[Drama 2019] He Is Psychometric, 사이코메트리 그녀석

0ly40

Just finished watching the two episodes. I like it. It's refreshing and the cast are doing great jobs acting. Have never heard of any of them, but I am enjoying watching them.

Strong opening, and I have to agree that I scratched my head too seeing a police officer sending off a little kid who just lost his parents just like that.

I like the female lead... I lol'ed when she showed Lee An the taser... Hm, are we getting some love line between YJI and Prosecutor Kang? or maybe just a crush....

Gotta admit I imagine Elsa a few times when the hand is doing the psychometric CGI :lol:

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have watched the first two episodes.  I generally don't put much stock in the first episode only because, so much of it has to be spent on character introductions and premise development. That said the first episode was a little rough to get through.  The main character was not someone that would have a good initial impression.  I thought Lee Ahn was a bit of a perv just as Jae-in.  He was, however, able to clear himself.

The second episode was better since we start getting more into the relationship between LA and JI.  I hope that they develop their relationship slowly because although Lee-Ahn would be open to a relationship, I think that Jae-In is much more guarded due to her family history.  I don't think she would be very trusting and that is a crucial element in building a relationship.

It is too early to say whether He Is Psychometric is going to be a good series or not.  I will watch this week's episodes and then decide if I will continue to watch or not.

After you've watched ep.3, please share what you think of the poster "The Mask" behind KMS when he was dropping off YJI in front of her place (halfway through the episode)..... I wonder why the camera lingered a bit there. Is it referring to KSM wearing a mask? It lingered a bit as well the next morning when LA was waiting for YJI.

As well as the brochure on the corridor floor of the apartment where KSM and the lady detective were trying to find someone at. It should serve as a clue, but then we have a time jump.... so I wonder the significance...

Just now, blademan said:

Is it just me...or does it look like that prosecutor dude likes YJI?? :o

I don't think he is into her in that way.  I think he already knows the connection between LA and YJI regarding the original apartment fire and is driving them together to develop LA skills in Psychometry and work toward solving that crime.  I believe he already suspects that YJI's Dad was a scapegoat for solving the crime.  I also believe that the argument between the detective and her Dad, the police chief alludes to that investigation not being completely kosher.

On 3/19/2019 at 4:22 AM, ktcjdrama said:

After you've watched ep.3, please share what you think of the poster "The Mask" behind KMS when he was dropping off YJI in front of her place (halfway through the episode)..... I wonder why the camera lingered a bit there. Is it referring to KMS wearing a mask? It lingered a bit as well the next morning when LA was waiting for YJI.

As well as the brochure on the corridor floor of the apartment where KMS and the lady detective were trying to find someone at. It should serve as a clue, but then we have a time jump.... so I wonder the significance...

I just watched episode 3.  We see it behind both KMS and LA.  LA is more of an open book since he is the main lead, so I am thinking it might be more of a reference to KMS.  I noticed the advertisement as well.  It appeared to be for a restaurant.  I thought it might be significant as well but apparently not.

Time jump already!  That's a little frustrating.  I sometimes feel that time jumps are ways for the writer to get out of having to make coherent storytelling.  Currently not impressed as they could have spent more time developing the main OTP's relationship.  I am quickly becoming disenchanted.  Let's hope things get better. 

2 hours ago, larrysouth said:

I just watched episode 3.  We see it behind both KMS and LA.  LA is more of an open book since he is the main lead, so I am thinking it might be more of a reference to KMS.  I noticed the advertisement as well.  It appeared to be for a restaurant.  I thought it might be significant as well but apparently not.

Time jump already!  That's a little frustrating.  I sometimes fell that time jumps are ways for the writer to get out of having to make coherent storytelling.  Currently not impressed as they could have spent more time developing the main OTP's relationship.  I am quickly becoming disenchanted.  Let's hope things get better. 

I guess I'm still okay with the time jump... knowing that YJI had always chose to run away when her family background is found out. 

But if that poster "The Mask" and the take-out brochure on the floor do not mean anything to the story after the camera purposely focused on them, I may have difficulties enjoying this supposedly crime-solving show. Because I like to look for clues, so I don't appreciate random stuff thrown out like the above. 

There was a lot to unpack from episode 3.

1) Why is that horrible teacher so upset with JI? I get that she exposed the whole cheating scandal, but he showed up to her job with hydrochloric acid, like WTF!

2) Why were those girls so hard up to be friends with JI? They are already rich themselves, so what is one more influential person? They were practically bullying her into being friends with them, it was just weird.

3)I need Ji Soo to be smarter. She is a detective working with prosecutors and it always feels like she is three steps behind everybody including LA. Hopefully, her character will be written with some development.

4) There is good chemistry between the leads. I loved the part on the bus when she was acting like she didn't want anything to do with LA's ability and then she fell right on him. She acted as if she was unsure about him or wanted nothing to do with him, but it was endearing how she left her imprint and the message to LA on the doorknob when she ran away.

5)What we do know is that the original killer and arsonist in the fire 11 years ago was a woman. When the apartment lady opened her door, she addressed the visitor as aghassi, so a young woman. We also know a woman caused the fire at the nursing home. It also appears the person standing on the side of the road that shot at that man's truck was a woman or a really small man.

6) It is my theory that the killer woman is somehow connected to MS. I think that is why he is so invested in solving it because he has a hunch that he may know the person. Where is his family? He is definitely hiding something. Another person who knows something is JI's father. Think about it. Why does MS want LA to touch JI. The only thing he is going to see is that she was at the complex fire just like him and that her dad got framed. The person LA needs to touch is her father.

Just my two cents, what say you psychometric chingus?

22 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

I guess I'm still okay with the time jump... knowing that YJI had always chose to run away when her family background is found out. 

But if that poster "The Mask" and the take-out brochure on the floor do not mean anything to the story after the camera purposely focused on them, I may have difficulties enjoying this supposedly crime-solving show. Because I like to look for clues, so I don't appreciate random stuff thrown out like the above. 

Yes, it is still early in the series so not sure if those pieces are relevant.  It would be unfortunate if they highlighted those items only to disregard them altogether.

4 hours ago, jouleoppa said:

Psychometrist Boy, is this based on Japanese Manga? 

I did some research on the internet and could not find anything related to this being based on either a manga or webtoon.  However, I can't say it is not, with any certainty.

On 3/19/2019 at 8:38 PM, nubianlegalmind said:

There was a lot to unpack from episode 3.

1) Why is that horrible teacher so upset with JI? I get that she exposed the whole cheating scandal, but he showed up to her job with hydrochloric acid, like WTF!

2) Why were those girls so hard up to be friends with JI? They are already rich themselves, so what is one more influential person? They were practically bullying her into being friends with them, it was just weird.

3)I need Ji Soo to be smarter. She is a detective working with prosecutors and it always feels like she is three steps behind everybody including LA. Hopefully, her character will be written with some development.

4) There is good chemistry between the leads. I loved the part on the bus when she was acting like she didn't want anything to do with LA's ability and then she fell right on him. She acted as if she was unsure about him or wanted nothing to do with him, but it was endearing how she left her imprint and the message to LA on the doorknob when she ran away.

5)What we do know is that the original killer and arsonist in the fire 11 years ago was a woman. When the apartment lady opened her door, she addressed the visitor as aghassi, so a young woman. We also know a woman caused the fire at the nursing home. It also appears the person standing on the side of the road that shot at that man's truck was a woman or a really small man.

6) It is my theory that the killer woman is somehow connected to MS. I think that is why he is so invested in solving it because he has a hunch that he may know the person. Where is his family? He is definitely hiding something. Another person who knows something is JI's father. Think about it. Why does MS want LA to touch JI. The only thing he is going to see is that she was at the complex fire just like him and that her dad got framed. The person LA needs to touch is her father.

Just my two cents, what say you psychometric chingus?

1. First, the teacher has always judged people based on their social status hence losing his job because of someone whose father is convicted and who is poor and "weak" infuriated him so much. To me, his character was consistent. 

2. Our protagonist let people believe that her father was into "politics" hence he had money and connection. The girls might have been rich but I doubt that they were that "powerful"/ had a lot of connection because if so, then they would have visited a different school.

5/6. The episode 4 revealed that KSM was held captive for a long time and he is taking some medicine due to his trauma. In my opinion, KSM used the fire incident from 13 years ago in order to escape from that man (person with a black cap). In my opinion, KSM is not related to the woman who was a victim (stabbed). Notice that when he jumped with Lee Ahn, he tried to protect him by risking his own life. I also sense that KSM feels guilty towards YJI because he didn't reveal everything he knew. He is involved... but in reality, he is a victim as well. So his goal is not to catch the culprit of the arson from 2005 but also to reveal the misdeed committed by someone among the police. Each time, they try to close a case very quickly. From my point of view, since LA's father was an officer, EJS's father might have used the death of LA's father to stop any investigation on him.

Another theory is: KSM was held captive for a long time and the man responsible for this could be the victim of the last stabbing: the man played by the actor Choi Duk Moon. Notice that he moved a woman from that hospital... the woman with the ring is someone who is protected by this man. She is an important witness... and the person behind the arson could be someone who is after the character played by CDM. However, the man with the black cap is showing himself to KSM, it was as if he wanted to tell him that he was looking after him, asking him to unveil the whole mystery. Maybe there are two persons involved in the stabbing and arson... one stabs, while the other tries to cover up the tracks by creating a fire so that certain evidence would be erased... a person could go missing/ or a body could exchanged so that a death is faked. The chains were there as a reminder for KSM: the person was telling him that this man was linked to his terrible and painful past.

So far, I like this drama. The mystery is quite intriguing.

12 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

1. First, the teacher has always judged people on their social status hence losing his job because of someone whose father is convicted and who is poor and "weak" infuriated him so much. To me, his character was consistent. 

2. Our protagonist let people believe that her father was into "politics" hence he had money and connection. The girls might have been rich but I doubt that they were that "powerful"/ had a lot of connection because if so, then they would have visited a different school.

5/6. The episode 4 revealed that KSM was held captive for a long time and he is taking some medicine due to his trauma. In my opinion, KSM used the fire incident from 13 years ago in order to escape from that man (person with a black cap). In my opinion, KSM is not related to the woman who was a victim (stabbed). Notice that when he jumped with Lee Ahn, he tried to protect him by risking his own life. I also sense that KSM feels guilty towards YJI because he didn't reveal everything he knew. He is involved... but in reality, he is a victim as well. So his goal is not to catch the culprit of the arson from 2005 but also to reveal the misdeed committed by someone among the police. Each time, they try to close a case very quickly. From my point of view, since LA's father was an officer, EJS's father might have used the death of LA's father to stop any investigation on him.

Another theory is: KSM was held captive for a long time and the man responsible for this could be the victim of the last stabbing: the man played by the actor Choi Duk Moon. Notice that he moved a woman from that hospital... the woman with the ring is someone who is protected by this man. She is an important witness... and the person behind the arson could be someone who is after the character played by CDM. However, the man with the black cap is showing himself to KSM, it was as if he wanted to tell him that he was looking after him, asking him to unveil the whole mystery. Maybe there are two persons involved in the stabbing and arson... one stabs, while the other tries to cover up the tracks by creating a fire so that certain evidence would be erased... a person could go missing/ or a body could exchanged so that a death is faked. The chains were there as a reminder for KSM: the person was telling him that this man was linked to his terrible and painful past.

So far, I like this drama. The mystery is quite intriguing.

woah i really love your analysis. that's exaclty what's on my mind. keep going.

13 hours ago, larrysouth said:

I did some research on the internet and could not find anything related to this being based on either a manga or webtoon.  However, I can't say it is not, with any certainty.

I see, because I ever read a Japanese Manga title "Psychometric Eiji" 'til complete. About a high school guy, name is Eiji, who has the psychometry ability, which is discovered by a female police investigator when his little sister gets involved in a serial murder case. And so, she uses her charm to get the boy to help her, and he obliges, getting more and more involved in the murders, his powers proving to be quite powerful.

There's a japanese drama adaptation about it although I never watch it because it was too old, so I thought this one is the korean drama adaption.

Hi! 

I ‘ve started this one too and came to check the forum - an oddly quiet one. I’m up to ep3 and like it so far. 

The premise and leads are doing a good job at the moment. Leads are fresh faced and unfamiliar, probably why this place is rather deserted. Heh.

One thing about these shows with fantasy elements - they never really explain why the characters get a certain power. Not sure how being involved in a fire can make one read the past/thoughts of another. 

I am am having fun so far and am glad to see familiar nicks here :)

ps: i had to ask - in Ep1, during the fire, I thought I saw a young KSM ignore the pleas of LA’s family for help. Even when JI’s dad asked him to. Several scenes after, he jumped out of the bldg with little LA in tow. What happened in between? Did I miss something?

I watched Episode 4 and the story is now really starting to take off.  I think the mystery is developing some legs as well as the desire for LA to develop his psychometric skills.  Probably one of the best parts of Episode 4 is the development of the relationship between LA and YJI.  I thought it was really cute the way the both fudged the truth because they were unsure of themselves in their current situation.  I found it endearing that they were trying to make their circumstances look better than they actually were.  It was also nice to see that the 2-year absence allowed them to gather some longing for each other.  They were both clearly attracted to each other and although still shy, you could see that they were working to move closer to each other physically.  In fact, for having been apart for so long, it seemed like they were much more intimate in their speaking and interaction with each other.

I hope some additional folks begin to watch this series and join in posting on this thread.  I think we will see more activity once we get to 6-8 episodes.  I know for myself that I generally wait until I can watch several episodes before I actually start watching.  This is one of the few I actually watched from the very beginning.

On 3/20/2019 at 3:55 PM, jouleoppa said:

Psychometrist Boy, is this based on Japanese Manga? 

They have same theme "a psychometrist student help police catch series killers with his ability" but plots are total different.

On 3/21/2019 at 9:24 PM, larrysouth said:

Probably one of the best parts of Episode 4 is the development of the relationship between LA and KMS.

I think you meant YJI, instead of KSM? ;) 

The pace is moving a bit too slow for me tbh. I am looking forward to his skill being used more fully, instead of one cop-out after another. So I was so glad that there really was a black suitcase by the river. Otherwise I would be quite disappointed. And at least we're given more backstory of KMS in the last episode. 

On 3/19/2019 at 11:07 AM, ktcjdrama said:

I think the mask is to contrast the two brothers: not everything is as it seems with that Hyung, Kang SungMo (KSM) while  our hero Lee Ahn is what-you-see-is-what-you-get. Don't get me wrong, though. The Hyung is kind but he's got an ulterior motive. 

zEI5cP5.png?zoom=1.25&ssl=1

That's why when the Hyung stood in front of the posters, the posters look ominous whereas when Lee Ahn posed right smack in the middle of the three posters, the whole feel of the posters switched from being sinister to being comical. 

Oztpwwv.png?zoom=1.25&ssl=1

Kill me but my Spiderman tingly senses tell me that KSM lied about his mother perishing in the fire. I think his mother is the one who escaped in the middle of the night and hid when she saw the evil man with the luggage. He probably hid the truth and identified another body as his mother's so his real parent could have a "free" life.  He was complicit in the lie and the rush of the investigator officer to identify Jaein's dad as the arsonist and murderer. And he becomes a "daddy-long-legs" to Jaein, as soon as he was able to afford it, in order to salve his guilty conscience. 

His mom's existence is his secret he's willing to risk his life on to protect.  We were already shown Jaein's and Lee Ahn's secrets. That's his.

:D

I'm blogging about this kdrama. I'm late for my post on the fourth episode but I'm already gave you a preview of it: KSM's guilt and character analysis (lol!) His being chained to the bathroom is the reason that

1) he's lousy with his jokes. He lacked "toilet humor" get it? hahaha or the ability to exchange social humor because he didn't grow up normally around kids unlike Lee Ahn. 

2) he doesn't want to be close to Unnie JiSoo. He grew up weird. He can't READ her cues, just like Lee Ahn can't get an accurate read of the victims

3) when he saw the dead Lone Witness was chained. Remember? He told Jisoo that the murderer was taunting them. He said, "It's a challenge from the culprit."  The murderer knew he was the investigator/prosecutor for this arson. The chain was a private message to HIM. 

Here's the link to my first impressions on Eps 1 and 2. 

https://bitchesoverdramas.com/2019/03/18/hes-psychometric-eps-1-and-2-first-impressions

I explained the significance of this art. The Hyung is the "puppeteer" pulling the strings of the two kids, Jaein and Lee Ahn. 

Spoiler

pcQpO0Y.png

And this is my half-review (I only did the first 30 minutes, lol) of the 3rd episode.

https://bitchesoverdramas.com/2019/03/20/hes-psychometric-episode-3

I explained the tea set and the mask in that post. 

Spoiler

w3ZG35K.png

I'll probably blog about this because I find it intriguing and comical enough to watch after a hard day's work. I'm behind on my Haechi reviews, but I should be on top of this one. 

Archived