[Drama 2019] The Secret Life of my Secretary / I love you from the beginning, 초면에 사랑합니다

0ly40

5 hours ago, realistic2280a said:

Just saw the episode... sigh... the night scenery is soo good.. where do all these people scout the locations, and alll rooftop scenery. :D At least GH doesn't live in a rooftop apartment on a secretary salary :)

Based on next episode preview, is Dominic just gonna date GH after breakup with 'Veronica':huh: Although his heart is heavy to let her go.... but if that is the case, that is life...

I do wonder if Director Do actually knows GH's family - that she has a physically challenged brother and a sister who is studying 'overseas'.. hence would be nicer to her...

Let me rephrase what i said earlier ... i dont think it was cool for Dominic to say that

i. the last 12 hours was the best in his life (huh?, haiz....)

ii. that 'Veronica' is the last woman he likes before he is cured (you want sympathy like?)

iii. he wants to have his 'last' kiss with the woman he likes (pressuring her?)

He just met her like twice, and because of it, he think she is the best? Hmmm... something is just not right with conversation/dialogue...

It wasn't cool for GH to continue lying, though I guess we could understand why she did it, ie not sure if if Dominic's likes her and did not want to reveal her feelings. Afterall she is just the poor secretary and he was her boss.

Regardless, i will continue watching the drama because Dominic and GH are just so cute and Veronica Park really grows on you :)

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, realistic2280a said:

He just met her like twice, and because of it, he think she is the best? Hmmm... something is just not right with conversation/dialogue...

I think it's the way she made him feel... Being with her makes him happy, comfortable, at peace, so he thinks she is the best...?? I mean I was surprised he told her so much personal things, that he is not the biological son (I doubt it's known to public), that he has face blindness (when he tried to keep it a secret in the office). I mean he trusts her so much....!!

It's probably what people call love at first sight? Although I'm not one to believe in that :P

I am not too concern about this whole deception bit...I am on this ship all the way...

The only thing I was thinking about was what a perfect first kiss :D . It really made my heart flutter and I could feel their emotions - there was that deep longing that is sometimes missing in some kiss scenes I have seen.

That dungun dungun moment was at this point when he held her hands and pulled her towards him

giphy.gif

Then he was very unsure since he couldn't see her face...KYK's emotions were spot on

Spoiler

giphy.gif

And her guiding him...:wub:

giphy.gif

She finally went in for the kill :D

Spoiler

giphy.gif

:love: I think rewatched this scene too many times,....yes I should really get a life :lol:

giphy.gif

15 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

I think it's the way she made him feel... Being with her makes him happy, comfortable, at peace, so he thinks she is the best...?? I mean I was surprised he told her so much personal things, that he is not the biological son (I doubt it's known to public), that he has face blindness (when he tried to keep it a secret in the office). I mean he trusts her so much....!!

It's probably what people call love at first sight? Although I'm not one to believe in that :P

Hmm.. i know.. but its just so unrealistic in a way since when they first met, she was asking him to do stuff.... and he thinks that is cute... hmmm...

I understand why the storyline is going that way, but i wish there more reasoning and not just because an hour spent together. Mind you, he didnt even see her face.... he wasnt that bad as a boss, in a way, that's why Sec Jeong could stay long with him...  ok, my train of thoughts is not working well, its just so hot outside now.. my brain is not functioning well, hahaha..  will revisit this dilemma later.. :)

okay, saw finally the two episodes and like many here, am really disappointed with the current track. my current feel can be summed up like this "awww, min ik. poor thing!" yea, there are lots of dramas where deception happens but you often watch with a detached view. but here, we are keenly aware of how vulnerable min ik is especially given his illness and gal hee is taking advantage of him for her own purposes. never mind that she hates herself blah blah. she comes across as extremely self-centred where she is taking advantage of his vulnerability to continue fulfilling some dream of hers. so what if she isn't using him for evil but she is still using him. did not enjoy the kiss and instead wanted to whack her.

on the bright side, veronica park and dal joo interactions continue to sparkle. at least these two are honest. the real VP does not believe the rich fall in love or experience love. whereas dal joo believes that the differences between the two of them are so vast that they could never have a relationship, so why bother. it will make their relationship progress fun to watch. by the way, does anyone else think that his secretary is probably his mother? that she gave up the child when he was young or something?

Rewatched the last episode again and I have to say, while I was okay with the kiss and deceit at the time now I feel like the revelation is going to be all the more painful. Now he’s completely fallen for her and when he finds out...how do you think it will feel knowing that ‘one of the happiest times in your life’ was a lie? 

Okay I get that in her head, due to her feelings and low self esteem, it was the last chance for her to spend time with the guy she likes but I don’t think she seems to grasp that all lies will surface sooner or later :crazy: and also the extent of how he rarely trusts people in his life! She seems to be quite naive to think he won’t ever find out? Or that if he does he’s just gonna forgive her if she explains herself? (Kinda reminds me of IANAR when the deceit got out of hand at one point) 

I expect him to feel extremely betrayed when he finds out the truth and being the drama it is, it’s probably gonna happen around the time the uncle leaks info that he has a condition :tears: and it will be oh-so-convenient to believe she did it! 

I know there will still be another instance where she becomes VP-GH again...but I hope that’s the last time! She has got to stop this. She’s not doing anyone any more favours putting up with that lie, not even herself at this point. 

BUT I WILL STILL CONTINUE WATCHING BECAUSE I AM TOO DANG INVESTED :lol:

55 minutes ago, blademan said:

I expect him to feel extremely betrayed when he finds out the truth and being the drama it is, it’s probably gonna happen around the time the uncle leaks info that he has a condition :tears: and it will be oh-so-convenient to believe she did it! 

@blademan ~ the problem with her deception is that it makes no sense. in other dramas, deception often happens out of revenge or some loyalty or duty and so the angst feels real. the lover is in some sense casualty but they can't be told the secret. here, she is just plain selfish and a coward. there is no real plausible reason for the continued deception.

she is only thinking about herself but not about how it will hurt him. yes, he will be devastated because he believes she is warm hearted and considerate. so it will feel like what he knows about her is entirely false. he already feels like his secretary resents him and doesn't want to renew the contract.

so he is going to see it as some sort of revenge because she didn't see him as a person with heart. so in that sense, her love for him feels rather shallow in comparison. and who would want a love that shallow? so while most dramas just come up with "love conquers all" kind of logic to tie up loose ends, hope the writer does a lot of work in redeeming the character where there is actual growth. for some folks, trust matters and for min ik who is already quite alone and isolated, it would matter more no?

26 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

@blademan ~ the problem with her deception is that it makes no sense. in other dramas, deception often happens out of revenge or some loyalty or duty and so the angst feels real. the lover is in some sense casualty but they can't be told the secret. here, she is just plain selfish and a coward. there is no real plausible reason for the continued deception.

she is only thinking about herself but not about how it will hurt him. yes, he will be devastated because he believes she is warm hearted and considerate. so it will feel like what he knows about her is entirely false. he already feels like his secretary resents him and doesn't want to renew the contract.

so he is going to see it as some sort of revenge because she didn't see him as a person with heart. so in that sense, her love for him feels rather shallow in comparison. and who would want a love that shallow? so while most dramas just come up with "love conquers all" kind of logic to tie up loose ends, hope the writer does a lot of work in redeeming the character where there is actual growth. for some folks, trust matters and for min ik who is already quite alone and isolated, it would matter more no?

I agree with you. When he talked about old secretary deceiving him (ep. 6, on the beach)... I expected that the truth will come out because the pretence after that is too cruel to him. She's completely taking advantage of this situation and the consequence isn't worth it. At this point, GH's character needs some development in properly handling this issue when the lie is caught (she should've admitted but here we are). 

On the other note, I'm falling in love with Jin Ki Joo. Her acting and chemistry with KYK is amazing. She put a lot of work in making GH endearing despite my frustrations lol

I am eager to see whether he is going to clearly see her face after the kiss. If he doesn't see it then it will create a confusing feeling in him since he can see GH's face clearly.

And the scene in the sauna was really weak writing,I mean like really writers??

In this drama the main leads story is so illogical. I know male lead is a facial recognization problem but why he cannot recognize other voice like his secretary and friend. He spends most of the time with them but he can not recognize it. Ok I understand he has a brain problem so he has some brain issue. One the other hand female lead Gal he she deceives Do min ikk to act as a veronika.She is sweet girl, she helps her boss lot. But this kind of action is not be forgotten? I hope writer of this drama would work on this story because the main leads they are really good at acting they have so much potential to lead this drama. But this concept of this drama is very poor. I am sorry if I hurt someone. I just shared my opinion. I hope you guys understand.

Hi all,can I join all of you?:) I just came across this drama last week and I'm hooked! love the chemistry between KYK and JKJ(adore her since CAHM).

I am torn between loving the kisses and hate it because she waste every opportunity to being honest with Min Ik. I really hope next episode she will come clear before Min Ik know from others( though I doubt she will admit it..sigh).

All in all, I still love this Galik couple, their chemistry is undeniable..love every moment of them together especially when Min Ik smile innocently..I just died and come back to live.lol:wub:

@sn2111a ooo I love the BTS. But SBS should give us the armpit warmer & kiss BTS. That would be AWESOME! :D

Lol! What’s Kocowa doing ? :joy:

Spoiler

JKJ posted this , so cute

Gal Hee's intentions have never been bad, just severely misguided, so I cannot hate on her. Girl's just gotta learn some self worth and self love, which would be a very important lesson for the show to impart. 

Dominique should be a little relieved when he finds out the truth, right? All I'm saying is, being in love with 2 different girls would be hard to handle, right? 

Have they finished filming already? Reason I ask is cuz we saw the BTS of GH in the hospital with the cast on her arm a long time ago it seems. Yet that still hasn't aired. I wonder if the old cliche will happen where they fight and separate but then she gets hurt and he realizes he cannot live without her. I don't really care, I just want to see them being sweet on each other. 

After finally watching with subs, I don't see how Dom hasn't yet picked up on fake V being GH. So many signs!! Ooof boy. Also how come he started to be able to see her face without the cardigan, right? But then at the spa, he couldn't see it again? You'd think surely after the kiss that he would see it!

Speaking of the spa, they went at like 3am. And it was so crowded! Someone enlighten me, is that how it really is? People go to the spa at 3am lol. Wild. 

One more question, does DJ know that GH specifically is impersonating Veronica? I guess so, though it never really was mentioned. 

Btw, love all the BTS, they are so adorbs together :wub:

I'll catch up on the thread here soon! 

On 5/30/2019 at 4:36 AM, realistic2280a said:

ok, my train of thoughts is not working well, its just so hot outside now.. my brain is not functioning well, hahaha..  will revisit this dilemma later.. :)

I just have to ask since you mentioned heat and it's been like 100 here all week, are you from Florida too? :lol:

5 hours ago, turtlegirl said:

I just have to ask since you mentioned heat and it's been like 100 here all week, are you from Florida too? :lol:

Haha.

Me, nah, the opposite and far away Florida actually.:)

Global warming is real people.Earth is getting warmer and weather is getting more severe:(

6 hours ago, turtlegirl said:

Have they finished filming already? Reason I ask is cuz we saw the BTS of GH in the hospital with the cast on her arm a long time ago it seems. Yet that still hasn't aired.

It was mentioned last week in the news about that actress who's playing the uncle's secretary's scandal that they have filmed till episode 28 then. So I think they should be wrapping up soon :)

@turtlegirl I think the hospital scene will happen soon but I don’t think it will be a fight-then-separate case. The driver is now targeting GH since she saw the content of the excel file, so I am guessing she got injured because of the driver. 

I doubt Dom will find out soon about GH impersonating VP, because that is the main premise of the story. I am guessing she would impersonate VP one more time since there is the still of her and VP wearing the same clothes on the staircases. Must be because the mothers insisted they met and VP once again asking GH to go in her stead. 

Some questions I now have:

- Will Dom ever be cured of his disease? If so, how? Another hit on the head?

- How will Dom find out real identity of the woman he’s kissed? Him finding out by himself because he is cured? Or GH telling him? Maybe by appearing to him as VP but then put on red cardigan to show her face? So looking forward to the reveal and what will Dom’s reaction be...

- If any other person put on red cardigan and dress up like GH, would Dom then see her face too? Haha this is just for fun, I doubt it will ever happen in the drama. 

15 hours ago, turtlegirl said:

Gal Hee's intentions have never been bad, just severely misguided, so I cannot hate on her. Girl's just gotta learn some self worth and self love, which would be a very important lesson for the show to impart. 

Dominique should be a little relieved when he finds out the truth, right? All I'm saying is, being in love with 2 different girls would be hard to handle, right? 

Have they finished filming already? Reason I ask is cuz we saw the BTS of GH in the hospital with the cast on her arm a long time ago it seems. Yet that still hasn't aired. I wonder if the old cliche will happen where they fight and separate but then she gets hurt and he realizes he cannot live without her. I don't really care, I just want to see them being sweet on each other. 

After finally watching with subs, I don't see how Dom hasn't yet picked up on fake V being GH. So many signs!! Ooof boy. Also how come he started to be able to see her face without the cardigan, right? But then at the spa, he couldn't see it again? You'd think surely after the kiss that he would see it!

Speaking of the spa, they went at like 3am. And it was so crowded! Someone enlighten me, is that how it really is? People go to the spa at 3am lol. Wild. 

One more question, does DJ know that GH specifically is impersonating Veronica? I guess so, though it never really was mentioned. 

Btw, love all the BTS, they are so adorbs together :wub:

I'll catch up on the thread here soon! 

I think they finished filming up until ep 28 :) I saw in a news or something before, I think? 

About the sauna, most koreans especially those who works until midnight (overtime) usually go to a sauna to take a break even sleep. I've seen it in the drama Misaeng were most company employee use sauna as if it is their home. It's cheap and very comfortable place. I've tried going to a sauna at 3 am too to try to experience and I promise you it was such a delight hahahaha. 

6 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Some questions I now have:

- Will Dom ever be cured of his disease? If so, how? Another hit on the head?

- If any other person put on red cardigan and dress up like GH, would Dom then see her face too? Haha this is just for fun, I doubt it will ever happen in the drama. 

I actually want this not to happen. There were no cure yet in such disease in real life so I don't think the drama will take a risk of putting a cure on Dom's case hahaha. I actually like the fact that Dom will find other way to recognize face and still learn to love and trust despite his sickness and of course, since Galhee is with him. It would make their love story not really as tragic as other stories out there with disease induce romance but it would make their love story more romatic, don't you think? hahahaha

On the second question, okay that is funny hahahaha bu I think if that really happens its Galhee's face he will see, I think? Because just like the doc said Galhee is imprinted to his mind

Archived