[Drama 2019] The Secret Life of my Secretary / I love you from the beginning, 초면에 사랑합니다

0ly40

6 hours ago, Lmangla said:

(excluding @thistle here LOL)

Naughty thistle!  :lol:  Armpits aren't that bad, really.  They are just misunderstood.  ;)

It's still a great scene.  I wonder what our Secretary will be doing this week! 

(I was gonna use the expression "what will she have up her sleeve" but edited myself as I did not want to distress the anti-armpit crowd. :D)

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rewatching the preview once more and realising even more that the next episode is going to be quite depressing for GH and Dom :tears: And all of it due to the misunderstanding and miscommunication between the two! Not to forget...they’re both in denial of their feelings for each other - Dom more than GH. Dom actually is just kinda immaturely ignorant :mellow: and there’s the whole VP-GH connection UGH how is it all gonna unfold I’m getting impatient!!

Something to get us through the wait :lol:

Han Ji Sun, who was recently revealed to have been involved in an assault case with a taxi driver, will be stepping down from SBS’s “The Secret Life of My Secretary.”

On May 24, a source from SBS’s Monday-Tuesday drama “The Secret Life of My Secretary” revealed that Han Ji Sun has decided to step down from the drama after realizing the need to self-reflect as a public figure.

This follows news outlet Channel A’s reports that the actress was questioned by the police in September 2018 for physically and verbally abusing a taxi driver while intoxicated. Her violent behaviors reportedly continued at the police station, as she is said to have slapped a police officer in the face and bit another officer in the arm.

In the end, Han Ji Sun was fined 5 million won (approximately $4,202) and given a one-year probation for obstruction of justice.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1326980wpp/han-ji-sun-to-step-down-from-the-secret-life-of-my-secretary-following-assault-case

I wonder if they will recast the role because it seems like an important one. Kinda like a mini villain.

38 minutes ago, selen4ever said:

I wonder if they will recast the role because it seems like an important one. Kinda like a mini villain.

actually thought this actress was the one playing gal hee's younger sister but it turns out that she is one of the secretary. she is the uncle's secretary who is trying to spy on gal hee and has some link to the driver...

finally caught up on this week's episodes.. am really enjoying veronica park. she is so flighty and shrewd at the same time. and she is hilarious in the way she chases dae joo. he rejects her dinner invitation and calls himself jerk and she says "attractive!" hahahahha....

so was anyone else confused by the last two episodes? so both veronica park and dae joo notice that min ik and gal hee have a very affectionate vibe and immediately call them on it. now here's my confusion -- it is not like min ik and gal hee are actually acting any different from before. even earlier, they were both a bit too chummy for secretary and boss. who gives a coat to man like that when you are not related? they were very friendly and it would have been easy for someone to say "oooh, is something going on?"..

what is the change that folks would say "ooh, what's cooking?" they still care about each other. the skinship existed earlier too in some sense. min ik was very comfortable giving her a hug and it wasn't awkward for him. it was in some sense an extension of their relationship. so what has changed? is it because gal hee saw him as a man when she was veronica park? is it because there is an emotional change -- because of his illness, he is open about how he feels with her? chingus, what do you think?  what is different from before -- why didn't folks earlier think their relationship was quite close?

1 hour ago, Lmangla said:

what is different from before -- why didn't folks earlier think their relationship was quite close?

Honestly I think it’s that extra element of ‘caring’ and ‘worrying’ for each other.

For example, DJ first noticed it when Dom got worried that he had been tiring GH after DJ pointed out how weary she looks. Before this, DJ has seen that Dom didn’t really care or notice how he has been pushing GH around almost like a slave. That’s why it took him by surprise to see this new side of Dom actually caring for GH.

Even for VP - the thing she pointed out was GH’s eyes. Being a movie critic, she knows how important emoting and facial expressions are. She can clearly see that GH is worried for Dom not as a boss, but a person she cherishes. VP also mentioned that it’s usually easier for a third party observer to see when someone likes another. And this was proven once again when GH noticed that couple on the beach who looked like they were fighting but just from seeing the girls face she knew it was love. 

Did that help?

1 minute ago, blademan said:

Did that help?

yes, it did some. but still wondering what is that point of change in their relationship because from the outside, it doesn't look like their interactions have changed that much. at least to me, it just feels more or less like a continuation of before. they are super at ease which is why we are getting so much skinship as a non-couple. it is like those friends movies where we see two people who should be together but they don't see it...from the beginning, it struck me that she was acting more like wifey than secretary. if we see the other ladies in the office, they know how to draw a line. however, gal hee saw it as more keeping her job..... but no one commented on it earlier...

It's finally Saturday here and I got to watch eps 5&6. I love this couple so much! I like the added twist that Dominique can see GH's face but not her facial expressions. It made the end of ep 6 so heartbreaking though because she was really sad and crying but she said she was smiling from ear to ear :bawling:

What is this book they mentioned now, Confessions of Adam and Eve was it? Mark Twain did it say? I've noticed it's part of the opening sequence and each chapter is titled something Adam or Eve. Now I need to read the cliffs notes for this book. Maybe it will give some clues hahah. 

I really loved every time GH was pouting to Dominique to not go see Veronica. He definitely heard her. Is he really clueless as to her feelings? And gosh his feelings too. My favorite scenes in episode 6, 1. The hug of course! 2. When he sent her home from the hotel suite and he double checked on her through the peephole of the door. That was super cute. 

So...will Dominique realize his feelings and confess to GH before he finds out about the Veronica thing? Do we think he's going to actually meet the real Veronica? I could see him meeting her and her acting way different and him being totally confused. That could be fun. I just don't want him to be super upset when he learns about fake Veronica. No heartbreaks pleaseeeee.

Does anyone out there still think Dominique already knows about fake Veronica? I know that theory was spinning and even I said I thought he did, but now I don't think so anymore. Just wondering if anyone still thought that out there?

So what's up with the actress who plays her secretary friend who knows the driver? I read she's being axed from the show. Will her character be recast? I'm sure you all are up on it though. Speaking of the driver, he's one of the bad guys, but he looks so innocent hahah. 

I will read through the thread in a while and catch up! 

I can't wait for the next episodes! 

Good explanation by @blademan

@Lmangla It's being put in a situation wherein they needed to stick together thus more chances of seeing each other in a different light. Prior to his "blindness", Min Ik refused to trust Gal Hee. When he had no choice because she's the only one who he can recognize, he started caring for her and started to realize that she genuinely cares for him. It's somewhat new to him and he's been craving for that. He did not get it from his family and that's why he agreed to go on a blind date with Veronica Park for that possibility that he might find a family in her family (I think it was episode 3 or 4). For Gal Hee, it's being in Veronica Park shoes towards the end of their 1st date and in their 2nd meet-up. She saw that there's this side of him that is honestly caring. She couldn't see it before because she's too focused on her duties as secretary and being annoyed at him. At first, she went the extra mile so she could keep her job. After the "blindness" incident, she was being like that because he needed her and she needed the job. She thought she only wanted to save him because he's a good person but VP came along and made her think twice - maybe she's falling for him. 

To continue my previous post...

The reason why Min Ik is also attracted to VP (Gal Hee's VP) is because he did not expect her to be caring -- when he saved him from eating peanuts, when she massaged his hand to ease his indigestion, when she took out her umbrella to cover them, when she waited with him for the security guard. He was touched by her actions. 

Later, it will get confusing for him. Gal Hee is as caring and he will realize that he's attracted to 2 different women (of course he has no idea that they are just the same person). 

7 hours ago, grake said:

Good explanation by @blademan

@Lmangla It's being put in a situation wherein they needed to stick together thus more chances of seeing each other in a different light. Prior to his "blindness", Min Ik refused to trust Gal Hee. When he had no choice because she's the only one who he can recognize, he started caring for her and started to realize that she genuinely cares for him. It's somewhat new to him and he's been craving for that. He did not get it from his family and that's why he agreed to go on a blind date with Veronica Park for that possibility that he might find a family in her family (I think it was episode 3 or 4). For Gal Hee, it's being in Veronica Park shoes towards the end of their 1st date and in their 2nd meet-up. She saw that there's this side of him that is honestly caring. She couldn't see it before because she's too focused on her duties as secretary and being annoyed at him. At first, she went the extra mile so she could keep her job. After the "blindness" incident, she was being like that because he needed her and she needed the job. She thought she only wanted to save him because he's a good person but VP came along and made her think twice - maybe she's falling for him. 

thanks @grake ~ it is an emotional change at both ends and thats why folks are able to spot a difference in the same actions. so for her, before it was basically duty and paycheck. but now, she cares about him as a man, admits that she finds him attractive. she finds the way he has handled his prognosis and how he came to ask for her as cool and admirable. so it was seeing that he is just as vulnerable and her and is trying to achieve his goals -- something shifts in her.

and as for him, yes, it is trust but think maybe it is a mind over heart issue. in some sense, he already trusted her because he wasn't worrying whether she will blab to the management about his prognosis when he saw her in the hospital. he doesn't hire her to keep his secret. he already knew that she had some idea of his illness but not perhaps all the details. and he wasn't super embarassed. in a way, it was hard for him to ask for help but he was also not that ill at ease like one would be with someone you don't trust. so it seems like his mind had to say "yea, lets trust her" because his heart already did. and he already cared prior to his accident as he came for that sports day just for her which shocked everyone. however, he still didn't want to extend her contract because of his past experience.

so in a sense, for both, they were thinking out of their mind earlier but now they are thinking with both mind and hearts and thats the difference the folks are seeing? 

There are 2 scenes in the video below which we haven't seen. 1) 7:20 - it looks like they are in a hospital room and Gal Hee has a broken arm and 2) 8:02 - evening outdoor shoot. In both scenes, Gal Hee was not wearing her red cardigan. -_-

Was it mentioned for sure that at some point Dominique is going to recognize fake Veronica and play along with it? That would lead to assume that he will not be so angry about the deception. But I'm not sure if that was mentioned just as speculation or if it was something stated by production as fact. 

Then I thought if he doesn't realize the fake Veronica, how could it be revealed? Isn't there a still shot of GH dressed like Veronica and the real Veronica wearing the same outfit and standing right next to her? That could be a scene for revelation hmmm.

I wonder if at some point, Gal Hee will ditch the red cardigan and he'll still recognize her, but she won't realize "hey he's seeing me without my cardigan on." Actually, Dominique might not realize he's doing so either. That could be cute.

So many curiosities how this will play out. Yes I'm starting to think about this show a lot. Obsession starting uh ohs.... 

Hoo~ I've been working on remembering my previous soompi account but to no avail. Hi Guys! I'm so glad to say my kdrama slump had been put on a stop because of this drama. YAY!

Well there is nothing special with the plot but I fell in love with the characters and of course the chemistry between our main leads. KYK is simply gorgeous with his smiles. For JKJ, I have seen her in small roles (I'm aware of CHM but has not yet started with it) but she's really a rising actress, I love her detailed acting and her voice is enchanting. 

So yeah that is my short comment about our cute leads.

For the show itself, I won't say its predictable nor cliche.I'm actually digging it even when some scenes don't make sense to me because after all the interaction between characters are enjoyable to watch that I can ignore some minor probs.

I did my study and I'm not sure if it is already been talked about but I discovered that the writer of this drama was the same writer of the Queen of Ring which is a short drama that I adore. And I just noticed how similar the characters in both dramas and also the plot where ML fell in love with a diff character name but is still actually the FL. 

In queen of rings, the revelations was handled well with small angst so I have high hopes that even though there will be lots of heartaches between DMK and JGH, I know for a fact that these two will get through it beautifully. I'm actually dreading to that point where all secrets are out in the open and anticipating the cry fest and good acting from JKJ and KYK- their eyes just speaks so much that I'm willing to get my heart broken when they reach the point of heartaches. But also hoping that they won't lessen the screen time of their time together (like total separation) because I want those two cuties grace into my screen with identical smiles and non stop teasing. 

That's all for now guys hehehe. I hope to see you tomorrow for the 7th episode. 

3 hours ago, turtlegirl said:

Was it mentioned for sure that at some point Dominique is going to recognize fake Veronica and play along with it? That would lead to assume that he will not be so angry about the deception. But I'm not sure if that was mentioned just as speculation or if it was something stated by production as fact. 

Then I thought if he doesn't realize the fake Veronica, how could it be revealed? Isn't there a still shot of GH dressed like Veronica and the real Veronica wearing the same outfit and standing right next to her? That could be a scene for revelation hmmm.

I wonder if at some point, Gal Hee will ditch the red cardigan and he'll still recognize her, but she won't realize "hey he's seeing me without my cardigan on." Actually, Dominique might not realize he's doing so either. That could be cute.

So many curiosities how this will play out. Yes I'm starting to think about this show a lot. Obsession starting uh ohs.... 

I'm actually hoping that it will go to this direction. Min ik will soon realize that it is all Galhee. At first he'll get confuse that he like two person with similar personality then He'll realize that it is the same person but will not tell Galhee and play along with it *smirk*. Then Galhee must come clean and when she did, Min Ik will simply smile and says " Of course I know" then they live happily ever after. *wink wink*

5 hours ago, grake said:

There are 2 scenes in the video below which we haven't seen. 1) 7:20 - it looks like they are in a hospital room and Gal Hee has a broken arm and 2) 8:02 - evening outdoor shoot. In both scenes, Gal Hee was not wearing her red cardigan. -_-

I'm curious to what happened to Galhee, why was she hospitalized? Don't tell me that driver did something bad to her. I'm actually nervous for her because she said she had the files from the USB transferred to her laptop. :tears:

I follow this drama. But I don't get it why most of people is saying Daejoo is bad person. He is trying to kill Do min ikk or he knows that person who is trying to kill Do min ik. But I saw he requested veronika to help his friend which he consider as wife. In epi 2 he gave his favourite toy to Do min ik. I think there is strong cause why Daejoo is behaving like this or someone is blackmailing him something. He has no money no parents that's why when people say you are a minion of Do min ikk. He feels bad for it. So watch this drama and quickly don't reach any conclusion.

Archived