[Drama 2019] The Secret Life of my Secretary / I love you from the beginning, 초면에 사랑합니다

0ly40

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A big thank you @ktcjdrama for recapping with meaning (unlike my meaningless recaps lol). I really have no idea how it's going to play out at this point. Seems Dom is not going to interact much with real VP at the funeral and instead continue going after the driver. This will leave room for a showdown at whatever event it is where GH and VP are dressed the same. So is VP going to learn about GH impersonating her before Dom finds out, then? But really, speaking of...I love you dumdumDom but you really need to be more intuitive or I'm going to keep calling you by this name :PI really shouldn't talk though cuz I imagine I would be clueless too cuz that's just how I am :rolleyes:

Any ideas what the evil secretary did to uncle's painting? hidden camera? I dunno but more I think about it...more I think evil uncle is evil but not *deadly* evil. I don't think he's behind the driver/wanting to hurt Dom/GH/GH's brother physically. But then who would be behind it all, hrmmm......

Dom, let's not forget that 'De Nile ain't just a river in Egypt... :rolleyes:

Ah man. Ok so I'm *digging* the use of the tropes now. After a week of thinking about it and how it was being portrayed, I'm good. Basically going back to my old pov that kdramas are the modern equivalent of Shakespeare or classic opera (whole other essay). Essentially we are in for a comedy of errors that ends up with the otp starting a new life together. Not too much plot but lots of fun.  I'm here for the characters and I'll stay for the cute moments.

I'll post something longer after ep10 but for now, if they can pull the story off a la 'I am Not a Robot' (which I think they can), it will definitely be a rewatch for me.

On a side note, VP and the Jung sisters love-hate relationship might possibly be my favourite girl-mance EVER. Also I can't think of any other girl-mances in kdramaworld except maybe SP--which was never really fleshed out.

The redemption arc will come soon enough methinks

i agree that GH is perpetuating a lie and has selfishly tasted a slice of her heaven ..hehe

but Dom isn’t that truthful either; he obviously (to me) likes GH and I think is caught between doing the right thing (i.e. dating a girl like VP tt families like his wld approve of) vs doing things right (i.e. dating GH, a Secretary his mom would flip into a snarly ugly thing).

i would go as far to say she’s brave for standing up for what she wants in love while he isn’t...yet.

loss (of GH) would perhaps drive him to take a stand; like how he was with his job - he’s lost it once, and he doesn’t want to again so he’s fighting the big bad.

look at how needy he is of her. I am just waiting for that last synapse to fire, pending a trigger and likely angst, misunderstanding, despair, etc etc etc. that’s good drama lolz

i haven’t caught last weeks eps...all 4 at a go sounds good this week!

4 hours ago, triplem said:

I think she’s going to use it to test Dom...see how he really feels for Gal Hee 

I have another idea, maybe Gal Hee, who is now deeply in love with Dom, pleaded VP to keep her identity a secret, until she chooses the appropriate time to confess to him

24 minutes ago, turtlegirl said:

@blademan Is that scene in front of the fish tank perhaps? But oh I can sense a sweet kiss b/t them and then...fake V reveal at the end of the episode, leading to angst. Eeeeks :vicx:

YESSS!!! Well idk if there will be kiss between Dom and GH...yet. Dom is still so oblivious :sweatingbullets: and is currently hung up over VP-GH. But at least we know it's gonna be sweet!

hello @turtlegirl, I remember you from Lovely Horribly, I guess your profile was a girl from animation movie eating noodles, right? you used to post stills from new episodes :D

I like the slow development of romance between Dom and GH, it is logical, if it is rushed, it will be rather awkward, especially that GH is shy and Dom is a bit clumsy :D

PD is hilarious; don’t blame her - I’ll be jealous too :lol:

Watch: Kim Young Kwang and Jin Ki Joo’s Kiss Makes Onlookers Jealous In “The Secret Life Of My Secretary” Making-Of Video

Jun 4, 2019
by M. Dang

Kim Young Kwang and Jin Ki Joo showed off their chemistry both on and off camera in SBS’s “The Secret Life Of My Secretary”!

In a new making-of video, the two actors are first seen filming at a sauna. They are constantly laughing and joking around with each other, creating a fun atmosphere on set. During one scene, Jin Ki Joo runs over to Kim Young Kwang and glances at him while breathing heavily. He is unable to hold in his laughter and teases Jin Ki Joo, saying, “Her expression is so scary!”

This playful energy carries on even while the two — dubbed the “Garlic couple” — film a kiss scene. They are shown to not only have a good relationship with each other, but also with the producers of the drama. During rehearsals, Kim Young Kwang leans in as if to kiss Jin Ki Joo, and the writer quips, “Do that later. I’ll get jealous,” making everyone crack up. However, once the cameras begin rolling, the couple give their all in their acting, leading to a heart-fluttering kiss scene sure to make viewers swoon.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1329539wpp/watch-kim-young-kwang-and-jin-ki-joos-kiss-makes-onlookers-jealous-in-the-secret-life-of-my-secretary-making-of-video

Nice jump in ratings . 3.7% is the highest i hv seen it go

It’s true - his head & heart aren’t in sync yet. Part of me is hoping he’ll find out about Gal Hee & secretly pretend he does not know to “torture”  her . The hijinks will be fun :mrgreen:

Ohhh I'm anticipating the fun episodes for today and last night. I've been caught by reality (ohhhh college thesis .:tears:) and I can't wait to have my mind be freed by watching Dom and GH's cute moments. I'll be catching up with you guys once I can finally breathe. Thanks for the recap as always @turtlegirl and @ktcjdrama:wub::wub:

7 hours ago, rocat said:

but Dom isn’t that truthful either; he obviously (to me) likes GH and I think is caught between doing the right thing (i.e. dating a girl like VP tt families like his wld approve of) vs doing things right (i.e. dating GH, a Secretary his mom would flip into a snarly ugly thing).

look at how needy he is of her. I am just waiting for that last synapse to fire, pending a trigger and likely angst, misunderstanding, despair, etc etc etc. that’s good drama lolz

You're so right about this. He is so needy of her he hasn't realized yet. I just watched with subs, and the part he wanted her to tuck him into bed was because he wanted her to do the same as she did to the guy at the sauna. He said Aren't you going to tuck me to bed? You were so good tucking that guy at the sauna back to sleep... Jealous boy! :D

And then about the flowers... his excuse was that he's always been taught not to come to other people's house empty-handed because that would be impolite, and the only shop open around her house is the flower shop. But GH wondered why would the supermarket closed so early.... Surely he had other choices but still chose to buy flowers instead... so sweet :D

1 hour ago, triplem said:

It’s true - his head & heart aren’t in sync yet. Part of me is hoping he’ll find out about Gal Hee & secretly pretend he does not know to “torture”  her . The hijinks will be fun :mrgreen:

I want the story to go this way too.... Notice that in preview, he saw the two girls at the staircases. And also that GH never knew that he could see faces at times. He tried to tell her about the shareholder's meeting, but didn't get to do that. He never told her that he could see her face when they were under the digger sheltering from the rain, as well as at the funeral hall. So GH didn't know that he can actually see faces now. Question is, this ability from the last night episode, how long will it last? Or will it just be so temporary, like at the shareholder's meeting?

He has additional clue now, ie.the earring. So yes, please figure it out soon and exact sweet revenge, or I will also follow @turtlegirl and start calling him dumdumDom :lol:

He's not liking the real Veronica Park because the feels is just different! :D It is so off....

I should mention again that I really like the character VP. Her scenes are so hilarious last night... I wish she will find the love from DJ if that's what she wants :kiss_wink: Sorry but DJ is still very detached to me... I think the writer has not fleshed out his character well enough for me to feel anything for him.

@nohamahamoud2002 no, that's not me lol, but hi anyways :lol: Perhaps you are thinking of my chingu @turtle0217? We are turtle twinsies :)

@ktcjdrama I was thinking maybe I should be a little nicer and just call him denialDom instead. Let's see how it goes tomorrow!

I am all for Dom realizing the truth but playing along to tease GH. Buttt I'm thinking it won't go this route. They wanna give us angst and sadness I'm sure! 

Doesn't look like GH will get hurt in tomorrow's ep. Also @blademan you are prob right and no kiss between them, yet. Tomorrow's ep hasn't even aired yet and I'm already looking forward to next week's eps! :D

Archived