Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2019] The Secret Life of my Secretary / I love you from the beginning, 초면에 사랑합니다

FACELESS CHINGUUSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had to watch this drama, as KYK is bae and has been for me since Good Doctor!

First, what an intriguing story line. I like the chemistry between the leads. I also like that GH is a functional secretary. As much as I liked WHTSK, it was not realistic. PMY's character was always running around in six-inch heels and not a hair out of place - yeah that is true fantasy, especially for a secretary who works for a needy boss.

1) DMI has so many enemies. Here he is this sharp and charming executive who could very well become the face and future of the company, but he is up against older family members and other snakes at work.

2) The mystery surrounding the past secretary. I think she was probably good like GH, but found out about his medical issue and once that came out, he had to let her go. He seems to have worked really hard to cover up any shortcoming, let alone the fact that he had an aneurysm. So, to keep from getting too close, which is hard when you are as dependent as he is, he has this one year rule. More so than that, why are all of the secretary's contract workers? As hard as they work and as much as they take on, they should be first in line for permanent positions. Companies will try to cut corners however they can I suppose.

3) DMI has an interesting family dynamic. Clearly his mother and uncle are both by marriage? His uncle was quick to say that they were not related by blood. His play mother also seemed inclined to remind him that they are just cosplaying the perfect family. It is all about appearances. So, what happened to his real parents? 

4) His friendship with DJ is also interesting. I feel more friendship from DMI than I do from DJ. I get the feeling that DJ has always had to play second fiddle to DMI and I am curious as to why that is the case. Even if he isn't behind the attach, he knows something. His energy just screams that he knows something but isn't saying anything. Maybe he doesn't have a choice.

5) The head secretary, Miss Lee. The only permanent secretary in the company. She has been around since DMI and DJ were kids, but she cannot be trusted. She acts suspicious, ever since the first episode. I don't like how she is always watching DMI and GH as if she is looking for gossip. When GH's secretary friends called and said she was being gossiped about in the office, I kept trying to figure out how, when the attack had just happened. How did people know she was there? How did they know what happened, GH and DMI had not even gone to the police station yet? Then when he returned that evening, why was she lurking in his office? The jury is definitely still out on her.

Overall, this drama is very well done. I hope the writers can keep up the pace and we get our questions answered, as well as some sweet moments along the way.

• Like 11

if you can see her from KiLomeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeters away, you should know you already love her

i just hope it is not the same old weird theory.. that he remembers her face because he trusts her and he doesn't really trust anyone else

a good test will be if secretary dresses up differently like never before and if he can still recognize her :P

• Like 7
  • LOL 2

Hello!!!  Am new here in this thread but I really admire the two first eps of TSLOMS. Am so excited for the next episodes. The leads are funny and so cute. KYK and JKJ ' s actings are refreshing. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

@lu09

She was careful choosing her next boss :joy:

the old one ask her to 

15573518941557351890.gif

5QLEr8.gif?download=true

But the new one it’s was possible , he would ask her to help clean his disgusting nose  :joy::mrgreen:

r89NNp.gif?download=true

• Like 1
  • LOL 11

Posted (edited)

@Ameera Ali the part she interviewed the nose picker  was so unexpected. :lol:

You know what really works for me is their chemistry. When you think the story is cheesy or cliche , it’s not either. It’s really interesting & I think the acting is good .

They were interviewed . Some BTS spoiler 

Spoiler

The third video slide shows how much fun they hv BTS . That translates on screen 

More fun BTS stills 

Edited by triplem
  • Like 1
  • Love 5

Kim Young Kwang On How He Portrays Face Blindness In “The Secret Life Of My Secretary”

May 9, 2019
by R. Jun

Kim Young Kwang, the star of SBS’s “The Secret Life of My Secretary” alongside actress Jin Ki Joo, spoke about his portrayal of his character’s prosopagnosia, or “face blindness.”

“The Secret Life of My Secretary” is about Do Min Ik (played by Kim Young Kwang), a problematic boss diagnosed with face blindness, and his secretary Jung Gal Hee (played by Jin Ki Joo), who starts leading a double life when she is mistaken for someone else.

On portraying a character who is unable to recognize others’ faces, Kim Young Kwang said, “After reading the script for the first time, I spoke extensively with the director about [the face blindness]. I thought a lot about what it would be like to experience prosopagnosia. It’s difficult to portray on camera, so I’m still always thinking about it on set.”

“However, I thought that if the portrayal of prosopagnosia was too close to what it’s like in real life, it might be difficult from the point of view of an audience member. And our drama is a romantic comedy with a bright and humorous tone, so after discussing it with the director, we agreed on a good mix of realism and fantasy.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1323116wpp/kim-young-kwang-on-how-he-portrays-face-blindness-in-the-secret-life-of-my-secretary

• Like 6
  • Love 2

This is a translation of the radio promo before the drama started. They call them the TALL couple :lol:. KYK wants to win best couple award :love:

Spoiler

• Like 4
  • Love 3

Some making of videos I found on IG. I can't wait for more of this drama, y'all! 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

On 5/8/2019 at 7:50 PM, triplem said:

"And our drama is a romantic comedy with a bright and humorous tone, so after discussing it with the director, we agreed on a good mix of realism and fantasy.”

I think that's interesting that they acknowledge that what Do Min Ik experiences as face blindness is a mix of realism and fantasy rather than a true portrayal of experiencing of prosopagnosia. It kind of bugged/amused me when watching, but I think I understand why he did what he did.

Caught up on watching the episodes. They're cute. I'm not sure I'm as smitten with this drama as @triplem is, but I am enjoying KYK in a lighter role.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, turtlegirl said:

Some making of videos I found on IG. I can't wait for more of this drama, y'all! 

Gal , I found the subbed making videos ! It’s great how the two are goofing around together BTS . 

yay ! Glad you’re watching @stroppyse

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Really enjoyed the first episodes.....but a funny thing happened:  when I saw JKJ, I immediately thought, "Oh look, Gil Nak Won got a role in a new drama!"  .....yeah, I think Come and Hug Me made too much of an impression on me.  :lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

@Lawyerh & @triplem

she single so everyone should stay single :joy:

CD0193EF-0FCE-45EB-B145-49665AD51D84.gif

:mrgreen: - she is a witch 

• Like 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1

The way not to do while trying to hire back your old secretary :mrgreen: :joy:

B444D886-FD4F-4B8C-88B3-6B19A6E9F6ED.gif

Spoiler

CFA463BC-6404-4113-8D75-632EE362F9F8.gif

A1544DF8-32BB-4864-823A-05B90DF9A8F0.gif

933FFF30-EEE4-4609-945C-50FA55EC58A2.gif

6E231420-B1FC-455C-9341-6C652655D314.gif

E9F713F6-536A-4A3D-9A3C-CBFB9CFC0B99.gif

• Like 1
  • LOL 10

@ktcjdrama , @triplem  Convenient what the hell , :joy: this two are funny :mrgreen:

F962A2E9-0587-4A96-AF1D-30A1AE3497D1.gif

Spoiler

FA2B04AC-7949-40DE-9170-9ECF4600E9A3.gif

FA70A4BD-0E84-45BC-BF6F-833B6BA37742.gif

7C39F5BE-7FC0-4407-8F51-03874C7AB9FB.gif

D27B7F6D-33E3-4437-B8C9-DB2E338CAA5C.gif

3AFC8EF0-57CD-4F6B-AC8D-E20BD19F85AF.gif

423D085D-3F39-41D8-BD70-129CD0C486EF.gif

AA26538B-E0B1-4E2A-B417-B2199FB953F2.gif

7D9C63C2-054B-47EB-A904-6F44F3C00322.gif

C97D103D-BC33-4B1A-BD73-F5520C979B3F.gif

bouns 

Spoiler

2D51D787-AC9C-4FA9-94DE-E8130179101D.gif

• Like 2
  • LOL 11

@Ameera Ali it's hilarious how she was excited to find out the way he felt about her lol. Her expectation was too high:mrgreen:

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

On 5/8/2019 at 12:49 PM, sal2 said:

Veronica park was not introduced in this weeks episodes, but seems like she gonna get introduced in next weeks episodes :) 

Thanks for the reply! I'm very curious to see their story too!

I will say that I'm a huge Come and Hug Me fan AND D-Day fan. The lead actors were in these shows. So it's a bit strange for me to try a series with them together since I heavily shipped their other pairings! But I'll give it a try! 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, lu09 said:

@Ameera Ali it's hilarious how she was excited to find out the way he felt about her lol. Her expectation was too high:mrgreen:

I was hysterical laughing when she said am I the toilet that flush his own when you get up :joy: 

or the way she didn’t know who to go with in holiday :lol:

51BA23A7-78B9-4DA0-9A34-0E714557B726.gif

• LOL 9

2 hours ago, fitzsimmons said:

I will say that I'm a huge Come and Hug Me fan

As am I, obviously, since JKJ so completely convinced me that she was Gil Nak Won that I got the actress confused with the role!

Really like JKJ in this show, too.

• Like 5
  • Love 1