[Drama 2019] He Is Psychometric, 사이코메트리 그녀석

0ly40

SM has bad guy chained up in this dark creepy room. They talk, then SM moves right in front of the bad guy, squats down, and seems to make some very serious threats. I guess he's gonna torture the guy like he was tortured as a child. Now they're playing the creepy psycho music. They sound so alike now it's freaky. 

JI is briefing the whole detective unit on the case. Guess she's taking the lead. She seems to shock the detectives a bit.

SM's mother is locked up behind bars. An goes to visit her. Let's see if she'll talk to him or not....

An is talking to her from behind the jail bars. Well, she's talking back at least. But I don't think she gives up much.

JI and An meet up after their meetings. An suddenly runs home. He finds SM's passport I think. He calls JI and goes over the passport stamps with her. They are linking SM's passport to Gab I think.....that is bad. Isn't that we were fearing? He was the one paying Gab, oh noo. 

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quick scene of the Aunt watching the news with SH.

Another quick scene of DB passing out wanted flyers of the bad guy to his customers at the gas station.

An is at home, going over everything in his head, trying to connect the dots.

Back at the station, the detectives are also working hard. 

Big news, they have someone on CCTV. I think it is SM. Cuz the bad guy wouldn't let himself be caught on CCTV, right?

They are able to map out a route based on CCTV's in the area. 

Nam, JI, and An go investigating. Not sure where they are. Some small room somewhere? JI and Nam go outside while An stays inside. 

Nam and JI are digging through trash bags for evidence. 

Okay, An is going to scan the room. 

He sees the photos and post its on the mirror. Oh this is where SM was yesterday, putting up the post its and photos. 

Outside, in the trash bags, they find his empty pill bottle and the pills that were inside. 

An touches some more objects and gets a glimpse of the map that SM had put up on the wall. 

He calls the detectives to tell them what he saw on the map. 

Police head out to check out some of the places I think.

Nam, An, and JI are in a car going over it too. 

Back to SM at his dungeon. Gosh, what is he planning to do? Psychologically torture him? They talk face to face some more. SM starts laughing creepily.

Now Nam, An and JI are at some abandoned building it seems. Not sure if it's the same place. Oooh it's the abandoned hospital I think, where the bad guy went to treat his gunshot wound. An gets a read from the door handle. But not sure if it's where SM has him kept...

JI and Nam find a locked door. They kick it in but nothing. An runs up. JI shakes her head, they have nothing. An stays inside, trying to read the walls.....Ooh He touches a door handle and sees bad guy enter and SM standing there, waiting for him. Oooh, this is the spot where SM booby trapped him. An sees all this. But the question remains, where did SM take the bad guy??

Next day, funeral for JS. 

After laying flowers, An, JI, and the morgue doctor take a walk. Looks like morgue doctor ran the pills that SM was taking. She gives the bag back to An and JI. Ahh what pills was he taking, I'm so curious!

SM meanwhile has filled a bathtub with water and is kinda-sorta water torturing the bad guy now. 

Back at the cemetery, Nam and JS's father talk some more. Police chief going over the night of the apartment fire. I guess he's trying to explain why he allowed himself to be bribed and why he botched the case purposefully. Well there's no excuse really. And now his daughter is dead. He walks away from Nam solemnly. 

JI and An in the car. JI is taking notes in her notebook. 

Cut back to cemetery. SM is at her grave. He lays flowers and the locket with their photo in it. We get a memory of when they took the photo together. In a photo booth. She got him to smile. Awwww. We get more memories of them together. Including her death again, whyyy. SM doesn't appear to cry. Just says sorry and some other stuff and walks away. 

OMO!! JI and An arrive back at the police station and SM just strolls in. Wow not expecting that. What does he say to them?

They all go into the hallway. SM drops his mother's ring into An's hand, so he can read its memories. He sees the memory at the park with the rubix cube and all that. But not sure what mom and SM say to each other fully. An squeezes the ring tightly. He goes to SM's mother and hands her the ring back. She takes it and smiles. Where did SM go? Into an interrogation room, maybe? 

Okay, he's in the interrogation room with JI. 

I really didn't think An nor JI would ever see him again. 

I dunno, SM is acting pretty cold. 

JI is questioning him hard. I need to know what's being said! 

Oooh flashback to night of fire. He sends his mother out of the building with a bag and clothing covering her face....

need flashback to understand what's happening but now he's just talking with no visible flashback for us....

Okay, now they're talking about Gab....ahhh I need to know what happened at the apartment fire! 

He's mentioning something about An's psychometric abilities. An is watching/listening and his fist is clinched tightly....

What is SM saying? He suddenly stands up and leaves the interrogation room. 

An chases after him. They have a confrontation in the hallway. JI is standing there watching too. An is yelling, I don't think he wants to believe it all. SM starts to walk away. An grabs his hand. He sees a conversation with SM and the bad guy. Something is revealed in that conversation and An looks shocked.

OMG WHAT WAS BEING SAID. SOMEONE FIND EXPLANATIONS, QUICK!

Instead of preview, we got some epilogue of sorts with SM explaining the rubix cube to An....

Thank you @triplem ! That's a good thing if he didn't start the apartment fire. But people on YT are saying when An performed psychometry on  SM that it revealed he killed the bad guy. Which would make JS's words to him meaningless, which would be sad. I'm gonna somehow try and hold out hope that SM isn't really that bad...but I just don't know anymore. Oof! 

2 hours ago, triplem said:

Did you managed to finish the eps @ktcjdrama

I did...

Good thing I waited to start watching after my meeting, otherwise I would have to go with swollen eyes. I still couldn't believe the writer went that route. But I'm also thinking that no body and no funeral, there might still be the possibility of a fake out.... :unsure: yes, there is the scene at cemetery, but, but, but... Her father too looked too calm for someone who just lost an only daughter.

In the middle of watching ep.14 raw now, because I just couldn't wait to find out sooner what happen next. Have another morning meeting tomorrow, so can only watch subs in the afternoon.

I don't believe that SM killed the ladies and started the apartment fire. He kept asking JS to get her father investigate properly, and looked rather upset that he didn't. Why would he do that if he is the culprit? And what's the deal with YSS Construction?

5 hours ago, turtlegirl said:

Thank you @triplem ! That's a good thing if he didn't start the apartment fire. But people on YT are saying when An performed psychometry on  SM that it revealed he killed the bad guy. Which would make JS's words to him meaningless, which would be sad. I'm gonna somehow try and hold out hope that SM isn't really that bad...but I just don't know anymore. Oof! 

Yes! I saw that, too. LA touched SM's hand and saw him strangling the bad guy. Which LA couldn't believe it that his hyung would do that. Not sure what happened, but I'm thinking SM did that, because he needed to end it all. Remember him saying to the camera in couple episodes back that he'll play the game with the bad guy. So it's a life and death game. If SM doesn't kill the bad guy, the bad guy will.

58468796_277700732953966_806185957855968

Spoiler

56640864_2468346300108548_79523799887654

58423602_324393171825895_870132892642653

56627365_543361832855134_552919011600876

Spoiler

57564816_636467943453244_136130661560386

I really don't know what to say, kang seong Mo what's his real motive behind all this. And How he already knew Lee An will able to read him this time:bawling: 

I can't wait for next week.

I think the real motive here might be that Seong Mo wanted to help change Lee Ahn's life for the good. When he was in interogation, he proved that psychometry can't be used in court as of right now, but like it says above LA can prove his ability by finding the killer now after he read SM. In the end justice kinda prevails here from what im predicting. psychometry is would finally be accepted by the police force, YSS will be exposed, the killer will be jailed, SM might get some jail time depending on the truth here , Jae In will get admitted to the police force, and the mother will finally be safe. Only thing left confused here is why Jae In's dad didnt fight against his charges or maybe it was true in the first place.

I am finally caught up and up to Ep 13.

Urgh…that was brutal. I was in denial…witnessed the foreshadowing but just didn’t quite want to believe it… RIP JiSoo :tears:.   I would like to see some redemption arc for SM and not for him to turn into the monster all the foreshadowing is alluding to…but…maybe it will be a final LA vs SM battle in the end just like Darth and Luke… Will LA (Luke) save SM (Darth) from his demons? This drama is killing me…in a good way.  

The mirrors played heavily in this episode. What you see without is not what lies within. All respectable on the outside but evil within – SM?. “What is essential is invisible to the eye” – this quote has gone dark…very dark :tears:. I hope the other famous quote from Little Prince rings true too in this drama “It is only with the heart that one sees rightly” – LA believed his Hyung to be good…let’s hope for his sake his belief isn’t shattered.

The sticky notes on the mirror…9 in total…squares of a Rubik’s cube…but not all the same…there are still pieces in play…and SM the puppeteer is still doing the manipulation.

Also, SM’s dad seems to be alluding to SM being the one responsible for knifing the 3 ladies in the apartment and setting fire to the building…although he admitted to the body in the suitcase. What I would like to think is that SM’s dad was implying that when SM stabbed him, he wanted to feel what it was like to stab others too so he killed the ladies?? Otherwise to claim that SM killed the ladies and set fire to the apartments doesn’t fit the timeline and story thus far…it was definitely SM’s dad who took the jacket off JI, he wheeled the suitcase into the apartments…it wouldn’t make sense for SM to suddenly have the jacket and knock on the apartment next door? I can accept he potentially set fire to the apartments to hide his mother’s identity though…

It bugs me that KGY didn’t kill SM’s dad in the altercation at HanMin. “I could kill you here but I would lose my VIP customer”? “You need enemies to have allies”? SM was the VIP customer? Hmm…unless he is saying that SM is paying him for every identity change, and therefore the dad needs to stay alive for that to keep happening? Had he killed SM’s dad, all the running and hiding would be over? So no more business with the VIP customer? Did SM order the ‘tying off of loose ends’ with the ladies in the suitcases?  

Also there was a second entrapment of SM…his mom said so…which is why he had the bleeding ankle at the apartment. Where was his mom then? How did he escape a second time??

Last but not least, if SM was driving his mom away from the HanMin home (and he was dressed in the same black outfit as his dad :()…where was KGY? He had her last (she was drugged out and said she only came to in the new home?). That doesn’t make sense. SM didn’t know where his mom was after that incident?? Or that was how it appeared anyway? Unless he ordered KGY to stash her away again but just didn’t get the chance to get her name/where she was before KGY died which was why he was glad to find out what her new identity was when the Dragon Recruitment (?) bust happened and he reconnected with her again.

There is still some ‘good’ left in SM. He wanted LA/JI and his mom away from the confrontation with his dad – he sent them to the other station. What he didn’t foresee was that poor JiSoo didn’t get that memo and therefore ended up in the wrong place at the wrong time to try to stop him – my heroine to the end… He loved(?) her though. His tears said as much…that’s what I want to believe anyway.  :tears:  Notice how LA never used mirrors?  He always checked his hair with his reflection on a window pane or photo frame.  No mirrors.  With his psychometric abilities he knows full well that what you see on the outside is not what is really on the inside.

Sunflowers in Memorium for JiSoo.  She died in the arms of the man she loved.  Technically she died in theatre but hey, his was the last face she saw and she was the last person she spoke to.

I think given the fact that JiSoo is dead, all the foreshadowing related to SM would ring true too.  He's the Little Prince.  Jesus on the cross.  The Little Prince dies in the story to return to his rose.  And in this case SM dies to return to his sunflower JS.  

(I have another lengthy post I typed about finale predictions which I posted in PM3's blog comments but hasn't appeared yet so I will wait till that appears before reposting here).

Someone asked about the pills that SM took.  I will take a stab in the dark and say that they are likely Beta Blockers.  Off label use for patients with anxiety.  It reduces the noradrenaline levels in your brain.  Which is why LA could never read SM.  Until he tossed the pills away and his noradrenaline levels reverted back to normal.  Noradrenaline is like adrenaline - it kicks off your body's inbuilt "fight or flight" system. When you encounter stress or danger, your body releases it to ready itself to fight an enemy or flee from danger (increase heart rate, heightened responses).  Noradrenaline also acts in the brain to trigger memory... So in future events, you will have a faster response time.  Explains why you remember more when in a stressful situation than say your usual humdrum everyday activity.

Ahh...guessed wrong about the pills....but they are similar - Fluvoxamine for OCD/anxiety.  :lol: 

My predictions
1. SM dies. Like the Little Prince. And Jesus.  Now that JiSoo is dead, and if he really is the VIP customer for KGY and called for the ladies to be killed, death is really the only redemptive path for him. Back to his rose/sunflower JiSoo. Her last words “come back to me” fulfilled. He dies in LA’s arms (like Vader and Luke)…and LA gets a final read on him for dramatic effect.   Although from his conversations with JI in the interrogation room I am not so sure he ordered the hit on the 2 homeless ladies?  If he did, he's in irredeemable territory for me and his fate would be redemptive death.

2. Stalker dad dies. Mom kills him after he kills SM. She pleads insanity and gets put in an asylum.

3. LA and JI live happy ever after. They have twins. A boy and a girl – SM/JS. Like the Little Prince – whenever the Aviator looks up to the stars he hears the sound of tiny bells and thinks of the Little prince…the children’s laughter like bell peals remind them of SM/JS.

4. Lieutenant Nam and JI’s aunt get together, needless to say, and of course Daebong and SoHyun(?) too – finally (frankly I am kinda annoyed with this side story...just give them a happy ever after already?)

5. JI’s dad is acquitted and lives with LA/JI.

6. JS’s dad is removed from his Superintendent position and has to live the rest of his life grieving. It’s ironic that his attempt to save/protect her actually resulted in her demise.

Other notes

1. I really find it creepy that SM slid the ring onto his mom's ring finger??  It's one thing to have a cute 3yo son saying he will marry mummy when he grows up but quite another to have a grown man put it on his mother's ring finger?? Only a groom does that?  :crazy:  But hey, SM and his mom are hardly normal people so I will let it slide...

2. JS's dad let slip to Nam that someone (a resident) passed JI's dad's blood stained jacket to him as evidence.  That someone testified that JI's dad gave him/her the jacket to cover his/her face as he/she exited the building?  How did the jacket end up there?  That's weird.  Jacket was definitely on the murderer when he did the killing. Stalker dad disposed of the jacket on his way out of room 702??  But where though??  SM claimed he sent his mom out of harm's way and he headed up to LA's dad (on 15th floor) to get help...presumably he missed them because they were all heading down in the elevator to get LA's puppy.  Explosion and fire happens.  SM dashes down the stairs and gets to 7th floor again where he meets LA/parents trapped in the lift?  Here's where I am confused.  Why would he stop on the 7th floor on his way down??  Why not just go all the way down - he was already in the stairwell coming down from the 15th floor?? That's odd.  Maybe I am just nit picking...

Finale week next week.  I am looking forward to writer tying up loose ends well.  He/she has been exemplary thus far...plot has been tight and very interesting.  I have high hopes that it will all come together in the end.  Even if it means JS and SM only have their happy ever after in the afterlife.

EDIT to add - I rewatched segments of Ep14.  The witness that claimed JI's father passed the jacket onto someone to use to escape down the stairs was none other than SoHyun's father (she's estranged from him or something but she was planning to contact him and ask him again?). That was the conversation she had with JI's aunt as they were watching the news.  She mentioned that she was the one who used the jacket to cover her mouth as she escaped from the fire...I must've missed that she lived in the apartments too?  Her dad testified that it was JI's dad who gave him the jacket and he gave it to SoHyun to use.  I guess potentially that would bring about 'reasonable doubt' and clear JI's father of the murder/arson.

_26A0791.JPG?type=w800_q75when in the world this happened....? Don't tell me it's heaven:joy: Writer want all of them together.

DSC08584.JPG?type=w800_q75In the Heaven I'm waiting for my prince.

%EC%82%AC%EB%A9%94_190418_015.JPG?type=w

More pics

SM back to his Rose I'm agree with that(

People have forgotten this truth," the fox said. "But you mustn’t forget it. You become responsible forever for what you’ve tamed. You’re responsible for your rose.)

But without SM his mother will be alone and If SM killed all of them it's better to die rather than behind the bars .

So I think there are chances of death of Seong Mo and His Mother too. Or may be only His mother.

5 hours ago, RPM said:

So I think there are chances of death of Seong Mo and His Mother too.

I've been thinking that this would have to happen since JS has been killed.

I wish 

Spoiler

that JS's sneaky daddy would have used his YSS contacts to get her stolen away from the hospital and healed elsewhere but there is no chance since we know that LA did psychometry on her.

7 hours ago, nrllee said:

My predictions
1. SM dies. Like the Little Prince. And Jesus.  Now that JiSoo is dead, and if he really is the VIP customer for KGY and called for the ladies to be killed, death is really the only redemptive path for him. Back to his rose/sunflower JiSoo. Her last words “come back to me” fulfilled. He dies in LA’s arms (like Vader and Luke)…and LA gets a final read on him for dramatic effect.   Although from his conversations with JI in the interrogation room I am not so sure he ordered the hit on the 2 homeless ladies?  If he did, he's in irredeemable territory for me and his fate would be redemptive death.

2. Stalker dad dies. Mom kills him after he kills SM. She pleads insanity and gets put in an asylum.

I agree with these points, and I think it would be an interesting ending if mom killed stalker dad, but I think it would be groundbreaking if mom actually killed SM herself after/in the heat of him killing stalker. 

I love how Lieutenant Nam has really stepped up and used his authority and intelligence for this case - its very refreshing after watching him laze around in the community center for most of the show. JI too, it's great how Nam is letting her work as a major detective in this case. 

I think that the reason why SM trained LA's abilities and wanted him to be involved in the investigation is because he wants the culprit to be caught - ie. Kang Geun Taek, but he knows that there is no tangible evidence that he himself was actually involved in any of the crimes apart from identity theft. So in that sense, he's safe from any serious punishment but the cases will all be closed properly with his father as the culprit. Which is perhaps what JS would've wanted. 

I think So Hyeon's dad will reveal some new crucial information... but unfortunately I will be busy next week so I probably won't have the time to watch until the end of the week :sweatingbullets:

Archived