[Drama 2019] The Secret Life of my Secretary / I love you from the beginning, 초면에 사랑합니다

0ly40

Based on the character description, the mother of bestie was secretary to DMI's father.  Hmm, wonder if they could be brothers or half-brothers. 

I wonder why his mother is so cold to him.  Perhaps, she's not his birth mother. :huh:

Perhaps, they can't diagnose him with anything physical because his vision affliction is psychological.  A result of trauma, as in PTSD.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just finished both episodes. I really love it so far! I love that I was laughing at so many parts, but also tearing up at others. I like a good mixture. I love our heroine GH. What a wonderful character. Her bond with her brother and sister is :heart: We see how selfless she is not just with her boss but with her family, not wanting her brother to overwork himself, and she herself working so hard so her sister can go far in life. She also seems a genuinely happy positive person despite her circumstances, which I like. She was so cute on her little one day "holiday" about town. I also loved when she "interviewed" that guy who was interviewing her and said "well you know what, I want a boss who is slim and fit, too, not someone like you!" :lol: you go girl. 

As for our male lead, Dominique (as someone mentioned it would be in English), he is kind of breaking my heart. I definitely teared up during the scene at the hospital where he was hopelessly begging the doctor to please fix him, that he would do anything just to be able to see faces again. :cry: And what's with his awful family? That "mother" and "uncle"...oof. Dominique needs to be loved. I will love you, Dominique! His puppy eyes when he told GH she was the only face he could see and please, that he needed her. My heart. 

I read some comments that his facial recognition problem was psychological. But I thought the doctor was explaining it had something to do with when he fell and some plate in his head from his surgery as a kid got shifted around and is affecting part of his brain? I'd love it if it were psychological and could be fixed. However, I also think they made GH's brother blind so that Dominique could realize that he'll be okay even if his problem is permanent. I have to say though, those blurred faces at first were really scary, like straight out a horror movie. I'm glad they turned to just complete blurs, not morphing blurs. I would be so freaked out if I were Dominique (I like saying his English name, can you tell? Lol). 

Sooo is best friend a bad guy or what? I don't want to believe so, but gosh he looked suspicious on that cctv. And knife guy is going to be Dominique's driver now? That means both Dominique and GH could be in trouble soon, ruh roh...

Another good episode! SO CAN WE TALK ABOUT THAT HOSPITAL SCENE???!!! :heartbreak:

KYK freaking nailed it! The helplessness coupled with anger and just pure desperation to be able to see faces again - he still is that 7-year old child, he never actually grew up :tears: I actually teared up there even though he's been portrayed to be quite the brat but DANG that scene hit me hard! And GH heard and saw everything! (kinda upset she didn't react as much as I thought she would but tbh girl got other more pressing problems so it's expected) 

So now I'm curious how DJ is involved in all this? He seems to be the actual son of MI's 'mum'? And why was he talking to that stabber dude? Hopefully it was to warn him to stop what he's about to do....? Idk this guy is a complete mystery. But he also seems to be a good friend of MI. UGH also his 'noona' secretary - what's her deal? So many questions! (But then again, it's only the 2nd episode) 

Can't wait to see how Veronica Park gets introduced to the show! She seems to be a blind date set up for MI. But idt there's gonna be jealousy on her part - based on the previews she will have a thing for DJ and I think he will too! So more room for our main couple :wub: I can't wait to see how he will fall for her thinking she's another person :w00t: so even though I have my finals in 2 weeks time, I WILL STILL WATCH THIS :blush:

@mslilith  If you don't mind, I can explain. So from what I got, DMK is the son of the mom's dead husband. The uncle is the mom's brother so the company belongs to the mom's side family. The family is pretending to be perfect and it seems like no one knows the truth yet. 

I loved that hospital scene too @blademan. I'm thinking it's more psychological considering the fact that he can only see GH clearly. He hit his head before and GH was there. I guess the old injury and the new two hits made it worse.

DJ is probably a family friend. In the flashback of the birthday, they showed two women. One is DJ's current secretary and the other one is probably his mom. I'm not liking the secretary and what she is doing. Why do I think she is the one who hired the new driver to get the USB from DMK? 

GH better get a full time contract from him because in the preview, he says he will terminate when he gets better lol:sweat_smile:. But then again, he won't be able to live without her:mrgreen:

18 hours ago, jongski said:

and other soompiers here.  I'm confused about what happened with the secrtary before  JGH. I guess that previous secretary did something to  DMI hence he never never allowes a secretary to stay with him for more than a year. He changes every time.

It was the very first secretary that betrayed him , she worked for him for 3 years and he was trying to get her a permanent position. That's why after that he was not comfortable with having someone work for him for too long. Maybe he is worried once he becomes to dependant on them they will betray his trust again .

1 hour ago, lu09 said:

I'm not liking the secretary and what she is doing. Why do I think she is the one who hired the new driver to get the USB from DMK? 

same here . She was very fishy even in the first episode. And she is on my suspect list of people who may have hired the masked guy and now driver ) to stab Min Ik.

@blademan good luck with your finals :D ...from what I read - Veronica Park will have a a love line with  DJ. And I think the Veronica  that DMK falls for is actually Gal Hee

I read some character summary here

credit  https://www.kpopmap.com/the-secret-life-of-my-secretary-2019-drama-cast-summary/

Spoiler

Summary

“I am crazy? I am in love with two women.” “Am I a bad person? I’m deceiving this man.” The romance of a man who doesn’t recognize faces and a woman who is tricking her face.

Cast

The Secret Life of My Secretary drama, The Secret Life of My Secretary cast, The Secret Life of My Secretary summary, Kim YoungKwang, Jin KiJoo, Kim JaeKyung, Koo JaSung

SBS

Kim YoungKwang as Do MinIk 

Head of T&T Mobile Media1

In the past, he was able to remember the faces of people even after seeing them for just one time and he used to scan people. Anyone standing in front of him felt felt as if they were undergoing an MRI scan. But that was before his facial recognition problems, this is severe to the point of not recognizing his parents.

The only person he can recognize is “Secretary Jung”, she is wearing the same clothes, has the same hairstyle, and is sitting at the same seat. Next to his secretary is Veronica Park? She is like a crazy woman. “Sometimes she is strange, sometimes this woman is considerate.” Until he knew she was Secretary Jung, not Veronica Park.

The Secret Life of My Secretary drama, The Secret Life of My Secretary cast, The Secret Life of My Secretary summary, Kim YoungKwang, Jin KiJoo, Kim JaeKyung, Koo JaSung

SBS

Jin KiJoo as Jung GalHee

Secretary of the head of T&T Mobile Media1

She is an obedient secretary that does everything that she was asked. She was the witness of an incident and the boss started to see her as the Park group heiress Veronica Park.

For the first time in her life, she was receiving love. She starts enjoying her second fake life and being confused about her real identity. “Can I love this man?”

SBS

Kim JaeKyung as Veronica Park

CEO of Cinepark

She is an heiress with a scary personality. On her way to meet Do MinIk, she saw Ki DaeJoo. She started to fall in love with this guy that has no money and no parents.

The Secret SBSLife of My Secretary drama, The Secret Life of My Secretary cast, The Secret Life of My Secretary summary, Kim YoungKwang, Jin KiJoo, Kim JaeKyung, Koo JaSung

SBS

Koo JaSung as Ki DaeJoo

Head of T&T Mobile Media2

He is in this position thanks to his skills. His belated mother was a secretary of Do MinIk’s father. He is a friend of MinIk and also received support from him. He started to fall in love with his woman. She is none other than Park group heiress Veronica Park.

@Ameera Ali i love this couple ...the silly expressions are too cute

Lol okay now I'm really confused how this is all going to work. He sees VP's face the same as GH's face and doesn't find that odd? Or VP's face gets blurred once GH does a makeover on herself? Okay I'm getting confused just typing this haha. Don't worry no need to explain I'm sure I'll figure it out next week when it happens! 

LOL at the changing face of even the poster at the police station.... :joy:

Okay, besides the familial relationship, there is another thing that I don't understand... If DMI can recognize only GH's face, then how can he misunderstood her as Veronica Park? I guess we'll find out next week.

I'm really hoping DJ is a true friend. His meeting with the assailant captured by CCTV could just be a misunderstanding in that he was upset to see that guy there. He seemed to quickly make a call as soon as he caught up with that guy. But then, in the preview, we see him holding a knife....??

I have a little complaint which is probably not important, but I just have to voice it out... I get that he couldn't recognize faces, but how can he not recognize DJ's voice at the office, and with his usual attire, which hardly anyone else in the office dresses like DJ... Fine, let's say it's because it is at the office, so many people.... then, how could he not recognized his uncle's voice, who spoke a full long sentence? Coming down from an upstairs of an enclosed private place that is home...

@ktcjdrama Yes I was wondering also about the voices. Shouldn’t he be able to recognise by that alone whom is talking to him? He seems so cute like a puppy. I am feeling iffy about DJ. He better be a real friend. 

Also why Dom think V park is her secretary incognito  literally? He better not fire her. 

The cast for this show looks great. And there will be TWO pairings according to the description? NICE. 

Can someone tell me if the secondary pairing got any moments together yet? Their relationship descriptions sounds interesting! 

30 minutes ago, fitzsimmons said:

The cast for this show looks great. And there will be TWO pairings according to the description? NICE. 

Can someone tell me if the secondary pairing got any moments together yet? Their relationship descriptions sounds interesting! 

Veronica park was not introduced in this weeks episodes, but seems like she gonna get introduced in next weeks episodes :) 

FACELESS CHINGUUSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had to watch this drama, as KYK is bae and has been for me since Good Doctor!

First, what an intriguing story line. I like the chemistry between the leads. I also like that GH is a functional secretary. As much as I liked WHTSK, it was not realistic. PMY's character was always running around in six-inch heels and not a hair out of place - yeah that is true fantasy, especially for a secretary who works for a needy boss.

1) DMI has so many enemies. Here he is this sharp and charming executive who could very well become the face and future of the company, but he is up against older family members and other snakes at work.

2) The mystery surrounding the past secretary. I think she was probably good like GH, but found out about his medical issue and once that came out, he had to let her go. He seems to have worked really hard to cover up any shortcoming, let alone the fact that he had an aneurysm. So, to keep from getting too close, which is hard when you are as dependent as he is, he has this one year rule. More so than that, why are all of the secretary's contract workers? As hard as they work and as much as they take on, they should be first in line for permanent positions. Companies will try to cut corners however they can I suppose.

3) DMI has an interesting family dynamic. Clearly his mother and uncle are both by marriage? His uncle was quick to say that they were not related by blood. His play mother also seemed inclined to remind him that they are just cosplaying the perfect family. It is all about appearances. So, what happened to his real parents? 

4) His friendship with DJ is also interesting. I feel more friendship from DMI than I do from DJ. I get the feeling that DJ has always had to play second fiddle to DMI and I am curious as to why that is the case. Even if he isn't behind the attach, he knows something. His energy just screams that he knows something but isn't saying anything. Maybe he doesn't have a choice.

5) The head secretary, Miss Lee. The only permanent secretary in the company. She has been around since DMI and DJ were kids, but she cannot be trusted. She acts suspicious, ever since the first episode. I don't like how she is always watching DMI and GH as if she is looking for gossip. When GH's secretary friends called and said she was being gossiped about in the office, I kept trying to figure out how, when the attack had just happened. How did people know she was there? How did they know what happened, GH and DMI had not even gone to the police station yet? Then when he returned that evening, why was she lurking in his office? The jury is definitely still out on her.

Overall, this drama is very well done. I hope the writers can keep up the pace and we get our questions answered, as well as some sweet moments along the way.

if you can see her from KiLomeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeters away, you should know you already love her

i just hope it is not the same old weird theory.. that he remembers her face because he trusts her and he doesn't really trust anyone else

a good test will be if secretary dresses up differently like never before and if he can still recognize her :P

Archived