Quantcast
0ly40

[Current Drama 2019] The Secret Life of my Secretary / I love you from the beginning, 초면에 사랑합니다 - Mon & Tue @ 22:00 KST

@triplem

regarding DJG, I am guessing he has been involuntarily recruited into some web of deceit in some ploy to take over the company. He seems to genuinely care about Min Ik but has inner turmoil. It’s like he knows half the story and that something bad is up but has to keep mum in fear/worry. There’re secrets for sure! 

The fact that he wants to quit tells me that he cannot handle it and would rather run away. He isn’t bad or good, just weak methinks.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 4

Posted (edited)

@ktcjdrama @emmie

pretty sure we'll get even more non-couple but like a married couple skinship tonight 

pretty random bickering at the hospital scene between KYK and JKJ, about the specs and starbucks LMAO! they like to embarrass eachother and joke around... theyre so into their characters as i am invested into their chemistry i :wub:

Edited by triplem
Merged consecutive posts
  • Like 1
  • LOL 5

The drama really grows on you... both Min Ik and Sec Jeong are cute and playful together. And we can see that Min Ik has a nice personality despite growing up in such a hard though rich household. In other drama, he probably would have been a psyco... hahha..

Anyway, enjoying the drama so far. It's light-hearted and with both actors being casual with the filming, it would leave nice memory for the drama.

• Like 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2

Live recaps!

GH's voice-over with Someone swimming... GH is running through a hotel lobby, just barely made it to the lift. Her brother alone at home, heard some noises, then he started doing some funny kung-fu moves because he suspected someone is in the house. And turned out that really the driver is in their house trying to find something.

Person swimming is Dom. He got shocked by GH who appeared right in front of his face as he got up from water. She is trying to show him something on the tablet. He is not shy at all whereas she is all shy because of his bare chest. She covered him in towel after handing him the tablet, as in preview.

Dom's mother threw water on DJ's face, followed by a white envelope too... gosh, are these two really married with an evil MIL?? LOL

DJ in front of the hotel suite pressing the bell. He is surprised to see GH is the one opening the door with a very tired face. He asked what happened to her, and why the mess, and where is Dom? GH saw the TnT envelope that is in DJ's hand, so she took it and saw some unsigned forms. DJ wondered why she cared so much about all this. GH started whispering to him, but Dom suddenly appeared in the middle of them. Why are you whispering? Secret? Scheming? Love?~  hahaha.... DJ made a comment to Dom about GH's face that looks so tired. Dom looked more closely, and started gathering her stuff and asked her to go home. He is so concerned about her :wub:

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 5

Dom sent GH out the door with all the free stuff from the hotel room. DJ and Dom continued talking about stuff, about voices, and they ended up on the sofa with DJ asking Dom if he is in a love relationship. He smiled and said that there is someone he wants to fall in love with. DJ asked who and if she is pretty. Dom said pretty, while the screen cut to GH outside looking up to the sun. They talked about voices again, DJ asked Dom to call the girl so he can also hear what kind of voice that girl has. Then he handed Dom the envelope with money from his mother.

Cut to DJ and Veronica Park the night before when they met. She is very happy and smitten by him of course. DJ get her to sign a form, as in preview.

Cut to driver in all black at the office, talking to someone on the phone.

Dom in the hotel suite, trying to sleep but cannot. He saw the slippers on the floor, then imagined GH picking up the slippers talking to him, saying thank you for the slippers. He tidied up the slippers and put them nicely under the bedside table. He walked out to the rice cooker, imagined GH talking to him again. He walked down to the swimming pool, took his phone and called sleeping GH. He asked if she is asleep, yes... She is annoyed and wants to hang up, but Dom doesn't allow her, and provoked her that she sat up on her bed all awake now. She started a tirade of scolding, but he fell asleep by the poolside chair listening to her. There is a voice over by Dom which I didn't catch.

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 6

So we were tracing back a little before the shareholders meeting. Now we're back to the present. Both Dom and Gal are in the hotel room, looking out the window waiting for the time. He looks a bit tired and Gal wanted to give him some oil to rub on temple, but he didn't want to.

DJ is on the phone with Veronica Park, a bit surprised about what she decided, as she is putting on her clothes. She arrived at the venue for shareholders meeting, saw DJ and went to him to talk. Just then, the two police officers arrived and talked to him. Veronica Park left the scene after commenting about the police officers.

Back to where we left off last episode. Meeting started, Veronica Park noticed Gal standing up to talk, so she seconded her just like last night's episode. Dom went up the podium. Gal asked Veronica Park to stay. She is anticipating something fun, while Gal assured herself that everything will be fine.

Dom so excited and started to look around, and noticed Veronica Park. Who is this girl? Then someone shouted for him to start, he looked down, when he looked back up, the faces blurred again. He got nervous and Gal gave him encouragement from afar, fighting!

Dom started his speech, and Gal stood up to object by challenging something. Flashback to them preparing for that scenario. So Dom threw the question back one of the directors. He answered, and then Dom showed a video of him having a chat with a woman. Then another clip of another director throwing rubbish and then another one drunk. So the directors shouted stop stop stop, and switched off the screen. Dom whispered to his uncle, sigh, I've prepared clips of other directors too... Veronica Park so excited to see what's happening, and laughed. She asked Gal, who is that person? Dom bowed and apologized. Gal shouted for the other directors to apologize too. The directors went up one by one and bowed as well. Suddenly Gal and Veronica Park both raised their hands impatiently... Gal is alarmed, so is Dom. Gal anxiously asked Veronica Park to put down her hand. The uncle chose her though. So she asked her question. Dom answered very well. Veronica Park, Gal, DJ and Mom looked satisfied and proud. ~ end of first part.

• Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 4

Thanks @ktcjdrama Yay!! I’m so happy you’re live capping this one . :wub:

21 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Person swimming is Dom. He got shocked by GH who appeared right in front of his face as he got up from water. She is trying to show him something on the tablet. He is not shy at all whereas she is all shy because of his bare chest. She covered him in towel after handing him the tablet, as in preview.

Eh eh ...why did she cover her eyes ??? Mine would have been wide open ! 

13 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Dom in the hotel suite, trying to sleep but cannot. He saw the slippers on the floor, then imagined GH picking up the slippers talking to him, saying thank you for the slippers. He tidied up the slippers and put them nicely under the bedside table. He walked out to the rice cooker, imagined GH talking to him again. He walked down to the swimming pool, took his phone and called sleeping GH. He asked if she is asleep, yes... She is annoyed and wants to hang up, but Dom doesn't allow her, and provoked her that she sat up on her bed all awake now. She started a tirade of scolding, but he fell asleep by the poolside chair listening to her. There is a voice over by Dom which I didn't catch.

Haha , confirm he likes Gal Hee. :love: 

He won’t let her go to sleep here . He wants her company so badly 

Spoiler

Even their bickering is adorable 

• Like 2
  • Love 6

Time to cast the votes. People are going in and out of voting booth. Gal is asking Veronica Park if she will save her boss? She asked her since when do you like him? Gal is shocked. Veronica Park said it's all obviously written on her face, she is not asking her to save her boss, but to save a man. Suddenly she got a smack behind her head by her mother. LOL... she shouted but shocked by her mom. Gal is nervous and sneaked away to make sure Dom is not seen by the mother. They went into the booth together, and cast their vote. Dom wanted to go out already, and Gal made sure the mother-daughter not there. She saw them leaving. Mother brought Veronica Park to greet Dom's mother. She did it in her signature way, but got smacked by mother up the head and down the knee that she ended up in ungraceful bowing position with hair all over, LOLOLOL.... Dom's mother talked about her meeting with Dom. She then remembered what Gal told her, and just follow suit.

Dom and Gal leaving the building. Dom asked for her phone, and confiscated it. His car came and he drove Gal to the sea side, as in preview. They are seated to eat, Dom handed her gloves, she got tasked to grill the seafood. She told him that she couldn't find the USB anymore. They toasted to the result of shareholders meeting, whatever it will be. They are then standing watching the sea. Dom said something that moved her. They saw a couple hitting each other. Dom asked if they're fighting, but Gal told her no, they're in love. Then she recalled Veronica Park's analysis of her expression, and realized she is in love with Dom... Dom was about to say something to her about earlier when he saw the faces, but a call came in from DJ about the result. He finally told her, then she got so excited jumping and hugging him. She then realized it and awkwardly let go of her hug and retreated slowly. But Dom went and hugged her too, as in preview. He thanked her sincerely. He said there's a present for her, handed her the key of the car, said it's in the trunk. She is excited and opened the trunk, but there was nothing except for an envelope. She is disappointed but that's the present.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 4

DJ at the venue, it's dark and everyone has left. He congratulated Dom out loud and cheered him on. He got a call, then Veronica Park appeared and asked for dinner. DJ saw the police officers outside and said he cannot have dinner with her, and said something about him being a bad guy.

Dom and Gal walking on the beach. Gal wanted to see what's inside the envelope. Finally Dom told her fine, have a look now. She opened it and it's her contract. Dom started to tell her about the secretary 3 years back who betrayed him. Dom is saying some positive stuff, but Gal felt guilty because she also deceived him. Dom is still all excited and a happy puppy, but Gal is feeling sad and started tearing up. Nice BGM playing... Gal kept talking and crying, but Dom closed his eyes and only imagining good stuff. Gal then asked what happened if she also had deceived him? thinking about her impersonating Veronica Park. He answered with a smile that then he won't trust anyone ever in his life. Suddenly he got a call from his mother, saying that they're waiting for him to have dinner, that you didn't see Veronica Park just now? He was quite excited and wanted to return to Seoul asap. Gal told him not to go please. But he really wanted to see Veronica Park... really really wanted to... He was about running to the car. He got in, but Gal took out her bags and told him to go by himself. He got out and asked why isn't she going with him? How is she going to go back by herself? Gal told him to see Veronica Park, and later if the need arise after he met Veronica Park, he can call her and she will have some things to say to him. She walked away from the car slowly, Dom still looking at her, confused and sad, not getting into the car yet. ~ end of episode

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 5

Oooo VP immediately clues in on Gal Hee’s feelings - you like your boss don’t you ? 

Wahhh this is the first time I see him drive her, lol! I guess he decided to go wait by the beach for the vote counts 

Spoiler

This fella still made her cook ...;)

9 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

om was about to say something to her about earlier when he saw the faces, but a call came in from DJ about the result. He finally told her, then she got so excited jumping and hugging him. She then realized it and awkwardly let go of her hug and retreated slowly. But Dom went and hugged her too, as in preview. He thanked her sincerely. He said there's a present for her, handed her the key of the car, said it's in the trunk. She is excited and opened the trunk, but there was nothing except for an envelope. She is disappointed but that's the present.

Haha he tortured her here ...she was dying to know the outcome of the votes 

Spoiler

Oh god , when he hugged her back .. I melted 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

Posted (edited)

Ok I think may be good idea he finds out the truth asap but I think it won’t happen so soon

——

He’s confused with her sudden change in mood 

Spoiler

So sad here 

But preview makes me feel better ...I think he realise she likes him right ?(  The vid in posts below )

For a non couple , they seriously have a lot of physical contact & skin ship ...how am I gonna wait another week ? ! 

Edited by triplem
  • Like 2
  • Love 4

17 minutes ago, triplem said:

Oooo VP immediately clues in on Gal Hee’s feelings - you like your boss don’t you ? 

She is very intuitive and perceptive.... Awesome!!

I love it when she and Gal raised their hands together and waving madly to fight for the next chance to ask question. Just like girls in high-school..... :lol:

3 minutes ago, triplem said:

But preview makes me feel better ...I think he realise she likes him right ?

And that he likes her back.... ;)

• Like 3
  • Love 6

3 hours ago, triplem said:

Oh god , when he hugged her back .. I melted  

wow. you made my day. They are sooooooooo romantic, for me the hug scene is just the best expression of love.

and actually she is so cute because she is shy (just my type), I think I would cover my eyes too :D

I don't belong to the abs club :mrgreen: No way :mrgreen:

I think the writers know how to torture you @triplem :D:D:D:D

@selen4ever  long time no see chingu :D I have not seen you since SAT :D

• Like 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2

This little pig went squee squee squee all the way home! :wub::wub:

thanks for the recaps and images...the wait for subs has become more bearable. :love:

their interaction is seriously so not in the Boss-Secretary realm. Min Ik is a tall flirt. I likkeeee. Hehe. 

I am happy and can sleep in peace.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

55 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Gal kept talking and crying, but Dom closed his eyes and only imagining good stuff. Gal then asked what happened if she also had deceived him? thinking about her impersonating Veronica Park. He answered with a smile that then he won't trust anyone ever in his life.

The old deception drama trope always gets me queasy and nervous.  Although I'm sure it will all work out, I still hate waiting out the reveal of the lie.

This is such a great show, such a great relationship--I really want it to go well.  But I can't stand the deception.

• Like 10