[Drama 2019] The Secret Life of my Secretary / I love you from the beginning, 초면에 사랑합니다

0ly40

On 6/24/2019 at 3:38 PM, VanillaSalt said:

Omg it was such a struggle to not check the recap right when I woke up this morning! Usually I'll see what happend, but I didn't wanna be spoiled just in case there was a wedding or something lol. I'm kinda disappointed so much of today's ep was filled with office drama, I wish they would have resolved it last week and finished it up today. Oh well, i guess. Another thing I'm kinda questioning is, is GH gonna be DM's secretary forever? wouldn't that be idk like a conflict of interest if she's his wife and secretary?  It's a drama so i guess i shouldn't question it too much haha.

Ok... so i think a bed scene (aka sex lol) will shift that chip right back into place if they try hard enough lol ;) 

omg! I wasn't too off...they had sex, but it didn't move that chip back in place lol

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh wow, that kiss at the end was SO HOT! Thank you so much, director, for making the kiss so hot and making fans happy. I also CAN'T beleive they actually had seexxxx, I for sure though that the bro and sis would walk in and they'd stop.

So did she wash his pants for him? lol. Is he a boxers or a briefs kinda guy? :tounge_wink: 

And, darn, I really thought that little  pregnant lego couple was a foreshadowing for short time skip where they find out they're pregnant, aww!  I'm so sad to see this drama go, it was so good and our garlic couple were so cute together. I just wish we had a little more time with them as a couple like i wanted to see way more moments of them together and going on dates without the fam, but that's ok. I think showing DM and GH with her family was important , since he never really had a real family that actually loved him.

Omg ok also did he propose the next day after they had sex? I was like dang that was really fast, that's cool and all, but imagine if someone did that irl? I'd be kinda creeped out lol. Anyways, I'm gonna be listening to the OST non stop until i get tired of it. I loved this drama so much, I'm gonna miss it and have post-drama withdrawals, so I'll be around here for the next couple days lol. 

also, I get that his facial blindness was only temporary, but I kinda wish they pulled a miracle and made him see again. What if they have kids? Is he not gonna be able to see his own child's face? Lol i want a second season where he becomes CEO and they have a family. 

2 hours ago, kkddrraammaa said:

I wanted to talk about that earlier, but it slipped my mind. This is such a GOOD looking, well matched couple. Them just standing together makes me go all 'heart-eyes'. 

SAME. Probably later today.. I wanna save some of the fuzzy feels for laterr. <3 

II think Kim Young Kwang is 6'2 (187 cm) and Jin Ki Joo is 5'7 (170 cm). They have a pretty big height difference, they look so cute together though :love: (as DM and GH, of course lol) 

47 minutes ago, VanillaSalt said:

I for sure though that the bro and sis would walk in and they'd stop.

Never mind the brother and sister. Did you guys notice that her bedroom door is exactly facing the main door? The door that can be kicked open easily? Or if someone as tall as Dom tiptoed can easily peek inside? :joy:

And one one thing to point out too... it was GH who pulled him down for the kiss when they were in bed :D 

13 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Never mind the brother and sister. Did you guys notice that her bedroom door is exactly facing the main door? The door that can be kicked open easily? Or if someone as tall as Dom tiptoed can easily peek inside? :joy:

And one one thing to point out too... it was GH who pulled him down for the kiss when they were in bed :D 

I was thinking exactly the same. He didnt close the door, either, did he?? :joy: They were flimsy and I wondered when they were going to be interrupted (VP-DJ-like). I guess PD is letting our imaginations run wild 

20 minutes ago, blademan said:

We feel ya~

I watch this scene many times...so how @extrodinairey? I think his ears quite red right ? :tounge_wink:... I liked that she wasn't shy and pulled him for the kiss ...so the  figures tell us that them babies (there were two flowers :w00t:) are on the way...

This twitter handle has a compilation of all the cute posters

8 minutes ago, triplem said:

I watch this scene many times...so how @extrodinairey? I think his ears quite red right ? :tounge_wink:... I liked that she wasn't shy and pulled him for the kiss ...so the  figures tell us that them babies (there were two flowers :w00t:) are on the way...

Agreed! All in the name of science. :lol::lol:

Added: It's a bit difficult to control my STS at the moment

I don't want to let them go eitherrrrr. Wow a second season, that would be wonderful! I thought about how will he recognize his baby (or babies, I guess) but surely his BP will rise at least a few times having little ones running around. I also wondered where they will live once they're married. I hope poor brother doesn't try to follow them wherever they go. Hopefully sis will become a successful actress and buy a house for her and brother. Btw did anyone else notice that her sister was actually wearing the VP earrings to her audition at the end? So they didn't get thrown away after all. 

@VanillaSalt I guess he proposed because their time in bed together was that good...kudos to you, GH! And here I thought you'd be all innocent but yet you kissed him first. Right on sister B)

11 hours ago, turtle0217 said:

Kim Young Kwang did a really good acting in this one that I can't wait to see another rom-comedy with him, again

YES! He's done more of darker/arrogant guy roles so far, except for the movie 'On your wedding' (where he was just as adorable as this show, but dressed shabbily). He's defined my new standard for rom-com leading men - "cute guy in a hot man's body with an angel's smile". I look forward to see him take up more roles where his character smiles :D
Same goes for JinKiJoo. I hope she takes up more of crazy quirky veronica-park-esque roles so she can show off that arsenal of facial expressions she has. More comic roles please!

11 hours ago, turtlegirl said:

But like he said in the voiceover, in the future, he was able to see her face from time to time. But every time he could, he made sure to stare at her a long time and kiss her passionately since he didn't know the next time he would get to see it again.

That was a lovely message indeed.... HOWEVER... I muted the damn thing even when watching with subs HAHAHA. The subs and voiceover distracted me from the kiss (clearly I hadnt replayed the raw enough), so after rewinding god knows how many times, with maybe a slow-mo one time, I finally read the subs, and the message was super sweet! long-lasting love and passion for these two! ;)

8 hours ago, VanillaSalt said:

I'm so sad to see this drama go, it was so good and our garlic couple were so cute together. I just wish we had a little more time with them as a couple

Maybe they'll show up in a cameo in some other show? That happened on a couple of shows recently *fingers crossed*

I'm gonna miss it and have post-drama withdrawals, so I'll be around here for the next couple days lol

You have company hun ;)

I think Kim Young Kwang is 6'2 (187 cm) and Jin Ki Joo is 5'7 (170 cm). They have a pretty big height difference

My base for comparison was Park Bo Young (5'2) hahaha. She looked like his kid next to him in the movie. I think taller than 5'7 is rare for leading ladies in korea?

7 hours ago, extrodinairey said:

I guess PD is letting our imaginations run wild

YES! and I'm so grateful! :tongue:

2 hours ago, turtlegirl said:

I guess he proposed because their time in bed together was that good...kudos to you, GH!

HAHAHAHA, guess Dom's type is the kind of girl who takes charge? 

Spoiler

Maybe preferred sex positions, girl on top? :wub::wub:

I don't know what I'm going to do with my Monday and Tuesdays now. To think there was ever a before this drama. 

Where to start.  As people have said STS is real for this drama. I'm not even sure that I spent one minute without an outbreak for the last two episodes. Even during the tough times I knew our two were on their way to take uncle down and be unbearably cute.

Gosh darn it but that was the BEST PROPOSAL ever... chuck a couple of things at the girl you love, get her riled up, and then throw a ring box and propose when she is about to blow up at you... I'm kind of glad that he didn't regain his sight. There is something charming about the idea that when ever he does they rush to be together--putting their relationship above everything else. 

It will be so hard to get over this drama because our leads were stupendous. KJW(HPL) and KYK have just upped the bar for romcom MLs (though in different ways). dumbdumbDom has stolen my heart because of his adorkable expressions and brilliant comic timing (and those eyebrows... give me more gorgeous eyebrows, I'm all about eyebrows and backs). I'm going to need more of him on my screen. JKJ... hit it out of the park; even though some people didn't like the BigLie, she pulled it off along with everything else. And girl can kiss! wow. Goes in for the first kiss like a pro, initiates one of the best 'leave it to your imagination' bed scenes ever in dramaland (fanfic writers out there... do you want to help us with this one?). Their chemistry!!!:wub: wow. SBS sure knows how to cast chemistry bombs. Please, we need more BTS of those kisses... you did it for SP you can do it for TSLOMS.

Shout out to our second leads. Koo Ja-sung was a total newbie and steadily improved through the drama. His 'awesome' at the end undid me. By now you all know that I worship Kim Jae-Kyung (and VP). If she isn't in more dramas tomorrow, I'm starting  hunger strike is Seoul... if you want to join let me know. Now the only flash forward I *really* want is of VP and DJ at her mom's funeral then VP rips off her mourning attire and runs to the registry office for their marriage, wearing Vera Wang of course... (maybe mom dies because VP announces she is pregnant?).

The siblings were great. Oppa was amazing (he plays the brother in INAR and it is sooooo different, great acting); Sis was amazing in her fearless approach to life (though she better return those earrings!). The only plot hole being whether or not sis passed (even a poster of her in a drama would have been enough).To our loveable secretaries--you came in and did your bit with sweet team work; FIGHTING!. Our moms (and I'm incl SecLee as DJ's mom here for plot purposes)... you all did your best at playing tropes and protecting your kids--I might not *like you* but you were great and really helped shape the main four. I particularly want more of Baek Hyun-joo (VP mom)... that family!!!

Love y'all and hope that we keep this thread alive or at least revive next year for a rewatch. xx

45 minutes ago, kkddrraammaa said:

ps - I hope you ladies don't mind me spamming the forum hahaha. Withdrawal symptoms :D

Spam away ~~~

I'm sure nobody would mind ;):D

I would spam too, but still have work to finish, and stuff to pack for a Saturday flight. So no free time for me until after Saturday.

Oh, and since no one mentioned it yet, please note the couple outfit for their beach date... black and white :kiss_wink:

8FsMT41.png

13 minutes ago, tinymel said:

STS

noob question, what's STS?

14 minutes ago, tinymel said:

There is something charming about the idea that when ever he does they rush to be together--putting their relationship above everything else. 

*squeeeeee* :heart:

BTW, @triplem I did get some of it right hahaha. 

On 6/23/2019 at 10:46 PM, kkddrraammaa said:

She notices that the wine also splashed on his pants and shirt and tells him he should take off his clothes.. both are flustered..

Archived