[Drama 2019] He Is Psychometric, 사이코메트리 그녀석

0ly40

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the behind the scenes of the poster making

Behind the scenes clips

and lol I just wanted to post this part because it was funny.

If you haven't seen episode 4 then I would say hold out on seeing these.

Spoiler

Clip from episode 4

Just finished writing on props. My take on this statue, tarot card, and the unfinished butterfly will be there: 

https://bitchesoverdramas.com/2019/03/23/hes-psychometric-on-the-use-of-props

GRvqXEX.png

Spoiler

oedT1AAr.png

Spoiler

ZYF77zW.png

Also finished my partial take on Kang SungMo. Link to the post is here:

https://bitchesoverdramas.com/2019/03/22/hes-a-psychometric-ep-4-on-kang-sungmo

DfqQNZc.png

Enjoy the weekend!

Late to the party as usual :lol:.  Had to recover from the cryfest that was Light In Your Eyes first before starting something else.  2019 is shaping up to be the year of serendipitous finds in dramaland.  First LIYE and now this.  I came into it with zero expectations and after watching Ep 1 and 2, I am strangely intrigued.  The characters are fresh and the acting believable and the plot is tantalising enough to keep me invested.  Thanks @packmule3 for the recommendation to get on board. I need to play catch up now. :P

And yes like others have mentioned here, it was disturbing that the Policeman would just send the little boy off with the box of collectables with no adult to accompany him - gross dereliction of duty?  His head was still bandaged :huh:??  And that fall from the building would most definitely have killed both of them??  But I will suspend my disbelief for the sake of the drama and let those details slide for now.

1 hour ago, nrllee said:

And yes like others have mentioned here, it was disturbing that the Policeman would just send the little boy off with the box of collectables with no adult to accompany him - gross dereliction of duty?  His head was still bandaged :huh:??  And that fall from the building would most definitely have killed both of them??  But I will suspend my disbelief for the sake of the drama and let those details slide for now.

It was later shown why though, which then became a little more acceptable to me. Can't remember exactly which episode.

And welcome!! Looking forward to reading your takes...

We will get Episode 5 today and excited to see what is in store.  The preview looked a little scary.  Can't tell if our hero actually gets stabbed or if he is having a psychometric memory.  I will most likely need to wait until tomorrow to watch, unfortunately, because they won't have the English translation done by tonight.

My take thus far

1. I don’t think SungMo is ‘bad’. Yes he has a secret but he’s protecting someone. Potentially his mother (like @packmule3 suggested).  She ran away (?) - the missing woman Kang EunSol poster in the lift.

2. Whoever’s doing the killing has a grudge against women.  Maybe SungMo’s father? Brother?  Angry that the mother ran away maybe?  One of them chained him when he was young. The killer is taunting him with the re-enactments knowing that he is the Prosecutor in charge of the case - the chain on the witness who was killed.

3. I love Detective Eun (and her friend at the morgue - nothing like death up close to simulate deep and meaningfuls about Prosecutor Kang :lol:).  She’s giving me Sandra Bullock in Ms Congenitality vibes :lol:

4.  I really like the dynamic between the 3 of them - SungMo, Detective Eun and Ahn...add a white fluffy dog and bingo...cute family dynamic overload. Thus far the female lead JaeIn is my least favourite character in the mix.  I feel like even though she’s supposed to be critical and supposedly one of the obvious threesome, at this point I am gravitating towards the quirky threesome of SungMo, Detective Eun and Ahn more :lol:

5. The dereliction of duty by the Policeman leaving Ahn alone was not explained well enough?  Yes the young Ahn was waiting outside the station for his ride (Orphanage) but shouldn’t he have been waiting inside until an adult came by to take him away?   Or someone waiting with him to make sure he got in the right vehicle?  I guess they had to play out the scene with him by himself meeting young JaeIn so I will let it slide.  :)

Rewatched some parts to try to get a sequence of events flowing in chronological order because it's being revealed to us piece meal.

1. JaeIn's dad is confronted by the 3 women - perhaps this is why JaeIn has doubts about her dad's innocence.  He had 'motive' because he was fired by the rude lady who was subsequently stabbed along with the other 2 ladies.

2. This all happened on the 7th floor.  The fire in the nursing home also happened in rooms 701/702 (?).  The lift with Ahn and his parents in it was stuck between the 6th and 7th (they were just below the 7th floor).  The 3 ladies were killed in room 702.  SungMo was running/walking on the 7th floor when his ankle was grabbed by Ahn's dad in the lift.  Was he a resident?  Was he visiting someone on the 7th floor?  There was a mysterious lady with a bag (looked like she was on the run) that saw the man dragging the suitcase (with the 4th body in it) and she was petrified when she saw him?  Potentially she is the missing woman Kang EunSol (?) in the poster on the lift.  She is in hiding/running?  Her son (?) SungMo was paying her a visit (?) or living with her - he was on the 7th floor when the fire broke?  SungMo was not the killer.  The killer left before the fire started.  SungMo started down the stairs but turned back.  JaeIn's dad tells him to look after Ahn whilst he tries to rescue Ahn's parents.  SungMo jumps with Ahn out the window.  JaeIn's dad obviously survives the fire and is convicted of starting it and also killing the women in room 702.  

3. Is the lady seen knitting in the hospital (?) who the man seemed to be protecting (who was later stabbed with the chain on his leg) the same petrified lady running (?) from the 7th floor?

4.  Not sure if this was a clue but the camera pans to 2 chains bolted to the wall.  SungMo only had one ankle in shackles...just like the man who was killed (but his ankle was shackled and the other end of the chain left lying loose).  Who was chained to the other?  A Brother?  His Mother who escaped later? :huh:

5. SungMo must have lived in the Orphanage after his escape from his hellish upbringing.  He seems very at home there...playing Soccer with the kids.  Talking to the priest (?).  Organizing JaeIn's living allowance payments.  He was also in the van to pick Ahn up from the Police station so he obviously had links there beforehand.  I doubt the Orphanage was the place of abuse or he wouldn't have left Ahn there.  The abuse happened prior to the Orphanage.  I find it odd that there's 4 bodies in the initial apartment fire.  Why bother killing another (dragging the body to the scene) to add to the mix and stage a setting of 4?  Potentially there were 4 in SungMo's family?  The Mother did a runner?  Left 2 boys with the Father who chained them to stop them from running away?  The little smile by the killer as he watches a sleeping JaeIn in the guard house drawing a "I love daddy" picture?  SungMo's Hyung/Dongsaeng is the killer.  SungMo adopts Ahn as his Dongsaeng who acts as his conscience so he too doesn't go down the path of his Brother?  Pure conjecture on my part of course.  :lol:

@nrllee I have the impression that SM wants LA to read him because SM has himself troubles to remember his past and the other reason is that he can not approach his mother directly. SM is taking pills and is suffering from a trauma. The fire was the trigger for his mother to fake her death. SM decided to help her that way but he knows that his father is still remaining by his side as he never bought the death of SM's mother. It looks like SM and his mother suffered a lot due to the father/husband: violence, abuse... I am even wondering if SM has not inherited something from his father: sociopath tendencies. First, he looked up what love meant and what obsess was, secondly he has problems to understand emotions, he can not read how they feel. Moreover, this would explain why LA has problems to read SM. This would be his biggest secret... However, I believe that thanks to LA, SM was able to change and become a decent person. In his room, there is also a painting showing multiple personalities and it is a clue that SM is not revealing his true self to his brother.

1 hour ago, bebebisous33 said:

In his room, there is also a painting showing multiple personalities and it is a clue that SM is not revealing his true self to his brother.

Yes that painting caught my eye too.  It has the faces of 3 men below which are 3 corresponding animals?  I need a still shot of it to confirm.  I am wondering if it's 3 men?  The dad who chained the 2 brothers because the Mother ran away?  I am wondering if the killer is the Father or a Brother.  He looks to be too young to be the Father given how much older SM is to LA, so I think it's SM's Brother.  That's why 3 men.  Could be wrong.  Maybe it is the demented Father and there's no Brother.  Actually the posters of The Mask on the street - there's 3 of them too.

Yes to blocked memories for SM - PSTD?  He's blocked out almost all emotions which is possibly why he seems so oblivious to Jisoo's advances.  SM gets flashes of his horrendous past, none of which make sense enough for him to form 'bad memories' for LA to read him (that whole spiel about Noradrenaline that he told LA).  I guess that's why when LA's Father grabbed his ankle when he was running past the lift, he didn't even flinch.  He can't remember.  Even when the killer left the clue with the chain on the dead man he seemed to struggle to make the link.  If it's his Brother he would be scared that he too would go down that path of becoming exactly like him - seeing both of them were raised in the exact same circumstances?  

Hmm...anticipating a jump in ratings for tonight's episode.  There's been a significant increase in number of views for last night's preview for tonight's Ep... It may well translate to a ratings rise.  I may have let my imagination run too wild. On second thought, @bebebisous33 is probably right about it being the Father as the killer, so no Brother - he only existed in my overactive imagination  :lol:

That painting is by Titian,  @nrllee "Allegory of Prudence."  :) 

vQ1ABbZ.jpg

The three men, Old Man, Adult, Youth, represent the passage of time, or the past, present, and the future. 

There's an inscription on the upper part of the painting -- written like a rainbow arc on top of the heads. "Ex praeterito praesens prudenter agit, ni futuram actione deturpet" which means roughly, "From the past (or learning from the past), the present acts prudently, to avoid messing up future action."  

My take on it: http://bitchesoverdramas.com/2019/03/26/hes-psychometric-ep-5-the-painting  :)

12 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

I am even wondering if SM has not inherited something from his father: sociopath tendencies. First, he looked up what love meant and what obsess was, secondly he has problems to understand emotions, he can not read how they feel. Moreover, this would explain why LA has problems to read SM. This would be his biggest secret... However, I believe that thanks to LA, SM was able to change and become a decent person. In his room, there is also a painting showing multiple personalities and it is a clue that SM is not revealing his true self to his brother.

Sorry for cutting your post chingu, but this is what I wanted to relay. I haven't watched episode 6 yet, but up until this point, LA's readings have been quite accurate. He can only read what is given from the person he comes into contact with. So, even going off of the body he was reading in episode one, that person's point of view was those ladies and the underwear sizes. That was spot on. Also, every time he has been with JI, his readings have helped her tremendously. I find it odd that SM hasn't realized this himself. SM is the ONLY person that LA has trouble reading. That is because his emotions are buried deep within. His mind is always working and he has questions about things, but emotionally he is dead.

Also, because of this I don't feel a romantic arc with he and Detective Eun. I do, however, think they work well together trying to solve cases. Even though his father clearly is a sociopath, I do not believe that he started the fire 11 years ago. Correct me if I am wrong, but those women in the ladies association, when that lead lady answered the door, didn't she say, "Aghasshi", before getting stabbed?The arsonist is definitely a woman.

36 minutes ago, nubianlegalmind said:

Correct me if I am wrong, but those women in the ladies association, when that lead lady answered the door, didn't she say, "Aghasshi", before getting stabbed?The arsonist is definitely a woman.

When I watched it, the subs had her saying "Ahjussi" as in "Mister" so it was a man.  And as @packmule3 astutely pointed out, he's left handed. He stabbed victims on their right side.  Most clearly seen when he stabbed Ahn coz you see Ahn grab hold of his hand holding the knife then and he did a reading on him.

Also been trying to work out why it is that SM seems so fixated on getting LA to hone his skills on JI first?  I get the feeling he knows personally he has memories locked up deep inside - latent.  I think he knows JI is similar?   Haven't watched Ep6 but looks like she has had some interaction with SM in the past too (from Preview).  So she's like the Guinea pig?  If LA can see those hidden memories of hers, he can unlock his (SM's) too?

Watching episode 6 and happened to notice a small detail which probably really means nothing but I thought was interesting:  in 2005 in SM's apartment, there were two small birds in a cage.    In episode 5, we were shown that SM has a birdcage in his bedroom with one small bird.

Birds in cages always kinda remind me of jailing something that ought to be free.

...........editing to add:

The woman in the composite sketch looks a whole lot like the picture of SM's mom.

That sorta-stolen psychology book also showed a picture of a person holding a mask.  That's not the first time we've seen a masked person (like the posters in the first episode) or a picture with more than one face (like the Titian painting)..

and I've got a question:  is it just me or does SM often look at JI in a very emotional way?  I can't tell if it's fondness or something else.  

2 hours ago, thistle said:

and I've got a question:  is it just me or does SM often look at JI in a very emotional way?  I can't tell if it's fondness or something else.

Yeah it sorta creeps me out a bit too.  :lol:. I can't tell if it's just 'fondness' (similar to how he looks at LA) or he actually likes her.  :huh:.  He is very non-emotive (to have to look up what love means in a dictionary is very factual and intellectual).  Although most psychopaths are like that...they lack EQ (emotional intelligence) - they cannot empathise with the victims' plight at all - they cannot comprehend that their actions bring about pain or suffering to the victims.  So if we presume that SM is lacking in EQ then chances are his affinity for JI is purely from the point of view of shared experience.  So he perceives that they are in the same plight - she has blocked out memories of her Father and doesn't want LA to read her because she is afraid of finding out the real truth.  Similarly he has blocked out memories of his Father (?) because to find out your Father is a Monster is a terrible thing (and it also casts doubt on himself as to whether it would also be his fate).  LA is the key to unlock those memories for both of them.

Archived