[Drama 2019] Possessed, 빙의

0ly40

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This drama has a better love line than the actual romance dramas!!! I cannot believe this is a horror story! 

It seems a bit slow at the start but it picked up gradually. Definitely worth a watch! The actors are outstanding! My only complaint is that horror is bit weak. I have 3 more episodes to catch up on and I hope I am proven wrong.

I'm currently loving this drama! I like the mix of horror, comedy, thriller, and the loveline in between.  I also love the casting! I'm glad that they decided to cast Song Sae Byeok and not some typical pretty guy...I like the ruggedness he brings to the character. 

I'm looking forward to the next episodes and hoping that we get a good ending.

Oh dear, this drama is so underrated! 

I thought this thread would be at least 30 pages already, but what happened here? I am only on the second page?! :blink:

People need to watch this drama.

I binge-watched all 12 episodes because I can't stop watching when I tried to check out the first episode!

For me this drama is quite good at balancing between comedy, romance, horror and thriller.  The pace is just nice even though I do agree that it is a bit weaker on the horror/thriller part. Probably because I had high expectation to OCN's shamanism/exorcism theme like they did with The Guest, I was expecting Seo-Jung could be stronger in her Shamanic ritual performance. I saw some comments in other site criticizing them being coward and running away from fighting Director Oh. However, if we consider her lack of experience where she haven't even properly taught by Mother Shaman on the "procedure" / "rules" aside from her great psychic ability, it is understandable that she chose to run rather than continuing a losing fight in the current episode. It can be seen her lack of experience made she assume that the ghost can't  possess a person or some other phenomenon after that that she herself never knew of. She just has no idea yet what other way to control HDD's wicked soul and method to make him perish. 

Nonetheless, the acting is superb. I have been waiting Go Joon Hee to take on a lead role, she usually take a second lead role in the mainstream drama. It's nice to see she is attempting an unconventional lead character. The romance between the leads is so alluring that it is captivating to watch. LOL! :rolleyes:

Ah, nobody want to discuss what did Seo Jung see at the end of ep 12? 

I think she saw Det. Kang's mother's soul / ghost (whatever they call it). 

I am very much anticipate for the next episode, but I am also worried about the ending. 

I hope the writer doesn't make this flop. Please have a good ending. 

Just watched the 1st episode and I'm loving it!!!

The female lead is very intriguing and I like her already!

@ellelyana88 hello!!! I'm sold on the first episode! Something like our favourite drama, The Guest! 

But I'm only at episode 2 so.. gonna take a while to catch up since it's spooky.. I can't binge watch till night..... :sweatingbullets:

@sushilicious @Dramanoona our cup of tea...

Spooky spook... laughter and brain frying required!

1 hour ago, mrsj3n said:

our cup of tea...

Spooky spook... laughter and brain frying required

Ikr. Lolllllll. But let’s hold on to this and bless our shinbuun first lolll.

i didn’t watch this...

Spoiler

The cast...isn’t really handsome....ouch.

1 hour ago, mrsj3n said:

Just watched the 1st episode and I'm loving it!!!

The female lead is very intriguing and I like her already!

@ellelyana88 hello!!! I'm sold on the first episode! Something like our favourite drama, The Guest! 

But I'm only at episode 2 so.. gonna take a while to catch up since it's spooky.. I can't binge watch till night..... :sweatingbullets:

@sushilicious @Dramanoona our cup of tea...

Spooky spook... laughter and brain frying required!

Ohh Helloo @mrsj3n   

This drama is not that spooky and not much brain-frying needed. It is more of a thriller vibe though the story centering around them trying to get rid of the serial-murderer's soul, HDD. However, I like the way they balance the theme they are presenting: comedy / romance / thriller / horror (well, maybe they should cut a bit on the comedy part, because it does feel draggy in certain episodes). 

The romance part in this drama is better than a romance drama. It is not touchy, kissy or huggy at all, but the leads' expressions and chemistry exude this alluring aura around them when they are together.. to the point I feel the stab in my heart when they cried together for the choice of saving the world. :heartbreak:

The main leads are great indeed in expressing their emotions and inner struggle. However, I do have one complaint for the female character. Not the actress or how she acts but the character that she portrays. After watching episode 13 today, I think it's stupid for her to believe what HDD said / promised and cut herself like that (next episode's preview). It's such a waste of her talent that she didn't get proper Shamanism training before she become one. It's frustrating to see she doesn't know her way around while facing a wicked soul such as HDD. I was hoping that the Mother Shaman would live one or two more days to pass down her knowledge or at least leave some anecdotes regarding how to deal with different types of soul and some rules. SJ is getting helpless and restless while HDD is getting stronger collecting more souls. I am not sure how they would wrap up all the mess planned by HDD, but Please dear writer-nim, come up with something good in the next 3 episodes. *finger cross for a good ending*

30 minutes ago, sushilicious said:

i didn’t watch this...

Hide contents

The cast...isn’t really handsome....ouch.

Ouch indeed. Lol

But it's good. In my opinion.

I like him for being the unconventional male lead that we always see.

And he is just as good!

No pressure though. Watch if you want.

:)

@ellelyana88 I'm a scary cat..... anything that cause me to jump or look away is spooky spook!! Lol

4 minutes ago, mrsj3n said:

Lol

Nah.. no worries.

Everyone's entitled to their own preference!

:smile:

Butttttttt. I did watch the part where the main guy gets possesed by the spirit cop. :) 

Episode 4:

Detective Kang...

tenor.gif

So rash. So so rash!

Back to watching it and praying hard that I won't scream.

===========

Thoughts after watching episode 1 to 4:

1) I used to love "Silent Night" during Christmas.... now....:frown:

Thanks OCN! *shakes fist*

2) Detective Kang is as clueless in the romance department as he was in My Ahjussi.  *laughs*

However the rashness is killing me here.

Stirring the hornet's nest so rashly is just plain stupid. 

3) HSJ... girl... got to give it to you. LOL

The staring. The "straightforwardness", The "innuendos". The hints... LOL

But I can feel the excitement as if she finally found someone who understands her and not find her crazy.

4) HDD. Ok.... crazy as richard simmons. 

And he spoil "Silent Night" for me! :rage:

5) I'm loving the Beauty (HSJ) and the beast (Detective Kang) budding relationship here and I'm looking forward for more. 

6) I love the close relationship Detective Detective Kang has with his co workers and chief. 

Can't comment much more since I'm still at episode 4.

It's a pity not much are talking about it but so far... OCN didn't disappoint me and I'm loving it!

Thought after episode 14:

Still clueless how they would wrap this whole mess in next 2 episodes.  The twists and turns is really unpredictable to me. One second they are so determined to fight, another second they are so helpless, then the following one try to run away, one is trying to straighten things, then now both are running away. Based on the preview, I think Bae Man Su (the con shaman) might play a significant role into getting to HDD's weakness or find out a way to banish HDD's soul back to hell. I hope both leads live after all of this and not following "Priest" finale by making one of them lost memory. That would be too depressing :bawling:

15 hours ago, mrsj3n said:

Episode 4:

Detective Kang...

So rash. So so rash!

Back to watching it and praying hard that I won't scream.

===========

Thoughts after watching episode 1 to 4:

1) I used to love "Silent Night" during Christmas.... now....:frown:

Thanks OCN! *shakes fist*

2) Detective Kang is as clueless in the romance department as he was in My Ahjussi.  *laughs*

However the rashness is killing me here.

Stirring the hornet's nest so rashly is just plain stupid. 

3) HSJ... girl... got to give it to you. LOL

The staring. The "straightforwardness", The "innuendos". The hints... LOL

But I can feel the excitement as if she finally found someone who understands her and not find her crazy.

4) HDD. Ok.... crazy as richard simmons. 

And he spoil "Silent Night" for me! :rage:

5) I'm loving the Beauty (HSJ) and the beast (Detective Kang) budding relationship here and I'm looking forward for more. 

6) I love the close relationship Detective Detective Kang has with his co workers and chief. 

Can't comment much more since I'm still at episode 4.

It's a pity not much are talking about it but so far... OCN didn't disappoint me and I'm loving it!

Yeah, he was rash here and that temper of him... sigh.. I was like how you are when I watched the episode.. haha.

But over the remaining episodes it would be interesting. You might fall in love with Yeon Jeong Hoon wickedness as the second possessed person. Hahaha. Those possessed actors are so good! I can't even hate them because they seduced me with their great acting! Gosh! :blush:

19 hours ago, Dramanoona said:

Hi! I did try but somehow I couldn't continue.

I am watching the drama that Mateo is in at the moment. LOL.

I think the premise for the drama is interesting but I suppose it's not for everyone.

It's okay . Each one have their own preference. For me, I just like unconventional kind of drama and the gory killing and bloodbath in the first episode kinda hooked me (read: I am not a psychopath :P). Besides, I've been wanting to see Go Joon Hee and Song Sae Byuk to take on lead role. 

By the way, I am currently watching KJW's new drama too! Hahahaha! But, I didn't leave any comment or opinion because I usually just enjoy reading the posts in romance drama's thread and squealing over the heart-throbbing .gifs . I rarely make any comment to it. :rolleyes:

@ellelyana88 I've finished watching episode 9 now.

I hope it don't disappoint me as I catch up.

I dropped The Priest at episode 9 or 10 as I can't stand the romance they threw in and the whole story just looked weird to me.

This drama made me cry! :tears:

I thought I'm supposed to be spooked but gosh.. it pulled the string of my heart tightly when it comes to Detective Kang and HSJ.

And then Detective Kim's story as well.

When he carried his daughter..  oh dear... I've run out of tissues!

I like that I don't have to fry my brain to figure out who did HDD possess.

But I'm not looking forward to him going around killing people like game.

That's sick and I'm scared.

And i also like that they add in some comedy as well especially the soccer competition.

Detective Choi had me laughing with the celebration and then Detective Kang had me laughing at the own goal. 

2 hours ago, mrsj3n said:

@ellelyana88 I've finished watching episode 9 now.

I hope it don't disappoint me as I catch up.

I dropped The Priest at episode 9 or 10 as I can't stand the romance they threw in and the whole story just looked weird to me.

This drama made me cry! :tears:

I thought I'm supposed to be spooked but gosh.. it pulled the string of my heart tightly when it comes to Detective Kang and HSJ.

And then Detective Kim's story as well.

When he carried his daughter..  oh dear... I've run out of tissues!

I like that I don't have to fry my brain to figure out who did HDD possess.

But I'm not looking forward to him going around killing people like game.

That's sick and I'm scared.

And i also like that they add in some comedy as well especially the soccer competition.

Detective Choi had me laughing with the celebration and then Detective Kang had me laughing at the own goal. 

Oh, you've watched that heart-breaking kissing scene at Mother Shaman's house then. :tears::tears::tears:

But then, I laughed so hard during the soccer competition! The comedy was unexpectedly hilarious! :joy:

Gosh, this drama is playing push and pull with us, and I surrendered myself. Hahahahahaha!

@ellelyana88 YES!

And that "hand holding" scene...

Even when HSJ was hugging the bear and crying..

And then Detective Kang hugging the bear too..

Oh my heart... :tears:

I wish I have the power to teleport them to a place with a house near a beach with a rocking chair and keep them there forever! 

That soccer competition really had me laughing like a mad woman. I was crying earlier and suddenly I'm laughing like a crazy woman.

I'm gonna try to catch up episode 10 later before I call it a night... I think I have been crying for hours and I'm suddenly feeling very tired and dejected for they have to give up in order to save the world.

I hope the ending don't suck. That's all I ask for.

2 minutes ago, mrsj3n said:

That soccer competition really had me laughing like a mad woman. I was crying earlier and suddenly I'm laughing like a crazy woman.

Hahahahahahaha! 

4 minutes ago, mrsj3n said:

I wish I have the power to teleport them to a place with a house near a beach with a rocking chair and keep them there forever

Owww.. No need to worry. You will see this in episode 14..though it's not a fancy one. (Oppsss, did i spoil it for u :sweatingbullets:). I hope you don't "teleport" yourself right away to episode 14 :lol: (because that episode is heart-breaking too with what happened to his colleagues :tears:)

Archived