[Drama 2019] The Secret Life of my Secretary / I love you from the beginning, 초면에 사랑합니다

0ly40

This fake thing does not do well with me. I might not continue watching it live and wait for the series to end before watching it again. This was the perfect episode for him to know about the deception. If he knew it this episode, it will be romcom all the way. Funny and sweet scenes etc. But beyond this episode, there will just be angst. And dealing with angst by waiting next episode is bad. Haha. 

The last scene was good though, I would admit. Still bringing the feels. Thumbs up. The actors are good.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay this episode was heartbreak ON SO MANY LEVELS :bawling::heartbreak:

1. GH now knows how 'in love' Dom is with VP - which makes her think even more that he will never like someone like her.

2. The fact that he told her he most probably won't fall for anyone else with his condition, that's why he asked her for that kiss as he said it will be his last in this life. Imagine GH hearing this :tears: 

3. GH enjoying being pampered as VP-GH just so she can spend time with Dom because in her head, he will never see GH as anything more than a secretary. 

4. Dom seeing GH in the 'night spa' and how she tries to avoid him makes him think even more that she hates him :(

4. GH begging DJ not to say anything to Dom UGH this scene broke me! Even watching it w/o subs was painful. DJ definitely knows GH likes Dom now.

5. Both Dom and GH realising the harsh reality of his condition. Him not being able to even see that VP-GH was crying must have been hurtful :(

6. THE KISS WAS SO BEAUTIFUL. Bittersweet. But still beautiful.

They should be caught in the rain and her hair will get drenched and she'll be forced to remove her glasses. And on the brink of realization, he gets distracted by a thunderclap. 

VP takes every opportunity to be funny and play the situation. Look at how she appropriates the broken hand statue. 

26 minutes ago, queza02 said:

This fake thing does not do well with me. I might not continue watching it live and wait for the series to end before watching it again.

Nor me either.  It makes me feel queasy.  And, honestly, as much as I really, really loved the first two episodes, I quit watching when I knew that GH was deceiving Dom.  I'm just reading recaps because I'm not fully ready to give up on this show.

There's an old saying that my folks taught me, and I know that it is true:

The person who tells a lie will become a slave to that lie.

Anyone else who has ever been caught in a lie will realize the truth of that, too.  Lies are all about loss of control and exits being slammed shut and getting stuck in a corner.  Lies do nothing but cause pain and unhappiness.  

I was literally cringing when I read about GH pretending to be both herself and FV.  That's not funny; it's just painful for her, and it's cruel to Dom.  How can she live with herself for treating him this way?  He doesn't deserve betrayal (no one does!) but that's the only thing he has ever gotten from anyone, including his "best" friend.  I can't stand that.

It doesn't matter how "good" the kisses look in the gifs, they are tainted and false and poisoned because there is no truth between GH and Dom.

I want the deception to be over.  Immediately. 

But, you know what, as an honest person I've gotta say it:  this show and I are probably done.  I'm sorry because I think JKJ is great in this role, and that's the reason I started watching.  

I just realized as I wrote this stuff that it's making me angry, and I don't have time for that. 

Hello everyone, hope you're doing well! Not to be that person, but I must say that I'm quite disappointed, there's no reason for the lie not to unfold, it just pains me at this point lol, and I can't seem to enjoy the scene between fake veronica and dom I'd rather watch the scene between him and GH. And the more it'll take to unfold the more pain they'll make us go through 

All in all Im not sure I'm ready to watch today's ep, I don't want to see her deceiving him etc (I'm just rambling haha)

Alhough, I don't like fact that he kissed VP-GH(kiss scene itself was :heart:), I won't give up on the story. There might be reason why they are doing it this way, and maybe he need to realised first that his own words about not to be able to fell in love with anyone else, were not true. 

As he still denny to be in love with GH, he need some help to realise it (will DJ help, now when he knows?). 

And now I wonder when he will see GH one more time (and I hope that her 'I like you' was not a love confession,rather comforting when he felt unhappy ehh)

7 minutes ago, momspaghetti said:

Not to be that person, but I must say that I'm quite disappointed, there's no reason for the lie not to unfold, it just pains me at this point

I'm that person, too.....see  my post above yours.  ;)

The lie is making me really annoyed.  I know that good drama is supposed to make us experience an emotional reaction.  If it doesn't, then it's not doing its job.  However, this one is making me Annoyed because the deception is offensive given the male leads traumatic past and troubling medical condition, and I kinda think that's not the reaction a good production wants its audience to have.

9 minutes ago, thistle said:

I'm that person, too.....see  my post above yours.  ;)

The lie is making me really annoyed.  I know that good drama is supposed to make us experience an emotional reaction.  If it doesn't, then it's not doing its job.  However, this one is making me Annoyed because the deception is offensive given the male leads traumatic past and troubling medical condition, and I kinda think that's not the reaction a good production wants its audience to have.

Exactly, and lying at this point is really meaningless (I don't condone lying but in some dramas I CAN somehow understand why the person is lying even tho it's better to just come clean) but in this case and knowing how understanding the male lead is, just keeping on lying is just annoying at this point 

But if he finds out so soon , the drama will be over by eps 12 .:D Cause the main storyline is about her secret life , that was the synopsis of the drama since the beginning.....it’d be a real fun twist that he finds out & then plays along to tease /“ torture “ her :lol:

K netz comments :wub:

https://melohwa.blogspot.com/2019/05/secret-life-of-my-secretary-eps-13-14_28.html?m=1

Secret Life of My Secretary] Eps 13 & 14 spoilers, Kim Young Kwang ♥ Jin Ki Joo

secret.png
Article: Naver 'Secret Life of My Secretary' Kim Young Kwang  Jin Ki Joo, end their 12-hour date with their first kiss 'affectionate' 

1. [+137,-8]
I'm one of the people who live life finding pleasure in watching this drama. Young Kwang-nim is the king of romcoms. 

2. [+97,-10]
I used to think that Kim Young Kwang is bad at acting. But this time, I'm seeing him in a new light. 

3. [+66,-27]
Ah.. Kim Young Kwang. ㅠㅠ I didn't like him because of his comment saying that he doesn't like women with huge calves. But this drama made my heart flutter so much. ㅠㅠ Kim Young Kwang-ah... What should I do with you? ㅠㅠㅠ I think I should forgive you for that comment. 

4. [+38,-5]
Why isn't this a daily dramaㅠㅠㅠ?? I'm only waiting for Mondays and Tuesdays to come. ㅠㅠ

5. [+33,-6]
They are so affectionate. 

6. [+24,-0]
This drama is fun ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ But it's a pity that not many people watch this. It is very romcom-like. 

7. [+22,-2]
Jin Ki Joo looked ordinary in the beginning, but she seems to get more charismatic the more I watch. And because she has round eyes, she looks adorable. 

8. [+20,-0]
Today's episode was seriously daebak. ㅠㅠㅠ Gal Hee was so pretty. 

9. [+17,-0]
This is really interesting to watch and it isn't heavy. 

10. [+16,-0]
I hope many people watch this, please... This is a really good drama, it's a romcom that makes your heart throb. 

46 minutes ago, momspaghetti said:

Exactly, and lying at this point is really meaningless (I don't condone lying but in some dramas I CAN somehow understand why the person is lying even tho it's better to just come clean) but in this case and knowing how understanding the male lead is, just keeping on lying is just annoying at this point 

So true.  Sometimes a lie for drama's sake moves the story along (although I detest lying in real life and in general).  In this case, it's just painful.  Lying to a character who has already suffered immense personal damage because of other people is beyond wrong.  It's not funny, amusing, or entertaining.  I want this show to be better than that.  I want the character of GH to be better than that.

Another instance of the writer using a plot device, ie., GH impersonating VP, without knowing when to change to the next plot device.  Or, the writer has no new ideas to move the drama along to the next stage. So, they have to keep the sham continuing, which has gotten repetitive and boring. :blink:

The drama has enough side characters for tangent storylines.  Such as the visually impaired brother and the younger sister striving to be a star.  These characters are totally underutilized.

I get why some people are dropping the drama but personally I can get by with the deception. GH has gotten herself in this tangled mess but she really does care deeply about Dom. Up until the kiss, I think she thought she could end the fake V gig without Dom ever knowing or being hurt by it. Why did she kiss him then? I haven't watched with subs yet either episode but I think she thought it would be her only chance to kiss the person she likes, too. Was she being selfish? Yeah probably. But all humans can be selfish. GH is going to come through this learning to be a better person, I'm sure of it. She already feels guilty and regretful so we know she has a good heart.

As for Dom, yeah he's a really good guy who's been through a lot of painful experiences and so of course we don't want him to get hurt. But let's not forget in the beginning, he didn't treat GH the best and was pretty selfish himself in terms of their work relationship. 

Anyhow, this is the storyline from the get go. I'm okay with laughing cuz some parts are ridiculous. I'm okay with crying cuz some parts are ridiculously sad. And I'm okay with the deception cuz sometimes humans lie and sometimes we hurt the ones we love the most. I trust the writers to figure it all out in a beautiful way. 

2 hours ago, triplem said:

But if he finds out so soon , the drama will be over by eps 12 .:D Cause the main storyline is about her secret life , that was the synopsis of the drama since the beginning.....it’d be a real fun twist that he finds out & then plays along to tease /“ torture “ her :lol:

K netz comments :wub:

OHHHHH~ Torture...a sweet revenge hehehe I like that. I'm okay with the pace right now, to be honest I think I'm the only person enjoying the current and the upcoming angst (because the acting is so good) my heart wrench everytime GH thinks of herself as someone not as valuable as she thinks DMN thought of her VP ver. I can relate, GH has low confidence on herself which I hope she can overcome and learn that she does not need the invisible coat of confidence; that status and family background should not be the indicator of what a good and lovely person she is. She needs to know that before she could finally tell the truth to DMN of who she really is. Yes its frustrating to see how her lies will drive their relationship into the edge of a cliff but it would be very satisfying to see that GH accepts first the real her and present herself in front of the man she love not as someone who is lying to be the other person that she's not nor a secretary with low confidence on herself but just her own Jang Gal Hee.

Let say, GH did told DMN the truth "I'm not really VP. I'm sorry but the truth us I'm GH who pretends to be VP" will this be enough? I guess to us viewers we will be satisfied that yes I'm happy with this because finally the truth is out and all comes next is just DMN and GH lovey dovey scene. Then let say, DMN forgave her for what she has done (upon realizing that HE LOVES HER!) Oh yay! But where was her growth, the satisfying character development? She may have told the truth but deep inside her she was still low in confidence. She still thinks that she does not deserve that kind of love and attention. Its bad, yes, it is really bad to lie to a person whose been hurt by lies before and has some trust issues, I'm not a supporter of that either but I really believe this is what GH must experience in order for her to love herself. I don't like the idea of her continuous deception but if the writer has something in her bag that will lead to a satisfying character development on GH's then I can ignore all of that. I'm actually more frustrated at DMN for being so in denial (like how many people you need to tell you that you freaking IN LOVE with your secretary!!!) It's frustrating that he can't see so we can't tell him that he must look at the side of a person because that is how you'll know a person is in love or look at his self infront of a mirror to see how his eyes radiant the word love in it when he looks at her secretary. Quoting VP's word " That is not how you look at you boss( in this case, secretary), that is how you look at the woman you love".

Praises to JKJ. This is my first drama of hers as a lead and I'm really digging her crying. I'm a sucker for a good actress who cries and reflect sadness with only their eyes. Shin Hye Sun is another example of an actress who is good in crying scene and adding to the list of mine is Jin Ki Joo, everytime she feels low about herself and her crying scene in front of DJ begging to give her sometime before telling the truth. My heart hurts and it felt really good, maybe I'm really a masochist seeing how I enjoy their pains MWHAHAHAHA!

I also think that GH needs to go through some character development. Even though she is lying, but we can see from the beginning she has been feeling so guilty and uneasy about it. 

Dom too needs to explore his feelings so he knows for sure whether or not he really liked VP. 

9 hours ago, nubianlegalmind said:

As a drama watcher, I hate misunderstandings, especially the ones that linger. As a writer, I get that it can be a great tool to keep and move a plot along, however, I really wish that GH had told DMI the truth. Even if he didn't believe her, if she told him, it would be less angst and she could stop this ridiculous charade. The fact is, as interesting as VP is, she and DMI are not compatible. DMI is looking for real love, preferrably with someone who is loyal and as into him and he is with them. That is not VP. 

She fell head over heels for DJ because he isn't interested in her. That lack of interest. That laissez-faire attitude of his is somehow driving her crazy in a romantic way. DMI is the complete opposite. He shows his interest and isn't afraid to be vulnerable and say when he needs someone. So, NO. He is not in love with the real VP. Even when he spoke in front of the shareholders and could see for a minute. He took one look at VP and was look who is that and moved his attention back to GH. There was no love at first sight or anything like that. His reasons for liking the fake VP aren't based on anything physical or even the fact that she is a CEO. He likes the personality and the kindness fake VP/GH has shown. Where things have gotten muddled is how familiar GH is now that he has recognized interest in the fake VP. He can't help but notice the similarities, then when he saw her face, he leaned on his illness instead of realizing that it was actually GH pretending to be VP  because he couldn't imagine that GH would like him after everything he has put her through.

Twice, Dr. Gu has asked him about liking GH and both times, he has panicked and his blood pressure has risen. DMI knows that there is something there, but in typical k-drama fashion, he hasn't connected the dots and realized that he is in love with her. I think the separation isn't going to come from him finding out she is a fake VP, but rather his uncle finding out that he has a new health issue. When he had the whole compression stocking incident with the cleaning lady, he specifically asked GH to fetch his suit, which she did. However, it was already too late and the uncle had already seen what he left in his pocket. I can see DMI jumping the gun and assuming that GH gave that form to the uncle like his former secretary did. So, let's brace ourselves. 

THIS LAST PART! OMG! If it rolls out like that, it'd be stabbing DMI twice!! I can't! ~cry~ 

But this was so introspective of you ~round of applause~ 

Also, DMI in a suit! (that short video of the compilation of DMI in suits) IT'S SO HOT THAT IT'S GONNA SET A BUILDING ON FIRE! ~dead~ 

I find the two female lead character interesting. They have a really contrasting image but falling into similar character.

GH has a low self confidence. VP (real) has too much confidence in herself. One person stood too low the other was too high but their character meets halfway as soon as they realize that they were the same. They were lost and finding their own selves (with the mixture of romance along the way)

First VP, she's rich and competent individual. Just like GH said she has an invisible coat of confidence knitted by her parents high position. She seems to have it all- the beauty, the money, everything- except one to two things. Why would you think she's jumping from one ship to another, as if men are just her playthings? Some would say she's just a b**** (sorry for the curse word), a richard simmons or something. That is how we normally perceives it. But what if VP is not really that woman who embodies confidence, when she's actually as fragile and as lost as GH in terms of loving their selves first before others. She had never told DJ that she actually likes him like Love Him. Even when DJ seemed to asked her if she is falling for him, she was just stunned at the words and seemed to be masking her true feelings. Her pride masked the truth because she felt like she'll lose the game if she admits it just like when she halfway realize she's actually kneeling or doing GH's sister's nails and thought " Why the hell I'm doing this?! It is so not me. A rich girl like me would or should never do this!"

Then GH, it's obvious this woman lost confidence on herself from the beginning after losing her mom whom she love so much, whom she admire for being positive and was only looking forward because they knew someday all their hard work will paid off. She did not finish school for her siblings (she felt very insecure of her current status), and now when pretending to be someone she's not, she thought of things she would want for herself but never for a fact she thought that she actually deserves it. She's back to being tamed again (refer to what Eul Wang Hee secretary said about this). She deserves to be love, she deserves to be cared for. She always do that to others - to her siblings, to her own boss, that she forgot that one person needed that most - that is herself. 

It is like VP is someone who on the early age learned how to use make up that on her whole life, she was used to wearing it all the time. GH, on the other side, was beginning to learn the world of make up, she was attracted, was pulled and now seemed to be having a hard time to stop wearing make up because make up build what they called pretentious confidence when in fact they are beautiful without it. The time when both GH and VP walks out of their life bare face, that is when we will all know that these two young ladies has finally reach self-actualization and was able to love their selves as whole. Not pretentious nor afraid just confident and deserving.

finally watched it with subs... NOPE. So at first I was happy that they got the Dom fakeVP kiss out of the way because it is one step closer to ending the fake relationship and him realising that he likes GH.

BUT! urgh. NOPE. not the way it was done. That is soooooooo manipulative of the writers. both of them got royally screwed over in that scene (even if the actors both pulled it off imo). There was no reason for the kiss to happen like that. Dom's emotions got manipulated and GH was 100% to blame--I get *why* she did it (if you think this is the only chance for you to kiss the guy you like yeah I would do it) but in the context? of a 'last 12hrs have been the best of my life'? nope. That is a bigger betrayal than any drama over the medical form. He told fakeVP EVERYTHING including things that GH didn't know. urgh. just awful. And it isn't just a lying thing (I agree with the others that lying is a no-no, but sometimes dramaland is different) it is what you *do* with that lie. and it has gone too far now. 

I'm going to continue because I have hopes that they are going to wrap this whole thing up pretty quickly--fakeVP isn't as engaging as GH. if they don't... I guess it will test my angst-o-meter

I have just watched with subs... and now I have mixed feelings :tears:... Still love their kiss very much but I agree that it's such a bittersweet 12-hour date. At least we see some cute from the preview.

I want the charade to be over asap, but I doubt that will happen even next week. It's the basic premise of the story, so the reveal will be the climax, of them, esp.Dom, on how to deal with the reveal.

I think we'll soon see the corporate machinations by the Uncle as well as Senior Secretary. Don't look like they're on the same side, so where does that leave Dom? I'm not too interested in watching the office politics, but I think it will play a big role in uniting Dom and GH after their fall out when the secret is revealed. I speculate as much...

Hello everyone! TSLOMS brings me back to the dramaland as I am really invested to the story. Betrayals and misunderstandings are also things that I hate in Kdramas, but but but....  JKJ and KYK are so good and funny. Looking at their antics as GH and DMI is very entertaining. Moreover, the side characters are so fun to watch! Should I hold it back then?

I survived IANAR that was full of betrayals and misunderstandings up to ep. 27 anyway, so I will survive this as well. I'll keep going :wub:

Just saw the episode... sigh... the night scenery is soo good.. where do all these people scout the locations, and alll rooftop scenery. :D At least GH doesn't live in a rooftop apartment on a secretary salary :)

Based on next episode preview, is Dominic just gonna date GH after breakup with 'Veronica':huh: Although his heart is heavy to let her go.... but if that is the case, that is life...

I do wonder if Director Do actually knows GH's family - that she has a physically challenged brother and a sister who is studying 'overseas'.. hence would be nicer to her...

Archived