... It's all in the dress-up... LOLOL...

I can't wait for next episode. But honestly, I have a feeling that it's not going to be all fun and laughter going down the road. I'm preparing myself for a lot of angst on Dominique's part due to the misunderstanding and "deceit" from GH, and from bestie DJ as well.

2 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Gosh, these two are too cute!! They're not like boss and secretary, more like good friends goofing around each other... I couldn't imagine having a handsome boss who likes to have such close facial proximity... I wouldn't be able to last a day working for such a boss without fluttering heart, you know what I mean?? :joy:

His smile is catchy, it melts my heart. And he is so childish, and he depends on her too much :D

I don't know how she concentrates on her work :D

2 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

I can't wait for next episode. But honestly, I have a feeling that it's not going to be all fun and laughter going down the road. I'm preparing myself for a lot of angst on Dominique's part due to the misunderstanding and "deceit" from GH, and from bestie DJ as well.

Oh for sure...And we know KYK and JKJ excel at that! I don’t even know how all the lies are gonna unravel at this point.

Let’s check:

- DMI being fooled by basically most of the people around him with DJ and GH and his ‘mum’.

- GH thinking the acceptance letter is real...I’m sure it’s fake.

- DJ and Sec Lee so shady! 

- The uncle’s secretary and the creepy driver? WHAT WAS THAT.

- So far the only genuine character :lol: who’s living her life unapologetically is Veronica Park! AWESOME ~

At least we know GH will start feeling bad the moment she realises he’s actually falling for her as VP...DANG I’m invested!

8 minutes ago, blademan said:

- So far the only genuine character :lol: who’s living her life unapologetically is Veronica Park! AWESOME ~

At least we know GH will start feeling bad the moment she realises he’s actually falling for her as VP...DANG I’m invested!

Agree with the above here! I think a character like Veronica Park is a first for me. Like you want to hate her, but you just can't help but love her for her no nonsense :lol:

Surely GH is already having her heart fluttered with all the close proximity with Dom.

Archived