[Drama 2019] The Secret Life of my Secretary / I love you from the beginning, 초면에 사랑합니다

0ly40

Can I just say Veronica Park is hilarious! OMG! Yes, she is siddity and over the top, but boy is she intuitive and real! I like how she cut right to the chase with DJ and was like sir, I didn't come out to talk about business. Once she saw that he wasn't budging, she decided to give his proposal a chance and bounced.

Speaking of which, when DJ was talking to DMI about resigning and asked him to let him go, I felt so bad for DMI. It was like DJ was basically saying, look, I don't care for you and do not want to be close to you anymore. I get the feeling that DMI isn't the one who has been holding him hostage, but rather the uncle and Secretary Lee. If DJ was really about that life, he would say that to them instead of DMI.

So, I have seen the conversation on this thread re: whether DMI knows that GH is cosplaying Veronica Park. I believe he does know. Yes, the umbrella hiding could be a giveaway, but I believe he knows because he is too smart and observant not to know. Every time he has had issues with his face blindness he has gone to the hospital and they have ran every test none to man on him. His cognitive skills are sharp. He remembers things exceptionally well. He is still quite intelligent. He has the acumen to focus on other things in order to recognize people, even if he can't with their face. After the incident with him mistaking his mother's friend for her, he has been especially careful. Someone like that, who spends a good amount of time with someone is not going to be that easily fooled. He knows GH's voice, her scent, the way that she walks and her habits. Even though he can't recognize her face when she doesn't have it in a ponytail and isn't wearing that red sweater and those clunky shoes, I am sure he picks up on other things. Her talking like VP, but then automatically knowing and catching the peanuts in that steak sauce and even going as far as having him spit the meat out in her hand, is very GH-like. VP would never! Also, that same night, he was insistent on taking her home. A woman who runs an entire media and film company taking a walk because of indigestion. It's just too laughable. GH made too many mistakes, all the way down to offering him her basic yellow umbrella, which I am sure he has seen before. Furthermore, when he asked for the number, GH had a breakdown and started yelling at him. I found it funny that he came out of his office while on the phone, pretty much walking up on her pretending to be VP and then watched her hang up on him. He knows.

I think he is intrigued that she is going to such lengths and is having fun with it. Also, I found it strange that the next day, when GH returned to work and couldn't quite look him in the face, he kept grabbing her and looking her in the eyes, because he wanted to make her look at him. He knows. He was smart enough to pick up on the driver being the attacker when he caught him in his office in the same getup as that night. It is just a matter of when he will let on that he knows. DMI knows and is aware of a lot of things about people, including the fact that everyone around him (except GH) are only around him for some benefit, and not because they care about him.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This drama is so fun! I thoroughly enjoy it on my Mondays and Tuesdays after work. Veronika Park is such a personality, honestly, but really AWESOME. She seems like the person to take nothing from nobody.

I actually wonder if Min Ik saw her. I mean, I feel like he's going to get glances of her eyes or mouth but nothing full frontal face. I think she'll keep leading this second life she's got here, what a hilarious story!

2 hours ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

was really hoping Dom Nik would fall in love with secretary in her eyeglasses and red cardigan

I had this thought ...and I feel on a subconscious level he may have something for her  ...especially at the scene in the hospital where he was disappointed she did not stay but gave her the credit card to take a cab home. Or it could be just his over -dependance on her :D

At the end of last epi,the doc said" he saw the face of the person he loved clearly". I won't be surprised if he doesn't see veronica's face cause he already can see Gal hee's face clearly.

I think if the doctor tells him about it he will wonder why can't he see veronica's face when he actually likes her,its cause his heart has Gal hee not veronica :P

Its my purely my assumption :P

I'm just rewatching my fav scenes in the 4 episodes we have!

SPOILER. All Dom and GH scenes. All Dom and GH as VP scenes :love:

Also...what is personal space??

tumblr_prcs5hWHCj1qb9xy6o2_400.gif

Spoiler

tumblr_inline_pro8sbAyaY1r0l7zm_540.gif tumblr_pr7kf4i0TV1qmeijao3_400.gif

tumblr_pr7kf4i0TV1qmeijao8_400.gif tumblr_prf6snk3er1qb9xy6o4_r1_400.gif

Creds. Tumblr (multiple sources)

Or maybe he actually can see her face but he thinks that since he can only see gal hee so he is seeing gal hee everywhere (Veronica) but its actually her.

Can be :P

@sn2111a I don't think so he knows its gal hee cause in ep 4 he was drawing faces and was wondering how veronica looks like.

I just watched episode 4 as real life busted me up this week. But ahhh I love it so much!!

The scene with the yellow umbrella, I about died it was so lovely :wub: can't wait for more romantic moments between these two. 

I did not think Dominique recognized Gal Hee as Veronica Park...until the phone conversation in the office where he walked right up to her as she was talking to him as VP ^_^ that made me very curious. But the ending seemed too obvious that he could actually see her, so we could also maybe be being trolled. 

Anyone wanna talk about the little sister and her rather huge lie about going to study abroad? Gal Hee and her brother are going to have their hearts broken when they find out the truth :tears: what are you doing girly? 

I'm kind of glad I didn't watch ep 4 till now...now I only have to wait 1.5 days for ep 5! 

I do not think he knows that she is Veronica.This would also fit the synopsis/description and trailer of this drama. Based on the trailer, he is supposed to be confuse with his feelings between 'veronica park' (who seems to change everytime) and his secretary. We have not reach that point yet. Though this is not fool proof evidence that he doesnt know yet because I also read in a synopsis somewhere that he will eventually know. Nonetheless, this just means more funny and heart fluttering scenes. :)

Watched the 4 episodes, not bad... dont really recognise the girl, first time seeing her in drama.

I just wanna say, the office set look so luxurious, SBS really has big budget for the drama (and that fish! - arwana:wub:), or else, SBS's studio is really huge :) Just love the scenes with all the flowers, all dramas should take advantage of the blooming flowers before summer arrives.

Now, back to the drama, so basically Min Ik can see Gal He because he loves her... hmm... i guess the show need to show us how is she different from the rest of the 1 year contract secretaries that Min Ik have so far...  Gal He is cute, doing all those stuff, more maybe compared to Sec Kim (PMY')s in WWWSK... makes me wonder, is it so bad for secretaries in South Korea, that they do NOT get out of work after 8pm??

How is the ratings for this drama? I checked Wiki but it doesnt show anything... does that mean that it is below top20 show, but still there must be certain percentage of the population watching the drama? If only, online streaming are included in the statistics, TV companies in korea need to take that into consideration.

Overall, enjoying it (havent touch Abyss) and the other drama in my waiting list is 'Different Dreams' :)

Both leads are rather goofy and cute. I like them. At some point, he is going to recognise her - whether it’s because he managed to put together the clues he has been given or when blood shoots through his brain (I have wilder thoughts about this...heh) or someone tells him eventually. 

My hope is that he’ll make discoveries and realise for himself that it has always been her. 

Relationships almost always begins with dating and then you get comfortable with each other in the good n bad times. They have just done the opposite - started in different roles/ circumstances but the journey, once there is indigestion :wub:, is the same.

Veronica Park is loud and dramatic but has a serious side too. I enjoy seeing her switch languages- makes me think of Lucille Ball. 

Love when she play diva :mrgreen: , her straggler is real :D - the  way she felt disappointed he didn’t pick up fork from floor , make me think she was planning to eat with it after he pick it up :yum: - 5 stars restaurant should be 100% clean  after all  

15582578111558257808.gif

Spoiler

76A2AB7F-AD0A-4A6B-B100-FF6E5F7EE40D.gif

5B928B11-2925-4B95-8737-07918F6DAFD3.gif

0E65A308-98BE-434F-97E8-B7F4E2895D0D.gif

53F973D0-B895-4217-BC12-508F49C03EEF.gif

7F996CD3-EDD0-4E9C-9A3E-DC7310355F39.gif

Spoiler

A9969C5C-7C60-47E9-A3AE-713919932066.gif

AC0597BE-3383-4824-AF2D-30C5AAC3CA3C.gif

F03F8F7E-1BA7-4FF7-AD9B-7ED9A3A52EF2.gif

:joy:

Just realised that she's not wearing her classic 'red cardigan' in this scene in the preview :w00t: and can he still see her...?

I think the climax of the show will be when he can see GH even without her secretary get up! That will mean he has fallen for GH :heart:

But for now I guess he's pursuing VP-GH...can't wait to see the next episode!! 

Archived