[Drama 2019] The Secret Life of my Secretary / I love you from the beginning, 초면에 사랑합니다

0ly40

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finished watching ep14 half an hour ago... hmmm... the 'i love you' confession just seemed abrupt to me... sigh.... maybe its just too fast, seeing all the problems and then just because he thought she was seeing someone else, he suddenly confessed.

I know we are at ep14, hence need to get the plot going but still i feel the flow of the story wasnt right... its great that Dominic confessed and all, but  it didnt have the 'umph' that it should give to the audience...

Im glad Veronic Park is having fun with her boyfriend though i think the boyfriend is still somewhat 'scared' of her... Veronica Park character is just too confident and overwhelming for him to handle at the moment :D

It didn't seem abrupt to me only because he spent the whole time halfheartedly hating her. I mean he was talking to his cellphone practically begging her to call him saying she was sorry. He was angry at the lie but after the initial shock it was more the lack of her trying to win him back that had him angry. Him saying or rather confessing he loves her is actually quite normal he seems a straight foward kind of person, once he figures out what he feels. Just like when he figured out he liked veronica just because he saw gal hee in her. He spills his guts out rather quickly. it seems more of like a character trait. Him being jealous just put him on turbo. but come on you really think he called that restaurant and had them prepared the balcony best view, and flowers all over just to say goodbye.  He was looking for excuses to call her to him. I think he wanted her to spill her guts and beg him to take her back. The jealousy just kind of made him cut the crap and ask for what he wanted, which was her back, he missed her. so why complicate it, as long as she answered his call to come to him. He was going to ask for what he wanted which was her. We adults tend to over think and over complicate things with logic and inhibitions.  But his character has always been childlike when it comes to feelings which i get because of his upbring. So he acted childlike. Made things simple. He loves her, wants her, and that overrode logic and adult inhibitions. 

1 hour ago, Ameera Ali said:

Loved this couple :kiss_wink:

Same . So good together

———-

Gahh I don’t want it to end next week. KYK is likely to film a movie after this , so it will be a while before we see him in dramaland. Gonna miss his adorable face & that naturally  sexy way he walks & just lounges around :love:

Credit to https://melohwa.blogspot.com/2019/06/secret-life-of-my-secretary-eps-27-28.html?m=1

Secret Life of My Secretary] Eps 27 & 28 spoilers, Kim Young Kwang ♥ Jin Ki Joo

secretarylife.png
Article: Naver 'Secret Life of My Secretary' "I love you" ... Kim Young Kwang forgives Jin Ki Joo 'affectionate hug' 

1. [+246,-2]
Seriously, Do Min Ik's character isn't even mean, he's just a little puppy. He's a total cutie. When he said "I love you" bashfully, ah, I just wanted to give him my entire bank account. He's the best character. Why aren't you guys watching? ㅠㅠㅠㅠ Veronica Park is so funny. ㅜㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ It's fun, I'm telling you guys. ㅠㅠㅠ This so unfair that I can't live anymore. 

2. [+149,-4]
Kyaa~!! Today's ending is the scene that I've been waiting for. ❤❤❤ It's a pity that it's ending next week, but still, I'm happy that I will get to see them acting lovey-dovey!

3. [+136,-10]
Kim Young Kwang's acting skills and visuals just get better the more he films this, huh?

4. [+62,-2]
GalIk, let's go with lovey-dovey scenes next week.ㅠㅠㅠ❤️

5. [+48,-1]
The ending is really cool. ♡

6. [+33,-0]
It's so unfair and sad, so I'm promoting this a little. This drama is ending next week, but it's a romcom that's in trend. It fits the early summer mood, it's light, sweet and interesting. Seriously, the leads are so much like little puppies. They are so cute that the corners of my lips won't go down. The second lead couple is no joke too. They are so fun. Even if you say that Veronica Park is Kim Jae Kyung's life character, it wouldn't be an exaggeration. But the ratings are too low. ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ Please just watch this. For just 2 days next week. ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ 

7. [+32,-0]
This drama is really lovely. Min Ik, Gal Hee, Dae Ju, I like all four of them. The directing makes it look pretty, it's a drama that's somehow healing... 

8. [+27,-0]
This is interesting~~~ I didn't know who the leads are at first, but I'm interested in them now. Their acting skills are good. I don't know their names yet, but I think they will be successful~ I look forward to Mondays and Tuesdays for this drama~ It's a pretty drama~ How are the leads so good at acting~ I hope they get popular~

9. [+21,-0]
I was so immersed while watching it!! It's such a lovely drama. ❤️

10. [+19,-0]
I really like this drama!! This should become a hit.. ㅠㅠㅠ

Did she clean her brother’s armpit? Lol !!

how did the food drip there?? But it’s funny nevertheless - I never thought about it until @triplem mentioned. I laughed out so loud ... in public. I look crazy smiling at my phone. 

I rather liked the confession. It is not the full version of what Kdramas are capable of delivering but it played out into something very much in tune to his character. I could sense him boiling over with the need to tell her how he felt. I also wanted to pat him on the head and tell him well done. Quite amusing to watch. :)

@rocat and @triplem I think the armpit was her brother's sweat. Lol. :lol:

But finished watching the episodes and haven't gotten a chance to write here. Dom was like such a child searching for JGH, it's cute though. All the jealously and everything. Also how he waited for her at the restaurant.

Hope it all goes well next week. It ends next week, right?

Who else but KIM YOUNG KWANG can lure me back to Kdramas again! Got hooked with a few surprisingly outstanding Cdramas after getting played out by a number of Kdramas.:wub:

I was actually waiting for this drama after getting impressed by him in "Man Living In My House" with Soo Ee. On my daughter's recommendation, I watched him and HSJ's (my alltime favourite actor) in "please Take Care of my Fridge" variety show and got smitten by his good looks! Their bromance on that ep was a HOOT!:lol:

Super loving KYK's childlike character as Do Min Ik here especially the way he POUTS!:kiss_wink:

Of course not forgetting his off the chart chemistry with JKJ. I love her although this is the 1st time I'm seeing her.

I need to highlight the fact that they did a good job by casting this veteran actress (I've seen her many times but forgot her name) as GH's mum as  they both REALLY LOOK ALIKE!:blush:

A big wave to @triplem @turtle0217, @ktcjdrama @blademan @rocat and @Cayu18.:D

14 hours ago, Cayu18 said:

It didn't seem abrupt to me only because he spent the whole time halfheartedly hating her. I mean he was talking to his cellphone practically begging her to call him saying she was sorry. He was angry at the lie but after the initial shock it was more the lack of her trying to win him back that had him angry. Him saying or rather confessing he loves her is actually quite normal he seems a straight foward kind of person, once he figures out what he feels. Just like when he figured out he liked veronica just because he saw gal hee in her. He spills his guts out rather quickly. it seems more of like a character trait. Him being jealous just put him on turbo. but come on you really think he called that restaurant and had them prepared the balcony best view, and flowers all over just to say goodbye.  He was looking for excuses to call her to him. I think he wanted her to spill her guts and beg him to take her back. The jealousy just kind of made him cut the crap and ask for what he wanted, which was her back, he missed her. so why complicate it, as long as she answered his call to come to him. He was going to ask for what he wanted which was her. 

Nicely written... maybe maybe... i thought it was just too cold of him to just dismissed her after helping him (during the president's vote)  and he only had a change of heart after seeing her notes....  it would be out of character of him to buy flowers and have a nice lunch at a resturant like he is going to end everything with her..... actually very cruel, as it would be interpreted differently by JGH and us the audience.

I must say, the darn restaurant is so beautiful... anyone knows the location? Might go and visit the place when i visit korea next time... provided its around Seoul :D

37 minutes ago, realistic2280a said:

I must say, the darn restaurant is so beautiful... anyone knows the location? Might go and visit the place when i visit korea next time... provided its around Seoul :D

:lol: I was thinking the same. Love the gold touch here and there... Most lovely if there is a similar setup by the balcony seats. Yeah, I’ll just dream of it... :P 

The hug in the last episode was so sweet! I've replayed the whole scene theater onwards till the end multiple times already hahaha. BUT nothing beats a good KISS :relaxed: and our OTP is clearly capable of delivering that and more hahaha

Clearly I'm hyped and have high expectations for next week. 

Here's hoping to more kisses leaving everyone (cast, crew and us) breathless :wub:

I love the show because of the couple, and didn't really pay much attention to the plot holes, but when some one points them out like this, its really funny. 
My personal favourite 

This drama is the Thanos Snap for the all the actors involved XD.....I see half of them fading away after this XD

UUqP6.png

I would like to know what rom-com with perfect writing that the above poster would recommend, because I cannot think of one in my years of drama watching. And if I may just point out, even his/her post already contains inconsistency. The blame is clearly put on the writer for poor writing yet the ones who will fade away are the actors? 

Rom-com is meant to be entertaining, and this drama has done exactly so for me, and I believe for many other people as well. It is not a serious drama that requires hard thinking and reasoning why people do what they did, although it is absolutely fine to discuss about it, for fun. 

The above poster is, for me, clearly not suited to watch light rom-coms, but maybe will enjoy dramas like Beautiful World or SKY Castle more. Even those dramas have people criticizing the writing, mind you. If a drama has kept me shaking my head enough, I would just leave it and move on to another drama (too many to choose from!) so I could never understand why people want to waste their precious time watching something they don’t like and write nasty things like the above. Wishing writer never get to write another drama? Well, I guess someone needs to point out to him/her that the writer is successful (meaning: made money) already when her script is actually being produced into a drama. Failing to see that yet call the character Dom and VP dumb? 

Writing is an art, not science. There is no perfect formula. A work of art will appeal to some and appal some away, because everyone’s interpretations are definitely different.

I personally would never claim this drama as perfect and a masterpiece that will go down in history or win awards. But I have enjoyed the ride and I think that’s what matters most. 

Aww two episodes left and finished, By the way I wonder if the umbrealla will be brought up again to the next two episodes, and also Did Gal Hee found the earrings that Dom snickely put n Gal Hee's bathroom? Waaahh I hope Dom prepares flowers and ballooons that Gal hee wants kekkeke and a lot of kisses. Come to think of it, I think this the only romcom that has less kissing scenes :)

3 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

The character VP seems to be a shallow person but if we observe carefully, she has also been one who offers nuggets of wisdom to other characters at critical time. 

THIS!!! (And all of your previous post @ktcjdrama)

I have been offline with work and finally got around to watching both episodes subbed. 

VP is one of the best characters I’ve seen in any drama (Korean or otherwise). And if I could have her in my life as a mentor I’d be over the moon. She doesn’t sugar coat anything but also isn’t afraid to give credit (the scene discussing GH and NH’s natural acting ability had me in stitches). She is self aware, insecure, proud, goofy/aware of how ridiculous she is, and genuine. No one deserves her but if she is happy, I’m happy for her. Ahhahahahaha :wub:

As for plot holes... I think one of the biggest changes in drama viewers is that Americans (and other western audiences) are used to preproduced dramas. Everything carefully plotted out months/years in advance with large teams, pilot episodes, etc. That is not the style of production in kdramas. 

Kdramas with live shoots are being (re)written on the fly. Keeping track of every little thing is never going to be possible in those circumstances. Same with character development. (Side note: secretary did not lose IQ points. She has always been emotional rather than calculating in her decision making. She needed to make a deal that she thought would work out but didn’t count on the golden team of GH and Dom (plus faithful side kick DJ and fairy godmother VP)). 

Sure, TSLOMS isn’t going down as the best dramas in history. But then most dramas won’t. This is a sweet-angsty ride, a return to old school romcom(IMO) and has been an absolute blast. With the extra special bonus of some of the best discussions ever on a kdrama message board.

——

some hopes for Monday/Tuesday:

-a few more cute kisses and other cute moments for our couple. The tie up of their conflict was pretty shallow and quick so I now want an overload of cute... give it to us! It is what the people want!!!

-DOUBLE WEDDING!!! (Pretty pretty please!!!)

-Take down of uncle in a publicly humiliating way at the board meeting

-Arrest of SecLee (really the only possible end to her arch imo)

-the sister getting cast in a drama...

-GH NOT Dom’s secretary—I’ve little hope but still. This is a real issue for me. (WWWSK failed in this and killed the drama for me)

Look forward to seeing you all next week! Xx

8 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

The character VP seems to be a shallow person but if we observe carefully, she has also been one who offers nuggets of wisdom to other characters at critical time. 

@ktcjdrama, you're SPOT ON about VP's character and Kim Jae Kyoung nails her role to perfection! :blush:

Archived