[Drama 2019] He Is Psychometric, 사이코메트리 그녀석

0ly40

19 minutes ago, rika978 said:

haha yep, that's true, I'm not that big a fan of romance, so it's natural i'm not that really into those sort of scenes. The issue i have with this drama is that i feel the director tries to balance the romance and the thriller crime stuff, but it just feels so lopsided to me, like i don't know why. The unfolding of the story is a little too draggy for my liking, like it's just not progressive enough - things are finally starting to come together but the aha! and ""ohhhhh so it's like that.." moments aren't as impactful as i would like it to be, but i guess this is mostly my own issue.

Then you need to check out other dramas, because from the start, I can already tell there will be romance here. And for me it's good balance, not all kissy-kissy. Eg.when JI just woke up at the hospital. Only them snuggling faces.

Come watch Confession with me? No romance.

(I'm staying away from the thread from now on to avoid spoilers until I can watch with subs)

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, rika978 said:

*gulps* unpopular opinion most likely but I wished they cut down on the romance and kiss scenes lol, it's so damn distracting while I'm losing my shiz trying to find out the truth behind this whole case 

Agree , because of too much romance now my bromance :Dis totally gone.

And also because Lee An know that Kang seong Mo also like her , so it doesn't seems right to having kiss scenes. (Or they can save for Ending ).

3 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

(I'm staying away from the thread from now on to avoid spoilers until I can watch with subs)

I'm watching Confession, too, but it's soo much to take and I got soo sucked into the first 4 episode, that I'm going to let it sit then I'll binge watch it. It's really good, so I wanna enjoy it instead of having to wait.

I'm waiting on the subtitles for both episodes for this week. I just spoil myself with the clips and seeing other post.

The romance don't bother me. I'm just curious on everything like Ji Soo's adoptive dad, like come on you were bad guy in Terius, are you bad guy here, too? Lol. That's all I think now. Also everything around our 4 characters seems suspicious of them being listened or spy on.

8 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Then you need to check out other dramas, because from the start, I can already tell there will be romance here. And for me it's good balance, not all kissy-kissy. Eg.when JI just woke up at the hospital. Only them snuggling faces.

yep, I'm going to hop onto the other drama ships now baha - ooh Confession, I was planning to start this after HIP!

I'm also going to try doctor prisoner, and have heard good things about it from friends 

Episode 12 left us more tantalizing clues.  

JS's dad "bought" her heart surgery by doing dirty work for YSS.  But did she just have surgery or did she get a donor heart?  If so, was it done by YSS organ trafficking?  That would be really awful.

And I'm thinking that the trigger for SM's emotions is LA.  The problem is that, as much as he seems to care for LA, SM is using him.  Next episode should make that very clear if I heard the promo right.  SM seems to be in real danger.  Is he really a good guy and will he live through this?

Also, how much has Nam been holding out on us?  I wanna believe that he's one of the good guys (not to mention that he needs to hook up with JI's auntie) but he feels really guilty about something.  I hope he doesn't get killed either.

Since I'm now being seen as "nitpicky" I might as well mention this minor error:  When LA and JI were going to the hidden station, LA opened the door that SM had opened earlier; he has always reacted to items like doorknobs before, so why didn't he simply psychometry the fact that his hyung was already there?  

6 hours ago, thistle said:

Since I'm now being seen as "nitpicky" I might as well mention this minor error:  When LA and JI were going to the hidden station, LA opened the door that SM had opened earlier; he has always reacted to items like doorknobs before, so why didn't he simply psychometry the fact that his hyung was already there?  

Hahaha.... I thought about it too!!

After ep.12, I start to question KSM's innocence again. Why is he so mysterious?? Is he the good guy or the bad guy? This episode didn't give any further clues, nor the preview. Argh! 4 more episodes... how will the story go? So unpredictable! (in a good way)...

10 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Hahaha.... I thought about it too!!

After ep.12, I start to question KSM's innocence again. Why is he so mysterious?? Is he the good guy or the bad guy? This episode didn't give any further clues, nor the preview. Argh! 4 more episodes... how will the story go? So unpredictable! (in a good way)...

Chingu this was exactly what I came on the thread for! The end of the recent episode confused me. Is KSM not as innocent and a victim as I thought he was? Also why did LA touch his chest when he did a reading while back with KSMs thoughts about JI? Is he in love with her? Feel Guilty to her? 

18 hours ago, thistle said:

And I'm thinking that the trigger for SM's emotions is LA.  The problem is that, as much as he seems to care for LA, SM is using him.  Next episode should make that very clear if I heard the promo right.  SM seems to be in real danger.  Is he really a good guy and will he live through this?

That is why SM just up and leaving like he did is so frustrating. So much has happened since he bounced and he doesn't have a care in the world. I don't like how he didn't at least say something to LA. JI would have died had LA been just a minute later. This could have been avoided if SM had been more forthright with everyone. Truthfully, if LA had not found JI's phone, she would've been a goner. This is why I am glad they didn't try to force a love line between SM and EJS. SM not only struggles with identifying emotions, he is only thinking about himself, with little to no thought about everyone else. He brought both LA and JI in to the picture, so he could get clues and answers about him mother's whereabouts. Not to sound mean, but his mother isn't trying to be found. For all of his father's sinister plans, she has Houdini'd everyone in this drama. No one knows where she is and clearly the police are involved in what happened at that apartment fire because his mother hasn't gone to the cops not even once. 

Meanwhile, in typical toxic male fashion, his father is going around trying to kill everyone that is even acquainted with his son because he can't get his "property" back. This reeks of his dad abusing him for existing because he takes his wife's attention away from him. That disease he has of not having emotions is also caused by some severe childhood trauma, which I believe SM started getting abused at a young age and since then this kicked in. His mother had to teach him about these emotions because he didn't know and she felt partly responsible for him being that way. And in Tina Turner fashion, she and her son got away and were on the run from the crazy father, but he found them and this fire ended up being a blessing in disguise for the mother because she could fake death and permanently get away. SM went to live in the States for awhile and by the time he came back he was a prosecutor, which offers him some protection. 

I need the writer to provide some answers and not try to tie everything up in one episode.

So I have to say I like the romance here as it is the light in the dark themes in the drama. Also to me love is just not romantic love here, but love between stranger bonding true tracking past that connect them. Like Sun mo ended up taking care of kid  Lee An and Lee An clearly sees him as a brother. To me it obvious they both care for each other.  Even tough I really wonder what Sun mo is hiding I do think he care for Lee An in his own way. Beside he also helped Jae in in the background. I do not think he like her like that, but have allot of guild for something he knows regarding the real person starting the fire. I think he really likes Ji soo because she have been the only person he have open up to and it is just the stalker getting it wrong.

Also to me without the romance I don´t think our OTP would mentally be there to face their past. they make each other grow and become stronger. I love them :wub:

I feel so bad for Ji soo. I hope she get to right the wrong her father did. 

Looking forward to next week as I think we gonna get the missing puzzle pieces to get the hole picture. 

Oh man,i truly hope Seung Mo will survive all this and find peace and hapiness as he really deserves it after the hell he's been all his life!!!Also i must say that the casting stuff did an amazing job casting Jo Byung Gyu as the younger Seung Mo as i really think they both resemble...Don't know if i'm into the minority but i trully enjoy the thriller and mistery aspect of the show and quite less the romance one...

i'm soo in love with drama, it's driving me crazy. unpopular opinion here, but for me SM and JS story is waay more interesting than LA and JI. i sometimes forgot that those two (LA and JI) are the main lead. well tbh JI is my least favorite character here. her conflict seems "lighter" compared to SM and even JS. however, her scene with LA is adorable so i cant really complain haha

On 4/17/2019 at 9:41 AM, thistle said:

JS's dad "bought" her heart surgery by doing dirty work for YSS.  But did she just have surgery or did she get a donor heart?  If so, was it done by YSS organ trafficking? 

woah that would really be bad, JS would feel soooo guilty I can't even imagine. 

I actually think that JI was the one who triggered SM's emotions because we've been seeing so many flashbacks of the time in front of the Christmas tree when young JI cutely shows young SM what 'pretty' means :) perhaps that's why hes also obsessive over her and watching her, mirroring the way that Kang Eun Tak is obsessive over SM's mum - who, as other people have mentioned, probably was his trigger too. 

The ending of ep 12 makes me really curious as to what will happen in the station. LA finds it even more traumatic than JI's kidnapping and the death of his parents??? I've been trying to think of a situation that could trump those but all I can think of is psychological torture. not too sure, but very excited for next week

64JGF2GG3JJFCMSHOG8D.jpg ji soo  : An...

I think he wants you to help him with something. 

He's the only person you can't read, which means that his mind is closed off.

That must made it lonely for him.

I'm sure there's a reason behind it too.

You may not be the only one who thought that he was Alone. 

6EEDI1CET5YKLZ5JGRPN.jpg

VG53PNXNXANMJZ3SAP15.jpg

He is only using them and he's only thinking about himself I think it's not right to say. He wants to protect them , as JS said he put An on JI side to protect her .He also want to End everything to protect his loved ones.

Seong Mo never forced Lee An for psychometry Even if he wants he never forced him to do in any way. He only need his help to sort out everything. Even if it's for help he never said. To judge his innocence is not right at any point , Suffering with emotional unawareness how can you judge someone for his innocence. 

On 4/18/2019 at 3:57 PM, boxylollypop said:

woah that would really be bad, JS would feel soooo guilty I can't even imagine. 

I actually think that JI was the one who triggered SM's emotions because we've been seeing so many flashbacks of the time in front of the Christmas tree when young JI cutely shows young SM what 'pretty' means :) perhaps that's why hes also obsessive over her and watching her, mirroring the way that Kang Eun Tak is obsessive over SM's mum - who, as other people have mentioned, probably was his trigger too. 

The ending of ep 12 makes me really curious as to what will happen in the station. LA finds it even more traumatic than JI's kidnapping and the death of his parents??? I've been trying to think of a situation that could trump those but all I can think of is psychological torture. not too sure, but very excited for next week

My most worst thing that comes to mind would be that SM dies in the process...

I think it's safe to say that SM trigger is indeed JI but i think in her respect it also made him feel guilty because he knew all along that her father wasn't the criminal and yet she suffered all those years,no wonder that he cared for her all those years...I must say that i like that nothing is truly black&white but more shades of gray in all their stories even if i don't doubt JS father statment that he chose the wrong path in a moment that he was at his weakest in terms of his daughter health but i'm actually curious if after that he also became power hungry liking his position and what he got from it as i don't see him show remorse for his deed...

I must say that i'm actually much more invested in SM story and journey than Lee An,i mean even if he is the hero and has such a gift i find SM much more intresting as character and arc and both the young and present actor did a great job making me invested in SM...

On 4/15/2019 at 6:35 PM, chief pops said:

I think you're kind of nitpicking at it here 

1: Would a scene where he picks up his phone or goes outside to scream help really do much at all for that scene. I get that it kind of doesn't make sense where one-second shes drowning and the next second she's suddenly in the ambulance with not even an oxygen tank or but who knows.

Like i think back about that scene now since she was chained down, how did she get out of that. Scenes like this just take up screen time as the drama is winding down because it just takes up time whereas there's still a lot left for the drama to explain/ finish up.

The police chase i feel like are one of those where the driver speeds up and magically loses track of the police, these scenes are kind of common in dramas because they need that antagonist to still be there for the drama to conclude rather than have him taken in to police , problem solved(that would be too easy). It's frustrating but i've seen alot of dramas do this anyways, this is not the only one. and besides phones these days are waterproof or at least water resistant to a point this won't stop a person from using the phone entirely.

I agree. 

1. Phones are waterproof nowadays so Lee Ahn's phone should be fine. Samsung even sold exploding phones that they had to recall, right? (lol)  

2. It's superfluous to watch: 

a. Lee Ahn panicking and calling the ambulance

b. ambulance arriving and undoing the chain

c. police cars chasing the criminal and the criminal escaping on foot

I can connect the dots so I don't have to SEE the scenes to know that rescue happened and that the criminal eluded them again. It's more important to MOVE the plot along than to shoot these redundant ambulance and chase scenes. 

Anyway, here are my thoughts on Kim Gab Yong's "Client" who didn't want loose ends. 

qBk6Aw4.png

To me, the worst case scenario is not "Hyung....omoni," as Lee Ahn speculated. 

gwbUrWI.png

It's somebody else. And THAT person is the reason Sungmo's mom "attempted suicide the day she found out the deaths of Kang Hee Sook and Park Soo Young."

https://bitchesoverdramas.com/2019/04/17/hes-psychometric-kim-gab-yongs-boss

And here are my random comments on Episode 12:

My comments on Ep 12
https://bitchesoverdramas.com/2019/04/18/hes-psychometric-ep-12-random-notes

On 4/16/2019 at 11:01 AM, jannedrumsit said:

I just want my girl Ji Soo to be safe and happy... I guess it's too much to ask. :cold_sweat:

Same here. I want her safe and I want her happy. About two weeks ago, I said that she'd been ignoring death and I didn't like it.

https://bitchesoverdramas.com/2019/04/07/hes-psychometric-ignoring-death

Here's my interpretation of the sunflowers. This was written almost two weeks ago, too, so I haven't updated the sunflower sighting.

https://bitchesoverdramas.com/2019/04/10/hes-psychometric-ep-10-on-sunflowers-mums-and-yss-construction

and here: 

https://bitchesoverdramas.com/2019/04/15/hes-psychometric-osts-and-sunflowers

As you can see I've been busy writing all sorts of nonsense about this kdrama. lol. 

Even though I expect the worst for Jisoo, I do wish nothing but the very best for her. 

Enjoy!!

1 hour ago, packmule3 said:

I can connect the dots so I don't have to SEE the scenes to know that rescue happened

I can connect the dots as well.  I was merely wishing for a smooth transition between scenes.  As I said much earlier, it would have been enough to see him with the phone in his hand or seeing Nam rushing into the room.  It doesn't take much to create a transition. 

I meant what I said:  Episode 11 was executed in a sloppy manner regarding those two scenes.  It is not nitpicking to expect scenes to be connected in a way that makes sense.

I think SM kept a barrier from JS so she wouldn’t be targeted by her dad. If the preview is like it alluded to that he was using LA, then maybe he was using JI too as bait and all those times he visited her were on purpose to mislead his dad since he had a good understanding on his behavior.

Archived