[Drama 2019] He Is Psychometric, 사이코메트리 그녀석

0ly40

3 hours ago, nrllee said:

Yeah it sorta creeps me out a bit too.  :lol:. I can't tell if it's just 'fondness' (similar to how he looks at LA) or he actually likes her.  :huh:.  He is very non-emotive (to have to look up what love means in a dictionary is very factual and intellectual).  Although most psychopaths are like that...they lack EQ (emotional intelligence) - they cannot empathise with the victims' plight at all - they cannot comprehend that their actions bring about pain or suffering to the victims.  So if we presume that SM is lacking in EQ then chances are his affinity for JI is purely from the point of view of shared experience.  So he perceives that they are in the same plight - she has blocked out memories of her Father and doesn't want LA to read her because she is afraid of finding out the real truth.  Similarly he has blocked out memories of his Father (?) because to find out your Father is a Monster is a terrible thing (and it also casts doubt on himself as to whether it would also be his fate).  LA is the key to unlock those memories for both of them.

I kinda had the feeling at first that he was attracted to her but then I wasn't so sure.  But I can't quite see him as a psychopath because does seem to have sympathy for LA and JI, even though he also sees them as useful objects to get to the information that he wants to know.

At this point, I'm suspecting that we're gonna get a plot twist.  Maybe it's not just SM's dad who is bad but also his mom.  I think she was the one who stole the dead woman's identity.  

Although they said that SM was the last one who communicated with the insurance guy before he was killed, there was something else:  it was just the shortest scene but he had been at a hospital with the woman wearing the ring.  He told SM on the phone that he was far away.....so was he stashing the ring woman at the distant hospital or was he there to take orders from her?  Could missing mom be the mastermind (or psychopath) behind some of the crimes?

Who is in control of the bunch of bad guys that LA saw in his vision during his most recent vision to the morgue?  There were at least 4 guys present when the insurance guy killed the two women who were stuffed in the suitcases.  

The number of criminals keeps climbing and that seems to indicate there's something bigger going on that we have been aware of thus far.

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, thistle said:

Although they said that SM was the last one who communicated with the insurance guy before he was killed, there was something else:  it was just the shortest scene but he had been at a hospital with the woman wearing the ring.  He told SM on the phone that he was far away.....so was he stashing the ring woman at the distant hospital or was he there to take orders from her?  Could missing mom be the mastermind (or psychopath) behind some of the crimes?

Yeah that stumped me a bit.  It seemed strange that he would sign her in under another alias - like he was complicit in hiding her?  It wasn’t like she was sedated or struggling?  She was seen knitting in her room?  So he was part of the plan and she got him to do it?  So yes I am with you about the mom somehow being more sinister.  It’s one thing to be a fugitive but quite another to kill someone to assume their identity?  

So I get the feeling the guy knew SM’s father got wind of her whereabouts and he rushed there to get her out. And he succeeded.  Almost a replay of what happened in the apartment years ago where they (SM and his mom) got away.  It didn’t make sense though for him (the Father) to take it out on the neighbors next door?  Was it just a case of misdirected anger?  Just like he did with the ladies in the room next to hers at the aged care facility?  Why kill them? And then set fire to the scene?

And one last thing that stumped me was the chain of events.  In spoiler coz this is Ep 6

Spoiler

SM tells his mom after the ladies knock on their door that he thinks the dad is onto them.  I don’t know how he knew this?? :o  Then he tells his mom to do exactly as he tells her to.  His dad is seen moving the suitcase from the building next to them to their building.  She packs her bag heads down the stairs and catches sight of him and hides. I assume he doesn’t see her.  What is SM doing while this is happening?  There isn’t much time??   He must’ve packed the house up??  Because the next scene is one where his dad gets into their apartment and finds it emptied and gets mad (?) and then proceeds next door with the murder and arson?  SM must’ve still been on the 7th floor though because he was seen running to escape after the explosion and where he meets LA. What was SM doing whilst his dad was killing the ladies and then fleeing the scene?  Did he see it all? 

EDIT - before I forget. Yes to your reference about the birds in the cage. I noticed that too.

Wow OKAY so much happened this past 2 episodes.

I really don't think SM is the antagonist here. I don't think there's some big twist coming up, revealing he's the villain. I do think, however, that he has a big missing puzzle piece that he will reveal later on about the apartment fire. Maybe something like...he knew his 'father' would do something crazy when he's angry, he just didn't know it would be catastrophic.

Also, I wanna know why 'chains' triggered him - when they found it on KGY,  he knew it was a game. So does it mean he was LITERALLY  chained up for a certain period of his childhood by his crazy 'father'? Is that why his mum and him ran away? The masked dude does seem hella creepy, like he's weirdly obsessive over SM and LA. 

All the hints at SM wearing a 'mask' and that 'he isn't what he seems' is just to throw us off. I do think he's hiding something but it's definitely not about the fact that he's the mastermind behind everything. Like I said, he definitely knows something about the accident years ago, I just hope it's not something that's gonna hurt JI and LA any more. They've had their fair share. SM as well.

PS. I can't wait for JI to open up and allow LA to 'read' her. That's gonna be one hell of a scene - based off their current chemistry :wub: and SM needs to stop being all dewy-eyed around JI as well, it's kinda creepy dude. Just saying.

@nrllee @blademan What caught my attention is that two persons were killed  by KGY that's why there were two suitcases. So Kim Gab Yong had received the order to kill two persons and not just one. All this leads me to the conclusion that not only SM's mother took the identity of another person, but there is someone else. KGY removed the patient from the clinic, when he saw the fire and he sent her to another nursery facility. In my opinion, SM's mother worked as a nurse in that clinic in order to take care of the woman who was ill. Both share the same fate. And this is definitely related to this missing person naaXOD0.png?ssl=1

(cr. to @packmule3)

My theory is that SM's father killed KGY after torturing him as he wanted to know the whereabouts of his wife. Yet he failed to obtain the info hence he visited SM's place where he found a picture of his wife. So the fire at the clinic was caused by SM's father as he had discovered where she was, but not under which identity. However, KGY was able to save the other woman and have her registered under a different name. In my opinion, after torturing KGY, SM's stalker discovered the name of his wife and where the true person had been buried. He released the suitcase so that the police would discover the murder and the identity of the victim. Now, SM's mother has become a suspect: she might have been the client of KGY so that she could use the identity of the nurse. At some point, the mother will be put on the wanted list and that's exactly what SM's father wants. That way, he can discover her whereabouts. Notice the similarity between the two fires: one was used to fake her death and this fire will reveal that SM's mother never died. 

And here is the next question: if SM and his mother were abused by the father and husband, why didn't they call the police for protection? Based on SM's words, they were both hiding that's why they would often move to a different apartment. Don't forget that they had been living in that building for just one month. So in my opinion, SM's father must have some connection to the police.

SM is put in a difficult position as he needs to reveal the true identity of the culprit from 13 years ago in order to catch his stalker. On the other hand, he has this new arson which will reveal that his mother faked her death and that SM had been an accomplice. That's why he needs LA to find clues between the two cases as soon as possible.    

Interesting theory @bebebisous33.  Who did SM's Father kill and put in the suitcase in the apartment fire?  I thought it was very odd that he would drag a body there?  What was his intention?  To bring home his kill to show off (like a cat does for its owner)?  Sorry - kind gory but I just find it very odd for him to do that.  He was obviously looking for his Wife (and Son??) and bringing the body to them??  He went to their apartment first and when he saw it was empty then went next door where the 3 ladies were.  So perhaps the person in suitcase 1 was Kang Eun Sool (lady in the missing persons poster??).  SM conveniently identified her as his Mother so people wouldn't question him about her whereabouts thereafter?  He had a plan.  He told her to do exactly as he ordered.  So he was the mastermind behind the escape.  She was too terrified to do anything.  Did he tell her to do more than just run away?  Did he have a plan all mapped out, where they should meet up after etc??  

The 3 ladies next door seemed almost there at the wrong place at the wrong time?  Why kill them?  And then do the elaborate ritual of setting up another cup setting?  So many questions. Makes for better viewing I guess :lol:.

I rewatched the scene where they did the briefing and talked about the HanMin Home fire in and the apartment fire scenes.  I missed these clues at the first viewing

1. SM was the one who 'found' the witness (insurance consultant - the man who was killed by his dad later).  JiSoo's dad the Chief (?) commended him on being so 'quick' to find a witness.  I get the feeling SM was the mastermind behind hiding his Mother.  If he could do so (being the cool headed logical one in the Mother-Son relationship) during the apartment scenario, he is likely to have done so again in the HanMin Fire episode.  Although I cannot see him orchestrating a murder of another woman to hide his Mother? :huh:  I question the logic of JI exposing LA to all the facts of the case first before doing a reading.  It actually hampers the truth and objectivity of the reading when she does this.  She should've just let him do a reading cold and then show him a lineup of possible suspects... You don't have a list of suspects and then witness a murder and try to pin it on the original list of suspects?  So I am not entirely sure LA got the man's face right (the man wielding the hammer).  Kim GabYoung (insurance guy) may have been there but after the event?

2. JiSoo was against wrapping up the case so quickly - she thought it was too cut and dry and when she mentioned the similarities between the HanMin home fire and the Apartment fire 11 years ago, the camera pans to her Father's hands which shook briefly when she made that link.  He leaps up in anger and reveals that he was the officer in charge of that case and she was intimating that he did a bad job of it then... He claimed the suspect (JaeIn's dad) had the victims' blood all over his clothes so it proved he was the killer.  That's kinda strange?  JaeIn's dad had taken off his jacket to drape over her before he left her in the guardhouse and headed up to put more flyers up?  SM's dad had walked past and glanced into the guardhouse at a sleeping JI.  Did he take the jacket and wear it, kill the women which is why their blood is all over the jacket?  Which he conveniently left somewhere to be found again?  Thereby making it appear as if JI's dad had done the killing of the 3 ladies.  (Actually he must've done that...because the scene where the explosion happens and JI wakes up, the jacket is not draped over her anymore :huh:).  Yes that must've been what happened.  Because the mean lady opened the door to SM's dad (she would not have opened it to a stranger - there was a peephole on the door, she saw the jacket and assumed it was JI's dad).  That's why her first words to him as she opened it was "What is it Mister?  What do you have to say to me?" (In the context of their conversation earlier at the guardhouse - she was expecting him to apologise or grovel or something).

As an aside, JiSoo's dad was promoted quite quickly after handling that case.  LA's Father was a police officer as well - he had a badge and cuffs which the camera panned in on - on the floor of the lift as he was trying to boost LA out of the lift into the arms of JI's dad.  LA was playing with them as he headed to the lift.

17 minutes ago, avondale16 said:

Is this drama good? Thank you.

It's really good. 

When I first read the synopsis I thought this show was gonna be silly, and the title seemed to reinforce that notion--it just seemed like something I would not watch.  However, after seeing some comments and some gifs of the show on Tumblr, I became curious enough to give it a try despite my earlier misgivings.  And I am so glad I did.  

Thus far this show has been a little gem.  I like the characters, and they don't act in the stereotypical ways that I had expected.  I like the mystery, and I really like that I can't figure out what twist is coming next.

I know a show is good when I can't stop thinking about it after an episode ends, especially if it's days later after I've seen it and when I want to re-watch episodes right away.  This is one of those shows.  I'm definitely gonna keep watching.

Give it a try!

18 hours ago, nrllee said:

He claimed the suspect (JaeIn's dad) had the victims' blood all over his clothes so it proved he was the killer.  That's kinda strange?  JaeIn's dad had taken off his jacket to drape over her before he left her in the guardhouse and headed up to put more flyers up?  SM's dad had walked past and glanced into the guardhouse at a sleeping JI.  Did he take the jacket and wear it, kill the women which is why their blood is all over the jacket?  Which he conveniently left somewhere to be found again?  Thereby making it appear as if JI's dad had done the killing of the 3 ladies.  (Actually he must've done that...because the scene where the explosion happens and JI wakes up, the jacket is not draped over her anymore :huh:).  Yes that must've been what happened.  Because the mean lady opened the door to SM's dad (she would not have opened it to a stranger - there was a peephole on the door, she saw the jacket and assumed it was JI's dad).  That's why her first words to him as she opened it was "What is it Mister?  What do you have to say to me?" (In the context of their conversation earlier at the guardhouse - she was expecting him to apologise or grovel or something).

I think you're right about this! I went back to watch all the flashback scenes at the beginning of each episode. And yes, the jacket is not draped over JI anymore when she woke up. At the beginning of ep.6, we see the mystery man walking with the suitcase in one hand and another hand is holding a jacket, which also he dropped upon seeing the empty apartment. We also see him holding the jacket at beginning of ep.1, when he was struggling to get the heavy suitcase up a step. So yeah, the lady must have thought it was YJI's father who was at the door, since I'm sure the guy had a mask on.

Hello everyone! I'm new to this thread.

I just binge watched all 6 episodes in one day and I am hooked. Did not expect Jinyoung Got7 to be able to act like this. His other roles are soo different from this one, but I am loving it.

It's a good storyline and love the mystery and Lee Ahn's psychometric. Cannot wait to see what will happen. 

On 3/28/2019 at 6:20 AM, thistle said:

Give it a try!

Yup. Currently, giving it a try.

On 3/28/2019 at 12:03 PM, ktcjdrama said:

Come watch with us! 

So far, i am liking it. Thank you for the invitation.

Its a suspend of whom the real murderer and culprit is? and hope thw wrong person able to clear his name even he got into prison for 11 years already.

@avondale16 @nrllee @ktcjdrama @turtle0217 I had this crazy theory. What if....

Spoiler

EBH, EJS's father, is related to the other woman that disappeared? Let just say that EJS's mother wanted to leave her violent husband, just like SM's mother did with her son. While the one took her boy with her, the other didn't as she knew that her husband's abuse was only targeting her. This would explain why the captain wanted each time to have the case closed (both arson cases), even found a scapegoat in order to cover up the murder and arson. 

Notice that EJS never mentions her mother. Secondly, EBH is trying desperately to separate his daughter from SM and even to have her quit her job, as he pushes her to have blind dates. He is so determined to see her marrying someone. He doesn't want to investigate anything related to the arson cases. This would explain why the mother would make such a drastic decision as EBH worked for the police which made it difficult to report abuse.   

Let me know what you think about this theory!

2 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

Reveal hidden contents

EBH, EJS's father, is related to the other woman that disappeared? Let just say that EJS's mother wanted to leave her violent husband, just like SM's mother did with her son. While the one took her boy with her, the other didn't as she knew that her husband's abuse was only targeting her. This would explain why the captain wanted each time to have the case closed (both arson cases), even found a scapegoat in order to cover up the murder and arson. 

Notice that EJS never mentions her mother. Secondly, EBH is trying desperately to separate his daughter from SM and even to have her quit her job, as he pushes her to have blind dates. He is so determined to see her marrying someone. He doesn't want to investigate anything related to the arson cases. This would explain why the mother would make such a drastic decision as EBH worked for the police which made it difficult to report abuse.   

Totally possible!! Esp.thinking about it with the other drama we're both watching. I've been wondering what's the reason he is so aversed when talking about the case. He is definitely hiding something! Now that you mentioned this, I would be paying more attention for clues when he is on screen. 

5 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

Reveal hidden contents

Possible. My question is what happen to sm's mom? They manage to hide?

The guy, the lurker is sm's dad and the murderer who stab the 4 women 11 years ago?  Both sm and ejs never mention about their mother?

On 3/28/2019 at 5:03 AM, ktcjdrama said:

Yes it is. Come watch with us! 

~ ~ ~ 

Why o why did the father of YJI has to do what he did at the end of episode 6?? Arrrghh!! :persevere:

Yes why? I really hope he can be saved. Nooooo....

On 3/27/2019 at 11:20 PM, thistle said:

I like the mystery, and I really like that I can't figure out what twist is coming next.

Yup. This all an untangled mystery.

@bebebisous33 Interesting theory.  I think you could be right in that there’s more to JiSoo’s father than meets the eye. And I did think it was odd that they never mention her mother.  Usually it’s the mother who is desperate to get their child married?  Is her mom still living?  I was wondering why it was her dad who kept trying to set her up with blind dates when it’s usually the mother who is more concerned about such things - unless he’s a single dad?  :o

There’s definitely a story behind why JiSoo’s dad is so keen to wrap these cases up quickly.  He seemed to rise up the ranks to become superintendent very quickly after ‘solving’ the Apartment fire case.  And it can’t be mere coincidence that LA’s

dad is also a Police Officer.  He conveniently died in that fire.  Did he have information that JiSoo’s dad was desperate to hide?  :o

9 hours ago, avondale16 said:

My question is what happen to sm's mom? They manage to hide?

Yes I believe she’s the woman seen knitting in the new place (it looked like a hospital but maybe it’s more like a nursing home??).  I think she took on the identity of the woman who was killed 5years ago and who was put in the suitcase which LA found in the river whilst looking for the little girl.  Then she worked in the nursing home where the second fire happened. The insurance guy was the one who provided her with the new identity?  He managed to get her to safety before SM’s dad went to the nursing home and killed the women.  I get the feeling SM’s dad gets mad when he finds she’s not there when he gets there and takes his anger out on the people next door?  The women killed seem to have no relation other than being next door.  SM identified the 4th body in the apartment fire (the one his dad dragged in) as his mother.  When SM was going through the files of the case in his office, he looked up the list of people (this was very quick so I had to pause it to get the names) that died in the apartment fire and underneath the name of his mother was ‘Kang EunSoo’ - this was the name of the missing woman in the poster in the lift (?).  So on both occasions SM’s mother had assumed the identity of women already killed (I still think the killer is SM’s dad on both occasions - LA saw the face of the insurance guy later.  He didn’t see the face of the man wielding the hammer.  Also there were other men in the place where the ladies were killed - who were they?  Lastly, after SM’s dad took the picture from SM’s apartment, he went to a place with the metal drum (with a fire) - it looked a lot like the place where the 2 women were killed 5years who. (The place LA saw in his vision).  :o

13 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

Reveal hidden contents

I agree, too. It's like what @ktcjdrama stated that "what's the reason he is so aversed when talking about the case. He is definitely hiding something"

I found it soo sad and mean when he just sent LA away at the police station when he was small. Like "here's a box of your stuff, take care now." It's like they don't want to deal with LA's situation.

But yes, I am wondering what happened to SM's mother? Like I think she didn't vanished or died, she'll return that's why the culprit, which we know is his father is following him to see if his mother will reappear.

There's just soo much going on and I am dying to see what will happen next. Totally love Jinyoung playing Lee Ahn, when he's nothing like that in reality. Lol. 

5 hours ago, nrllee said:

@bebebisous33 Interesting theory.  I think you could be right in that there’s more to JiSoo’s father than meets the eye. And I did think it was odd that they never mention her mother.  Usually it’s the mother who is desperate to get their child married?  Is her mom still living?  I was wondering why it was her dad who kept trying to set her up with blind dates when it’s usually the mother who is more concerned about such things - unless he’s a single dad?  :o

There’s definitely a story behind why JiSoo’s dad is so keen to wrap these cases up quickly.  He seemed to rise up the ranks to become superintendent very quickly after ‘solving’ the Apartment fire case.  And it can’t be mere coincidence that LA’s

dad is also a Police Officer.  He conveniently died in that fire.  Did he have information that JiSoo’s dad was desperate to hide?  :o

Yes I believe she’s the woman seen knitting in the new place (it looked like a hospital but maybe it’s more like a nursing home??).  I think she took on the identity of the woman who was killed 5years ago and who was put in the suitcase which LA found in the river whilst looking for the little girl.  Then she worked in the nursing home where the second fire happened. The insurance guy was the one who provided her with the new identity?  He managed to get her to safety before SM’s dad went to the nursing home and killed the women.  I get the feeling SM’s dad gets mad when he finds she’s not there when he gets there and takes his anger out on the people next door?  The women killed seem to have no relation other than being next door.  SM identified the 4th body in the apartment fire (the one his dad dragged in) as his mother.  When SM was going through the files of the case in his office, he looked up the list of people (this was very quick so I had to pause it to get the names) that died in the apartment fire and underneath the name of his mother was ‘Kang EunSoo’ - this was the name of the missing woman in the poster in the lift (?).  So on both occasions SM’s mother had assumed the identity of women already killed (I still think the killer is SM’s dad on both occasions - LA saw the face of the insurance guy later.  He didn’t see the face of the man wielding the hammer.  Also there were other men in the place where the ladies were killed - who were they?  Lastly, after SM’s dad took the picture from SM’s apartment, he went to a place with the metal drum (with a fire) - it looked a lot like the place where the 2 women were killed 5years who. (The place LA saw in his vision).  :o

I agree, I think Sms mom is the woman in the sketch (to me they look similar) that supposedly took the identity of Hee Sook, the corpse form the brief case that LA does a reading on. Now as for the motive why SMs dad attacked those women in the first fire case, it could be that he saw them ‘herassing’ the mom from afair cause it seemed he had been watching them from the building across and that night the women knocked on her door to ask about joining the women society. Now there’s the matter of ‘ahdjussi’ which they also called JI’s dad by and he even attempts suicide in the end (do you guys think he died or survived??) I’m not sure if JI’s dad really is innocent. What if there were two crimes happening at the same time that night (Ji dad attacking those women while Sms dad tries to abduct his son and wife)? Then again Sms dad brief case had the lighters that blew up the microwave, which seemed to be in the same crime scene of the stabbing of those women.

sharp point, both locations of HS death and where SMs dad burned the phot looked exactly the same. I do wonder if it really was YG in the vision or if getting info of the case prior to the reading effected it so maybe it’s not him. Or like you said YG was there but also so was SMs dad since there were a bunch of men. Then who were those men that you asked? And how are SMs dad and YG related (maybe sms dad is an insurance broker too? And he would cause fire for money, but also use the opportunity to go on killing sprees? But then there’s also the question how he got away with abusing SM since like some have speculated, I wonder if Sms dad is a cop too) oh and from recent episodes, seems LA has said insurance money. So a shady insurance c9mlanh could be involved in this mysterious case along wit possibly corrupt cops.

YG was most likely killed by Sms dad, only because SM starts getting suspicious if his dad being behind it after YG death when he’s chained up like SM supposedly was in his childhood. But why? Because YG was protecting Sms mom and giving her new identity (but then if Sam was there, wouldn’t he know about mom’s identity too?) or he didn’t want YG to snitch sine they are accomplices? Who hired them? JSs dad? Or is JS dad also working for whoever hired him? Reason I suspect JS dad because of how quickly he closed the case.

This is a drama that requires re-watching earlier episodes to put together the clues... Unfortunately, I won't have time to do that this week. Have to leave for an unplanned trip and will be away for 2-3 days. Will definitely be behind in watching the new episodes this week. Hopefully I'll join the discussion again on Friday ;)

Archived