[Drama 2019] He Is Psychometric, 사이코메트리 그녀석

0ly40

17 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

I went to rewatch the flashbacks at the start of episodes a few times now, and I still think there is only one man involved in the fire 13 years ago. It's the same guy who was wearing black dragging suitcase spying on SM's unit and the one who killed the 702 ladies and started the fire. For what reason to kill them both, I'm still not sure... (Although it is also possible that it was both SM's father and KGY wearing black on that night, and each doing their separate thing. The former spying on SM and approaching 701, another one entering 702...) SM's mother took the emergency stairs to go down, and she reached the ground floor when the man was dragging the suitcase up a step to enter the lift. The man was watching from the next building/tower, so he had to go down that building first, moved to the building where SM was (en route he took the jacket draped over JI), then went up to 701.

Yeah I am with you on this one.  The arson was planned.  It wasn't just a random act of rage that SM and his mom were gone when he got there.  He intended to set fire to the apartment(s) after dumping the body.  Did he intend to kill both SM and his mom?  Or perhaps he just wanted SM's mom alive therefore he brought the extra body there with the intention to kill SM, dump the body and leave with SM's mom alive, set fire to the apartment so everyone would think that both SM and his mother died in the blaze.  Police would not be looking for her afterwards?  There would be no living relatives I assume to identify the body so it would just be assumed that the burnt remains would be hers...except there would be stab wounds??

There were flyers/posters that JI's dad was putting up in the luggage with the body AND lots of lighters...so he intended to start the fire.  (Cr @packmule3 for the pic from her blog http://bitchesoverdramas.com/2019/03/28/hes-psychometric-ep-5-notes/)

8sboFmn.png?zoom=2&ssl=1

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, rika978 said:

one question that I have is: why is the 'father' so obsessed with jaein? seeing all the photos of her he had in that burnt phone of his, why not lee ahn? is it because of her father? or she reminds him of sungmo's mum? (quite unlikely) 

I think the masked man is showing particular interest in JI (and LA) because they are really intent on solving the mystery/proving JI’s dad’s innocence, and the man doesn’t want to be exposed - so he’ll try to kill anyone who threatens to expose the truth. 

All your comments regarding JI potentially being SM’s sister has got me thinking about a particular scene -with LA and his parents just before the fire, where LA asks for a sibling and his parents quickly shut down the subject, and his mum even rushes to find the number for the animal shelter. Just a passing thought…

I get a strong feeling that JS and SM know something that we don’t regarding the relationship between young LA and JI, something other than the link between their parents and the deaths that hasn’t been revealed the viewers yet. From LA’s character, I don’t think he would be quick to jump to the conclusions and get mad at JI for her dad’s “crimes”, even if he found out that she was hiding this secret about the apartment fire. He knows that she is trying to find out something about her dad in the past and that she is a good person. 

On 4/4/2019 at 4:08 AM, nubianlegalmind said:

There certainly is. I work in the legal field and I used to work a lot of fire cases. One thing that often happens is there are usually two investigations. The police investigation. The insurance investigation. Insurance companies will receive a report from the police and the fire department, but they always perform an independent investigation because insurance claim investigators are looking for different things. Cops mainly look for the who and why. Insurers look for how and the extent of the damage so then you know who is responsible and how damages should be allocated. If the construction company was involved, my bet is the explosion was probably caused by more than that lighter in the microwave. Also, how quickly the fire spread may be due to the type of paint on the walls or the material of the door. For some reason in cases where fires took place at an apartment complex, doors become a central issue. Most properties today have special "fire proof doors" that will be the front door. These aren't 100% fire proof, but they are supposed to significantly cut the chance that the fire will spread outside of that apartment. So we're looking at the arsonist, possibly faulty materials in the building, bad wiring (I get that there was an explosion, but that elevator lift shouldn't have snapped like that), and potentially not enough safety precautions like fire extinguishers, etc.

& a very interesting insight! thank you for sharing this. 

I really can't wait for the next episode. :P

14 hours ago, thistle said:

I've been puzzling over this, too.  The masked man (who may or may not be SM's father) has threatened to destroy everyone who is close to SM.  Since LA is closest, it would make sense if masked man went after him first and, of course, he has already done so once.  Why is it now JI?  Ever since early in the series, SM has often had a odd expression on his face when he looks at JI.  Since he doesn't feel emotions normally, this seems like a huge clue.  Now, the masked man is also super-focused on JI.  My theory has been that there is a deeper connection--like maybe she could be SM's sister.  We also know that there is a connection between LA and JI that we are unaware of.  

There's just so much we have yet to learn.  Is it Monday yet?!  

4 hours ago, rika978 said:

yep! and even though the masked man has already gone for LA, it was more of like an accidental meeting as well, as if he wasn't targeting LA at all in the first place so I'm very puzzled about the obsession with JI. And Sungmo honestly seems to care more for JI than LA (oops) from the way he acts, like how he laughs when JI is the topic of conversation.

I've always thought the connection between LA and JI was only the fact that LA's parents were supposedly killed by JI's father, but it seems like there could be something more and only SM knows it. Also I remember previously in the memories when SM came to pick LA up, JI hid quickly behind the pillar or something - why though? Was it because she was ashamed of her father? argh so many questions!!!

My guess on why JI is more connected to SM is because remember as a kid, she made him laugh/smile. He never does. When he thinks of her, he smiles. The only memory that LA ever read out of his Hyung was JI.

The culprit/masked man is after what makes SM happy/smile. He wants SM to feel dead inside forever. It's a game to him to torture SM's feelings. He went after LA already and SM didn't show much reaction. Like how LA always complain that why his hyung didn't care for him when he was in the hospital. He's not going to go after JS, too, because SM doesn't show any emotions towards her. JI is the only he had shown emotions.

That's my guess after watching everything clearly and putting the pieces together. 

Monday needs to come already, so we can get more. It's getting really good.

3 hours ago, turtle0217 said:

The culprit/masked man is after what makes SM happy/smile. 

SM is already emotionless, why destroy someone who makes him happy/smile.

The culprit/masked man is one very sick person but he is smart not to be caught, yet.

Interesting n mysterious drama and i like this drama.

Plus it makes me cry a lot too.:bawling:

Question?

How does SM find the place that he found the burnt phone in ep 8 minutes 44++?  Wondering wondering,

Does any one hv any idea? Thank you.

10 hours ago, avondale16 said:

SM is already emotionless, why destroy someone who makes him happy/smile.

The culprit/masked man is one very sick person but he is smart not to be caught, yet.

Interesting n mysterious drama and i like this drama.

Plus it makes me cry a lot too.:bawling:

Question?

How does SM find the place that he found the burnt phone in ep 8 minutes 44++?  Wondering wondering,

Does any one hv any idea? Thank you.

It does hurt that he's already emotionless and trying really hard to have feelings. I'm sure his character wants to fall in love with JS. He wants to be a great hyung to LA and be a good supporting friend to JI, but he can't.

From my guess of him being able to find that location is from the camera that he took off. He probably had someone, an expert hack it to get it's location, that's how he was able to go get the burner phone. Remember, he does things on the side by himself without informing anyone.

2 hours ago, turtle0217 said:

an expert hack it to get it's location, that's how he was able to go get the burner phone. Remember, he does things on the side by himself without informing anyone.

I see. Thank you .

Hmm. Now, what makes the mask man, take off his mask,broken the cctv and show off himself. LA and him is trying avoiding each other as they pass but i wish LA can touch and read him and knows he is the culprit esp if he ever wants to harm JI.

Could it be possible thats there is anotjer bad guy. ?

Hi everyone on here! 

I've been wanting to watch but haven't had the time till this weekend so I just binged the first 8 eps and I love it! Lots of good mystery and romance. My first time seeing any of the main actors, they are all doing superb. Though I must say my favorite character is....An's puppy of course. Sooo cute.

The SM character is definitely most intriguing. So he has that disease that An saw about not understanding or being able to show emotions and that's why his mom was teaching him from a young age? There also has to be more a connection with JI but what is it? I don't know if it's a romantic type love interest in her or if it's a little sister type love, but so far we haven't seen much interaction between them as kids so then what is it? I personally think JI and An are super cute together and would rather not SM be romantically interested in her. That just makes it weird for me. 

So as far as the crime part of the drama....we have this bad guy who is after everyone close to SM but I'm really confused if he's the same bad guy responsible for the fires. We know SM's mom was one of the ones murdered so then I thought oh it's the same bad guy, but then what is his motive for the other murders and fires and stuff if that's the case? Ahhh so many puzzle pieces left to put together! Oh and can anyone please clarify as I seriously have already forgotten, An doesn't know about JI's father being the culprit in the case, correct? But I thought she knew that he was in the fire and his parents died in it? Am I wrong and she doesn't know that either? Sorry I have a lot going on in real life so hard to keep up. 

Anyhow now that I'm caught up, I'll attempt to participate on the thread some. Excited for tomorrow!

I just finished streaming and although I didn't understand a thing, I took a couple things from it -

1. So SM maybe does feel pain, after all? An stepped on his foot to "test" if he'd feel it, and he definitely did. We got some more flashbacks with his mom and the dictionary. Hopefully subs explain it!

2. An found out the identity of JI's father at the end and he was definitely shocked. He also got a glimpse of the bad guy outside the security center but it was interrupted by JI running out to him since he made her a Christmas tree ornament like one her father bought her as a kid. She was very touched and cried and he wiped her tears and that's when he saw her father being arrested for the fire. :tears:

1 hour ago, turtlegirl said:

I just finished streaming and although I didn't understand a thing, I took a couple things from it

If it helps to clarify what you saw in streaming, DramaMilk is almost-live recapping.  She's really speedy.  I've been reading and I am totally looking forward to this episode because it just sounds so good.

3 hours ago, turtlegirl said:

.....2. An found out the identity of JI's father at the end and he was definitely shocked.....

Wow, I got this really wrong!  I honestly thought he already knew or had figured it out.  This is gonna be interesting.

39 minutes ago, Onnie Said said:

Hello

Anyone here know is this drama still ongoing filming? Or its pre recording?

Thank you.

Hi!  I believe that it is still filming but probably someone else has better information.  

On-set news is still being published, so that seems to indicate that filming is ongoing.  Just for example:

https://www.soompi.com/article/1315474wpp/cast-of-he-is-psychometric-knows-how-to-balance-work-and-play-on-the-drama-set

I'm watching Episode 9 without subs as well.  OK, I just find it incredibly creepy that SM is shadowing LA and JI on their little date in the park.  It seems so invasive, regardless of the reason.

:frown:

I can't tell a lot about what is going on but the music and the vibe that LA and JI give off is so cute.

Kudos to the casting director, you finally get to see the interaction of SM, JS, and LA as children.  The actors portraying them look remarkably like the actors as adults.  Their facial features and expressions are spot on.  Excellent work.

just finished ep. 9 and i'm so sad at the ending :tears: it was such a cute episode until that part. I really liked how we got more back story on Dae Bong and Lee An too - fantastic character development. 

Jinyoung is a really good actor but he can't hide the embarrassment coming from his red ears :lol:

Would someone mind explaining the motives behind SM tracking the blind spots for the CCTV? Is it so that he can see where the masked man goes, to help catch him? 

2 hours ago, boxylollypop said:

Would someone mind explaining the motives behind SM tracking the blind spots for the CCTV? Is it so that he can see where the masked man goes, to help catch him?

Same here. Why n what is the motives?

LA can read JS since he was still small.

SM and JS and LA knows each other since at the orphanage, interesting...

Yeah, I'm crying 5 minutes in. An is really angry. And it started raining and JI tripped and fell while running after him.

Now An is walking in the rain and he keeps accidentally rubbing against people's hands and seeing all these bad things. Like he sees someone hit a person with his car, someone steal from a store, someone beat someone up. This is so sad!! :bawling: 

Archived