Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2019] The Secret Life of my Secretary / I love you from the beginning, 초면에 사랑합니다

hello @turtlegirl, I remember you from Lovely Horribly, I guess your profile was a girl from animation movie eating noodles, right? you used to post stills from new episodes :D

I like the slow development of romance between Dom and GH, it is logical, if it is rushed, it will be rather awkward, especially that GH is shy and Dom is a bit clumsy :D

• Like 6

Posted (edited)

PD is hilarious; don’t blame her - I’ll be jealous too :lol:

Watch: Kim Young Kwang and Jin Ki Joo’s Kiss Makes Onlookers Jealous In “The Secret Life Of My Secretary” Making-Of Video

Jun 4, 2019
by M. Dang

Kim Young Kwang and Jin Ki Joo showed off their chemistry both on and off camera in SBS’s “The Secret Life Of My Secretary”!

In a new making-of video, the two actors are first seen filming at a sauna. They are constantly laughing and joking around with each other, creating a fun atmosphere on set. During one scene, Jin Ki Joo runs over to Kim Young Kwang and glances at him while breathing heavily. He is unable to hold in his laughter and teases Jin Ki Joo, saying, “Her expression is so scary!”

This playful energy carries on even while the two — dubbed the “Garlic couple” — film a kiss scene. They are shown to not only have a good relationship with each other, but also with the producers of the drama. During rehearsals, Kim Young Kwang leans in as if to kiss Jin Ki Joo, and the writer quips, “Do that later. I’ll get jealous,” making everyone crack up. However, once the cameras begin rolling, the couple give their all in their acting, leading to a heart-fluttering kiss scene sure to make viewers swoon.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1329539wpp/watch-kim-young-kwang-and-jin-ki-joos-kiss-makes-onlookers-jealous-in-the-secret-life-of-my-secretary-making-of-video

Nice jump in ratings . 3.7% is the highest i hv seen it go

It’s true - his head & heart aren’t in sync yet. Part of me is hoping he’ll find out about Gal Hee & secretly pretend he does not know to “torture”  her . The hijinks will be fun :mrgreen:

Edited by triplem
  • Like 7

Ohhh I'm anticipating the fun episodes for today and last night. I've been caught by reality (ohhhh college thesis .:tears:) and I can't wait to have my mind be freed by watching Dom and GH's cute moments. I'll be catching up with you guys once I can finally breathe. Thanks for the recap as always @turtlegirl and @ktcjdrama:wub::wub:

• Like 4
  • Love 2

7 hours ago, rocat said:

but Dom isn’t that truthful either; he obviously (to me) likes GH and I think is caught between doing the right thing (i.e. dating a girl like VP tt families like his wld approve of) vs doing things right (i.e. dating GH, a Secretary his mom would flip into a snarly ugly thing).

look at how needy he is of her. I am just waiting for that last synapse to fire, pending a trigger and likely angst, misunderstanding, despair, etc etc etc. that’s good drama lolz

You're so right about this. He is so needy of her he hasn't realized yet. I just watched with subs, and the part he wanted her to tuck him into bed was because he wanted her to do the same as she did to the guy at the sauna. He said Aren't you going to tuck me to bed? You were so good tucking that guy at the sauna back to sleep... Jealous boy! :D

And then about the flowers... his excuse was that he's always been taught not to come to other people's house empty-handed because that would be impolite, and the only shop open around her house is the flower shop. But GH wondered why would the supermarket closed so early.... Surely he had other choices but still chose to buy flowers instead... so sweet :D

1 hour ago, triplem said:

It’s true - his head & heart aren’t in sync yet. Part of me is hoping he’ll find out about Gal Hee & secretly pretend he does not know to “torture”  her . The hijinks will be fun :mrgreen:

I want the story to go this way too.... Notice that in preview, he saw the two girls at the staircases. And also that GH never knew that he could see faces at times. He tried to tell her about the shareholder's meeting, but didn't get to do that. He never told her that he could see her face when they were under the digger sheltering from the rain, as well as at the funeral hall. So GH didn't know that he can actually see faces now. Question is, this ability from the last night episode, how long will it last? Or will it just be so temporary, like at the shareholder's meeting?

He has additional clue now, ie.the earring. So yes, please figure it out soon and exact sweet revenge, or I will also follow @turtlegirl and start calling him dumdumDom :lol:

He's not liking the real Veronica Park because the feels is just different! :D It is so off....

I should mention again that I really like the character VP. Her scenes are so hilarious last night... I wish she will find the love from DJ if that's what she wants :kiss_wink: Sorry but DJ is still very detached to me... I think the writer has not fleshed out his character well enough for me to feel anything for him.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

From preview:

The guy on the phone is DJ, not Driver (Edit: sorry for misleading everyone... it is the driver after all)

S9kqAb3.png

Dom looking at the two girls

NpKCMlE.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

@nohamahamoud2002 no, that's not me lol, but hi anyways :lol: Perhaps you are thinking of my chingu @turtle0217? We are turtle twinsies :)

@ktcjdrama I was thinking maybe I should be a little nicer and just call him denialDom instead. Let's see how it goes tomorrow!

I am all for Dom realizing the truth but playing along to tease GH. Buttt I'm thinking it won't go this route. They wanna give us angst and sadness I'm sure! 

Doesn't look like GH will get hurt in tomorrow's ep. Also @blademan you are prob right and no kiss between them, yet. Tomorrow's ep hasn't even aired yet and I'm already looking forward to next week's eps! :D

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

On 6/4/2019 at 3:04 AM, turtlegirl said:

@nohamahamoud2002 no, that's not me lol, but hi anyways :lol: Perhaps you are thinking of my chingu @turtle0217? We are turtle twinsies

Yesssss it is her :D

but you are in Angel's mission thread, I think?

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

Yesssss it is her :D

but you are in Angel's mission thread, I think?

Yup I am :)

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, screwdila said:

Finally made my 2nd MV on TSLOMS. Hope you guys like it :)

Sorry guys, had to reupload the video due to copyright issues.:)

Edited by triplem
Removed quoted video
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

@screwdila be careful chingu, it is exhausing to create a video and have it removed. See how to avoid this, I think it is related with the song you use. 

• Like 4

Ok, so it seems incredible to me that Mr. Observant Dom In Ik ssi has not noticed that his secretary is the same person he has been dating. He might be face blind, but he's not deaf? He made a big deal about memorizing people by height, so please, why doesn't he notice hers? And why has she been so blind about the driver?? The script is making them stupider than they need to be. But I have decided to simply put that on the shelf, because the actors are inhabiting their characters so well.

The chemistry is lovely (both between our leads, and between Veronica Park and the sister, omo, that little sister is going to turn VP into her own personal lap dog). Dom In Ik has an incredibly adorable smile, just have to say. I remember that actor in Pinocchio, and he was a chaebol there, too, but a completely different person. I had no idea this guy was so versatile. I'm a bit tired of the wooden-faced male leads who are supposed to be stoic on the outside and wounded on the inside. This guy wears his heart on his sleeve, like a puppy, and it's adorable. I also really like how he and his secretary just GET each other. I've watched a lot of shows where the main leads like each other Because the Writer Said So--and Casting Gave Us Pretty People, So Of Course They Must Fall in Love! But these two actually have compatible personalities. They really KNOW each other and depend on each other and there is a reason for them to get together. It's really refreshing. 

And yes, as people said above--I really want him to figure it out first and play along. 

• Like 5
  • Love 3

3 hours ago, turtlegirl said:

@nohamahamoud2002 no, that's not me lol, but hi anyways :lol: Perhaps you are thinking of my chingu @turtle0217? We are turtle twinsies :)

@ktcjdrama I was thinking maybe I should be a little nicer and just call him denialDom instead. Let's see how it goes tomorrow!

I am all for Dom realizing the truth but playing along to tease GH. Buttt I'm thinking it won't go this route. They wanna give us angst and sadness I'm sure! 

Doesn't look like GH will get hurt in tomorrow's ep. Also @blademan you are prob right and no kiss between them, yet. Tomorrow's ep hasn't even aired yet and I'm already looking forward to next week's eps! :D

I'm watching this drama, too, but too busy and barely got around to this thread. Well, hello! I'm new here. Heehee. :lol:

I'm guessing my chingu @turtlegirl and I are confusing you all, huh? Lol.

Anyways, soo excited to see what will happen tomorrow. I hope Dom's vision stay and he sees that he's been in love with GH all along, but I doubt that will happen, we still got a long way to go before the ending.

• Like 4
  • Love 2

I guess Do Min Ik is totally in denial. He has the clues and everything, he must has his doubts but he just blocks everything away and believe what he wants to believe. This reminds me the famous quote  "Seeing Is Believing". Only when he change his believe that he is able to see the truth. 

• Love 4

Some of you are frustrated that Min Ik cannot put the pieces together. But here's the thing. Prior to his accident, he's so dependent on his eye sight and his ability to read people's faces. By removing that ability, he's quite lost. Plus, he has this impression that Gal Hee hates him and she's only working hard to support her family and not because she also cares for him. He doesn't want to tell her that he can sometimes see her face because he's scared that she would leave him, and right now he needs her. As a secretary? As a friend? Doesn't matter, he just needs her. 

• Like 7
  • Insightful 1

Posted (edited)

tumblr_psjxh7a9Rf1u97zq0_1280.jpgtumblr_psjxh6pY851u97zq0_1280.jpg

Spoiler

tumblr_psjxh8N3h31u97zq0_1280.jpg

Creds. Tumblr

Oh yeah they're just BOSS and SECRETARY. Nothing more. :innocent::heart:

Stills featuring both VPs - They need to stop with the lie man...at this point it's just frustrating as a viewer :( 

Edited by blademan
  • Like 6

6 hours ago, turtle0217 said:

I'm watching this drama, too, but too busy and barely got around to this thread. Well, hello! I'm new here. Heehee. :lol:

I'm guessing my chingu @turtlegirl and I are confusing you all, huh? Lol.

Hiii, I remember you, your profile picture is unique :) always a girl wearing glasses :D

@blademan the writers always keep the tension till near the end, that's why they keep delaying the revelation, especially that it will lead to temporary separation, but don't be sad, the drama is not tragic, if there is short separation, it might last for one episode only :)

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
  • LOL 1

I am so happy it’s Tuesday evening already because that means we have a new episode, but I am also sad because it means we’ll soon have to wait one more week till new episodes... sigh... :unsure: the times when you wish you can just binge watch...

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Omo!! This is from the IG of the actor who plays the blind brother. So cute baby Dom! 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

Oh there's more on his account!

Baby faced siblings :D

• LOL 4