Episodes: 16

Genre: Comedy, Romance

Network: JTBC

Airdate: March 25th - May 14th, 2019

Airtime: Mon & Tue @ 21:30 KST

Director: Lee Chang Min

Writer:  Kim Ki Ho etc.

Synopsis

Lee Joon-Ki  is an unpopular actor. He runs the guest house Waikiki, but the guest house is facing bankruptcy. To revive the guest house, Lee Joon-Ki drags his friends Cha Woo-Sik  and Kook Ki-Bong, who all graduated from the same high school, to invest in the guest house.

Cha Woo-Sik is a picky person and he wants to become a singer. Due to Lee Joon-Ki, he puts all his money into Waikiki. Kook Ki-Bong used to be a promising baseball player, but he now plays in the minor leagues. Due to Lee Joon-Ki, he also puts all his money into Waikiki. Along with these 3 men, Han Soo-Yeon, Kim Jung-Eun  and Cha Yoo-Ri  all begin to live at Waikiki.

Cast

Lee Yi Kyung as Lee Joon Ki

leejikyung.png

Kim Sun Ho as Cha Woo Sik

kimsinho.png

Shin Hyun Soo as Kook Ki Bong

shinhyunsoo.png

Mun Ka Young as Han Soo Yeon

moongayoung.png

Anh So Hee as Kim Jung Eun

Ahn-So-Hee.png

Kim Ye Won as Cha Yoo Ri

Kim-Ye-Won.png

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  SOOMPI TV, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

teasers:

Spoiler

OST 

Part 1

Spoiler

Part 2

part 7

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOCKING THE THREAD NOW 

Reason: No confirmed cast

Please reach out to any section moderator to have the thread unlocked when appropriate.

------

Kang Han Na In Talks To Star In 2nd Season Of “Waikiki”

Oct 17, 2018
by J. Lee

Kang Han Na may be starring in the second season of “Waikiki.”

On October 17, JTBC commented, “The second season of ‘Waikiki’ is preparing to broadcast in the first half of next year,” and added, “She is positively considering the casting [offer].”

The first season of “Waikiki” aired in February 2018 and gained popularity for portraying the realistic lives of youth in a guest house called Waikiki. Kim Jung Hyun, Son Seung Won, Lee Yi Kyung, Jung In Sun, Go Won Hee, and Lee Joo Woo appeared in the first season.

If Kang Han Na is confirmed, she will likely be working on the drama while being managed by a new agency. Kang Han Na and Fantagio have been in conflict since March regarding their contract. When she announced that she will sign with the entertainment agency STARDIUM on September 27, Fantagio stated that they will take legal action.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1246825wpp/kang-han-na-talks-star-2nd-season-waikiki

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2019] Eulachacha Waikiki Season 2 - 으라차차 와이키키 2 - Premieres in March 2019
  • jeijei locked this topic
  • Guest unlocked this topic

How am I to watch Lee Yi Kyeong back in Waikiki after watching him in Investigation Couple and Children of Nobody? He was all right in Investigation Couple, but I can hardly recognize him in Children of Nobody - acting-wise. He has grown up a lot since the first Waikiki series. I cannot believe that it was less than an year ago. I cannot stop wondering if it is the "seonbenimdeul"'s effect.

I hope Kim Ye Won's character will be different from her old ones. I feel like it's difficult for her to escape the trap of playing the same character over and over again. I'm holding my fingers crossed.

But until then,  I'm (im)patiently waiting for Kim Seon Ho, Lee Yi Kyeong and Shin Hyeon Soo. :D 

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2019] Eulachacha Waikiki Season 2 - 으라차차 와이키키 2 - 으라차차 와이키키2 - Mon & Tue 21:30 KST - Premieres in March 2019

https://www.soompi.com/article/1182303wpp/jtbc-announces-plans-2nd-season-waikiki

JTBC Announces Plans For 2nd Season Of “Waikiki”

JTBC Announces Plans For 2nd Season Of âWaikikiâ

JTBC’s “Waikiki” is making a return with a second season!

On June 8, a source from JTBC stated, “The second season of ‘Waikiki’ is currently in the planning stage. However, broadcast details and the cast have not been decided yet.”

The first season of “Waikiki,” which concluded in April, followed the story of three young men who run a guest house that is on the brink of closing down. The main cast consisted of Kim Jung Hyun, Lee Yi Kyung, Song Seung Won, Jung In SunGo Won Hee, and Lee Joo Woo.

Are you looking forward to the second season of “Waikiki”?

https://www.soompi.com/article/1246825wpp/kang-han-na-talks-star-2nd-season-waikiki

Kang Han Na In Talks To Star In 2nd Season Of âWaikikiâ

Kang Han Na may be starring in the second season of “Waikiki.”

On October 17, JTBC commented, “The second season of ‘Waikiki’ is preparing to broadcast in the first half of next year,” and added, “She is positively considering the casting [offer].”

The first season of “Waikiki” aired in February 2018 and gained popularity for portraying the realistic lives of youth in a guest house called Waikiki. Kim Jung Hyun, Son Seung Won, Lee Yi Kyung, Jung In Sun, Go Won Hee, and Lee Joo Woo appeared in the first season.

If Kang Han Na is confirmed, she will likely be working on the drama while being managed by a new agency. Kang Han Na and Fantagio have been in conflict since March regarding their contract. When she announced that she will sign with the entertainment agency STARDIUM on September 27, Fantagio stated that they will take legal action.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1259859wpp/kim-seon-ho-talks-play-leading-role-2nd-season-waikiki

Kim Seon Ho In Talks To Play Leading Role In 2nd Season Of “Waikiki”

Kim Seon Ho In Talks To Play Leading Role In 2nd Season Of âWaikikiâ

On November 8, a media outlet reported that Kim Seon Ho was cast in JTBC’s upcoming second season of “Waikiki.”

The first season of “Waikiki” aired earlier this year and told the story of three young men running a failed guest house and a single mother whose stay disrupts their lives.

The second season will feature an entirely new cast, with actress Kang Han Na confirmed to be in talks for a starring role.

A source from Kim Seon Ho’s agency, S.A.L.T Entertainment, stated, “Kim Seon Ho has received the casting offer for the second season of ‘Waikiki’ and the production staff are currently awaiting his positive answer.”

Kim Seon Ho last appeared in the recently-ended tvN drama “100 Days My Prince.” The second season of “Waikiki” is slated to begin organizing in the first half of 2019.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1263171wpp/ahn-hee-shin-hyun-soo-lee-yi-kyung-talks-appear-2nd-season-waikiki

Ahn So Hee, Shin Hyun Soo, And Lee Yi Kyung In Talks To Appear In 2nd Season Of “Waikiki”

Ahn So Hee, Shin Hyun Soo, And Lee Yi Kyung In Talks To Appear In 2nd Season Of âWaikikiâ

More actors are in talks to join the second season of JTBC’s “Waikiki.”

On November 14, Ahn So Hee’s agency BH Entertainment said, “Ahn So Hee is positively considering appearing in season two of ‘Waikiki.'” This was also stated by JTBC.

A source from JTBC added, “We’ve currently sent an offer to Lee Yi Kyung. We’re hoping that he’ll participate and continue along after season one.”

Lee Yi Kyung made a lasting impression on viewers with his funny acting, and many fans are hoping to see him again in the second season. However, the actor recently became the lead of MBC’s “Children of Nobody,” which may make it difficult for him to organize his schedule for both dramas.

A source from Lee Yi Kyung’s agency said, “Lee Yi Kyung received an offer for ‘Waikiki’ season two and is looking over it.”

It was previously reported that Kim Seon Ho also received an offer for the drama and was considering it.

The first season of “Waikiki” ended in April and told the story of a failing guest house. Like the original drama, the second season will be directed by director Lee Chang Min and co-written by Kim Ki Ho and Song Ji Eun.

The second season of “Waikiki” is scheduled to air in the first half of 2019.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1266217wpp/moon-ga-young-talks-second-season-waikiki

Moon Ga Young In Talks For Second Season Of “Waikiki”

Moon Ga Young In Talks For Second Season Of âWaikikiâ

Moon Ga Young may appear in the second season of “Waikiki.”

On November 20, Moon Ga Young’s agency KeyEast Entertainment revealed, “Moon Ga Young is in positive talks for the second season of JTBC’s upcoming drama, ‘Wakiki.'”

The first season of “Waikiki” told the story of young adults living in Waikiki guesthouse which is about to go broke. The second season of the drama is slated to air in January 2019.

Other actors such as Ahn So Hee, Lee Yi Kyung, Kim Seon Ho, Shin Hyun Soo, and Kang Han Naare also in talks for the drama.

Previously, Moon Ga Young played Choi Soo Ji, the daughter of a conglomerate in MBC’s drama “Tempted.” Check out Moon Ga Young in “Tempted” on Viki below.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1289221wpp/lee-yi-kyung-confirmed-2nd-season-waikiki

Lee Yi Kyung Confirmed For 2nd Season Of “Waikiki”

Lee Yi Kyung Confirmed For 2nd Season Of âWaikikiâ

Lee Yi Kyung will be returning for the second season of JTBC’s “Waikiki”!

On January 8, HB Entertainment officially announced, “After appearing on Season 1 of ‘Waikiki,’ actor Lee Yi Kyung has been confirmed to appear on Season 2 as well.”

The agency went on, “In Season 1, [Lee Yi Kyung] showed a wide variety of unique and different qualities through his portrayal of a character that was both comical and sincere. Accordingly, he will display many charms in Season 2 as well, without giving viewers a single chance to get bored. We ask that you look forward to it.”

Lee Yi Kyung will be reprising his role from the first season of “Waikiki,” in which he starred as Lee Joon Gi, a seemingly carefree struggling actor with hidden emotional wounds. Despite being an accident-prone troublemaker, the lovable Lee Joon Gi proved impossible to hate. The role also gave Lee Yi Kyung a chance to show off both his skillful comic acting and a more serious, emotional performance as he portrayed the secret pain hidden behind Lee Joon Gi’s lighthearted smile.

Ahn So Hee, Kim Seon Ho, Kang Han Na, Shin Hyun Soo, and Moon Ga Young are currently in talks to appear in the upcoming season as well.

The second season of “Waikiki” is scheduled to premiere sometime in the first half of 2019.

In the meantime, watch Lee Yi Kyung in his currently airing MBC drama “Children of Nobody” below!

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2019] Eulachacha Waikiki Season 2 - 으라차차 와이키키2 - Mon & Tue 21:30 KST - Kim Sun Ho & Lee Yi Kyung - Premieres in March 2019
  • 3 weeks later...

A new Waikiki Guesthouse? What happened to the old one? Or maybe it's the theme of the IG user idk. Gahh.

Did Junki also move out to the old one and found another one and Kibong and Wooshik invest this? Oh my goodness!

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, triplem said:

Seems so . I have faith in this writer . So will definitely check it out . also am a big fan of kim Seon Ho :D . An excellent & versatile actor with good comic timing who moved from stage to drama just a few years ago. Join me :kiss_wink:

Haha maybe I will! I’m not familiar with any of the new cast except for Moon Ga Young. I hope the show will be as funny and unexpected as the first season.

53 minutes ago, joonminfan said:

@triplem I loved Waikiki S1 and now that the cast has changed, I don’t know if I should watch S2. Seems like the guesthouse is totally different too?

As I know.. The guest house is facing bankruptcy, so maybe that's one of the reasons the new guest house is different from the previous one. I also have mixed feelings about the second season actually, but I'll give it a try since I am a fan of Kim Seon Ho.

Coffee truck support for the drama sent by will ent (Shin Hyun Soo's management comp) and Seonho Hada (Kim Seonho's Korean fans club).

Official pics from JTBC insta

Few cents:

* Even though Yikyung is an original cast from the 1st season but they made Kim Sunho as top billed. (I'm a bit OC with the order of casting xD ) and Yikyung as the 2nd listed there.

* I do have also mixed feelings with this casting and I have a good faith in them that this season may be crazier than the 1st one plus Yikyung had a reason to reprise his role is because of the staffs that took part in the 1st season.

2 hours ago, triplem said:

Woo Sik ( KSH ) & Soo Yeon ( MGY) right ? Same here ! I get good feelings for that pairing. 

So the question that’s playing on my mind is how they will explain Jung Ki’s love line . In season 1 - they were my favourite couple & had a happy ending . So now what will happen to Go Won Hee’s character ? 

The girls from the 1st season seem so close, not only between them but also with the jtbc pd. I believe go won hee or and lee joo woo potentially make a cameo on the 2nd season. As for jung in sun, I lowkey believe she won't since she and yi kyung are now ex.

I think the sitting arrangement shows us hints of the pair KSH - MGY, LYK - ASH, SHS - KYW.

For me, not how they'll explain the love line but more how they introduce the new guest house and the new cast. It's impossible to show du sik and dong gu, LYK plays very important role on this.

Will they make an alternative timeline or something? Because the boys on the 2nd season are said graduated from the same high school.

According to asianwiki, there are only 2 writers (Kim Ki-Ho and Song Ji-Eun) for the 2nd season while we had 3 writers for the 1st one (Kim Ki-Ho, Song Ji-Eun, Song Mi So). Anyone knows what happened with the other writer? 

“Welcome To Waikiki 2” Holds First Table Read; Promises To Be Wackier

By Nicole Caluag | February 21, 2019
WELCOME TO WAIKIKI 2 GEARS UP FOR ANOTHER COMICAL SEASON.
Images via JTBC Facebook Page

Images via JTBC Facebook Page.

Wacky hit drama Welcome To Waikiki is serving fans with another season, which will air after The Light In Your Eyes.

Welcome To Waikiki was widely received for its youthful charm, enjoyable story line and characters that touched the hearts of viewers. For season 2, an even more sensational production is being prepared.

Writers Kim Ki Ho, Song Ji Eun, Song Mi, and Seo Dong Bum are teaming up with Director Lee Chang Min to ensure that the hilarity and wackiness of the hit drama will be presented.

On January 21, the first script reading was held at the jTBC building in Sangam-dong, Seoul. The writers and director met with actors Lee Yi Kyung, Kim Seon Ho, Shin Hyun Soo, Moon Ka Yung,  Ahn So Hee and Kim Yee Won. Seeing the energetic cast together, excitement begins to heighten for its second season.

Waikiki newcomer Kim Sun Ho mentioned that he will take part in the drama happily. He promised to do well and enjoy filming.

Lee Yi Kyung, who gained massive popularity last season, will reprise his role as Joon Ki. Shin Hyun Soo hoped that the pleasant atmosphere they have during filming will be felt by the viewers.

Moon Ga Young attracted attention during the table read for her mischievous charm. She promised to make her character Han Soo Yeon as interesting as possible for the viewers.

Ahn Soh Hee returns to the small screen after three years as Kim Jeong Un. Kim Ye Won plays Cha Yoo Ri. She hopes that the filming will be fun as the script is a fun piece.

Welcome to Waikiki 2 is set to air on JTBC in March 2019. It will take over the Monday-Tuesday slot from the ongoing drama The Light In Your Eyes.

2 hours ago, ixxdhx81 said:

Will they make an alternative timeline or something? Becccording to asianwiki, there are only 2 writers (Kim Ki-Ho and Song Ji-Eun) for the 2nd season while we had 3 writers for the 1st one (Kim Ki-Ho, Song Ji-Eun, Song Mi So). Anyone knows what happened with the other writer? 

Song Miso is still around since the 1st season. :) I think there's a new writer to join these 3. (total of 4)

@MarianM you're right.

According to naver, the writers are:

Season 1 - 극본: 김기호,송지은, 송미소, 원혜진, 김효주 (Kim Ki Ho, Song Ji Eun, Song Mi So, Won Hye Jin, and Kim Hyu Joo).

Season 2 - 극본: 김기호,송지은, 송미소, 서동범 (Kim Ki Ho, Song Ji Eun, Song Mi So, Seo Dong Beom).

Song Mi So still around, but no Won Hye Jin and Kim Hyu Joo instead they add Seo Dong Beom. 

As long as the main writers and director are still there, I think I don't need to worry about the "main story". I'll believe in them. Let's wait and see.

If there's no additional episodes for The Light in Your Eyes, the first episode will be airing on March 25th.

10 hours ago, triplem said:

Woo Sik ( KSH ) & Soo Yeon ( MGY) right ? Same here ! I get good feelings for that pairing. 

So the question that’s playing on my mind is how they will explain Jung Ki’s love line . In season 1 - they were my favourite couple & had a happy ending . So now what will happen to Go Won Hee’s character ? 

I only watched half of season 1, but I think every season is a

story for itself.

In that pic, where everyone is siting together, these two actors

playing WS and SY look beautiful together.  :)

I have a possible theories about this season or slightly connected from the 1st season, probably why they need Yikyung to reprise his role as Junki.

* It's possible that Junki and Seojin broke up and Junki had no place to go thus he made a new guesthouse (just like in the first page) and convinced his friends Wooshik and Kibong to invest making Junki the CEO of the guesthouse.

or

* The old guesthouse remains but Donggu, Yoona, Sooah and Dooshik already moved out. Junki and Seojin remains but they fought and broke up and Seojin moved out too.

* It's possible that Go Wonhee to cameo to support Sunho and Yikyung. Wonhee and Sunho had a crazy chemistry in 'Strongest Deliveryman' Sunho cameoed to support Wonhee in  'Your House Helper' where she starred in.

---

* For the characters, I had a feeling that Sooyeon may be similar to Yoona. They may be drag out a bit about the guy that ditch her wedding day and possible for him to cameo to get her married again.

* I'm curious about Shin Hyunsoo that he got casted as Kibong and not Philip. Does Kibong share a trait to Philip? Is Philip his stage name? Haha.

Archived