Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2019] The Secret Life of my Secretary / I love you from the beginning, 초면에 사랑합니다

Can't wait for next ep, this one seems to be super sad. But she needs to learn the lesson, and he needs to "experience" life without her, now when he is in love with her, and he knows that there is no other woman. Hope that today subs will be realised much quicker than yesterday :/

I wonder if there be scene from trailer, the one in which he is giving her flowers and saying that he loves her from the begining?

• Like 9

Ok, going to chill listening to Car the Garden's lovely voice. If you don't know his work/voice look him up... it will give you feelings! 

Speaking of feelings this episode had all the feels. It wasn't as punchy/betrayally as IANAR--I don't think I could deal with another of those ones tbh. But most importantly it was *perfectly* executed. There were going to be a lot of ways to do it but the slow realisation was always going to have the biggest payoff. Massive amounts of credit to both of our leads... the crying was exactly what it needed to be... no wailing woe is me, the tears of honest to god upset at the situation. 

I haven't watched with subs yet but the gist I got from our lovely recappers(thanks!) and my little understanding of the language I definitely feel that we are in for a quick resolution... we also don't have time for anything else. I like the idea (can't remember who said it but on my phone so hard to check while writing) that GH might get kidnapped. I do think that she will do something reckless which will put her in danger, sparking Dom into action. 

If not, I'll make them a large pot of tea... because TEA SOLVES ALL YOUR PROBLEMS. (goes to make tea and be grateful that my life isn't full of secretaries and rich guys who act like teenagers)

VP, oh, VP... could you be any more perfect? No, I don't think you could be... 

NEXT WEEK COME QUICKLY!!!  

:flushed:빨리 와

빨리 와

빨리 와

빨리 와

빨리 와:kiss_wink:

빨리 와

빨리 와

빨리 와

:bawling:빨리 와

빨리 와

빨리 와

빨리 와

빨리 와:love:

• Like 6
  • Love 4

6 hours ago, tinymel said:

Bahahahaha. I went with the assumption that 'she took a shower'... I mean she had time for a cast to be put on and harden by the time he arrived... (ahhh dramaland timelines, how could anything ever happen without you?)

I don't think she has ever said anything about this. I took it as Dom just being hyper worried about GH regardless of the situation. He heard 'secretary' and automatically thought about GH. We know that he conflates them already so I think that was a big part of it... but yes, the end of last night was a bit of a plot hole.

Ah, I think Dom definitely knows GH used to work for VP - that entire scene in one of the earlier episodes where he's begging GH for VP's phone number comes to mind :)

• Like 4
  • Love 1

14 minutes ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

is there a preview? or as usual when we most need it, we can't find it? :w00t:

Here is friend :P , thanks to @grake she share it 6 hour ago :mrgreen:

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Praise for our leads 

Secret Life of My Secretary] Eps 23 & 24 spoilers, Kim Young Kwang x Jin Ki Joo

cho.png
Article: Naver 'Secret Life of My Secretary' "You're fired" Kim Young Kwang declares 'farewell' with Jin Ki Joo after her identity was revealed 

1. [+102,-4]
It was so sad when Kim Young Kwang cried. 

2. [+65,-2]
Today's episode was so sad and my heart hurt.. And even then, I was so immersed in Kim Young Kwang's acting skills.. That's why~~ I'll try enduring another week. 

3. [+61,-1]
My heart hurts so much... 

4. [+37,-3]
There are too many heartbreaking scenes, please give us lovey-dovey scenes from now on, scriptwriter-nim. 

5. [+34,-1]
Please let the GalIk couple love each other prettily~~~!!! Today's episode was so sad and my heart broke. 

6. [+11,-1]
Kim Young Kwang and Jin Ki Joo are so good at acting... I was so immersed in today's episode too. 

7. [+10,-0]
I was totally immersed in Kim Young Kwang's acting for this episode~

8. [+10,-0]
Kim Young Kwang has his bangs down in the preview, that was so heart fluttering.... 

9. [+10,-2]
Kim Young Kwang looks really young and babyish with his bangs down. He looks pitiful. Please put them down. 

secretary.png

Article: Naver 'Secret Life of My Secretary' Kim Young Kwang furious at Jin Ki Joo for lying 'tears' 

1. [+61,-1]
The two did their roles so well. They are lovely. ㅠㅠ

2. [+24,-1]
Ahh ㅠㅠ Kim Young Kwang's acting is really getting better. ㅠㅠㅠ I cried along with him. ㅠㅠ My heart hurts so much. The two have to be happy, but there are only a few episodes left. It upsets me. 

3. [+20,-1]
Such complicated feelings... 

4. [+15,-0]
Min Ik ㅠㅠ Don't do that~ ㅠㅠ

5. [+10,-0]
Ahhhhhhhhhhhh ㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜ

6. [+8,-0]
And I thought they are going to have lovey-dovey scenes today.. but they are having a conflict now.... 

7. [+6,-0]
When are they going to be happy? ㅠㅠㅠㅠ

8. [+6,-1]
What will happen to the two? They have good acting skills, I was so immersed in the drama. 

9. [+5,-0]
Kim Young Kwang's eyes were daebak~~ He's a man who's in love, but he turned cold quickly.. Those crazy acting skills, what should we do?

credit : Melohwa 

• Like 6
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, thranduils said:

Ah, I think Dom definitely knows GH used to work for VP - that entire scene in one of the earlier episodes where he's begging GH for VP's phone number comes to mind :)

Oooo... I remembered that as she set up the date and therefore had VP's number...

Ah. ok found it. episode 8 (so ep 4 by the old way) about halfway through the ep. GH flips and says it is really hard to get her number and that she has heard rumours that VP has 10 phones. it is only when he threatens to call the secretary and ask her that GH gives the number. 

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

3 hours ago, tinymel said:

Oooo... I remembered that as she set up the date and therefore had VP's number...

Ah. ok found it. episode 8 (so ep 4 by the old way) about halfway through the ep. GH flips and says it is really hard to get her number and that she has heard rumours that VP has 10 phones. it is only when he threatens to call the secretary and ask her that GH gives the number. 

:open_mouth:

You right, friend LOL. I guess it was a plot-hole after all :P Or maybe he's had a look through her past employers? It is curious indeed :kiss_closed: 

Also, hello hello folks, I've been lurking for some time but I wanted to thank all the re-cappers :) Your work is very much appreciated! @turtlegirl @ktcjdrama

As a side-note to one of the ongoing conversations, I also don't condone deceit any more than the next person, but I appreciate that the drama/writers don't use it is a comedic tool. At least, it's never felt that way to me. It's been made clear from day 1 that GH is aware of the fact that what she is doing is wrong, and that's only been reinforced as the drama has progressed (to be fair, their first encounter was definitely framed in a more light-hearted manner, but that tone quickly shifted after their second meeting). I think I would have been a lot more peeved if the writers tried to glamorize deception as a valid tool for forging relationships, but that hasn't been the case. I don't think that the moral undertones of this drama have been compromised in that it doesn't encourage intentional emotional manipulation - in fact, it spends a great deal of time detailing the emotional labor associated with a spiraling lie (for both the perpetrator (GH) and the victim (DOM).

Also, personally, I appreciate when characters are flawed because it feels a lot more humane and natural? I find that k-dramas often make their characters out to be 'perfect heroes' who are tasked with overcoming  external obstacles, and that's totally fine and valid, but I lose interest shortly because it ignores the other side of the coin whereby a lot obstacles in life arise out of internal conflict / character shortages/mistakes (as is the case here).

Like a lot of you folks, I'm also anticipating GH's character arc in which she grows to be a more self-assured individual who does not have to rely on wealth/fame (reasons for which she impersonates VP) in order to feel competent and confident. In fact, I think that one scene in yesterday's episode where GH begs VP to let her end this charade was particularly poignant because it illustrated that GH has started to think critically about where her identity as GH ends and where her identity as fake VP begins. ;) In all, I think it's important to show characters making very questionable yet realistic choices so long as you don't try to justify them as valid or healthy (or comedic). :) 

edit: please don't tell me I'm the only one who was looking over her shoulder for the entirety of the hand-washing scene in fear that someone would barge in and ask WHY I was watching explicit material so early in the morning :flushed::bawling:

That scene was ............................ out there LOL

Image result for blushing gif

• Like 5
  • LOL 4
  • Love 6
  • Insightful 1

9 hours ago, turtlegirl said:

So what is everyone's thoughts on this?

Can Dom really not see GH in the preview when he walks by her in the hospital? Oooorrr, is he just pretending not to be able to?

I think this is important. If he really cannot see her, then does this mean he stopped loving her? :bawling:

No, I think he can see, but he's pretending not to. I'm sure another case that Dr.Gu has not figure out, yet is when you get angry, blood pressure goes up, too. My guess is Dom IS going to see because he's angry of all the deceiving and lying he's been through. 

But.. I just finished the episode.. at the end when he fired her.. WAE? WAE? Do Min Ik ssi, WAE?!! :bawling:

But it's not as sad as when he was crying. My gosh, my heart :heartbreak: Kim Young Kwang, that was some good acting. I cried with you, too. :bawling::bawling:

The OST was just soo fitting, too.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1

I am good with gh not working for him i feel like gh should team up with vp and make a killer girl team. Plus i think both her and dom need a little time apart to appreciate the love they have for each other. On another note i think it's time gh found her little sister is not where she said she was. Although i am sure it's going to hurt her. All the lying and decit need to stop or we wont have time left to tie all the loose ends. There is still a whole other world of lies going in that office that i am really hoping start coming out soon cause enough is enough. 

• Like 5

@turtle0217 Thanks turtle chingu for your thoughts. You are brave to watch the episodes already. I don't want to watch them (well, with subs ofc) till Sunday night cuz otherwise I will feel too sad all the rest of the week and weekend. And this is assuming that Monday's episode will bring some happiness (which it very well may not). 

• Like 5

Posted (edited)

Well that episode broke me.

Nothing else to say except the sheer brilliance of KYK's acting as well as JKJ. Knowing how friendly and easygoing they are behind the scenes, I'd love to see how this change in tone was played out behind the camera...

I can see another episode or two of angst...well deserved angst BUT nothing that goes beyond next week aite. We need like TWO FULL EPISODES of fluff to compensate for the emotional roller coaster of the weirdest love triangle we've ever seen :lol:

And they need to release that OST playing in the bg when Dom was bawling his eyes out :heartbreak: Speaking of... that scene was heartbreaking to watch. Yes we have only been seeing GH's side of things - tbh I never really thought about the intensity of how invested he would be in their relationship and the amount of trust he has on the very few people in his life (and the fact that she knew this about him) so seeing him break down like that was to me, akin to a child realising he was being lied to this entire time.

Besides, I hope we get to see a more 'assertive' GH next week. Yes I know she's in the wrong from the get go, but I just want her to be able to explain her side of things. How she felt that she was being mistreated as a person, that she noticed how different he was with other women. (I mean Sec Lee was the main instigator here if you really thing about it...:ph34r:) Just let her speak HER truth (ironic) but still LET HER EXPLAIN. Then let Dom decide for himself whether he will forgiver her. Let him think about it from her perspective for a bit...when he's cooled down. 

*Honestly, I don't think he can last that long without her :wub: but let him be angry for a bit. Just not too long please. 

5 more days!!!

PS. The most sensuous hand-washing I've ever seen :flushed:

Edited by blademan
  • Like 5
  • Love 5

The story has more "she's the man" (amanda bynes, channing tatum) feel to it vs IANAR. Duke eventually forgave Viola and his reasoning was they wouldn't be able to get to know each other the same way if she didn't pretend to be a boy. He became more aware of his feelings because of fake Sebastian (Viola). It's somewhat similar to Min Ik. He became a nicer person to Gal Hee because of fake VP. He started to notice her more and appreciate all her hard work. 

Anyway, when will he be able to read her letter?! She slipped it in his coat pocket and I don't think he noticed it. Actually, I am not sure if it was the letter.

• Like 3
  • Love 4

3 minutes ago, grake said:

Anyway, when will he be able to read her letter?! She slipped it in his coat pocket and I don't think he noticed it.

It was my mistake for recapping it as the letter. It is actually medicine for his allergic reaction to peanuts. I edited my recap. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

@turtlegirl Chingu, I don't care I gotta watch it to see how it turns out after all the spoilers. 

Also tomorrow is Angel's Last Mission, so I might as well live this week of all these painful drama scenes and hopefully have recovery episode next week. Lol. :lol:

I can't watch it on Sundays, because I won't be able to sleep and dying to know what's going to happen. So watching and waiting for the week to end for new episodes, I will eventually heal throughout the week. Lol. :lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

I've been smiling ear to ear watching this hahahaah

So cute!

A playlist of all ENG Subbed BTS scenes from the drama - 

Would anyone know where to find subs for these VLOG videos posted by the leads? I wanna know what these cuties are saying :D

• Like 6
  • Love 1

22 hours ago, kkddrraammaa said:

Would anyone know where to find subs for these VLOG videos posted by the leads? I wanna know what these cuties are saying :D

:P They're on Viki!!!!!!

They're under the Clips section on the right-hand corner!

(https://www.viki.com/tv/36570c-the-secret-life-of-my-secretary

Their banter is adorable :love:

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2

46 minutes ago, thranduils said:

Their banter is adorable :love:

Thanks @thranduils! Now I just need to figure out how to get past the geo blocked content hahaha. Things I do for kdrama fluff. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

I think next week will be filled with angst and more separation for our OTP, but Veronica Park will make it work out quickly for them. My only hope is that this isn't the type of drama that throws in a "one-year later.." separation period to show us that they grew off the camera or whatever. That would suck, I think. Also, I'm kinda happy everything came out finally, I just kinda wish he demoted her to a different department rather than firing her completely. Now everyone is gonna start questioning why she was suddenly fired since she was such a good secretary to him. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

I hope Gal Hee's umbrella will come out and use as intrument to bring them back together.

• Like 4
  • Love 1