Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2019] The Secret Life of my Secretary / I love you from the beginning, 초면에 사랑합니다

DJ and VP at her place by an outdoor fire. They're talking about GH, and mother appeared. VP became protective about DJ. Mother said is this the guy that make her not going to marry Dom? DJ bowed and greeted her when he knew it's VP's mother. VP is talking bad about her mother, but DJ hushed her saying how can this woman be violent? Mother softened just a tad but next question was who is your father? VP told her that he is a person who won't meet her requirement. Anyhow, DJ figured out that that GH is doing all those things because of him. More talking between them.

Dom is leaving his office, but he spotted GH waiting for him outside the building. He is wondering if that's her and why she isn't going home yet. He then got a call to meet with someone, and he went to hand that person a document. He then quickly peeked again to the spot where GH was sitting earlier. But she is not there anymore.

Uncle's office, they're analyzing the voting possibilities for president. Suddenly a person came in to announce something that shocked them, about CinePark signing something. Uncle went out hurriedly and sneaked into Dom's office, searching for some stuff, and he saw the printed excel document on his table. So he took it and make a call to someone to check on the file. Just as he was updated on the file and walking out, Sec.Lee saw him, so she approached him and told him it's all her fault. Uncle is still insistent to fire all the secretaries. Sec.Lee stopped him from leaving, and made a deal with him, by offering information about Dom's medical condition. He started to smile and she told him to make sure he keeps his promise.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 5

Dom leaving office at night. He sees GH is still sitting outside waiting for him. But he gets a call and meets with some business dude. He looks outside but she's gone now. He seems a little disappointed. 

Something going on with the uncle and other board member higher up guys. Uncle is mad, goes sneaking into Dom's office. He's snooping around for something. He finds that weird file. Dom had it printed put on his desk. He leaves with the file. Evil secretary spots him leaving with the file. Confronts him in front of the elevator. Uncle goes to leave but she blocks him. Dom is mentioned. Threats? I'm not sure. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

Dom at home at night. He's looking for something. It's after midnight. He returns to office. He sees GH walk by in the lobby area. He goes upstairs. Goes to her desk. Her red cardigan is still on her chair. He opens up her journal and sees her confession note. He remembers what VP and DJ said and her stubbornness refusing to leave the office. He leaves the building holding her cardigan. He's looking for her but she isn't outside.  But suddenly she comes running up to him. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 3

Dom in his room on a call, then realized something is missing, could it be in his office. So he ran back to office. At the main lobby, he saw GH leaving. He went up to his office but before entering, he stopped by GH's desk and making comments about her stuff and cardigan. He also opened her agenda, and found the written confession there. While reading it, he recalled DJ's and VP's information about GH. He slipped the note back into the agenda. He wondered if he should go find her. Next we see him going out the building with the red cardigan in hand. He can't find GH, but just then she called out to him and asked if he needs anything. He said something, she told him where, and then just shoved the cardigan into her hands, then left. GH offered to help him find it, he hesitantly asked is she trying to earn forgiveness? She said no, just that he might need her help finding something like just now. He asked is it really okay if just a day, that after tomorrow she will stop being his secretary? She said yes. He said because he still hates her and mad at her, but besides her, there is no one else he can ask for help (I think). Then he took the cardigan from her hand, and put it on her while saying so tomorrow, for one day, wear this, and come to work. GH smiled a bit, while Dom still sulking. ~ End of episode. (and I think there's a new OST here??)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 8

They talk a little. He is still a little pouty. He hands her the cardigan and goes to leave again. They are having a cute little pouty stand off. He says some words then takes the red cardigan and puts it over her shoulders. She smiles some. So not together but she's back as secretary it seems. She's gonna have to prove herself now and protect Dom at all costs! 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

Preview:

- Dom is asking GH whether he can be the president of the company

- DJ and Sec.Lee having an argument, DJ not approving the excel file activities and Sec.Lee is telling him do you know the person who caused your mother's death?

- Uncle with Sec.Lee, I think he is not keeping his end of the deal, because she looks shocked.

- Uncle is testing Dom's ability to recognize faces by getting a line of men in black suit and asked him to point out a Director Park.

• Like 5
  • Sad 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 5

Thanks for the recaps!

Won't lie a little, wee bit (ok quite a lot bit) disappointed we had such a quick resolution to their conflict... It would have been nice if GH spent time working behind the scenes (helping, protecting, watching over, grovelling) and for Dom to give her a cold shoulder (maybe throwing the confession in her face with a 'if I meant to so much to you, how was this so hard to say?'). No one gets over that so quickly... almost as fast as that cast coming off...

... but also happy that they are moving the story along fast enough that we will get satisfying(please drama gods!!!) conclusions to the various plot lines.

I haven't said this enough but I LOVE that they have cast Jang So-yeon as Sec Lee / the main villain(in my eyes). She is such a good actress and deserves bigger roles.

• Like 5
  • Love 3

7 minutes ago, tinymel said:

Won't lie a little, wee bit (ok quite a lot bit) disappointed we had such a quick resolution to their conflict... It would have been nice if GH spent time working behind the scenes (helping, protecting, watching over, grovelling) and for Dom to give her a cold shoulder (maybe throwing the confession in her face with a 'if I meant to so much to you, how was this so hard to say?'). No one gets over that so quickly... almost as fast as that cast coming off...

Maybe because there is DJ and VP at the sides helping him see? ^_^

But anyway, I think angst of separation is not the main focus of the show... :P

• Like 6
  • Love 4

46 minutes ago, tinymel said:

Thanks for recaps!!!

I just had a brain fart... are the secretaries stealing valuable art and fish, selling them and replacing them with knock-offs? That is where they are getting all the money from

Yes, I think that's what happened... I shall call it the Fish Fund for now :joy:

• Like 2
  • LOL 9

Posted (edited)

Thanks our faithful recappers @ktcjdrama @turtlegirl ..:heart:

I for one am grateful for a short angsty period . He’s not fully forgiving her anyway but he needs her . At least her helping him will give her a chance to make up for things . 

My heart was beating fast here ..the way he looked at her , I was squealing. Darn sexy :love: ..the unspoken tension & chemie is there ! 

Preview :omg , he winked at her at the meeting with the suits . There’s hope yet for the romance :D 

This Twitter handle translated some important things that DJ  said to him , which I think helped soften things 

Spoiler

Edited by triplem
  • Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

2 hours ago, tinymel said:

Glad that at least one person is telling the truth!  And I'm agreed.  It would have been better if GH worked off her sin.  The Lying Liar Who Lies should not be forgiven too easily, even though it would be better if Dom didn't have to suffer.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, thistle said:

The Lying Liar Who Lies should not be forgiven too easily,

Ooooh... I just wanted it to last until tomorrow... builds the tension better... so more of a pacing thing than wanting her to suffer too much...

I love together too much not to want them to have lots of screen time

• Like 10

Thank you @turtlegirl and @ktcjdrama for the recap. I have not watch the episodes, yet and most likely will watch it all tomorrow. I'm just soo happy that he forgave her, even though he doesn't say it. And she gets to be his secretary for one more day. :wub:

I don't know by seriously Sec. Lee Eul Wang is stupid. I hope GTJ stops her before she goes beyond what she plans to do.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, triplem said:

My heart was beating fast here ..the way he looked at her , I was squealing. Darn sexy :love: ..the unspoken tension & chemie is there ! 

Gotta hand it to Jin Ki Joo and the director! 
JKJ emotes so well! (and cutely) Her quirky reactions to him washing her hands, draping the cardigan or just their proximity make us feel second hand excitement. Some other drama actresses have this deadpan look.. the man might be holding their hands, hugging or even smooching their faces off and the best they do is either half smile or pop their eyes. I don't know if her character is quirky dorky fidgety or its her spin on it, but its super entertaining. Cheering for more second hand feels after they :* and make up. :D
The director or the camera person, I'm not sure who, but in some dramas they do this weird thing where they repeat the same scene from 3-4 angles to make it more impactful? Coz I dunno the actors' acting isnt getting through to the audience? All this director does, is slow it down at juuuuust the right moment haha.
I'm no expert, so don't mind the analysis blabber. 

Anyway, i'm gonna go repeat the last few seconds of the episode! heehee adios!

ps- didn't wanna leave out KYK. that hottie just gotta stand there and take off his watch or take a step closer to our lady to give us all feels. also how good does he look in the white sweater an pants? istg, these drama men look better than ken dolls (shoulders, hair, smiles)

pps- i binged Sweet stranger and Me starring KYK last week waiting for this Monday. What do I do this week? I watched all the cutesy shows, and now Lookout, Room 9 and other serious shows remain. Any of you watched his other shows? any romance storylines in them?

• Like 6
  • Love 2