Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kognisjon

How to write a good essay?

Use services like this one and don't waste your time. I think writing a resume is very boring. Moreover, it is not entirely clear what to write and what better not to talk. I'm sure these things are best left to professionals. All the more, that is worth this cheaply, and new summary need far not every six months.

Edited by Roman Suslo

If you have never written an essay before or if you struggle with writing then .....to have successful, clear and cohesive essays. 85.gifWhen you write essays regularly, it’s easy to get stuck in a rut of repeating the same formula each time – particularly when you already receive good feedback from the teachers who read them. I can recommend reading other people's essays - the wider you read, the more possible techniques there are for you to pick up and use in essays of your own.

a9291068481bbccee3a028ae29638f7d.jpg

Edited by triplem
No external commercial links allowed

Write with a pencil in a nice spiral notebook - Don't erase anything. . .Just strikethrough the parks you don't like. You might not think it makes a difference but personally I find writing on my computer completely tedious and writing in a notebook to be freeing. I also use the backs of the previous page as notes for the current page (with arrows), so I can fill in gaps without having to make a huge mess.

If you want specific examples, than for anyone who wants to write a good essay, here are some tips:

1. find a topic, but do NOT simply find one. a good ESSAY needs an arguable assertion. What are you saying about the topic.
  2. Have a good introduction paragraph. You can start one from a sentence that is broad and only a little to do with the subject. Then slowly connect that first sentence with your thesis (arguable assertion) and bam. An intro paragraph. your conclusion paragraph will be the the opposite and you should start with the arguable assertion and then end with a final thought that will leave your reader thinking.
  3. make sure all of your essay's paragraphs have to do with your thesis (arguable assertion). Read through your paragraphs and eliminate any sentences that do not add to your point you are trying to make.
  4. This is easy. If you use someone else's words or ideas, you MUST cite their work or you can possibly be kicked out of high school or even college.

These are only a few tips. I hope all your essays will get a good score! Good Luck!

P.S. My mother is a professional writing teacher and has a degree in journalism. All of these are her opinions that she taught me.

Hi! Good tips you shared here! I only can add that when you write or order your paper you should check it for plagiarism. There are many online services for this purpose, I usually use ozzieessay works quite good and it is absolutely free. Maybe this will be helpful for somebody.

Edited by angelangie
Mod Edit: Do not post unknown LINK

Hello guys, thanks for such a useful link! I'd also like to share a resource with you. https://eurekly.com/subject/business-writing-skills is where you can learn not only writing but also business writing. But it is meant for those who are eager to improve their own writing skills — and not just want to pay for another essay written by somebody else.

I think you should read a lot to be able to write good!

Never had any kind of problems with essay writing, it always seemed to be a rather easy thing for me. Maybe because I read a lot, maybe because my parents helped me a lot to write my first school essays and it gave me a decent boost. But I totally understand those students who struggle with essays or other type of academic tasks. Actyually, I myself had to find someone who will do my biology homework for me to fix my grades for this subject. Also I had a lot of problems with math but I decided not to cheat here and asked my parents to hire a tutor. It helped a lot by the way. I am still not the best in my class but at least I can get a B for nearly any task.

For most essays, you need to take a stance. Be clear on your stance by the end of your intro.

Plan out your body paragraphs before writing the essay - have a clear topic / point you want to bring across for each body paragraph. You can dot point ideas that you want to cover for each paragraph. So that once you get to actually writing out each paragraph, it's a lot easier since you know what you want to say and this method also allows you to avoid losing trails of thought by the time you get to writing the essay. It really helps un-muddling my ideas in my head when I get it on the word doc. Also remember to loop each body paragraph back to your stance - how does it support your stance etc.

Conclusion - summarise your body points. Rarely bring out a new topic / argument. Repeat (but paraphrase the wording throughout the essay so the reader does not get bored) your stance.

I do think reading widens your vocabulary but the synonym tool on Microsoft Word to be very handy when I don't want to reuse the same word over and over again.

You got this, you will definitely get better over time / once you write more.