[Drama 2019] The Secret Life of my Secretary / I love you from the beginning, 초면에 사랑합니다

0ly40

Gonna miss him :cold_sweat::heart:

tumblr_pta6qpaWkf1vpmpmko1_r5_400.gif

Creds. Tumblr

Only a few actors (I know) have nailed the hot and cute combo...so a big shoutout to Kim Young Kwang for gracing our screens the past 7 weeks by bringing to life the character of 'Director Do Min Ik' :wub: can't wait for the last two episodes!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Writing is an art, not science

Totally agreed 

10 hours ago, tinymel said:

Kdramas with live shoots are being (re)written on the fly

Hahaha, interesting. I thought scripts were fixed n all, guess not?

This is a sweet-angsty ride, a return to old school romcom(IMO) and has been an absolute blast.

It is a blast definitely. Pure entertainment. Old school Romance? Not sure, I haven't see too many, but I guess their parallel story lines were less intense? I think the focus used to be emotions.. these days plots are more technical? Office politics, murder attempt, embezzlement, etc. They take up precious time that old dramas used to develop bonds between characters. Correct me if I assume wrong Haha, I have limited knowledge. 

She is self aware, insecure, proud, goofy/aware of how ridiculous she is, and genuine

VP is my fave too. She a confident, empathetic, self-aware badass. Goals. 

11 hours ago, reign84 said:

Did Gal Hee found the earrings that Dom snickely put n Gal Hee's bathroom

I can't think of a sweet way for her to find out. Dom telling her about it is sensible, but would make him look petty hehe

so I now want an overload of cute... give it to us! It is what the people want!!!

We want it! We want it NOW! 

12 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Writing is an art, not science. There is no perfect formula. A work of art will appeal to some and appal some away, because everyone’s interpretations are definitely different.

I personally would never claim this drama as perfect and a masterpiece that will go down in history or win awards. But I have enjoyed the ride and I think that’s what matters most. 

Well said.  Each drama appeals to some people more than others.  Certainly I am the Anti on this one (because, as we all know, the lying has completely ticked me off and I cannot excuse it) but this drama has still caught my attention sufficiently that I want to know what happens.  I'd say that means that it is a "good" drama because it makes me angry.  In other words, it reaches me.  That is what drama is supposed to do:  make people feel emotional about something.

1 minute ago, kkddrraammaa said:

Indifference is probably the worst thing that can happen to a drama I suppose. 

Exactly.  It is the worst thing that can happen to any work of art.  And it is even worse if a real life relationship becomes indifferent.  If something isn't worth being either happy or angry or having some emotional at all about, it's doomed.

The actor acting as GH's blind brother is brilliant in his role as it is very difficult to act as a blind person.:wub:

I'm a weirdo in dramaland as I'm someone who usually loves lowly rated dramas and seldom watches or joins in the hype of commenting on ultra popular ones! :glasses:

To me, entertainment comes 1st as I simply DONT care whether the writing is bad or poor!:blush:

@thistle I don’t think you are an anti... you don’t blindly illogically hate the drama but have very strong principals that make it impossible for you to get past the main conceit of the drama. And you and @kkddrraammaa are so right.  Indifference is the worst thing to happen to any drama. 

@gladys57 I am with you on this. Entertainment first! So how does this go on your scale of writing v entertainment? (Writing being a 0 and entertainment a 10; 5 they are perfectly balanced)

edit: where does it fall on anyone’s scale of writing-entertainment?  At the moment it is getting a strong 7 from me. 

8 minutes ago, tinymel said:

thistle I don’t think you are an anti... you don’t blindly illogically hate the drama but have very strong principals that make it impossible for you to get past the main conceit of the drama. And you and @kkddrraammaa are so right.  Indifference is the worst thing to happen to any drama. 

Thanks for understanding.  Some posters seem to think that any post that is not 100% positive is against a drama.  I really am not against this one but, you're right, I can't get past the main conceit and that makes this not enjoyable for me.  But I do wish that the drama would do well because the actors are working so hard, and some of the roles are difficult (Dom, the blind brother).  And even I want everything to work out somehow in the end.

8 hours ago, Kwanlitzia said:

Episode 9 34:37 the part when he ask if she wants him to stay over

I can't find it yet. It's been playing a lot throughout the drama, but maybe it's not released yet. Or it's just one of the phrases within these OST below. So far they've released 9 OST, but there is one new OST in the latest episode that have yet to be released.

I have to say, Dominique has been one of my favorite characters in kdrama land and it's all thanks to KYK. His facial expressions are top notch!!

I just watched with subs and I really enjoyed both episodes. I thought it was paced out well. GH felt so human to me and really to me also acted very appropriately. When her one last day was done, she calmly and sincerely said "I'm sorry for breaking your trust and hurting you" and took her leave with a level head. She left the ball in Dom's court and really, who could resist her adorableness? When she was coming up with secret signals for the meeting....so cute! The jealousy scene, by the way, my favorite! Dom was so jealous that she touched another man's armpits!! Haha. 

So I was a little confused...Dom said he was gonna have a goodbye lunch with GH...but what kind of goodbye lunch includes flowers and a cake? Dom, are you sure it was a goodbye lunch, even before you thought she got a new man? Seems to me he was planning a confession all along...

Also wanted to ask everyone's opinions on the secretaries and driver. So now that the truth has been revealed, the whole embezzlement scheme, what's our verdict on what should happen to them? I've been calling the head secretary evil secretary in my live caps, but now I'm not so sure evil is the correct description. In fact I found myself sympathizing with her some. She claims she only took money that was already 'tainted or 'corrupted'. Also clearly her, DJ's mom, and the driver were all mistreated. Plus I don't think she ever wanted the driver to go and try to kill Dom for the usb. But with that said, what she's been doing, and what the other secretaries have been doing, is clearly immoral. So what should happen  to them? As for the driver, why did he go after Dom so violently? That is bugging me. It didn't seem much like an accident when Dom fell over during their fight. And then he got violent with GH's bro too. So yeah, he seems pretty bad in my books. But I also felt bad for him when he got kicked by the nasty uncle. How does the writer want us to feel about these characters? Lol. 

All that aside, I can't wait for Monday. I hope all the office drama gets cleared by the end of Monday's episode so we can have cuteness overload on Tuesday!! 

I'm gonna miss this show so much!!!

Hi @gladys57!!  So happy to see you here . 

I don’t want it to end too @turtlegirl It could do with one extra episode to tie things up nicely . It’s rare to have a drama where I enjoy both love lines . The second romance also had such a sweet development

the real VP !  What a fun OTT character but yet so full of wisdom . 

edit to add: By the way all these armpit warming, handwashing and feet touching are great and all...but please PDnim give us a good good kiss. 

4 hours ago, turtlegirl said:

So I was a little confused...Dom said he was gonna have a goodbye lunch with GH...but what kind of goodbye lunch includes flowers and a cake? Dom, are you sure it was a goodbye lunch, even before you thought she got a new man? Seems to me he was planning a confession all along...

Dom may have changed his mind when he got the call from the restaurant, i.e. when he thought GH is having a date with the man.

In the restaurant, he talked to himself that he will do everything to make GH come back to his side. So I think he has decided to confess when he called GH to invite her to come. :wub:

Archived