[Movie 2019-2020] Ashfall / Baekdusan, 백두산 - No Option For Failure

rubie

• 2 weeks later...

June 6, 2019 - Actor Byun Yo Han sent a coffee truck to the filming site of Mount Baekdu. Photos posted by actor Yang Ji Soo who's also a cast member of the movie. Thanks to @mistymorning for the translation & info.

Caption: Thank you for the coffee Byun Yohan nim, to support Lee Byunghun sunbaenim. I took two cups of it. cuppa.gif

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to @mistymorning for the translation of the info & message.cuppa.gif

Coffee truck support sent by Hive Media Corp to Lee Byung Hun at the Mount Baekdu filming site this week. Hive Media Corp is the production company of the movie The Man Standing Next.

The main banner saying, The man standing next, is at Mount Baekdu. Actor Lee Byunghun and Movie Mount Baekdu, Fighting!

The side banner is saying, Cheering for Actor Lee Byunghun and movie Mount Baekdu!

• 2 weeks later...

cuppa.gif Coffee treat sent by LBH DC Gallery fans to Lee Byung Hun and everyone at Mount Baekdu. The first photo showing the back of the actor .. he can't show his face because of his character's make-up & costume ...

Caption: I can't show my face because I'm dressed in character but thank you for coffee.

I can not even certify the face because I am dressed like this ... Thank you Lee Byung Hun Gallery # Lee Byung Hun Gallery #

• 2 weeks later...

July 25, 2019

BAEKDUSAN filming ends and set for a Winter premiere

Source: News1 // Interview365 // Yonhap ++ (Google-gist)

20190725_w.jpg

The disaster-thriller 'Baekdusan', a new film by Dexter Studio, that produced the series 'With the Gods', featuring the cast of Lee Byung Hun, Ha Jung Woo, Ma Dong Seok, Jeon Hye Jin and Suzy, has finally finished filming on July 21.

Mount Baekdu which started shooting on February 17th, cranked up after the filming schedule of 5 months, filled with passionate energy of the actors and staffs. 'Baekdusan' draws the stories of those who wanted to prevent the mountain's last explosion, which would be the catastrophic disaster that swallows both the South and North Korea.

Lee Byung Hun portrays a secret agent of the North Korean Armed Forces, who holds decisive information to prevent the last explosion of Baekdu Mountain. He is expected to express his three-dimensional character with unique charisma and acting ability. 

Lee Byung Hun said, "Since movies are done by a group of people who love movies so much that they always wanted good results, I think the (filming) process is as important as the results.

'Baekdu Mountain' was filmed very meaningfully and I hope that you will expect as much as the movie which has various stories, " said Ha Jung Woo. "I had a lot of dangerous shots, but I am grateful to have done so well."

Photo: Suzy

• Like 1

July 25, 2019

HanCinema's News: "Mt. Baekdu" Finishes Shooting

By William Schwartz HanCinema.net

As of July 21st, the upcoming major film "Mt. Baekdu" has finished shooting. "Mt. Baekdu" stars Ha Jung-woo, Suzy, Lee Byung-hun, and Ma Dong-seok in a massive effort to try and prevent the titular mountain from erupting.

"Mt. Baekdu" represents a major moment for all four of these major actors. It's Ha Jung-woo's first major motion picture following his recent prominence in the production side of South Korean film. It's the first film for Suzy since she changed to an agency more in line with her acting career ambitions. It's Lee Byung-hun's first film since appearing in the drama "Mr. Sunshine", and it's Ma Dong-seok's first ensemble piece having appeared in a long string of movies as the major star.

"Mt. Baekdu" had been filming for five months and the actors were relieved that their part in the movie's production was finally over. Lee Byung-hun has noted that for all the power of the cast, he thought the process and the results of filming were what was important. He was hopeful that the film's diverse stories would be well communicated.

Ha Jung-woo also said that there were many dangerous scenes in the movie. He expressed thankfulness that the shooting resolved safely, and promised to do his best as necessary for the next stage of the film's production. It is unknown how long the editing process will take, but "Mt. Baekdu" is currently expected to field a theatrical release sometime in winter.

Written by William Schwartz

• Like 1