[Drama 2019] He Is Psychometric, 사이코메트리 그녀석

0ly40

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cut to JI and An driving in his car. They turn the radio on. Hear the full news about what is happening. Looks like corrupt prosecutor was taken away and YSS head quarters were raided. 

An drops off JI at the prison. She meets with her father. JI is sad and feels sorry but really she uncovered the truth, she shouldn't feel so bad. 

Cut to her and An walking hand in hand through a park. Wow it seems we get a small cute moment between the two. But the mood gets a little somber again. They keep holding hands and walking. 

Cut to Nam interrogating Taek. JI and An are watching. Now I guess they're all trying to figure out how to wrap up the case so Taek goes away for a long time. 

JI and An go to meet with SM's mom. She's still staying in the house. I'm a little surprised.

Cut to An's room. JI is helping him pack. They start talking. 

Cut to flash back. Wait I don't know who these people are in the flash back? Oh I think it's Taek and SM's mother from a long time ago. Seems like mom was just a kid when Taek started his obsession may be. 

Cut to An vacuuming and cleaning the house. Mom, who was crying in the corner, stands up and goes to An. But she can't seem to say what she wants to say. An says some stuff to her and then leaves with JI. They leave holding hands again. 

Cut to chicken restaurant. JI, An, and DB are eating chicken. SH comes in and DB gets really giddy happy. They all cheers. An's hand touches DB. He gets a vision of how much DB likes SH. Or maybe he saw how much SH likes DB. Anyways DB is happy. Feels weird to have a happy moment right now though, given everything. 

Trial of Taek. Mom gets up the courage to testify against him. Good job mom. Looks like he'll be in prison forever. 

Voiceover now, with some quick shots. Mom is living in the house, opening the blinds to get sunlight. Police chief being arrested. Taek sitting in prison, and now, SM's trial. An and JI are there. So is mom. Flash back of all the big scenes between them, as kids, during the fire, SM and his mom locked up. Not sure what the judge says, but An gets up and walks away. He gives SM's back one last look but walks away. 

Cut to 1 year later. JI and An are sitting in a park together. They both look really good! 

Now it's night and I have no idea but JI, Nam, and the other detective seem to be going undercover as vagrants cuz they are applying dirt and gross smells to themselves. They even get An in on it. Next morning they are exhausted and collapse in the house where....JI's dad and aunt are living!

JI's dad wipes her dirt off lovingly. It also appears Nam and the aunt are a couple. 

Cut to An arriving at the police station. The detectives look happy to see him. He hears some strange music. He goes outside. SH and DB are playing with a bunch of kids. DB is wearing a costume. They are a couple now awww. 

Cut to An. Arriving at the prison. I guess he will meet with SM. Yup, he does. SM seems to talk about taking care of An when An was a child. An speaks some. It's very sad it seems. 

Cut to An. Looks like he's taking the police academy exam. He talks to JI on the phone when he is finished

The stream died, really? Lol of course. 

But ok it's back. Looks like JI and An are house hunting. He says something to her that makes her really happy. Guess they are going to live together. 

Another scene, SM picks up some flyers for a man holding a street sign. He touches the man's hand....he doesn't get a read from it. His psychometry is gone. He smiles. No more awful burden on him. 

The end! 

I'd say overall a very bittersweet ending to our show. It was nice to see some of the characters smiling and happy again. Especially JI and An. To me they deserved happiness the most. But of course it's all underlined by the sadness surrounding SM and JS. 

Will post more in a while. 

@turtlegirl Thanks for your work on recapping!  I'm glad to know what happens.

The terrible thing is that the ending just leaves me feeling empty--it sounds like they just wrapped it all up as fast as possible and that they dropped the ball in some ways.  All of the cuteness and the sweetness that was present in so much of this drama seems to have been left by the side of the road in the last quarter of the show.  Sad.  Really sad.

6 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:
6 hours ago, hushhh said:

He can only see what the person he sees see, and know how they think about something. If the person has the information wrong, then An reads that as "truth" for that person.

But the vision he saw was from an object. It's the foyer cabinet. Not a person...?

You are right.  He's seeing someone thought off the object.  I'm not sure if the thoughts he see are trapped in the time the object was touched or how the person feels about it in the present.

6 hours ago, hushhh said:

The person in the cap who stabbed the head of woman's group was played by the actor who plays SM.

I don't understand what you mean here... typo

27 minutes ago, Onnie Said said:

Thank you soo much @turtlegirl

So it just ending like that, seung mo is the monster. What about his father, he start all this. Really hate this kind of drama, first ep is good and toward the end its suck. Really hope they keep the bromance between an and seung mo.

@turtlegirl Thanks.

I haven't watched it yet, but I assume how monstrous Seung Mo comes off depends on how he justifies/explains his behavior.

In my opinion kdramas love to do the nurturer vs. nature debate and often falls on the side of nature.

But I would put Seung Mo on the nurture side of the equation.

I believe that most average people learn how to be human by watching how others around them are human. There are always a few people whose neurological wiring seems to resist nurturing adjustment. There are also people who seems to learn from art how to people open and compassionate.

Back to Seung Mo.

Seung Mo was held captive, not only physically but also mentally, by two moral extreme on spectrum.  His seemingly all-powerful inhumane father and his helpless and supremely compassionate mother who tried to educate him to believe that the world was filled with good people.

When they escaped his father-monster he entered a world that seem to have more indifferent uncaring people [the authorities] than caring helpful people his mother told him existed. 

Therefore it makes sense that he decided he needed to solve the problem of the monster himself.

But Seung Mo is not his father. Seung Mo loves.  He hurts.  He regrets.

Sigh so looks like SM turned out to be the monster after all :tears:.  Not sure so I like that ending.  It means JS’s belief in him wasn’t justified and she died for it :tears:.  That’s just plain sad.  The men in her life suck.  First her dad and then SM.  I will have to wait till later in the week to watch properly.  Too busy now, just reading spoilers.  Thanks all for the conversations during the drama.  :)

58468456_651347228643151_824364419280375

57736500_172175473779313_480977470613878

SM Again behind the bars I'm so sad for this kind of mental torture again:bawling:

It's more hurting. 

It would be better if story was based on LA helping SM to find the culprit(Someone else/Other character). Then story will be happy ending for all. 

1 hour ago, triplem said:

So sad for SM. But what’s worst is that he betrayed them all . Ji Soo , Lee An & Jae In. That is really hard for me to accept .

Hard for me to accept, too, because this also betrays the viewers.  

While I understand that not all endings are sunshine and roses, it is not good to fail to follow through with the first 75% of the show.  A show needs to end the way it began.  It's gotta follow through.  This show doesn't.

I'm actually a bit offended by the fact that all the "couples" appear at the end, like everybody gets to be love-love-happy-happy while SM rots in prison and JS lies in her grave.  The couple thing is like the writer tried to slap a bandage onto the story to finish it up, like "it's okay, the boo-boo is covered over now and, look, it's a happy ending."  No, no it's not.  This does Not make it okay.

You know what?  I just realized that I'm kinda ticked off.

Just read your recaps @turtlegirl Cannot believe it that it was SM all along. It breaks my heart. He went through all that to protect his mother, but making the wrong choices and betraying the people who loved and cared for him.

It breaks my heart that JS died for nothing. She saved him and he doesn't turn good? WTH!

Yes, yes, yes, we get our happy ending with LA and JI, but I'm sorry guys I was expecting like a really good ending to this drama. I totally loved the beginning. Especially the fact that LA got all these abilities and I thought it was going to be about him solving crimes and bring peace to everyone around him. But wow, what a twist on SM.

It's okay, let's hope Jinyoung gets another good drama. His acting was very good in here. Also have Dasom and Kim Kwon act in a drama together, where he's not all dead inside.

okay like maybe I missed out something because I haven't rlly watched the episodes properly "properly" but is there a reason why SM couldn't just kill his dad straight on? without having to stab the women and creating the fire?

somebody fill me in?

Yeah I agree with most here. I like that JI and LA got their happy ever after but I didn’t like how writer made SM out to be the monster in the end.  I haven’t watched but from the sounds of it he did all the killings?  Including the HanMin home one?  If he did then he’s turned out to be a worse man than his dad was?  His dad killed the lady in the suitcase which he dragged into the apartment but SM killed everyone else?   And all those people who perished in the fire too?  There were a lot.  He betrayed everyone?  His mom, LA, JI and of course JS who went to her grave believing in him?  Sorry but being nice and trying to make up for murder isn’t quite penance enough?  His poor mother has to live with the fact that her son did this all for her?  And all her efforts to prevent him from turning into a monster were all in vain?  Love does not conquer all then?  <_<  So maybe his love for his mom was as perverted as the gifting of the ring scene conveyed.  I was going to let that slide but now that writer has already penned him as a monster, adding an incestuous fixation on his mom wouldn’t go that far astray :unsure:

SM’s character with an extremely sad beginning.  Born into captivity, deprived of a normal upbringing BUT he did have his mother’s love.  We were hoping for a redemptive arc but writer didn’t give it to us.  Instead she has gone down the path that if you start off bad, love is insufficient to bring you around in the end?  Bleak.  Hopeless.  Devastating.  In the nature Vs nurture debate, this writer has just sided with nature, hands down.  He was born in a cell and it looks like he will die in a cell.  :mellow:

Archived