[Drama 2019] The Secret Life of my Secretary / I love you from the beginning, 초면에 사랑합니다

0ly40

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Preview:

- Dom is asking GH whether he can be the president of the company

- DJ and Sec.Lee having an argument, DJ not approving the excel file activities and Sec.Lee is telling him do you know the person who caused your mother's death?

- Uncle with Sec.Lee, I think he is not keeping his end of the deal, because she looks shocked.

- Uncle is testing Dom's ability to recognize faces by getting a line of men in black suit and asked him to point out a Director Park.

Thanks for the recaps!

Won't lie a little, wee bit (ok quite a lot bit) disappointed we had such a quick resolution to their conflict... It would have been nice if GH spent time working behind the scenes (helping, protecting, watching over, grovelling) and for Dom to give her a cold shoulder (maybe throwing the confession in her face with a 'if I meant to so much to you, how was this so hard to say?'). No one gets over that so quickly... almost as fast as that cast coming off...

... but also happy that they are moving the story along fast enough that we will get satisfying(please drama gods!!!) conclusions to the various plot lines.

I haven't said this enough but I LOVE that they have cast Jang So-yeon as Sec Lee / the main villain(in my eyes). She is such a good actress and deserves bigger roles.

7 minutes ago, tinymel said:

Won't lie a little, wee bit (ok quite a lot bit) disappointed we had such a quick resolution to their conflict... It would have been nice if GH spent time working behind the scenes (helping, protecting, watching over, grovelling) and for Dom to give her a cold shoulder (maybe throwing the confession in her face with a 'if I meant to so much to you, how was this so hard to say?'). No one gets over that so quickly... almost as fast as that cast coming off...

Maybe because there is DJ and VP at the sides helping him see? ^_^

But anyway, I think angst of separation is not the main focus of the show... :P

46 minutes ago, tinymel said:

Thanks for recaps!!!

I just had a brain fart... are the secretaries stealing valuable art and fish, selling them and replacing them with knock-offs? That is where they are getting all the money from

Yes, I think that's what happened... I shall call it the Fish Fund for now :joy:

Thanks our faithful recappers @ktcjdrama @turtlegirl ..:heart:

I for one am grateful for a short angsty period . He’s not fully forgiving her anyway but he needs her . At least her helping him will give her a chance to make up for things . 

My heart was beating fast here ..the way he looked at her , I was squealing. Darn sexy :love: ..the unspoken tension & chemie is there ! 

Preview :omg , he winked at her at the meeting with the suits . There’s hope yet for the romance :D 

This Twitter handle translated some important things that DJ  said to him , which I think helped soften things 

Spoiler

2 hours ago, tinymel said:

Glad that at least one person is telling the truth!  And I'm agreed.  It would have been better if GH worked off her sin.  The Lying Liar Who Lies should not be forgiven too easily, even though it would be better if Dom didn't have to suffer.

7 minutes ago, thistle said:

The Lying Liar Who Lies should not be forgiven too easily,

Ooooh... I just wanted it to last until tomorrow... builds the tension better... so more of a pacing thing than wanting her to suffer too much...

I love together too much not to want them to have lots of screen time

Thank you @turtlegirl and @ktcjdrama for the recap. I have not watch the episodes, yet and most likely will watch it all tomorrow. I'm just soo happy that he forgave her, even though he doesn't say it. And she gets to be his secretary for one more day. :wub:

I don't know by seriously Sec. Lee Eul Wang is stupid. I hope GTJ stops her before she goes beyond what she plans to do.

1 hour ago, triplem said:

My heart was beating fast here ..the way he looked at her , I was squealing. Darn sexy :love: ..the unspoken tension & chemie is there ! 

Gotta hand it to Jin Ki Joo and the director! 
JKJ emotes so well! (and cutely) Her quirky reactions to him washing her hands, draping the cardigan or just their proximity make us feel second hand excitement. Some other drama actresses have this deadpan look.. the man might be holding their hands, hugging or even smooching their faces off and the best they do is either half smile or pop their eyes. I don't know if her character is quirky dorky fidgety or its her spin on it, but its super entertaining. Cheering for more second hand feels after they :* and make up. :D
The director or the camera person, I'm not sure who, but in some dramas they do this weird thing where they repeat the same scene from 3-4 angles to make it more impactful? Coz I dunno the actors' acting isnt getting through to the audience? All this director does, is slow it down at juuuuust the right moment haha.
I'm no expert, so don't mind the analysis blabber. 

Anyway, i'm gonna go repeat the last few seconds of the episode! heehee adios!

ps- didn't wanna leave out KYK. that hottie just gotta stand there and take off his watch or take a step closer to our lady to give us all feels. also how good does he look in the white sweater an pants? istg, these drama men look better than ken dolls (shoulders, hair, smiles)

pps- i binged Sweet stranger and Me starring KYK last week waiting for this Monday. What do I do this week? I watched all the cutesy shows, and now Lookout, Room 9 and other serious shows remain. Any of you watched his other shows? any romance storylines in them?

2 hours ago, thistle said:

Glad that at least one person is telling the truth!  And I'm agreed.  It would have been better if GH worked off her sin.  The Lying Liar Who Lies should not be forgiven too easily, even though it would be better if Dom didn't have to suffer.

I think she still has to make up for her lies and regain his trust and he didn't really forgive her 100%...he accepted her help as he needs it as the next day is the one he waited for such a long time and he did tell her it will be till then but i'm sure he will forgive her after being such a tender and lonely guy who trully misses her(and because we don't have much time left episodes wise)...I actually really feel sorry for Dom and not just because of GH lies and scar she left in his heart but because of his family enviroment and how his Step Mom treated him all his life,aka with no intrest whatsoever...

I was actually more mad at that Secretary who dared to tell the ex driver that the ones who were responsable for DM injury are not them(in this case the driver) but his Uncle and Father...

And i really faced palm myself when she told that wiesel about Dom condition thinking he would actually keep his end aka not firing the ones who were part of her little "club",i guess the terror took her brain cells for a walk as otherwise why would u imagine he would keep them by his side knowing it fully well what type of man he is...

All in all taking out the annoying Secretary and the Uncle this drama is such a gem for it's genre...It's a delight!

I only watched some parts of the new episode because I needed to go to work. Some quick thoughts:
1. The drama title is so appropriate not just for Gal Hee but for the other secretaries working in that office. Many of them (including the drivers) are keeping a secret from the company.
2. The office drama is just okay for me. I really don't care who gets the presidency in the end. All I can say is that Madame Secretary Lee's revenge will bite her back. The good intention was there but the method was wrong.
3. In his heart, Min Ik wants to forgive Gal Hee but his reasoning (brain) is telling him otherwise.
4. Sorry again for making another "She's the Man" reference. As much as Duke hated Viola, he chose for her to stay during the match because he knew she could help the team win. Min Ik is currently in the same situation. Even if he hates Gal Hee now, he knows he needs her.
5. Maybe it's the sub I watched, but you can sense the tinge of sadness in Min Ik's eyes and tone when Gal Hee agreed to walk away without regrets after she helps him in the voting. Oh boy, you will regret asking that question later.
6. Gal Hee has been getting a lot of hate for deceiving Min Ik. After giving it much thought, it was nothing compared to what Min Ik put her through prior to and slightly after his accident. He treated her unfairly and took advantage of her being too hardworking (I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt and say it was not all intentional). Their dynamic really changed while preparing for the board meeting.

Thanks for the recap @ktcjdrama and @turtlegirl

10 hours ago, kkddrraammaa said:

binged Sweet stranger and Me starring KYK last week waiting for this Monday. What do I do this week? I watched all the cutesy shows, and now Lookout, Room 9 and other serious shows remain. Any of you watched his other shows? any romance storylines in them?

I’m a big fan . Try D-day & the web drama Gogh , The Starry Night . Also hv you seen his recent movies  - Your Wedding Day & The Soul Mate . He was second lead in Pinnochio , but that was a nice drama . Edit to add - can’t believe i almost forgot this - Plus Nine Boys . This is my all time favourite & highly recommended. A very nice slice of life / rom-com

Subbed BTS via this handle 

It's just so like HIM to 'forgive' her that quickly :joy: (TBH I wasn't surprised)

But I'm glad that they showed that he can actually FUNCTION without her in his life as far as work goes - so it's not so illogical that he is capable of being the President of the company.

PS. You guys think we will get a kiss tonight...?

Archived