[Drama 2019] He Is Psychometric, 사이코메트리 그녀석

0ly40

I am still convinced that there were two men in black: SM's father and another one.

When SM asked JS's father to search for the man he saw, SM wanted him to find his father, while the other thought that SM had seen the real culprit hence he didn't write any statement from SM. 

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, turtle0217 said:

Man! Is it only me or has Jinyoung's acting gotten better? It was soo painful watching him walk away from JI, then when she came and her ankle was hurt, he couldn't go to her.

I am dying to see what will happen next week. I hope SM gets there and ends the culprit or at least have LA finally put his abilities together and find JI.

I agree! It's so refreshing watching him lose his temper and yell, because he's always either playful or sensible in real life (I just realized how cruel I sound there... haha :phew:). So it's really interesting watching the entire spectrum of emotions he's able to portray. 

And me too, I feel my mood getting better during the weekend not because it's the weekend but because I know the next episodes are going to be released soon :D

Just dropping by to post a brief excerpt of my analysis of the "Little Prince."

pXaTdti.png

... She became more important to him than his pain. He was responsible for her, as the little prince was responsible for his rose. In the story, the little prince realized how important the rose was for him, and he wanted to return to his planet. He worried about the flower he left in his planet unprotected. He was searching for his way back to the planet when he encountered the narrator. Likewise Lee Ahn realized that Jaein was more important to him than his personal demons. 

And that's why the staging of this exact moment was brilliant to me.

Sungmo (aka the fox) reassured Jaein (aka the rose) that Lee Ahn just needed some time but he would be back soon. Like the little prince, he had to travel outside his own world of hurt and anger to see what truly matters to him the most.

link: http://bitchesoverdramas.com/2019/04/12/hes-psychometric-on-the-little-prince

There's also some concern that in Episode 10, it's Lee Ahn who's been doing the giving while Jaein doesn't do squat for Ahn. In case there are some of you who also feel this way, my answer is here:

http://bitchesoverdramas.com/2019/04/13/hes-psychometric-on-creating-heroes/

oWUmiKf.png?zoom=1.25&ssl=1

I'm sorry I haven't contributed much to this thread. I've been busy blogging about this, too, so soompi has unfortunately fallen on the wayside.  

On 4/11/2019 at 11:51 AM, bebebisous33 said:

I am still convinced that there were two men in black: SM's father and another one.

When SM asked JS's father to search for the man he saw, SM wanted him to find his father, while the other thought that SM had seen the real culprit hence he didn't write any statement from SM. 

Part of me would like to see another guy, other than a blood-relation of SM, be the killer/stalker. I think it's a terrible burden on any individual to know that he's genetically flawed or that he carries in his blood, not designer genes, but "monster" genes.  

Did anyone watch today's ep? I'll post some YT clips:

Spoiler

And previews:

Spoiler

I'm so glad An saved JI! Yaaay good job An! 

And their scenes in the hospital were so friggin adorable! I love them *cries*

I wish I had subs so I knew what was going on in the investigative portion of the drama. 

I think SM is going to go after the bad guy ruh roh.

Can anyone translate the last preview? Ppl on YT making it sound like JI and An spend the night together but I dunno if they're just saying that or what lol. Dirty mind here sorry!! 

3 hours ago, turtlegirl said:

Did anyone watch today's ep? I'll post some YT clips:

Reveal hidden contents

And previews:

Reveal hidden contents

I'm so glad An saved JI! Yaaay good job An! 

And their scenes in the hospital were so friggin adorable! I love them *cries*

I wish I had subs so I knew what was going on in the investigative portion of the drama. 

I think SM is going to go after the bad guy ruh roh.

Can anyone translate the last preview? Ppl on YT making it sound like JI and An spend the night together but I dunno if they're just saying that or what lol. Dirty mind here sorry!! 

Just saw those clips and was gonna post them, but you beat me. Lol.

I smiled soo big that he saved her and he got to be with her! Soo soo happy!! :blush::love:

There is one small detail that has been bothering me for awhile now:  it's the way that the sunflower locket in JS's car keeps appearing over and over again.  Watching the promo for tomorrow's episode, it finally hit me that the sunflower locket has gotta be a bug of some sort.  So who is spying on JS?  Is it her dad?  Is it SM?  Or is it the killer? 

Sunflowers are obviously her thing--certainly we were supposed to notice this because of the fake sunflowers she brought to the annex office to put on her desk.  Are those bugged, too?  Obviously there's a reason for her to have them (just like there's a reason she's got a picture of her with dad, too) and it's gotta be someone who knows she like sunflowers--this means it's probably dear old dad and that means that he's probably a lot dirtier than we have expected.

And who is behind YSS?  We keep seeing clues that JS's dad is linked with YSS but we haven't been given any clues about why.

As to SM's mom trying to kill herself on the day the news came out about Y (the insurance guy who was killed and who had killed two people to get an identity for her), I wonder if she felt guilty about what he had to do for her or if she was in love with him.

Who is SM's dad?  Is it the evil bad guy?  Could it be Y?

.....and now two things that annoyed me with today's episode:

• 1. The quick cut-away when LA is saving JI from drowning.  How did he call anyone for help?  Surely his phone got wet when he jumped into the water.  How did he get her out of the tub?  It's just too sudden:  one moment he is in the tub and she's not breathing, the next moment she's in the ambulance and not even on oxygen.  There's no segue at all, and those two scenes serious need a segue.
  • 2.  The police chase that wasn't.  The police cars all go roaring off down the road after the evil bad guy's car.  And then all of a sudden, the police are standing next to his car which is neatly parked next to the road.  What?????  Are you kidding me?  Again, zero segue and these two scenes need a segue even more than the first one I mentioned.

So I have some serious production issues with this.  The only thing I can think of is that the production team ran out of budget or something--maybe they used all the money up in filming JS on the island hopper ferry (which wasn't exactly necessary).  This is really bad filmwork in a series that has otherwise been really very good.  Yeah, it annoyed me.

I think you're kind of nitpicking at it here 

1: Would a scene where he picks up his phone or goes outside to scream help really do much at all for that scene. I get that it kind of doesn't make sense where one-second shes drowning and the next second she's suddenly in the ambulance with not even an oxygen tank or but who knows. Like i think back about that scene now since she was chained down, how did she get out of that. Scenes like this just take up screen time as the drama is winding down because it just takes up time whereas there's still a lot left for the drama to explain/ finish up. The police chase i feel like are one of those where the driver speeds up and magically loses track of the police, these scenes are kind of common in dramas because they need that antagonist to still be there for the drama to conclude rather than have him taken in to police , problem solved(that would be too easy). It's frustrating but i've seen alot of dramas do this anyways, this is not the only one. and besides phones these days are waterproof or at least water resistant to a point this won't stop a person from using the phone entirely.

On 4/11/2019 at 11:51 PM, bebebisous33 said:

@bebebisous33 an was holding the book  titled " the little price"

At minutes 46:57, reminds me of you n encounter.

4 hours ago, chief pops said:

I think you're kind of nitpicking at it here 

1: Would a scene where he picks up his phone or goes outside to scream help really do much at all for that scene. I get that it kind of doesn't make sense where one-second shes drowning and the next second she's suddenly in the ambulance with not even an oxygen tank or but who knows. Like i think back about that scene now since she was chained down, how did she get out of that. Scenes like this just take up screen time as the drama is winding down because it just takes up time whereas there's still a lot left for the drama to explain/ finish up. The police chase i feel like are one of those where the driver speeds up and magically loses track of the police, these scenes are kind of common in dramas because they need that antagonist to still be there for the drama to conclude rather than have him taken in to police , problem solved(that would be too easy). It's frustrating but i've seen alot of dramas do this anyways, this is not the only one. and besides phones these days are waterproof or at least water resistant to a point this won't stop a person from using the phone entirely.

I'm not a nitpicky person.  I like to see dramas that are well-produced.  To my way of thinking, this was sloppy production work.  

If you get that it doesn't make sense, then really it has to have caught your attention, too.  The scene just doesn't make sense because it is incomplete.  The jump from one action to another needs to be justified.  

And we're not exactly at the wind-down point.  Today was episode 11 out of a projected total of 16.  I'll expect things to wind down when we are at episode 15 or 16, not at episode 11.

I have also seen a lot of dramas but I have rarely seen such choppy editing twice at vital moments in a single episode.  This was an important episode and the viewers deserved better.

Honestly, there's a reason why this drama isn't doing as well ratings wise which could be because of sloppy production. Heck, even I could name a couple of parts that don't make sense like how Sohyeon's kid should be like around 1-2 years old but looks more like 5 ish. When I watch dramas I don't notice these types of issues tbh, Only when you mentioned that part did go back and noticed that it doesn't make sense. I guess like I'm too caught up in the moment to see some of those parts unless they legit stands out. I'm just interested, what sort of justification you're looking for here, do you want to see CPR performed by LA or him calling the police with his phone for help, I'm just interested what you might be looking for. Like from your viewpoint I could see that you have high expectations for the dramas but like coming into dramas I also usually look into the directors and writers of the show and once I saw its the same PD who directed The Korean Odyssey and what a mess of a show that was. I wasn't going to expect much improvements from him again. Basically, it's like high expectations for a low performing show. Either way, i still like this drama.

This is my first post for this drama. 

This drama is so good , I watched 10 episodes in one go and without even skipping  a single scene and I don't even need a fast forward key after a long time. For me it's worth watching. 

And Kang seong mo is my favourite character , Well balanced Romance and Bromance drama .

All the four leads are amazing and loving caring relationship between them is a best part. Past memories of childhood so beautiful with alot of pain. 39GRWW9ECBDSOJPHAQ65.jpgLA9K4JO6WIEYQBXGFTDL.jpgwhy An is so cute ❤ 

Alexythemia and Psychometric together.

WOT4RIPXQU7LNTF4OURK.jpgSeong Mo love her why why......its hurting me more.(Strong Second lead syndrome :bawling:)

Spoiler

Z7V9FMPTROQD7V1RM2C8.jpg

Who's the little prince in this drama Lee An or Kang seong Mo ......?

GTU3GW4T9IBOPLUPGGHQ.jpg

His expressions killing me 

Alexythemia no way.

8MG1IYNKJXGH66SFXWTV.jpgI just hope happy ending now (Kang seong Mo ❤ji soo)

With you Ost ❤

Just remember that when you lie

that you’re not alone

Cuz I will be with you

I can be the one with you always

And I’lI walk with you

always all the time

And let me be there to

guide you the way.

For 9 yrs locked up in basement kang seong mo :bawling:

10 hours ago, thistle said:

.....and now two things that annoyed me with today's episode:

• 1. The quick cut-away when LA is saving JI from drowning.  How did he call anyone for help?  Surely his phone got wet when he jumped into the water.  How did he get her out of the tub?  It's just too sudden:  one moment he is in the tub and she's not breathing, the next moment she's in the ambulance and not even on oxygen.  There's no segue at all, and those two scenes serious need a segue.
  • 2.  The police chase that wasn't.  The police cars all go roaring off down the road after the evil bad guy's car.  And then all of a sudden, the police are standing next to his car which is neatly parked next to the road.  What?????  Are you kidding me?  Again, zero segue and these two scenes need a segue even more than the first one I mentioned. 

So I have some serious production issues with this.  The only thing I can think of is that the production team ran out of budget or something--maybe they used all the money up in filming JS on the island hopper ferry (which wasn't exactly necessary).  This is really bad filmwork in a series that has otherwise been really very good.  Yeah, it annoyed me.

I can understand your annoyance. But actually I am glad that they saved me from having to watch the getting JI out of the tub to the ambulance. I feel like I don't need to see those scenes, I want to get on the story. The only thing that bothered me about that scene was that she was not on oxygen mask. That shouldn't hurt the budget. It's something that was probably overlooked. As for phone, LA could be having it on his shirt pocket, which is probably higher and thus not get wet in water? I don't know... Seems like the water is only up to his waist level.

As for the car chase scene, I will agree it's a little too neat... I mean the parked car. They should have just shown a car that is abandoned, possibly even with opened door. But then again, his car was already way ahead of the police cars. There was a scene where he did an illegal turn and no police cars sighted tailing him.

Talking about error. The flashback at beginning of ep.2 and ep.3, have the date wrong. It's the same day/happening (LA at police station, with JI, waiting for KSM), but the one in ep.2 is written Dec 11th, and in ep.3 is Dec 10th :lol:

But I'm willing to overlook all these as long as the story is wrapped up properly. As of now, we still don't know whether all the mysteries so far can be pieced together nicely or not. I really dread a less than satisfactory wrap.

Btw, about the sunflower locket. I doubt it is a bug. But I think it holds a special meaning for JS. Maybe it reminds her of her mother? I'm anticipating the explanation as well. The way she keeps saying not to worry about her safety made me think that she will be the next person in danger. And through it, KSM will probably be able to (for us the viewers' sake) sort out his real feelings for her, existent or non-existent.

5 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

As for phone, LA could be having it on his shirt pocket, which is probably higher and thus not get wet in water? I don't know... Seems like the water is only up to his waist level.

Good possibility, and all it would have taken to finish that scene was to show him dialing the phone to call for help or to see Nam running into the building.  It was too abrupt drop the scene with LA struggling to hold her out of the water.

One of the issues with 16 one hour episode series is that they can't tell an overly complex story without taking some liberties in the total story.  So decisions have to be made as to what scenes are essential, which scenes contribute significantly but are not essential, which scenes are nice to add flavor, etc.  The director then has to prioritize these items and decide what is going into the series and what is going to be left out.  There is just no way to make everyone happy so the director uses his best judgment.  For any series, we will find scenes we felt would have added to the quality of the program.

Overall, I tend to focus in on the relationship elements of my Kdramas. It can be irritating to see something that is clearly wrong or something critical that is left out but in general, as long as I like what is going on with our main OTP and second OTP, I won't complain too much.  I will say I enjoy reading the posts that point out issues just because I love the eye to detail people spend in watching the Kdramas and the great logic they use in watching a series.

*gulps* unpopular opinion most likely but I wished they cut down on the romance and kiss scenes lol, it's so damn distracting while I'm losing my shiz trying to find out the truth behind this whole case 

5 minutes ago, rika978 said:

40 minutes ago, larrysouth said:

So decisions have to be made as to what scenes are essential, which scenes contribute significantly but are not essential, which scenes are nice to add flavor, etc.  The director then has to prioritize these items and decide what is going into the series and what is going to be left out.  There is just no way to make everyone happy

Agreed.  My issue with this episode was with these two cutaways but also the completely unnecessary island hopper ferry scenes--that would have made a big hole in the budget that would have been better used elsewhere.

21 minutes ago, rika978 said:

*gulps* unpopular opinion most likely but I wished they cut down on the romance and kiss scenes lol, it's so damn distracting while I'm losing my shiz trying to find out the truth behind this whole case 

We all enjoy different stuff.  I like the kiss scenes because they are done well in this drama, and they seem appropriate to the characters--sweet and not too hot. 

Like you, I am also going nuts trying to figure out who is behind all of this evil (there is obviously more than one baddie at work) and what happened to start all the trouble.

i get both sides of the debate.

i definitely noticed some continuity issues (for me, the parked car scene stuck out most, considering the police seemed right behind him). 

but, the issues are not enough to really annoy me or make me distracted from the main story line of the drama. 

i think i am like @larrysouth - i enjoy the relationships most, even in a drama like this where there is an exciting crime story to follow. 

sorry @rika978 i want MORE kissing :P

i feel like at the moment, there is plenty of time left to wrap things up nicely. 

but i know about 75% of the time, the kdramas i watch tend to flop at the end. so let's wait and see. 

did anyone catch today's episode? i missed it all, everything. wahh. 

3 minutes ago, thistle said:

Agreed.  My issue with this episode was with these two cutaways but also the completely unnecessary island hopper ferry scenes--that would have made a big hole in the budget that would have been better used elsewhere.

We all enjoy different stuff.  I like the kiss scenes because they are done well in this drama, and they seem appropriate to the characters--sweet and not too hot. 

Like you, I am also going nuts trying to figure out who is behind all of this evil (there is obviously more than one baddie at work) and what happened to start all the trouble.

haha yep, that's true, I'm not that big a fan of romance, so it's natural i'm not that really into those sort of scenes. The issue i have with this drama is that i feel the director tries to balance the romance and the thriller crime stuff, but it just feels so lopsided to me, like i don't know why. The unfolding of the story is a little too draggy for my liking, like it's just not progressive enough - things are finally starting to come together but the aha! and ""ohhhhh so it's like that.." moments aren't as impactful as i would like it to be, but i guess this is mostly my own issue.

Archived