[Drama 2019] He Is Psychometric, 사이코메트리 그녀석

0ly40

2 hours ago, thistle said:

The bird cage and white bird have appeared several times.  I first noticed this when there was a scene in the apartment with SM's mother, and that cage had two white birds.  Ever since there has been only one.

That's right! Good catch!

Hmm.. Now it's getting interesting on the birds now. There's like little clues here and there that you have to pay attention to. 

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

episode 8 got me like :love::love:

18 hours ago, larrysouth said:

I have a theory on why LA can't read SM.  Throughout the episodes so far, they have made a point of showing SM taking medication.  I seem to recall that in one of the earlier episodes they referenced that if a person has too much of a particular substance in their body, they cannot be read.  My theory is that SM is consuming high quantities of this substance to prevent LA from reading him.  

While this would be an interesting reason, my guess is that it has more to do with his own perception of emotions. 

Spoiler

As in Ep 8 you see the read and flashback by LA touching the dictionary, he clearly has some sort of emotional barrier/vacancy, which I think has a stronger connection to the block that LA faces when he tries to read him directly. 

ie. I agree with thistle and turtle0127. Though I definitely think that the medication is involved somehow because it's come up a few times - I was considering that it could be an antidepressant of some sort considering his rough past. 

6 hours ago, philosophie said:

You have a point chingu but after today’s episode

Hide contents

I think it’s SMs dad because we see a flashback of LAs dad introducing himself to SM apthrn afer holding hands with LA as they walk away and JA running to her dad while SM watched both affectionate interactions of kids with their dad. Then back to present day, he remarks ‘papa papa dad ad’ when JS is talking about her dad. This is what makes me continued to be led on the path of assuming that the culprit behind all this is SMs dad. Or the only father figure he knew? 

This is true! I hadn't watched the episode yet but I think they're revealing more of this theory. SM was also incredibly vague/quiet when JS asked him about both his parents in this scene. 

What creeps me out as well is that it's clear after this episode that JS finds JI as 'competition' for SM's affection... and it's hinted as almost romantic though I'm not sure how well the subs portray the actual language used. Although this may also be because SM also finds it hard to differentiate between different types of love?

On 4/2/2019 at 12:24 AM, thistle said:

I'm beginning to think that the reason LA can't "read" SM is because SM's emotions are missing somehow.  It's like he doesn't know how to feel.  That's why he had to look up love and obsess in the dictionary and why he had to ask little JA to explain what pretty was.  He also didn't seem to understand when she said that he had smiled.

SM surely isn't really a psychopath or a bad person; he's just sort of emotionally deadened.

From early on, we were shown that SM had no idea what emotions meant as he was looking up love and another emotion. That's why I had thought that he was a psychopath, especially when he had trouble to understand EJS's emotions and thoughts. However, the last two episodes make it clear that SM is not a psychopath but he is suffering from alexithymia, a person who can not feel or perceive any emotion. Based on the memory we could witness between SM and his mother, it becomes clear that his mother must have thought that SM could be a psychopath because of his reaction. She compared her son to that person who killed someone. This also explains why SM could relate to LA when the latter was stigmatized as monster because in the eyes of many, SM could be perceived as monster. 

In my opinion, the lack of emotions from SM can be explained the way he grew up: we saw that he was held captive, his ankle has been injured due to the chain. Because of his disorder, his condition worsened... this must have been one of the reasons why SM's mother left her husband with her son. She didn't want him to become like his father. But he never witnessed how a normal father should behave towards a child until he met JI and her father, later LA and his father. But the way JI's father treated him and his daughter triggered something in SM that's why SM feels particularly attached to JI. He doesn't love her as a woman but like a relative... moreover, a part of his emotions comes from his guilt. He feels somehow responsible for JI's misery as he knows that her family was destroyed. By living for some time with LA and by interacting with EJS, SM started changing. I doubt that JI is the only cause for his change. We saw from the memory that LA could capture that back then, SM must have felt something as psychometry is linked to emotions. His mother's words (not to kill someone, not to become like that person) must have triggered something in SM which led him to never forget her words. He is determined not to be like his father.

However, I doubt that SM's father is responsible for the whole disaster. Right now, EJS and SM think that the arson from 13 years ago was orchestrated by the same person, however I have now a different impression. First, we know that EHB is linked to the arson from 13 years ago, as he has been covering up for YYS construction. Secondly, SM's mother was running downstairs, when she caught a man pushing a suitcase. Don't forget that she was living in the apartment 701... so the dead body in the suitcase was removed from a different apartment (lower floor). @packmule3 noticed that the man with a black cap is standing next to the exit of the building. So when SM's father visited SM's flat, SM's mother had already left meaning that SM's father is not the one who is pushing the suitcase. In my opinion, since SM was injured for a while, he went to the orphanage on 10th December 2005. From my point of view, the fire was the reason why SM lost his mother. SM thinks that his father is the reason why she left his side, yet I believe that she was forced to use this fire in order to fake her death as she witnessed the real murderer. On the other hand, the real murderer couldn't reveal that she was not the 4th victim in the flat because this would unveil his involvement in the murder. Notice that the arson always happen in the 7th floor and we know for sure that YYS is involved. As conclusion, there are two perpetrators: the first arson was staged in order to get rid of witnesses (YYS construction), while the second arson was created in order to create chaos and to point out that the real culprit had not been caught. SM's father copied the murder in the first arson... he knows that KGY was involved in the first arson but he thought that KGY must have known where his wife lived. However, KGY had no idea... Don't forget that KGY introduced himself as someone working for insurance... there is a connection between insurance and fire.

SM's father is a sociopath and he must have resented his son because he saw SM as a burden... The father must have been obsessed with his wife, he didn't want to share his wife with his son. As for SM's mother, she must have witnessed how her husband killed someone... besides, she saw how SM was treated by her husband therefore she ran away. Finally, we know for sure that SM's father is working for the CCTV system that's why he knows where all the CCTV are, he knows how to damage a CCTV and how to install one illegal CCTV and connect to burner phone. SM's father must have appeared in front of his son at the orphanage hence SM decided to leave LA's side, too scared that he might get hurt. From my point of view, SM must have thought that his mother had really died, until his father appeared. That's how he must have realized that his mother faked her death, yet he didn't want to reveal the truth as he didn't want her to be found out. Hence I think that while SM is determined to find his mother, at the same time he wants to reveal the truth about the fire from 2005, just like he wants to catch/kill his father.

@ktcjdrama @celebrianna   @nrllee

9 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

However, the last two episodes make it clear that SM is not a psychopath but he is suffering from alexithymia

Right!! of course. no wonder I thought something was familiar, it was highlighted even when LA was in the library studying the day before. :)

6 hours ago, boxylollypop said:

This is true! I hadn't watched the episode yet but I think they're revealing more of this theory. SM was also incredibly vague/quiet when JS asked him about both his parents in this scene. 

What creeps me out as well is that it's clear after this episode that JS finds JI as 'competition' for SM's affection... and it's hinted as almost romantic though I'm not sure how well the subs portray the actual language used. Although this may also be because SM also finds it hard to differentiate between different types of love?

You’ll love that scene once it’s subbed

Spoiler

JS also thinks JI is a lesbian and has a crush on her cause LA reveals that why she joined police force. So it’s kinda funny cause while hung and LA misunderstood by everyone. Now JS misunderstood JI XD 

@bebebisous33 has anyone hypothesized yet if SM got his own kind of abilities after the fall? Not psychometric but something along those lines, some giftthat also lets him block off LA which explains why he can’t read him. 

In LA's reading of SM through the dictionary in yesterday's episode, SM indicated that he could not feel physical pain (he said something like "bleeding doesn't hurt me").  When LA later asks SM about the medicine he has been taking, he says it is for headaches.  A person who cannot feel pain would not be aware of having a headache.  I've been suspicious about that medicine but now I'm wondering even more what he is taking it for.

there's one thing that confuses me tho. i know that jae in is a very closed and secretive person. but it does not really make sense that both jae in and lee an doesnt know that they have a relation to the apartment incident. i mean, lee an is not a secretive person, didnt jae in try to ask about his parents all this time? or i dont know, do a simple googling?

59 minutes ago, iria said:

there's one thing that confuses me tho. i know that jae in is a very closed and secretive person. but it does not really make sense that both jae in and lee an doesnt know that they have a relation to the apartment incident. i mean, lee an is not a secretive person, didnt jae in try to ask about his parents all this time? or i dont know, do a simple googling?

LA has known about the connection for a long time--ever since he and JI met as children outside the police station.  JI is also aware of their connection about the fire and that their two dads knew one another. 

I think that the relationship between LA and JI that SM has referred to is something else.  And I'm not sure yet what that might be.  Perhaps someone else might have more insight on this.  

7 minutes ago, thistle said:

LA has known about the connection for a long time--ever since he and JI met as children outside the police station.  JI is also aware of their connection about the fire and that their two dads knew one another. 

I think that the relationship between LA and JI that SM has referred to is something else.  And I'm not sure yet what that might be.  Perhaps someone else might have more insight on this.  

but if i'm not mistaken, there's a scene where JS worrying about what would happen when JI and LA learn the truth that JI's father was the suspect of the arson and LA's parents died in the accident. there's also a scene where JS confront SM about this issue, wasnt it?

Yeah, I think LA knows that JIs dad is in prison and that he murdered someone (if that’s what the graffiti in HS said) But like JS worries about in the most recent episode, LA and JI have yet to discover their ill fated relation. That her dad was imprisoned for the very crime that killed his parents. I’m dreading when these two find out and I wish they already knew so we wouldn’t have to worry about an unnecessar break up. At least I hope LA finds out first if he’s okay with it then it may make it easier for JI to stay with him cause if she left him once, I feel like she would again as a selfless heroic action because she’s the daughter of the one who supposedly murdered his family. How do you guys think it will go down when this cold hard truth is discovered?

oh and I do think though that the bind p LA and JI have that Prosectur refers to are beyond this ill fated connection, as for what, I think it’s in the flashbacks, but perhaps LA forgot about his history with her pre-fall from building, so he only remembers their interaction in the snow after his accident. When LA revealed their childhood connection, JI seemed to be unable to recall who he is, so maybe once she sees a picture of him as a boy we will find out from her perspective that she knew this boy more than that one meeting (though in that one meeting the little girl didn’t seem like she knew him deeper than that interaction so this could totally be a long shot). 

10 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

From my point of view, the fire was the reason why SM lost his mother. SM thinks that his father is the reason why she left his side, yet I believe that she was forced to use this fire in order to fake her death as she witnessed the real murderer. On the other hand, the real murderer couldn't reveal that she was not the 4th victim in the flat because this would unveil his involvement in the murder. Notice that the arson always happen in the 7th floor and we know for sure that YYS is involved. As conclusion, there are two perpetrators: the first arson was staged in order to get rid of witnesses (YYS construction), while the second arson was created in order to create chaos and to point out that the real culprit had not been caught. SM's father copied the murder in the first arson... he knows that KGY was involved in the first arson but he thought that KGY must have known where his wife lived. However, KGY had no idea... Don't forget that KGY introduced himself as someone working for insurance.

Once again chingu, your assessment is outstanding! I too, have been thinking about the two fires and for sure, the second fire is a copycat of the first fire.However, I need to go back and re-watch some of these episodes because I feel like I have missed a few details. SM's father is definitely obsessed with the mother. My question is, why doesn't HE think that she died? What tipped him off that she may still be alive? Even SM hasn't seen her or come into contact with her. More importantly, it has been like 12 years or so, one would think that he would have moved on, but I suppose he "needs a body" to get closure.

As far as JI's father and LA's father. It is possible that they already knew one another before that night. Wasn't LA's father a police officer or a fireman? Not to mention we know that while JI's father was being framed, he was in the building administering CPR to LA's father.  This is what I don't want to happen. I don't want the writers to get lazy and the truth of the connection between LA and JI comes out and they  both assume that her father killed his father. Then this misunderstanding lingers on for several episodes. I would rather LA be able to see what actually happened. I still say, he needs a moment with her father. The police chief was probably ordered to cover up YYS involvement in the first fire. That is also probably how he got promoted. For an experienced law enforcement official, he is awfully sensitive anytime someone disagrees with him about something.

I too, believe that someone else is involved here. Not sure who, but there was teamwork involved here. 

10 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

there is a connection between insurance and fire.

There certainly is. I work in the legal field and I used to work a lot of fire cases. One thing that often happens is there are usually two investigations. The police investigation. The insurance investigation. Insurance companies will receive a report from the police and the fire department, but they always perform an independent investigation because insurance claim investigators are looking for different things. Cops mainly look for the who and why. Insurers look for how and the extent of the damage so then you know who is responsible and how damages should be allocated. If the construction company was involved, my bet is the explosion was probably caused by more than that lighter in the microwave. Also, how quickly the fire spread may be due to the type of paint on the walls or the material of the door. For some reason in cases where fires took place at an apartment complex, doors become a central issue. Most properties today have special "fire proof doors" that will be the front door. These aren't 100% fire proof, but they are supposed to significantly cut the chance that the fire will spread outside of that apartment. So we're looking at the arsonist, possibly faulty materials in the building, bad wiring (I get that there was an explosion, but that elevator lift shouldn't have snapped like that), and potentially not enough safety precautions like fire extinguishers, etc. That type of stuff gets the public riled up because of how irresponsible those parties are in relation to what happened. Most people don't understand this, so they look for a person to blame, not realizing the fire shouldn't have gone down like it did. And I don't want know what would happen if that property wasn't insured.

This show is quite interesting.

@nubianlegalmind Thanks a lot for the compliment. The reason why SM's father must have got suspicious that his wife hadn't died was when JI's father got arrested and was sent to trial. I remember that a man with a black cap saw JI sitting in her father's room. Remember that JI had received from her father the jacket and I remember that someone was looking at her, when she was drawing. So he witnessed that JI had the jacket back then and couldn't have been the murderer... don't forget that the jacket was the evidence for his guilt. Okay, this is based on my memory. From that moment, he might have become suspicious that she might have not died... and he went to confront his son who remembered his mother's words: she wanted to fake her death. If SM ran away, his mother wouldn't be able to find him hence SM's father wouldn't be able to find her. So maybe he left to protect her.

Hej! 

I will also join you guys here, i found myself a little ship in Seung Mo & Ji Soo, even if they don't have that many scenes haha.

This week was a bit of a setback though...so... Seung Mo doesn't really feel stuff...

Anyway, great reading your theories, the plot is quite exciting :) 

I am behind coz I am travelling and can’t stream (data is too expensive).  Been reading spoilers.

@nubianlegalmind May have something here about insurance and construction company.  Remember how JI’s dad was putting up flyers in the beginning about how the parking was blocking access to the building?  He used to be a fireman so he knew that easy access for fire trucks was critical to save lives in the event of a fire.  Firehoses can only extend so far. So I imagine the construction of the building would be called into question if grieving families questioned why there weren’t enough considerations put into parking etc because the firetrucks couldn’t get close to the building due to all the parked cars.  They would be looking to blame someone/sue someone.  JiSoo’s Police Superintendent dad made sure that the public focus stayed on JI’s dad (the killer) to take the heat off possible links to the Construction company.  Wrapping up the case quickly also left less of an opportunity for drawn out accusations. 

On 4/4/2019 at 12:45 AM, thistle said:

Someone else had answered this, which I agree with. SM is referring to JI's father who is supposedly responsible for the death of LA's parents. Although he has been convicted so, SM and JI believed that her father isn't the real culprit.

On 4/4/2019 at 4:08 AM, nubianlegalmind said:

As far as JI's father and LA's father. It is possible that they already knew one another before that night. Wasn't LA's father a police officer or a fireman?

LA's father is a policeman which JI's father clearly knew about. In the flashback at beginning of episode, we are shown that JI's father even asked LA's father to talk to young SM because he was concerned about the young guy. JI's father is a caring person and I believe a responsible guard as well because he knew the residents living there, even the new residents (SM and Mom)

On 4/3/2019 at 5:43 PM, bebebisous33 said:

But he never witnessed how a normal father should behave towards a child until he met JI and her father, later LA and his father. But the way JI's father treated him and his daughter triggered something in SM that's why SM feels particularly attached to JI. He doesn't love her as a woman but like a relative... moreover, a part of his emotions comes from his guilt. He feels somehow responsible for JI's misery as he knows that her family was destroyed. By living for some time with LA and by interacting with EJS, SM started changing. I doubt that JI is the only cause for his change.

However, I doubt that SM's father is responsible for the whole disaster. Right now, EJS and SM think that the arson from 13 years ago was orchestrated by the same person, however I have now a different impression. First, we know that EHB is linked to the arson from 13 years ago, as he has been covering up for YYS construction. Secondly, SM's mother was running downstairs, when she caught a man pushing a suitcase. Don't forget that she was living in the apartment 701... so the dead body in the suitcase was removed from a different apartment (lower floor). @packmule3 noticed that the man with a black cap is standing next to the exit of the building. So when SM's father visited SM's flat, SM's mother had already left meaning that SM's father is not the one who is pushing the suitcase. In my opinion, since SM was injured for a while, he went to the orphanage on 10th December 2005. From my point of view, the fire was the reason why SM lost his mother. SM thinks that his father is the reason why she left his side, yet I believe that she was forced to use this fire in order to fake her death as she witnessed the real murderer. On the other hand, the real murderer couldn't reveal that she was not the 4th victim in the flat because this would unveil his involvement in the murder. Notice that the arson always happen in the 7th floor and we know for sure that YYS is involved. As conclusion, there are two perpetrators: the first arson was staged in order to get rid of witnesses (YYS construction), while the second arson was created in order to create chaos and to point out that the real culprit had not been caught. SM's father copied the murder in the first arson... he knows that KGY was involved in the first arson but he thought that KGY must have known where his wife lived. However, KGY had no idea... Don't forget that KGY introduced himself as someone working for insurance... there is a connection between insurance and fire.

Finally, we know for sure that SM's father is working for the CCTV system that's why he knows where all the CCTV are, he knows how to damage a CCTV and how to install one illegal CCTV and connect to burner phone. @ktcjdrama@celebrianna@nrllee

I also don't think the feelings that SM has for JI is a romantic one. I think he likes her because she made him smile, and her father took the time and effort to show him care. He must be appreciative of that and felt somewhat guilty for what happened to JI and her father because it was due to his father.

I went to rewatch the flashbacks at the start of episodes a few times now, and I still think there is only one man involved in the fire 13 years ago. It's the same guy who was wearing black dragging suitcase spying on SM's unit and the one who killed the 702 ladies and started the fire. For what reason to kill them both, I'm still not sure... (Although it is also possible that it was both SM's father and KGY wearing black on that night, and each doing their separate thing. The former spying on SM and approaching 701, another one entering 702...) SM's mother took the emergency stairs to go down, and she reached the ground floor when the man was dragging the suitcase up a step to enter the lift. The man was watching from the next building/tower, so he had to go down that building first, moved to the building where SM was (en route he took the jacket draped over JI), then went up to 701.

I also think SM's father is well versed with the CCTVs that he must be working in that field...

one question that I have is: why is the 'father' so obsessed with jaein? seeing all the photos of her he had in that burnt phone of his, why not lee ahn? is it because of her father? or she reminds him of sungmo's mum? (quite unlikely) 

24 minutes ago, rika978 said:

one question that I have is: why is the 'father' so obsessed with jaein? seeing all the photos of her he had in that burnt phone of his, why not lee ahn? is it because of her father? or she reminds him of sungmo's mum? (quite unlikely) 

I've been puzzling over this, too.  The masked man (who may or may not be SM's father) has threatened to destroy everyone who is close to SM.  Since LA is closest, it would make sense if masked man went after him first and, of course, he has already done so once.  Why is it now JI?  Ever since early in the series, SM has often had a odd expression on his face when he looks at JI.  Since he doesn't feel emotions normally, this seems like a huge clue.  Now, the masked man is also super-focused on JI.  My theory has been that there is a deeper connection--like maybe she could be SM's sister.  We also know that there is a connection between LA and JI that we are unaware of.  

There's just so much we have yet to learn.  Is it Monday yet?!  

10 hours ago, thistle said:

I've been puzzling over this, too.  The masked man (who may or may not be SM's father) has threatened to destroy everyone who is close to SM.  Since LA is closest, it would make sense if masked man went after him first and, of course, he has already done so once.  Why is it now JI?  Ever since early in the series, SM has often had a odd expression on his face when he looks at JI.  Since he doesn't feel emotions normally, this seems like a huge clue.  Now, the masked man is also super-focused on JI.  My theory has been that there is a deeper connection--like maybe she could be SM's sister.  We also know that there is a connection between LA and JI that we are unaware of.  

There's just so much we have yet to learn.  Is it Monday yet?!  

yep! and even though the masked man has already gone for LA, it was more of like an accidental meeting as well, as if he wasn't targeting LA at all in the first place so I'm very puzzled about the obsession with JI. And Sungmo honestly seems to care more for JI than LA (oops) from the way he acts, like how he laughs when JI is the topic of conversation.

I've always thought the connection between LA and JI was only the fact that LA's parents were supposedly killed by JI's father, but it seems like there could be something more and only SM knows it. Also I remember previously in the memories when SM came to pick LA up, JI hid quickly behind the pillar or something - why though? Was it because she was ashamed of her father? argh so many questions!!!

Archived